Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I am struggling extremely hard not to crack up laughing during a dull presentation in class right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm the poorly photoshopped literally everything

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

:ohdear: Please don't eat him

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Wanamingo posted:

I'm the poorly lit and textured CG model of literally everything

looks like a project I did fifteen years ago during my wasted art school years
e: maybe that is all photoshop, iunno, but jeet christ it all looks really cheesy

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Titus Sardonicus posted:

e: maybe that is all photoshop, iunno, but jeet christ it all looks really cheesy

whatup artschool brah

looks to me like it's an amazing pastiche of 3d and 2d media. It transcends critique because of its awfulness.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hey art isn't a waste :(

Anyway have some frosted grapes:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Titus Sardonicus posted:

High five fellow artschool dropout

I feel/hope this was a dare of some kind

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I am making a separate post to protest frosted grapes. My boyfriend asked if they were pinky rats in cream.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

cash crab posted:

I am making a separate post to protest frosted grapes. My boyfriend asked if they were pinky rats in cream.

Hi Mr Cash Crab! Yes they might as well be.

E: I'd cover some of the grapes with citric acid powder just to gently caress with people.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 06:45 on Apr 5, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

And jello crystals are probably the worst type of frostedness. I swear I've seen other ways of doing it that weren't as diabetically intense.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

cash crab posted:

High five fellow artschool dropout

I feel/hope this was a dare of some kind

On the other side of that piece of paper is probably a suicide note.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Chow Fun is delicious but basically impossible to photograph well.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Put some yoghurt on that and I'll eat it all day every day.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Put some yoghurt on that and I'll eat it all day every day.
Yoghurt on thickened pork blood? Yuck!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
It looks like really sad coco pops

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
I thought it was black rice.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I thought it was black lentils

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well, it's a mixture of seasoned blood, pork fat and groats.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

steinrokkan posted:

Well, it's a mixture of seasoned blood, pork fat and groats.

Kieshka? I'm not sure on the spelling, but it's Polish blood oat sausage stuff.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

This thread is bringing back memories.

When I was about 4 or 5, the daycare I was at served a disgusting mid-summer "treat" called "Tuna Cone". It was basically tuna, mayonnaise, pickle relish, onions and Dijon mustard served in an Ice cream cone. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, but it looked about as unappetizing as you'd think.

Considering how sensitive and over-tasting kids taste buds are that thing had to have been every single child's nightmare. No kid likes relish, onions or Dijon mustard. The gently caress were they thinking? Some people seriously just have no idea how to prepare food for children

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Tuna and mayo on white bread. Kids will still think its gross but it won't have them wretching up bile like the tuna cone of terror.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Bollocks. The only reason that children don't eat the same as adults is because their coddling parents think that they are special unique snowflakes who once turned their nose up at an olive so now only give them fish sticks and chicken nuggets, because relish is just too pungent for my special sweet darling and his delicate tastebuds, get away from him with that bread don't you know that gluten is poisonous we only drink almond milk and eat whole grain bark

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Scientastic posted:

Bollocks. The only reason that children don't eat the same as adults is because their coddling parents think that they are special unique snowflakes who once turned their nose up at an olive so now only give them fish sticks and chicken nuggets, because relish is just too pungent for my special sweet darling and his delicate tastebuds, get away from him with that bread don't you know that gluten is poisonous we only drink almond milk and eat whole grain bark

Nope. And forcing kids to eat stuff that tastes way too strong to them because you like it is a good way to discourage them from wanting to try new foods. Kids can be receptive to a lot of foods generally considered to be "adult" foods if you don't make it a punishing experience to finish their plates even if they hate it.

http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/difference-between-taste-buds-adults-kids-27362.html
http://food.ndtv.com/health/forced-eating-does-no-good-to-children-783382

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Scientastic posted:

Alas, you and I were both some kind of mutant. I've always loved spicy things and onions and all that jazz, even from being a little kid. Most kids aren't that way.

