Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Jason Sextro posted:

G0RF you definitely have the best effort posts in this thread by a long mile, but it kind of looks like you're still holding out hope for some kind of redemption. I'm not sure there is going to be one, the only redemption I can see is in the possible form of a federal indictment (who knows if that'll be true, of course). None of the principal actors here have ever taken the more principled approach when they've had the chance.

I'm not really sure I'd say I'm holding out hope for CIG's redemption, though I can see how my post might read that way.

When I say stuff like we could have a positive impact towards constructive ends, that's really more about asserting an authoritative counter narrative and helping to change the discourse. We have seen this happen-- we've seen former deluded backers finally coming to terms with terrible truth of it all. Some come here and admit as much. Some cite Beer's ban, or some Derek post, or Chris Roberts reply to the Escapist as "The Turning Point". I've even seen a couple of people who cited Chris Roberts' obnoxious dismissals of the Star Marine "noise" as the moment they realized they didn't trust him anymore.

Those are the kind of outcomes I see as constructive. Some might seek chargebacks and if they're made whole as a result, that seems a public good, too.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Of course he loves you back. With all that beer he might even love crobber.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

G0RF posted:

I'm not really sure I'd say I'm holding out hope for CIG's redemption, though I can see how my post might read that way.

When I say stuff like we could have a positive impact towards constructive ends, that's really more about asserting an authoritative counter narrative and helping to change the discourse. We have seen this happen-- we've seen former deluded backers finally coming to terms with terrible truth of it all. Some come here and admit as much. Some cite Beer's ban, or some Derek post, or Chris Roberts reply to the Escapist as "The Turning Point". I've even seen a couple of people who cited Chris Roberts' obnoxious dismissals of the Star Marine "noise" as the moment they realized they didn't trust him anymore.

Those are the kind of outcomes I see as constructive. Some might seek chargebacks and if they're made whole as a result, that seems a public good, too.

Do I really believe Chris or Sandi might one day look in the mirror, having read some especially persuasive arguments about some of their own bad behavior? Do I expect THAT kind of redemptive turnaround?

I'll let Sandi's response to the Donutgate kerfluffle serve as my reply.

Is that comic sans?

To the left I mean

E: no it's not, but it looks like poo poo

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 4, 2016

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

cmdr_vinman posted:

Hi all I'm quite new the SA forums, having only been here for around 1 week.

I am really enjoying this forum having invested some cash into the false dream that is Star Citizen.

I am trying to crack the secret and while it is driving me crazy, I am having lots of fun doing so.

looking forward to Derek's next clue. Does anyone know when we are likely to hear what the 4th clue will be?

Hi spy :wave:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Is that comic sans?

To the left I mean

No but it's some kind of dumb comic book font. It seemed the right font choice to capture what the voice in her head sounds like...

Oh, your mean THEIR font choice? Yes, I think so. Actually that reminds me I need to use Comic Sans for my next RtV episode summary... Mine wasn't quite right.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 4, 2016

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

LastCaress posted:

The COMM-LINK SCHEDULE should be up by now, no?

yea.

Ravachol
Apr 4, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Mistake #1: Thinking that my crusade has anything to do with credibility

Mistake #2: Assuming that I give a poo poo what anyone thinks

Mistake #3: Thinking that I'm doing this for shits 'n giggles

Mistake #4: Thinking that I give a poo poo about one or two people feeling salty because they weren't in on the joke. That despite the fact that these are people posting on the likes of SA....and complaining about the quality of post content

#1 - Of course it doesn't, because you don't have any.

#2 - Well we all know that Derek.

#3 - Maybe you should re-evaluate that stance, it's much more fun on the other side.

#4 - People shouldn't be salty, it was a fun troll.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

LastCaress posted:

The COMM-LINK SCHEDULE should be up by now, no?

Heh, you're right. I forgot all about it. Couple hours later than usual. Lando isn't even trying anymore.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

This is one of the moments i'm happy to be a lazy schmuck.
I didn't put any effort in any of this, so I can sit back and laugh.

Even tho, it was kinda dick'ish.

I mean, it's a joke.

It's people's own fault for spending a lot of time on it.

Yes the star citizens are idiots but sometimes we can be idiots too. I thought the code was real, though I didn't try breaking it. Maybe that's what Derek was trying to show us. That we all just want something to believe in, goons and citizens both. That we're not so different after all.

-sniff-

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Lando is too caught-up writing his next contribution to the 8ace collective/scheduling his walkout with fellow leavers to make a dumb comm-link.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Truga posted:

Basically, most of the executive types in CIG are old pals of the Roberts family and are ex-Gizmondo executives.

Digital Anvil is the Croberts' studio that did *lancer. Gizmondo was used as a money laundry for the Uppsala mafia. Roberts is getting millions upon millions of supposedly exclusively gamer cash. A tall order, for an audience as fickle as gamers I'd say. Seems to be working as a cover story anyway though.

Then there's http://pastebin.com/DDeWufw2

of loving course

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

SerCypher posted:

I mean, it's a joke.

It's people's own fault for spending a lot of time on it.

Yes the star citizens are idiots but sometimes we can be idiots too. I thought the code was real, though I didn't try breaking it. Maybe that's what Derek was trying to show us. That we all just want something to believe in, goons and citizens both. That we're not so different after all.

-sniff-

Shut up Stan.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Guys I cracked the code. And I really hope both Chris and Derek go to jail over this.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Lando is too caught-up writing his next contribution to the 8ace collective/scheduling his walkout with fellow leavers to make a dumb comm-link.

