Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Charles Get-Out posted:

Oh god yes, I'm really hoping that chris roberts takes this into stupid arenas i haven't even dreamed possible.

Why hire all of the people that laundered money for the swedish mob if you're not going to do it again??

The more terrible decisions he makes, the more entertaining the downfall is going to be. I hope he goes for broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Out of the 11 that I have got wind of, 3 thus far are gone as of 03/31. This won't be reflected on their LinkedIn profile until they update it themselves.

The mass exit is still happening. More soon.

Thanks for that, if another batch goes I'd appreciate you letting us know soon'ish afterwards, I realise it's tricky as you don't want to make it harder for them to move to a different employer.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

D_Smart posted:

OMG!! :vince:

:five: :five: :five:

I'm too scared to even put this in my social media feed. I need to ask my wife's permission :D :D :D

lol, I can't wait for the reddit comments saying you don't understand that this image is making fun of you

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tortolia posted:

In honor of 2946, a reminder that Full Burn exists in universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toxh4i3ZEqQ

No. No it does not. I refuse.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ravachol posted:

Shots fired.

I don't take anything Derek says seriously as he's proven time and time again he's prone to over hyped hyperbole. He sees his personal crusade in cosmic terms, and every detail of CIGs effluent contains hidden meaning for him, which he sloshes around in his cup to try to divinate their Truth.

Honestly, Derek is the perfect reflection of a Citizen. And that's why I don't pay him any mind. I've talked to ex CIG and they've told me that the people there are great, Chris micromanages and works too hard, and that Sandi is both a nice person and a difficult person to work with. Is CIG going to fail? Of course - they've reached saturation with their target market and have only recently realized that you have to deliver some good every once in a while to keep the whales on the hook.

Will SC get finished? Probably somewhat. Squadron 42 will, at least. And it will probably be fun, for what little of it there is, and totally full of bugs.

People forget that CR is a wealthy guy, and he'll probably bankrupt himself before he allows CIG to go bust... If that happens, I guess we'll have a double serving of schadenfreude

...said the new April 4th account.

Hi Sandi!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

No. No it does not. I refuse.

The script does not lie commando

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Chalks posted:

Tell us the babel room containing the names of the leavers.

https://libraryofbabel.info/bookmark.cgi?obefazotzqqlffdr.f,sezynjx400

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Xaerael posted:

quote:

Ravachol posted:

People forget that CR is a wealthy guy
By more than a few accounts, Before SC crobbles was destitute and living off the kindness of others thanks to him getting sued to oblivion and fined to high hell.

Yeah, that's the bullshit narrative they try to spread because it somehow softens the blow of the fact that he was flat broke, then backers gave him enough money to buy a bunch of things that he NEVER HAD before the KS.

ALL of which, btw is, easily proven, and all right there in the public record if you know where to look. That's what investigators are for. And we have all of it.

ps: be wary of new accounts (this one is from today btw) posting bullshit

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Daztek posted:

I'll be sadfeel grief if nobody figures this out

I thought I already did, but hit the wall at the quote. There is something after it, right?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

"Im Art Thief Ryan Archer and thats my favorite part of the whole Library of Babel."

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D_Smart posted:

ps: be wary of new accounts (this one is from today btw) posting bullshit
oh no not spais

hide all the secrets

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

iron buns posted:

I thought I already did, but hit the wall at the quote. There is something after it, right?

The answer lies in the video description

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
How much you wanna bet CIG hired out to some PR firm and sockpuppet accounts are their way of "viral marketing"

Be careful, though, lest we become like Reddit viewing every new account as Derek Smart's half-removed cousin

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
In honor of :justpost:ing I went to a seminar on additive manufacturing today and I'll talk about it a little bit since I know some of you are into 3D printing.

This seminar was on metal 3d printing and developing methods to determine strength and material properties. Basically very complex structures can be made, but they are weaker than cast materials and have direction dependent properties directly out of the machine. Produced items are stronger in the x and y directions than the z direction. Some methods of improving strength and removing the direction dependence were discussed. Improved materials still suffer from fatigue issues, due to voids/imperfections in the micro-structure. GE is currently pushing for better production and evaluation methods so they can get the FAA to let them print jet engine parts. There is apparently only one AM part certified by the FAA and it is essentially non-structural. I think it will be some time before AM parts are certified for commercial aircraft, but they will probably be in military applications before too long.