It's good to encourage kids to try new things, so they don't turn into my college roommate who thought that toppings on pizza were "an abomination" and refused to eat any type of recognizable vegetable for years until his girlfriend forced him to eat a salad, but most kids do have a misguided survival instinct to distrust flavors and/or textures outside of a very "safe" spectrum that mostly includes sweet/salty/starchy.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Except I never said anything about forcing children to eat, and I have empirical evidence that small children can like mustard, onions and relish if they are offered these things and not told to be careful they don't take too much in case they're overpowered by flavour

Scientastic has a new favorite as of 18:59 on Apr 5, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Scientastic posted:

As a kid I didn't like a ton of the foods I loving love now. I didn't eat the same as adults back then because I didn't like the same foods.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I think it's a cultural thing. My friends and I are all Latin American and Caribbean and we all grew up eating what the adults ate once we got teeth. Maybe lunch would be a sandwich or lunchable but dinner was adult food.

Preemptively acknowledging this is anecdotal.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't really know much about mate but it looks pretty gross for a drink

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Speaking of beverages:

Meet tadpole soda basil seed drink.

It comes in a rainbow of colors and flavors:

It's basically just sugar water with texture, but not terrible. Might make an interesting mixer.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't really know much about mate but it looks pretty gross for a drink

I'm pretty sure you are supposed to light that.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

The straw has a sieve in the other end, so you don't slurp up the leaves. It's just herbal tea.

With lots of caffeine.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Aesop Poprock posted:

Considering how sensitive and over-tasting kids taste buds are that thing had to have been every single child's nightmare. No kid likes relish, onions or Dijon mustard. The gently caress were they thinking? Some people seriously just have no idea how to prepare food for children

Depends on what you were raised on. I was raised on no sugar of any sort so I never developed an affinity for sweets. I still turn down candy/cake/cookies/etc. when offered. However, when I was a kid, I loved tuna with relish, onions, and horseradish. Salmon patties were a favorite of mine when I was about 5. I also loved dill pickles as does my daughter. I was also raised on King Oscar sardines that my grandpa ate constantly.

My kids love sugar and are not to be trusted around anything sweet. I guess I've raised my kids wrong.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Crow Jane posted:

Speaking of beverages:

Meet tadpole soda basil seed drink.

It comes in a rainbow of colors and flavors:

It's basically just sugar water with texture, but not terrible. Might make an interesting mixer.

This Sunday my girlfriend broke up with me and I got piss hammered by myself. I stayed in my room drinking rum and cokes until I ran out of diet Coke at about 4am. Instead of walking half a mile to CVS when I was blind drunk I decided to just mix the last bit of rum I had with milk and creme de menthe and triple sec. It may have been the most god awful mixed drink I have ever had....and yet I would happily pour myself another one of those and chug it down before I drink a seed infested nightmare made with that swill.

Insult Comic Barbie
Apr 21, 2010
Basil seed drink is actually pretty tasty. But I was a big fan of Orbitz when I was a kid and such a thing existed, so your mileage may vary if you don't like chewing your drinks.

For content:

I'm amazed nobody's posted Simply Sara yet.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Insult Comic Barbie posted:

Basil seed drink is actually pretty tasty. But I was a big fan of Orbitz when I was a kid and such a thing existed, so your mileage may vary if you don't like chewing your drinks.

For content:

I'm amazed nobody's posted Simply Sara yet.

Oh, she's been posted a ton. My friends and I actually made that macaroni salad once for a BBQ. I didn't like it because I thought it was too sweet, but a lot of people enjoyed it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

axolotl farmer posted:

The straw has a sieve in the other end, so you don't slurp up the leaves. It's just herbal tea.

With lots of caffeine.

Mmm like drinking a sea creature. Or a swamp!

k-zed
Dec 1, 2008

Fallen Rib
Mate can be pretty nice but drinking it out of a gourd is gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff

Solice Kirsk posted:

This Sunday my girlfriend broke up with me and I got piss hammered by myself. I stayed in my room drinking rum and cokes until I ran out of diet Coke at about 4am. Instead of walking half a mile to CVS when I was blind drunk I decided to just mix the last bit of rum I had with milk and creme de menthe and triple sec. It may have been the most god awful mixed drink I have ever had....and yet I would happily pour myself another one of those and chug it down before I drink a seed infested nightmare made with that swill.

Rum and diet cokes sounds terrible.