Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I mean I guess all the hedging is inevitable when we decide on a lynch so early but gah hedgingggggg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Flying Leatherman posted:

I don't know where you're getting your point B from. I don't think there's any insight into the thought process there, just pointing out that if there was no NK last night, then there'd be at least an argument for an attempt being made on Infinitum and it being blocked.

Yeah, admittedly that's more of a hunch than a hard read. I still think Kash is scum.

quote:

Regardless, I'm not sure of where you're going with "if everyone agrees that Infinitum is scum, he's probably town". Could you explain what your reasoning is behind that? I'd think scum would be just as likely to bus a teammate under heavy suspicion as to vote for a townie in this situation.

Sure, maybe Infinitum is scum and the scum team gave up on trying to defend him. But to me the more likely explanation is that he's town, that some of the people on him are mistaken town, and scum is sitting back and letting it happen.

The cases on Infinitum, in my opinion, do not justify the entire game going "well lock it up, we don't even need to question this", and I think scum is manipulating the vote. People are welcome to agree or disagree as they see fit but I'm a bit curious why scum wouldn't draw from the large pool of scummy-acting people in this game for a counter case if Infinitum was on their team.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
How will Your view of me change if infinitum is actually scum

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

How will Your view of me change if infinitum is actually scum

While I'm not a huge fan of speculating stuff like that, I will probably think you are town and you'd have every reason to think I am scum.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I think infinitum is the best lynch for today and that's who I'm voting for

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

At this point I'm sorta expecting the modkill.

I like TNL's posting much less today than I did yesterday, looking back. It's content-light (although it is entertainment-heavy!), the businessmen thing is still weird (hey non-flavor TNL, was that a serious thing?), and his post today was...bizarre. Unfamiliarity with the posters is all well and good, but that shouldn't prevent you from saying "this guy looks scummy from an objective perspective". I don't think it's necessary to have a meta read on everyone that you case. His words on Infinitum are also weird to me because I can't see a reason for the ambiguity. What changed between the end of overtime and today that would sway your opinion from "I wouldn't vote him" to "I'm on board with his lynch today"? TNL, were you just talking about D1 or would you not have voted him in overtime (after his claim) either?

The businessman thing was made up, I needed a flavor reason for everyone to be suspicious and came up with something that sounded reasonable. Natives infiltrating the group may have been a more obvious angle but it would be tough to justify in the flavor and would have forced me to speculate whether that dude with a sunburn was really an Indian or actual settler, etc.

I don't like voting out players I'm unfamiliar with here, in part because I think people play differently all over the place so someone coming in fresh or from other sites will make mistakes inadvertently and not because of alignment, and in part because most day 1 cases tend to gravitate toward newer, less experienced players that tend to flip town. I wouldn't have voted Infinitum yesterday mostly because I didn't know anything about him. I think the way the day ended yesterday with a huge swing to another player due to a not very convincing claim makes him look a lot scummier. I also think his jailing choice was scummy.

To answer your last question I don't think I would have voted Infinitum in overtime either but it's tough to say who I would have voted for since I wasn't around. Nobody jumped out as particularly scummy to me yesterday.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Scummiest thing I think I have seen today is Murmur Twin flipping from Infinitum is scum to Infinitum is town today as the votes solidified. Strikes me as a scummy move regardless of Infinitum's alignment since Murmur Twin can spin it whichever way she wants tomorrow. MT also tried to role fish Kash which I think is straight up scummy, if Kash felt like claiming an investigation he would have already done so.

Gonna be looking at Kash a lot harder if Infinitum flips town, gonna be looking at Venom Soag if he flips scum.

This is -1 so ##vote Infinitum

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Mini-update
With 7 Votes to lynch Infinitum is at 6

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah, admittedly that's more of a hunch than a hard read. I still think Kash is scum.

Sure, maybe Infinitum is scum and the scum team gave up on trying to defend him. But to me the more likely explanation is that he's town, that some of the people on him are mistaken town, and scum is sitting back and letting it happen.

The cases on Infinitum, in my opinion, do not justify the entire game going "well lock it up, we don't even need to question this", and I think scum is manipulating the vote. People are welcome to agree or disagree as they see fit but I'm a bit curious why scum wouldn't draw from the large pool of scummy-acting people in this game for a counter case if Infinitum was on their team.

Are scum sitting back or are scum manipulating the vote? Your figures of speech cloud your meaning. If Infinitum flips town you've done a lot of work to set up town cred.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Hammer infinitum

TNL please post more

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

Scummiest thing I think I have seen today is Murmur Twin flipping from Infinitum is scum to Infinitum is town today as the votes solidified. Strikes me as a scummy move regardless of Infinitum's alignment since Murmur Twin can spin it whichever way she wants tomorrow. MT also tried to role fish Kash which I think is straight up scummy, if Kash felt like claiming an investigation he would have already done so.

Gonna be looking at Kash a lot harder if Infinitum flips town, gonna be looking at Venom Soag if he flips scum.

(a) I think the push on Infinitum feels scummier than Infinitum's actual posting and stand by that. The main reason I would have voted for Infinitum would be if he had been copped scum.
(b) I will put it on the record: I don't think Infinitum is scum. If he does flip scum I'm aware that people will likely think I'm also scum. I'm fine with it.
(c) If I were scum I wouldn't have brought Kash's role up at all, I would have assumed that Kash is a cop and NKed him.
(d) That bold part is scummy - you're setting up tomorrow's votes instead of reading over Infinitum (who you're bandwagon voting) and building up a solid case.
(e) I think the case on me is fake - I didn't "switch from Infinitum is scum to Infinitum is town", I cased him briefly because I thought he might have been lying about jailing imgay, and then concluded that I think he's town.

