Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

CashEnsign posted:

I just want to play video game :smith:

Just get star realms. Plenty of spaceships and cards. It's a card game.

Haven't cracked the code as I only caught up on the thread today. It all sounds like :effort: though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Got 10,000 posts behind is anything interesting going down yet or are we still in a holding pattern?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

The French Army! posted:

Got 10,000 posts behind is anything interesting going down yet or are we still in a holding pattern?

B4TBG posted an encrypted block allegedly from derek smart containing info about a supposed Extinction Level Event that will be occuring very soon.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Ohtsam posted:

B4TBG posted an encrypted block allegedly from derek smart containing info about a supposed Extinction Level Event that will be occuring very soon.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Beer posted a secret encoded message. People have been cracking it and :vince:ing all over the place because the secret is loving fukt

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in the CIG offices right now :stonk:

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

RuckusRouser posted:

I actually forgot about that dumb WC cross. Keep in mind he wore it to his wedding:

In a way I think the cross thing is most telling. It didn't exist at all in ANY of the games, it was invented only for the lovely movie plot. Then, on one of the most important days of this guy's life, he made sure to wear a replica of that prop, simply because Chris Roberts directed it. If that is not a form of religious devotion, I don't know what is.

I hope some day to have a relationship as strong as the button on Ben's coat.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

DigitalMocking posted:

I hope some day to have a relationship as strong as the button on Ben's coat.

1) that button
2) he really did wear the loving cross to his wedding day
3) and his best mates wore loving tshirts and joggers to his wedding :negative:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CashEnsign posted:

I just want to play video game :smith:

When this stuff gets out, there may not be any video games to play any more.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Does Chris have the AIDS?

:ohdear: Was there a murder?

:smithicide: ?

I cannot get a read on these reactions at all.

Edit:
Never mind Paladinus over-stepped. It's a gag.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 4, 2016

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Paladinus posted:

When this stuff gets out, there may not be any video games to play any more.

Thats pretty drat impressive, is the ELE an EMP?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's Monday so someone say something about the thing if you know the something tia

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Chris snorted coke off Lesnicks wiener, sandi watched

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Chris has the AIDS, but it's the good AIDS.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

You should see it without the restrictions imposed by the strangely-coded AI. In retail FS2, most ships had limiters when the AI was piloting them - they couldn't fire their weapons as fast as the game said they should, they couldn't fire more than like four turrets at once, ships couldn't maneuver on a vertical axis to evade fire... You should see a capital ship battle with a flak screen with those restrictions lifted.

holy poo poo i think im going to reinstall my GoG copy and get the OSCP to try it out again. That sounds glorious and hectic.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

grimcreaper posted:

holy poo poo i think im going to reinstall my GoG copy and get the OSCP to try it out again. That sounds glorious and hectic.

You need to track down the Fury AI (as it is termed) because I don't think it's included with the base SCP - although mods like Blue Planet use it in their campaigns. It's not included because it utterly breaks normal campaign mission balance to the extent that some missions are impossible.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Most of the people here who are saying they have cracked the code are just making it up or just got it through the guy who posted it on the other thread.

I know people are going to bitch to me about Opsec but given the game is almost up, i don't think its that big a deal. For newcomers, SA basically has hidden threads and sub forums that people use for threads that they still want to keep hidden even when the pay wall goes down.

You need mod permission to see these threads and to have platinum activated (which is why all those platinum only links are hidden). It's mainly there to keep out shitizens and the like.

Luckily you can still access the Star Citizen secret subforum here.

There's only one active thread left and Derek is the only one who can grant permission to see and post in it. Just send him a PM asking for him to authorise you.

As for the terrible secret. It's honestly not that big a surprise that people are making it out to be. If you were remotely objective about this project then it was only a matter of time that this happened. You have $110M and nothing to show for it. Anyone still with money in this game shouldn't be surprised that they no longer offer refunds.

I don't want to say too much but the big secret is really in the dates themselves.

Between Derek's talk of going concern, 31 March being the end of Q1 2016 and the UK tax year ending on 5 April, it's not too hard to join the dots even without Beer's message.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
With everyone talking about the code, and the stories of space games, and coffee, and life in general...I'm in sort of a search-for-meaning mood. To that end I'm sharing a poignant moment from one of my favourite comics.

Oh, and here's the source 'cause I'm not a loving leech.
P.S. I am right at that I LUUUURVE YOU GUYYYYYYS level of intoxicated right now. This thread has yielded some loving giggles, so cheers to you all. :beerpal:

P.P.S. Goddamnit it SMBC is one of those comics where I forget it's daily and end up binging through 30 of the newest ones at a time.

e: Nobody saw that.

