Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

T-rex gonna be suspended for the rest of this season at this rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

cpaf posted:

Yeah no real reason to change much from the team that flogged us last year. I can just see Tui run rings around our tired old forwards with the new interchange rules and he's played pretty much everywhere

He can play every position in the back line. His best positions are 1, 6 and 7, but those jerseys aren't going to be available for a while. Hiku and Vatuvei pick themselves on the left. SKD has form and incumbency on his side. If we go down the utility route he's a candidate, but someone like Leuluai is a better option if healthy because he can cover dummy half.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Yeah for some reason I thought he played some 9 last year

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Think there might be a reason Adam Elliot hasn't seen much gametime this year

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

That would have been the try of the year if Sezer made it

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

cpaf posted:

That would have been the try of the year if Sezer made it

Great bit of play, and a yellow card!

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Haha but which Josh, what the gently caress this game

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Ha, Josh Reynolds on the sideline before they told him he hadn't been binned

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
An actual good call by the refs on a sin bin? Wow.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

An actual good call by the refs on a sin bin? Wow.

Dumb thing was it would never have been a try this time since the ball was a metre over his head regardless of Jackson's interference. The more clearcut situation they don't use the bin because Warriors.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The dogs should have had Williams sent off for the trip tbh.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Klemmer should go into acting, dude looks evil.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Dumb thing was it would never have been a try this time since the ball was a metre over his head regardless of Jackson's interference. The more clearcut situation they don't use the bin because Warriors.

I can accept the penalty try not being awarded because of the pass, but the bin was right because it was a very obvious professional foul in a try scoring situation.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The dogs should have had Williams sent off for the trip tbh.

Definitely. The refs have a lot to answer for there.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Definitely a punch on Boyd just then, Klemmer should have been binned as well. Rules like that shouldn't bend based on context

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Good win that its good to see sezer and austin back. Sezer could be a darkhorse for origin.

Edit

Hahah klemmer what a cat
https://streamable.com/65xd

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 4, 2016

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Facebook tells me grub stuck his finger up a date at the scrum. Phoneposting so can grab the image but be interesting if anything comes of it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Oh goody, a new chance to rename the thread!

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
2016 is the NRL equivalent of a flashback episode.

FlickingFire
Nov 8, 2011

MiniSune posted:

Facebook tells me grub stuck his finger up a date at the scrum. Phoneposting so can grab the image but be interesting if anything comes of it.

He posted on twitter that it was just a bit of fun between mates. What the gently caress is wrong with rugby league players.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
This sport.

Not sure which is funnier, this from Croker:

just a bit of fun between dates posted:

“I don’t know what’s going on there,” he told Sky Sports Radio’s Big Sports Breakfast. “Whether they played a bit too much junior footy together and they missed each other or what the go was, but that was a bit of a laugh as well.”

Or this from Steve Mortimer re: Reynolds

quote:

He is a wonderful bloke, he’s got a good attitude

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/apr/05/josh-reynolds-denies-return-of-hopoate-finger-after-bum-joke-during-nrl-game

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

OK, maybe I'm a bit weird with how I've always interacted with my mates but we've never either stuck or pretended to stick anything into each other.

Are we just bad friends? If that what good friends do nowadays?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Same thing happened last year when Mason gave Tariq Sims a friendly tool fondle in the ruck. Just a bit of publicly televised homoeroticism between mates I guess?

At least it wasn't a dog.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

It was pretty funny.

Sezer didnt react either so he must have thought oh that reynolds lolz up to his old tricks. I think it probably does pass for a bit of a laugh in nrl/sport culture.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I didn't watch the Dogs-Raiders game too closely, what was Klemmer's punch like? I notice he didn't even get cited for it.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

ili posted:

I didn't watch the Dogs-Raiders game too closely, what was Klemmer's punch like? I notice he didn't even get cited for it.

There was a bit of shirt grabby pushy pully around the play the ball and he lashed out, not sure if he connected even, but he swung a punch, surprised he didn't get anything. I guess that means if you swing and miss its ok?

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/65xd_1.mp4

looks like he connects to me

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

BJ leuila got sin binned for less a couple of weeks ago. It was a pretty poor game from the dogs tbh. They should have been to 10 men after klemmer punched boyd. Which really shows how the discipline just flew out the window.

Williams should have been sent off for his trip and they already had a guy in the bin for a professional foul.

Really grubby display by the bulldogs

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

A grubby display from the dogs? Say it ain't so!

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug
Number 9 from the dragons making an exceptionally strong case for best hair in the comp

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dud game so far

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

The dragons drop the ball so much, I blame the hair-dos.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

:horse:

Why is st george illawara even a team.

I mean give the license to someone who cares and can do something with it

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Its literally "journey man retirement home the club"

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I blame the fact that they're a bunch of mouth breathing muppets, personally.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Dragons completed a set!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dragons so bad it's catching

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The dragons attack is real bad ATM. There are four players who have scored more points than the dragons have (from one less game)

Croker (leading point scorer) has almost 20 points on them.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Unrelated to that snoozefest of a game, have a clip of the "Parra Wall" set play I randomly came across on facebook that I had never seen before: https://youtu.be/9VXNYxVMy0M

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

What a sad game that was

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Highlight of the dragons/broncos game was when I got pubes stuck in my foreskin at the crowded urinal and a kid pointed and laughed at me

Boring as poo poo game and I ate stadium food so I'm probably dead now

drowned in pussy juice fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Typical night out in Brisbane, really.

Jesus, the dragons are so poor it's barely funny. The tigers might make me want to commit self harm regularly but at least they score points on a regular basis. It must be ridiculously depressing to support a team who you barely think are capable of getting one try per match.

• Locked thread