Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Hey look it is a mod filter, click here to get votecounts and stuff

Welcome to Holy Grail Mafia, a closed-setup game of Mafia for 24 players!

Mod Notes
  • First of all, a big thanks to Opopanax for reviewing this setup a long, long time ago.
  • THIS IS A FLAVOR HEAVY GAME. You should be aware of this as you play, and note that role names, PM flavor text, and kill flavors may play a role in this game.
  • Instead of being lynched, players will be thrown from the tall tower. Execution votes are majority and early hammers will be processed, please don't post after hammer.
  • To be clear: if you have the sentence "You have no special abilities, save for your power of persuasion" in your role PM, that's my way of saying that you have no night actions. I've also taken the liberty of explicitly stating your role in general Mafia terminology to minimize confusion for both you and for any rolecops in the game. Please note that this is a generic block of text that will appear in the ruleset of any Mafia game I run on Something Awful and should not be taken to confirm or deny the existence or nonexistence of any role including but not limited to rolecops and vanilla townies.
  • In general, roles are fairly standard; however, some may be slightly modified from the traditional role. If you're confused, it's definitely worth checking the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafiascum Wiki to see if your questions are answered there. In general, I have tried to be as clear as possible in role PM's, but if you have questions about your role, please PM me.
  • I'm going to try to aim for 48-hour days and 24-hour nights, but that may change as the game gets smaller.
  • Regular SA Forum Mafia rules apply to this game. Violations will be subject to immediate modkill. If you have any questions for me as a mod, please PM me rather than asking in thread as I will not respond publicly except to clarify unintentional ambiguities or explicit mod errors such as incorrect flips or incorrect resolution of night actions.
  • Active participation in forum mafia from all players makes for a more entertaining experience for everyone, and I will not hesitate to modkill players for inactivity. If you find that you're unable to keep up with the pace of the game or if something comes up that will affect your availability, please PM me so that I can look for replacements rather than detract from the game by extending the replacement process. I will prod inactive players via PM, but your warnings will be limited. If you would like to sign up as a replacement or if you would like to view the observer doc after the game has started, please PM me and I will take appropriate action. Please keep in mind that if you choose to spectate, you will be ineligible to replace into the game as the observer doc will have setup and player alignments visible.

Signups
1) Rarity
2) Your Personal Muse
3) King Burgundy
4) SirSamVimes
5) Khris Kruel HiipFire
6) Rascyc
7) Friction.123
8) gannyGrabber
9) Podima
10) White Noise Marine
11) Shadow0
12) Kashuno
13) TheDonPeters
14) Azuth0667
15) Jimson
16) Mayor Glowku
17) Tommunist
18) tpink
19) Infinitum
20) Propaganda Machine
21) Doctor Dogballs MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
22) CapitalistPig
23) Tremendous Taste
24) GulagDolls

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's just a flesh wound!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Make me the star

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sure.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

dibs on Black Knight

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

time fight some ke niggets

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SirSamVimes posted:

dibs on Black Knight

Ahem

Rarity posted:

It's just a flesh wound!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
is this the one with the yellow chickens that go kweh

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Sure, dibs on the shrubbery though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm a trashlord from the GBS thread, and will probably end up accidentally breaking a rule and getting modkilled, can I play?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

gannyGrabber posted:

I'm a trashlord from the GBS thread, and will probably end up accidentally breaking a rule and getting modkilled, can I play?

Welcome! Happy to have you here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

gannyGrabber posted:

Welcome to the big leagues, kid :clint:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gannyGrabber posted:

I swear to god if you do that backwards thing again though....

(This is a signup post!)

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Rascyc posted:

is this the one with the yellow chickens that go kweh

I gave serious thought to running a FFIX Mafia game at some point but never got around to actually writing the setup.

I mean...

Yes, of course it is!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Flying Leatherman posted:

I gave serious thought to running a FFIX Mafia game at some point but never got around to actually writing the setup.

I mean...

Yes, of course it is!

You're a good person.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

DOOOONNNNTTTT

smoke weed er'ry day :smokes a bowl:

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

I'm in

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Leatherman, I think this game might fill faster than you think. :shobon: KK just advertised it in the GBS game's thread!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

Leatherman, I think this game might fill faster than you think. :shobon: KK just advertised it in the GBS game's thread!

Trying to link filters by hand is a lot less fun than letting Votefinder do the hard work for me. I thought I could be lazy and wait till tomorrow :P

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 5, 2016

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

hope you guys like new players :sun:

better than SOME posters around here :colbert:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I have been unintentionally successful in the other game, I look forward to dying day 1 this time.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I will take up my sword on this most holy quest!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fine, dibs on Tim the Enchanter then.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
init2winit

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015
This humble lurker would like to take up this most holy quest

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I'm still a newbee and have no clue what is going on but, I would like in.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Azuth0667 posted:

I'm still a newbee and have no clue what is going on but, I would like in.

Time to make Camelot great again

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Khris Kruel posted:

Time to make Camelot great again

Let's make this castle great again!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Please all suck so I don't look bad

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

Your Personal Muse posted:

Please all suck so I don't look bad

This is my second post ever, and first game of mafia, so just looking bad will be a great result for me!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I am in. Count me in. As a person. Playing this game. Thanks

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

TheDonPeters posted:

This is my second post ever, and first game of mafia, so just looking bad will be a great result for me!

Hey Don, could I get an email to send your role PM to when the game starts?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

TheDonPeters posted:

I'm going to murder lynch you

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
If there's room I'm in!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
7 slots remain open my goodness that was fast.

If it fills before I go to bed I'll get role PM's out, otherwise I'll get them out early tomorrow (Eastern Time).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Glowku posted:

If there's room I'm in!

Ohhh poo poo the gbs game is a success

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

Your Personal Muse posted:

I'm going to murder lynch you

I look forward to it, Deus Vult!

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

hmm, still haven't purged all the anime avatars yet...

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
put me in captain kruel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Flying Leatherman posted:

Hey Don, could I get an email to send your role PM to when the game starts?

Clearly, I spoke too soon.

• Locked thread