But they have that new community manager guy!

Ravachol
Apr 4, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Heh, you're right. I forgot all about it. Couple hours later than usual. Lando isn't even trying anymore.

You mean he ever tried? He's a smug incompetent oaf and probably the worst community manager ever.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Daztek posted:

But they have that new community manager guy!

that guy is never not-stoned enough to organize the comm-link.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

smellmycheese posted:

ITT: People getting fed a load of bullshit and strung along by Derek Smart whilst laughing at people getting fed a load of bullshit and strung along by Chris Roberts

1º no one in this thread gave money to DS and was expecting a revelation in return

2º if you believed for a minute that DS was holding some information that could legally hurt him if spilled prematurely and would then bet that a legion of goons wouldn't be able to break his oh so clever hints you must be new to this

3º several people must have been sweating bullets these last couple of days and desperately trying to break the code for damage control. that is funny as hell.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Lladre posted:

Guys I cracked the code. And I really hope both Chris and Derek go to jail over this.

Best post

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Guys, if I could, I'd like to direct your attention to the quality of the posts in this thread.

You'll notice, as I mentioned in my blog earlier, that the quality of these posts has declined sharply.

If I could, I'd like to propose that we all do our best to make our posts better, so that everyone can be happy.

And maybe more Ryan Archer stuff.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
gently caress I tried googling "comic font" and now I'll have to wash my eyes with soap

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Screams eeeEEE posted:

of loving course

There's a reason why “there's always more; it's always worse” has become a mainstay in the thread, and why, at this point, you can suggest the most preposterous things that the CIG executives might be doing and have some of us go “yeah… maybe” without a hint of irony.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ryan Archer posted:

, if I could Guys, I'd like to direct your attention to the quality of the posts in this thread.

as I mentioned in my blog earlier, You'll notice, that the quality of these posts has sharply declined.

I could, if I'd like, propose that we all do our best to make our better posts, so that everyone can be happy.

And maybe more of my stuff.

Very good post

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

G0RF posted:

Do I really believe Chris or Sandi might one day look in the mirror, having read some especially persuasive arguments about some of their own bad behavior? Do I expect THAT kind of redemptive turnaround?

I'll let Sandi's response to the Donutgate kerfluffle serve as my reply.

Yeah I see what you mean now. From that angle, I can't say I disagree - although I wonder if the time for chargebacks has passed too (I don't know much about that kind of financial thing), since I'm not 100% sure they have any money left. Like (I think?) you said, if they were really desperate we'd see a lot more short-term sales, but I don't think CIG is even competent enough for that. But that doesn't really matter.

If something good can be salvaged from this beyond us laughing while 'Rome burns' then that's great.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

that guy is never not-stoned enough to organize the comm-link.

Well, it usually involves cut and pasting the previous week's schedule and perhaps changing a thing or two. Give them some slack.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

You're a complete tool*. So it makes perfect sense that you would think that; while ignoring the Star Citizen references in all my missives since I started referring to the collapse as on-going events amounting to an E.L.E

* and you don't appear to even have to put much work into it. so it must come naturally

:ughh:

You're a loving moron. Everyone in this thread knows that CIG is going to fail. You keep coming in here to tell us that we're wrong on things that don't matter (like Sandi's favorite number or that they're lower on money than 8Ace has been told) without any kind of evidence to back up your claims, and then tell us to wait.

You have no credibility. You're not even funny, and you run what little traction you get with your posts into the ground and then try to claim it was all part of your plan when it backfires.

So gently caress off back to your twitlonger and your July blog and your lovely game that nobody is ever going to buy unironically.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Variable 5 posted:

You're a loving moron. Everyone in this thread knows that CIG is going to fail. You keep coming in here to tell us that we're wrong on things that don't matter (like Sandi's favorite number or that they're lower on money than 8Ace has been told) without any kind of evidence to back up your claims, and then tell us to wait.

You have no credibility. You're not even funny, and you run what little traction you get with your posts into the ground and then try to claim it was all part of your plan when it backfires.

So gently caress off back to your twitlonger and your July blog and your lovely game that nobody is ever going to buy unironically.

yikes

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Variable 5 posted:

I found the E.L.E

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Did the mass walkout happen?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
reminder to all white noise retards itt that derek has given more to this thread and the fascinating incompetence-borne implosion that supports it than literally anyone else. please remember this when he posts something that irritates you, personally, and you think you should post about it like we give a gently caress.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Sandi's lucky number thing was pretty loving funny but not because it was intended to be.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Variable 5 posted:

lmao

derek is the E.L.E of this thread

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

Variable 5 posted:

sandi did you actually say all those mean things people said you did

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

reminder to all white noise retards itt that derek has given more to this thread and the fascinating incompetence-borne implosion that supports it than literally anyone else. please remember this when he posts something that irritates you, personally, and you think you should post about it like we give a gently caress.

The SC threads existed as prime comedy just fine without Derek

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Variable 5 posted:

nice meltdown idiot.

please stop posting.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Actually Derek self owning a few weeks back was hilarious and he successfully trolled the thread so his contribution to the thread in an absolute sense is actually pretty good.

E: lol whoops dogpile

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

You're boring. :nallears:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Kilmers Elbow posted:

New ship sale.

Introducing the TRITON.

It sequesters money from the surrounding wallets.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
So is this one of those Mondays where we get a nice 104TFTC so we can stop eating our own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

:lol:

• Locked thread