Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

CJacobs posted:

What you're seeing is the result of hundreds of zombies with harvard alumni levels of education, channeling their knowledge of science and physics to create laser death braaaaiiiiins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Wesker is really making Africa great again~

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I'll have you know that Wesker does not care only about Africa, the guy is global :colbert:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zain posted:

Wesker is really making Africa great again~

complete

global

saturation

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Please delete it, I want Zain to react to it live when you guys get there :v:

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 25, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh noo shiit spoilerssss

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I disovered the thread somewhat late so sorry if it's been asked - CJacobs said he beat the game alone; how is it in single player? I always heard it's completely unplayable because of the grabs and bosses designed for two people the AI just doesn't deal with.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
It's fine in single player, the AI isn't braindead as the internet would have you believe and can cope in bosses that require 2 people pretty well, I know since I played it primarily in single player and had no real issues.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

I disovered the thread somewhat late so sorry if it's been asked - CJacobs said he beat the game alone; how is it in single player? I always heard it's completely unplayable because of the grabs and bosses designed for two people the AI just doesn't deal with.

Well, first welcome~ This trainwreck does keep rolling which honestly if it wasn't for the issues that we have, I doubt people would even watch.

Ummm from what some people say. Proxy bombs are useless cause AI Sheva keeps picking them up. So setting traps is a no go.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

anilEhilated posted:

I played through first solo, but it IS better co-op. You just never give your partner healing items, because Sheva will use a red/green combo to heal the game's equivalent of a paper cut.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Re5 and really most of the other games Capcom released during this timeline had a love it or hate it feel to them. Most of them having to do with their multiplayer aspect. Lost Planet 2 comes to mind. EVERYONE who played the game solo hated it, but I only played the game with my friends and loved every second of it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

NotAnArtist posted:

I played through first solo, but it IS better co-op. You just never give your partner healing items, because Sheva will use a red/green combo to heal the game's equivalent of a paper cut.

Always while shouting "Be careful!" if I remember right. It's kind of funny.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
AI Sheva, even on an initial run, is like playing an online shooter with an aimbot on your team. She can snipe with a pistol.

She also can't exploit weak points, which is occasionally obnoxious, but as long as you consider her to be an Option from Gradius and equip her accordingly, she can be useful.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Wanderer posted:

She also can't exploit weak points, which is occasionally obnoxious, but as long as you consider her to be an Option from Gradius and equip her accordingly, she can be useful.

I always equipped her with the Stun Rod the first chance I got, and then she became my Items Mule.

Of course, I wish I had known that one of the purchasable pistols in the game had Piercing damage since Sheva only does body shots and it comes in handy with armored or shielded enemies.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

anilEhilated posted:

I wouldn't say it's unplayable, but you're basically on the money. Playing the game solo is much harder and much more annoying than playing it co-op for sure.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I'm another person who's played it mostly in singleplayer. Some boss fights have annoying gimmicks that are easier to deal with in co-op, but singleplayer is fine, really.

RE5 is certainly a better singleplayer game than Left 4 Dead is, at least! Whenever I got grabbed in RE5, I remember thinking "at least I can mash buttons to escape this on my own, unlike L4D, where I'm just dead outright if the bot-survivors can't manage to navigate to me from the next room over".

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Update of sorts~

Part Thirteen: The Lasers and CJacobs

It's going to be a short one this week folks. I'm sorry for that, but to be fair CJacobs definitely tried his best to extend it as much as possible.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

For what its worth, AI Sheva or Chris usually stands in the safe spots and won't move until the puzzle is complete.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

For what its worth, AI Sheva or Chris usually stands in the safe spots and won't move until the puzzle is complete.

So what you're saying is they're more useful than CJacobs?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zain posted:

So what you're saying is they're more useful than CJacobs?

AI Sheva ran into a laser on her own in the last episode!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Well, she did recently turn blonde.... What's your excuse? :D

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Like Judge Tesla said, "usually".

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
My feel for how the mirrors rotate is d makes the lasers go left and and makes it go to the right because that is where the character is moving.

CJacobs posted:

That was purely due to where you left her. And the first time you died to the lasers Mr. cjacobs was when the sweeping laser randomly bounced off a mirror and you had the bad luck to not be standing 2 steps to you right.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
:byodood:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Wedemeyer posted:

Well, she did recently turn blonde.... What's your excuse? :D

As a blonde person I find this extremely racist... That's how race works right? Blonde people are a race right?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Let's Try Not To Offend Blondies in Resident Evil 5

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Zain posted:

As a blonde person I find this extremely racist... That's how race works right? Blonde people are a race right?

Considering race is a social construct, if you get enough people to agree with you, yes.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
these last few episode were AMAZING

CJabobs posted:

I just hope nothing goes wr-AAAAAAARRRHHH!

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Probably should of called the last two episodes "CJacobs: A Chronicle of why I'm always on fire."

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

CJacobs is the shining light in this game's insanity, he is a true treasure but should not be sold to buy the infinite rocket launcher.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Zain posted:

Probably should of called the last two episodes "CJacobs: A Chronicle of why I'm always on fire."
Alternate title: "CJacobs: He may be on fire, but at least he's burned all the spiders to death."

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

Alternate title: "CJacobs: He may be on fire, but at least he's burned all the spiders to death."

Feel like there's a distinct lack of fire grenades. Cause I feel like he would have used them all in this chapter.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
When we were fleeing the burning city
And looked back from the first field path,
I said: "Let the grass grow over our footprints,
Let the harsh prophets fall silent in the fire,
Let the dead explain to the dead what happened.
We are fated to beget new and violent lasers
Free from the evil and the happiness that drowsed there.
Let us go"—and the earth was opened for us by a sword of spiders.

CJacobs

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

:siren: Update time! :siren:

Part Fourteen: Go Green :420: Alternate Title: CJacobs pussies out again and Zain has to save the day... AGAIN!

Today we talk about plants, plants, and more plants. ALSO HOLY poo poo INFO DUMP! Who thought it was a good idea to give the player 600 books to read after the last episode?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Oh, no, Chris and Sheva definitely made it to the top of the mental ladder.

Where they found a blue emblem and some ammo, and promptly jumped back down.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Speaking of Blue Emblems~ You'll be happy to know we've found a lot more in our next recording session! We've increased the number found by at least 100% from the last two episodes.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Zain is from Arizona. Arizona was a Confederate territory. It follows that Zain wants to repeal the 13th Amendment and make Dixie the national anthem.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Funnily enough the T Veronica Virus comes back in Resident Evil 6, it's the reason why the J'avo enemies in Chris's campaign look like insects when they transform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Judge Tesla posted:

Funnily enough the T Veronica Virus comes back in Resident Evil 6, it's the reason why the J'avo enemies in Chris's campaign look like insects when they transform.

Is this info gleaned from finding serpent emblems? I"m playing through it again on the PS4 (I forgot how lackluster it is overall) and haven't seen squat... but maybe I'm just glazing over when most of the cutscenes hit.

• Locked thread