Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SciFiDownBeat posted:

The director of a Broadway play becomes the leading man when the previous actor suffers an unfortunate accident

the producers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

not quite

Adix posted:

the producers

quite

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Two Magicians do the same trick. One of them does it better after getting help from a scientist friend.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

dreezy posted:

yes and holy grail

Absolute Lithops posted:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Correct!

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

Jimson posted:

Two Magicians do the same trick. One of them does it better after getting help from a scientist friend.

The Prestige?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Jimson posted:

le prestige

I feel like this movie appears on every other page. lots of fun little details to play with though

eeyeph bee

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
A former champion swimmer saves a new years eve party from further catastrophe.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
You should see the original version from the '60s: Mel Books, Gene Wilder, and Zero Mostel at their peaks. And the director doesn't go on stage -- they cast this guy as Hitler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4ht5we3qzY

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
A baby hangs out with a big guy, a mean guy and a stupid guy until his father takes him back
Big Daddy?

A "baby" hangs out with two guys in a remote location where they do a little dancing
Dirty Dancing

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
One more:

A guy becomes a hero for loving his friend's mom.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Testikles posted:

A baby hangs out with a big guy, a mean guy and a stupid guy until his father takes him back
Big Daddy?

A "baby" hangs out with two guys in a remote location where they do a little dancing
Dirty Dancing

interesting answers. but no

Absolute Lithops posted:

You should see the original version from the '60s: Mel Books, Gene Wilder, and Zero Mostel at their peaks. And the director doesn't go on stage -- they cast this guy as Hitler:

lol

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Absolute Lithops posted:

Two men meet in space, only to discover they're married to the same woman.

Moon

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Clipperton posted:

Harold and Maude!

Correct

A man perfects his baseball skills after a devastating motorcycle accident in Germany.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Batman vs. Superman

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

quote:

A baby hangs out with a big guy, a mean guy and a stupid guy until his father takes him back.

Ice Age!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Since the thread seems to be losing steam, I'll just spoil these now.

Collateral Damage posted:

Young boy is a disappointment to his father, but gains his approval after befriending a cripple and saving his village from an ancient evil.
How to train your dragon

Collateral Damage posted:

Young hacker investigates family murder, uncovers government conspiracy.
The girl with the dragon tattoo (Actually the whole Millenium triology, I watched all three in a row so which plot points are in which movie is kind of hazy)

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
A businessman deals with a malfunctioning ATM.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

kizudarake posted:

American Psycho

DoctorStrangelove posted:

A group of friends sneak into the premier of the year's hottest movie.

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut

MrSmokes posted:

A tragedy happens and a lot of people get killed because those involved don't know how to handle it like civilized men.

Dr. Strangelove

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Man gets hit by a car on his way back from the donut shop.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

kizudarake posted:

American Psycho

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

ScrubLeague posted:

Man gets hit by a car on his way back from the donut shop.

Pulp Fiction

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Mr. Belpit posted:

American Psycho

Doc Friday posted:

American Psycho

Yeah.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

SciFiDownBeat posted:

(mine on the last page were both guessed correctly)

A baby hangs out with a celebrity until his sister takes him back (unsolved from earlier)

Is this Labyrinth?

Man disfigured in spat provides shelter and job/life guidance to dozens of wayward and struggling teens until he is one day ruthlessly attacked by a gang comprised of violent loud-mouthed orphans searching for their adoptive father, a masked street vigilante and a local television figure.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

An affectionado of new wave music faces scorn and revulsion for appreciating chubby chicks in a way others do not.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

hallo spacedog posted:

Is this Labyrinth?

Man disfigured in spat provides shelter and job/life guidance to dozens of wayward and struggling teens until he is one day ruthlessly attacked by a gang comprised of violent loud-mouthed orphans searching for their adoptive father, a masked street vigilante and a local television figure.

this results in unauthorized use of municipal trash receptacles

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Man depressed by his marital problems plans to relax on the town beach for a bit. Unfortunately he has trouble navigating the local public transit system, and must rely on the kindness of strangers to get to his destination.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

zimbomonkey posted:

A murderer spends free time at the top of a whale-laden waterfall swinging a chain.

Kung Pow

A pudgy contractor travels to an unfamiliar city to help his younger brother, who is sexually attracted to a lizard. Later the pudgy man shares a bed with five attractive women simultaneously.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Man depressed by his marital problems plans to relax on the town beach for a bit. Unfortunately he has trouble navigating the local public transit system, and must rely on the kindness of strangers to get to his destination.

A partial amnesiac rescues a goldfish.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Otisburg posted:

Dark City

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Otisburg posted:

Indeed!

In a war-torn country, law enforcement still finds the resources to deal with the rampant poaching problem.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
A man and his father get caught in an awkward situation when they find out they both have slept with the same woman, but she slips away after they share a drink.

Kimchi King
Aug 26, 2010

Ugly John posted:

A man and his father get caught in an awkward situation when they find out they both have slept with the same woman, but she slips away after they share a drink.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

hallo spacedog posted:

Is this Labyrinth?

good job you two!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

A man is unable to join a voyage on a commerce vessel after losing his seaman's license.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

SciFiDownBeat posted:

A man is unable to join a voyage on a commerce vessel after losing his seaman's license.

If this isn't Hard Target, it ought to be.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

large amount of people get placed in a cube like structure. The power of teamwork and love for disabled individuals reinforces family values throughout the film. Some people die.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Khris Kruel posted:

large amount of people get placed in a cube like structure. The power of teamwork and love for disabled individuals reinforces family values throughout the film. Some people die.

Well, Cube.

Although I'm completely ready for this to be a fakeout.

A former prisoner of war completes a quest to return a prized timepiece to an heir.

Red Oktober fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 4, 2016

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

hallo spacedog posted:

Is this Labyrinth?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Let's see here...

A young widow forces herself through dangerous, even deadly situations all to save her home and children. Also, literacy is basically The Force.

A lone predator wandering a desolate wasteland is denied what ought to be an easy meal time and again. Then the prey kills the predator.

A botanist is accidentally stranded by his fellow explorers on a hostile planet.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
A lawyer stuck in an unhappy marriage steals away to a friend's cabin with an attractive foreign woman, but it turns out the cabin has been rented to someone else.

A group of men seek shelter from a harsh desert environment. One of the men reads something disturbing on an item he finds in the shelter.

Two men traveling cross-country fail to talk their way out of trouble after being stopped for driving an unsafe vehicle.

A man has to repeatedly make friends with the same group of military toughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Centripetal Horse posted:

A man has to repeatedly make friends with the same group of military toughs.

Edge of tomorrow

• Locked thread