Melanion fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 4, 2016

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Kegslayer posted:

Most of the people here who are saying they have cracked the code are just making it up or just got it through the guy who posted it on the other thread.

I know people are going to bitch to me about Opsec but given the game is almost up, i don't think its that big a deal. For newcomers, SA basically has hidden threads and sub forums that people use for threads that they still want to keep hidden even when the pay wall goes down.

You need mod permission to see these threads and to have platinum activated (which is why all those platinum only links are hidden). It's mainly there to keep out shitizens and the like.

There's only one active thread left and Derek is the only one who can grant permission to see and post in it. Just send him a PM asking for him to authorise you.

As for the terrible secret. It's honestly not that big a surprise that people are making it out to be. If you were remotely objective about this project then it was only a matter of time that this happened. You have $110M and nothing to show for it. Anyone still with money in this game shouldn't be surprised that they no longer offer refunds.

I don't want to say too much but the big secret is really in the dates themselves.

Between Derek's talk of going concern, 31 March being the end of Q1 2016 and the UK tax year ending on 5 April, it's not too hard to join the dots even without Beer's message.

Not me, I had a moment of genius this morning and everything clicked together. Then it was just a matter of time. If you know what tool to use, the answer is easy to find. But then, I am pretty Smart :D

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright

Melanion posted:

P.S. I am right at that I LUUUURVE YOU GUYYYYYYS level of intoxicated right now. This thread has yielded some loving giggles, so cheers to you all. :beerpal:

Same.

Here's a spacegame that exists.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Melanion posted:

With everyone talking about the code, and the stories of space games, and coffee, and life in general...I'm in sort of a search-for-meaning mood. To that end I'm sharing a poignant moment from one of my favourite comics.

P.P.S. Goddamnit it SMBC is one of those comics where I forget it's daily and end up binging through 30 of the newest ones at a time.

SMBC is great, this comic is great, I love everything. I've been in a state of alternating horror/giddy glee since I figured the code out.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Kegslayer posted:

Why are you such a downer?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Kegslayer posted:

As for the terrible secret. It's honestly not that big a surprise that people are making it out to be.

It certainly surprised the gently caress out of me. I wasn't expecting it to be what it was in the slightest, not for one single second. I'm sure people here are making poo poo up, but it's a 100% fact that everything you need to see it for yourself is posted in this thread by Derek and Beer. I'd say it's probably better to just wait and watch the fallout. Derek is either completely mental or has unimaginably huge internet balls. Probably both, at the same time.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
I don't even see the code anymore. I just see the woman in red.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

Derek is either completely mental or has unimaginably huge internet balls. Probably both, at the same time.

definitely both but i sort of knew that before the code shenanigans

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

You need to track down the Fury AI (as it is termed) because I don't think it's included with the base SCP - although mods like Blue Planet use it in their campaigns. It's not included because it utterly breaks normal campaign mission balance to the extent that some missions are impossible.

Thanks for the headsup, ill give it a shot soon.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

It is a code? I thought it was a magic image...

I need to take some aspirin and lay down

gently caress

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Melanion posted:

Actual source

e: oh you fixed it.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
The dress is blue.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

alf_pogs posted:

definitely both but i sort of knew that before the code shenanigans

I'd be happy just having the sack that would contain such internet balls.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I haven't posted my neighbour's cat here yet, I think. Enjoy!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Oh no that's the wrong image! Here you go

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

SHHHHH

You guys ever get 100 strips into a new comic only to realize the author started putting alt-text on them at some point and now you have to decide whether you're enough of a gormless consumer to go back and find where they began?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
haha oh dear I am really bad at this:

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 4, 2016

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
What the poo poo is this even

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 4, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The chode is cracked.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Goddamnit This thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzqUTJ7U3xs

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Screams eeeEEE posted:

Why are you such a downer?

He's, quite frankly, a hero for the more retarded of us.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Oh no that's the wrong image! Here you go

I saw it! That means I win a spaceships

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Melanion posted:

"The Centimeter" is actually based on the Library of Babel, which is a thing that actually exists and is quite scary to think about. And amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrBIKOR01c&t=1020s is a good explanation for it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

I'd be happy just having the sack that would contain such internet balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Gravity_Storm posted:

Not decoded any mysterious information but my complete guess is:

They have sold SQ42 and all assets to a publisher. This has obvious impacts to the PU of Star Citizen as they will basically have to start again or fold.

If it were this, there wouldn't be legal threats hanging overhead.

• Locked thread