##vote TNL

I look forward to the inevitable accusation of OMGUS that I'm sure will follow.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
why am i scum if infinitum is scum idgu

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

At least you acknowledged it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

(d) That bold part is scummy - you're setting up tomorrow's votes instead of reading over Infinitum (who you're bandwagon voting) and building up a solid case.

I forgot to bold the part :eng99:

But yeah, how are you posting

The Ninth Layer posted:

This implies that you've read Kash and Soag and I enough to form opinions on us. And yet when it comes to the person you're actually voting for:

quote:

I don't like voting out players I'm unfamiliar with here, in part because I think people play differently all over the place so someone coming in fresh or from other sites will make mistakes inadvertently and not because of alignment, and in part because most day 1 cases tend to gravitate toward newer, less experienced players that tend to flip town. I wouldn't have voted Infinitum yesterday mostly because I didn't know anything about him. I think the way the day ended yesterday with a huge swing to another player due to a not very convincing claim makes him look a lot scummier. I also think his jailing choice was scummy.

To answer your last question I don't think I would have voted Infinitum in overtime either but it's tough to say who I would have voted for since I wasn't around. Nobody jumped out as particularly scummy to me yesterday.

It appears to be because he was a target yesterday, and because his choice of who to jail was scummy. There doesn't appear to be any interest in actually analyzing Infinitum's posts, it's more just about justifying why he's jumping on the bandwagon.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been mia most the day. I couldn't confirm what infini says so idk. ill hammer i guess ##vote infin

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Another town dead.

Good job idiots.
:ughh:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Scum Aligned Traitor Infinitum has been lynched.
With his death brings the start of Night 2. Please have all Night actions in before 04/04/2016 12:00 P.M. Pacific Time. (19:00 hours from this post.) If all night actions are in before then I will start day 3.

There was a great ebbing and flowing of the votes for Infinitum. Many of the group felt he was one of the people attempting to wrest control away from the leader of the wagon train. Others believed that he was but a humble salesman, peddling his wares throughout this unexplored wild. His demeanor would lead you to believe as such, inside his cabin were hundreds of pounds of supplies such as; furs, salt, and various sundries. With his body now strung up on the nearest tree there is no reason not to divvy up his supplies. The choice bits went to those that assisted in his lynching, and everything else went into the public stores. Thankfully this windfall should make the journey just a little safer for everyone else.

Traitor
You are Scum Aligned but investigate as Town. You do not have Access to the scum doc, you do not know their names, but they know who you are.
You win when Scum has the Majority vote.

You are a simple man with simple tastes. Fine wine, and pretty woman. That's all it takes in this world to make you happy. Maybe the occasional card game, or some high stakes fisticuffs, but all in all a simple man. Which is why, when someone came to you with a satchel of money, and a bottle of 1760 Chateau Lemon'Fleur you were more than happy to hear them out. So now, carrying only what you can hold in your day bag you hopped onto this wagon train passing yourself off as some sort of travelling salesman attempting to take your wares to the savages of the west. Your true goal, known only to your benefactors.

per infinitum's request here is his gravestone.

JimsonTheBetrayer fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 4, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:boom:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't feel quite as vindicated as I hoped, but god drat does it feel good to be right.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice avatar shitler

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

Nice avatar shitler

it was not my choice

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
idgi tho there is nothing in inf's flip about what his actual role is. Is he just some weird reverse miller?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

We're still in N2, right? The fact that the thread got unlocked threw me for a loop.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Day 3 ends 8:00pm Pacific Time 04/06/2016.(56 hours from this post).

The night was calm. No new dead bodies were found. The uninformed would believe that this means the death of Infinitum brought with it a sort of peace. Those skeptical few know that it is only the subtle allignment of late night machinations that brokered this peace. Let's just hope the following nights can be just as calm.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
or godfather I guess? so scum doesn't have an actual god father?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

We're still in N2, right? The fact that the thread got unlocked threw me for a loop.

we were but I was all about gloating for a second there

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I read it as scum whose not allowed in scumdoc. Also fun fact, I got a 2nd gun from hammering infini. I tried to blow out your brains last night kash and got roleblocked.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

I read it as scum whose not allowed in scumdoc. Also fun fact, I got a 2nd gun from hammering infini. I tried to blow out your brains last night kash and got roleblocked.

I trusted you.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your trust is well founded my friend.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You were gonna shoot me so clearly not

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only wanted to use your brain matter as finger paints, no hard feelings.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

What was the pre-existing condition that needed to be met before you could vig?

imgay posted:

I only wanted to use your brain matter as finger paints, no hard feelings.

That must be one small picture you're painting :iceburn:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, it was a 2nd gun I got from hammering infini. My other gun still not available

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hmmmmmmmmmmm imgay is scum I think

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why? I'm keeping it 100

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
how does your other gun become available?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I don't think MT is scum. The defense was so blatant and the overtime vote swing was equally blatant. I think scum wouldn't have tried that hard - too obvious.

Right now TNL is who I'm looking at. Can't help noticing that there were some wealthy backers behind infinitum...an odd coincidence! Plus, their filter is still empty of cases.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I don't think MT is scum. The defense was so blatant and the overtime vote swing was equally blatant. I think scum wouldn't have tried that hard - too obvious.

Right now TNL is who I'm looking at. Can't help noticing that there were some wealthy backers behind infinitum...an odd coincidence! Plus, their filter is still empty of cases.

I agree with both these reads.

oh so you could never actually shoot me.

• Locked thread