Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

a yosposter recommended not using a french press if you have stomach problems and i found them to be very correct

deffo use something with a paper filter if you value your stomach and drink too much coffee

ulcers are just the coffee finding a more efficient path to your blood stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
my class conscious drink of choice is victory gin

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
mighty clean lookin chemex op

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
first cup off coffee for the day, with a peanut butter sandwich, watching starcraft 2. sunday morning ftw

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i drink tons of coffee at work and never drink it on the weekends

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Syncopated posted:

first cup off coffee for the day, with a peanut butter sandwich, watching starcraft 2. sunday morning ftw

second cup o' the day. Squarepusher on vinyl, playing Brogue on my computer.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Syncopated posted:

p drat deece my man

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

My coffee machine is a 5 cup drip machine, and it is made by the same people who made my weedwhacker

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Shitposters in threads drinking coffee. You hosed up the title, op

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
when u crema game on fleek

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

<3

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Syncopated posted:

first cup of the day. laying in bed. balancing the coffee cup on my window sill full of old coffee cups and garbage.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

same

i am always seeking out that truly perfect cup of coffee

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Looks familiar, like a Georgia OKeefe painting

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I had a starbucks iced coffee this morning. Delicious!

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

I made my pourover setup even dumber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4PnNO5ktlI

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I had wegmans donut shop blend from a k cup today

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

kool

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

whats the least effort way for me to consistently make cups of coffee that arent complete poo poo like the stuff i drink at work

i dont drink coffee at home often but if i have a guest over that likes coffee i wanna be able to easily make them a cup that isn't garbage

im leaning toward keurig + keeping some beans in the freezer that i grind as needed and fill a keurig cup with

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
don't serve them instant coffee, just have a coffee pot and keep some good beans in an airtight container (not the freezer)

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

mishaq posted:

whats the least effort way for me to consistently make cups of coffee that arent complete poo poo like the stuff i drink at work

i dont drink coffee at home often but if i have a guest over that likes coffee i wanna be able to easily make them a cup that isn't garbage

im leaning toward keurig + keeping some beans in the freezer that i grind as needed and fill a keurig cup with

https://prima-coffee.com/equipment/abid/clever

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CPK-17-PerfecTemp-1-7-Liter-Stainless/dp/B003KYSLNQ/

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i already have an electric kettle

do i have to get one that can do 200 degrees instead of 212 or is the extra 12 degrees of boiling water really going to ruin the coffee taste

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i have a normal stove top kettle and a french press. suits my needs

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

mishaq posted:

do i have to get one that can do 200 degrees instead of 212 or is the extra 12 degrees of boiling water really going to ruin the coffee taste

no you're fine, the button ranges on that one are just because making a kettle that lets you get down to individual degrees is apparently either really hard or really expensive

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i just hit BOIL 90% of the time

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.

Jonny 290 posted:

I had a starbucks iced coffee this morning. Delicious!

same but i made in it my keurig, so yummy, so easy to use

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

duTrieux. posted:

no you're fine, the button ranges on that one are just because making a kettle that lets you get down to individual degrees is apparently either really hard or really expensive

ok cool, god bless

George posted:

don't serve them instant coffee, just have a coffee pot and keep some good beans in an airtight container (not the freezer)

god bless as well

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

I quit caffeine and it's pretty awesome I don't get sleepy at like 6pm and now if I actually need some I can just get a small and it's like whoa

i DIDNT quit caffeine but stopped eating until dinner (intermittent fasting) and same result

only thing I have before like 4-5pm is coffee (with milk)

also OP nice scales. as you know someone in my professional respects a scale. although I'd love to see manual scales and then I would be wetting my pants

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ALSO
instant coffee is fine

GOOD instant coffee (5% of instant coffee) is better than 80% of any other brewed coffee

do it right.. do it well.. no one will know

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Instant coffee can be ok.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and "properly made" coffee can be complete poo poo

and yet "ok" instant coffee is usually extremely consistently so

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

parrot coffee mug

Omg I had one of these.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mishaq posted:

Just get a zojirushi thermo pot.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

noice

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/markrittman/status/715062868958384128

Syncopated