I hope you enjoyed this time/space waster.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

D1E posted:

It seems appropriate that one of the best threads in SA Forums history became one of the worst, almost overnight.

Goons ruin everything.

Wow this code thing really hurt you

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

The punchline is that the 8 remaining leavers are Chris Roberts, Sandi Gardiner, Disco Lando, Ortwin, and Ben.

:laffo:

EXEUNT Ben Lesnick, stage left and right

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Chalks posted:

Tell us the babel room containing the names of the leavers.

Wall 1, Shelf 3, Volume 12, page 264.

Tortolia posted:

The script does not lie commando

May I remind you that Chris has written it? Not a single punctuation mark will be true.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
The only reason this thread is great is because either Derek or Chris is going to be made to look like a complete idiot, and I don't think there's any middle ground to be had on either party. If CIG releases anything resembling a game, Derek Smart looks like a huge twatstain (though how much this differs from initial perception is up to debate). If Derek is right, Chris does instead, and Derek probably still is a twat.

That this battle of the titans of mediocre/lovely games is taking place here, in this stupid thread about a non-game on a game forum, is why Something Awful is awesome.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

AugmentedVision posted:

did anything happen

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Spudalicious posted:

The only reason this thread is great is because either Derek or Chris is going to be made to look like a complete idiot, and I don't think there's any middle ground to be had on either party. If CIG releases anything resembling a game, Derek Smart looks like a huge twatstain (though how much this differs from initial perception is up to debate). If Derek is right, Chris does instead, and Derek probably still is a twat.

That this battle of the titans of mediocre/lovely games is taking place here, in this stupid thread about a non-game on a game forum, is why Something Awful is awesome.

Lol if you don't think Crobblers already looks like a huge idiot.

Have you ever heard mr mushmouth try to talk about something ever?

Edit: Derek looking like a lying idiot would be entertaining, but I think unlikely at this point. He has been right in a general sense on everything so far. He's gotten some specific's wrong, but if it wasn't for him thousands of people wouldn't have seen the warning signs and gotten refunds. He's an rear end in a top hat, but there is a lot of truth behind that.

SerCypher fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 4, 2016

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I think one of my favorite things about this whole mess is somehow roberts' consumers have gotten it into their heads that this is about LoD vs. SC somehow and not about how much of complete failure roberts is at everything he does in life.

Duckaerobics posted:

In honor of :justpost:ing I went to a seminar on additive manufacturing today and I'll talk about it a little bit since I know some of you are into 3D printing.

This seminar was on metal 3d printing and developing methods to determine strength and material properties. Basically very complex structures can be made, but they are weaker than cast materials and have direction dependent properties directly out of the machine. Produced items are stronger in the x and y directions than the z direction. Some methods of improving strength and removing the direction dependence were discussed. Improved materials still suffer from fatigue issues, due to voids/imperfections in the micro-structure. GE is currently pushing for better production and evaluation methods so they can get the FAA to let them print jet engine parts. There is apparently only one AM part certified by the FAA and it is essentially non-structural. I think it will be some time before AM parts are certified for commercial aircraft, but they will probably be in military applications before too long.

I've actually always wondered about this thank you, anyone have any neat theories

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
CIG leavers leaked:

https://libraryofbabel.info/bookmark.cgi?bdsse

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I am thinking about ECS and how components might have dependencies on entities having other components. It feels like you need to strongly couple some component sub systems together and enforce entities having both components if they want to use the sub system. But then it implies that only one component can fulfill this dependency (that is, you can't have an entity have two of X-components, and choose which fulfills the dependency). I might be thinking about this wrong.

I know none of you care.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

gipskrampf posted:

:nsavince:

Who wrote the "Spergtastic strikes smartberg" column? It's a work of art.

In other news: I'm sick and should go the bed. You will have to reach page 3000AD without me. Paaarpspeed, commandos O7.

Thanks!

Also me. I did it.

Is it page 3000 yet?

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
summary

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

D_Smart posted:

Hi Sandi!

wow, the cracks are really showing if the true believers are at

quote:

Will SC get finished? Probably somewhat.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Ravachol posted:

Shots fired.

I don't take anything Derek says seriously as he's proven time and time again he's prone to over hyped hyperbole. He sees his personal crusade in cosmic terms, and every detail of CIGs effluent contains hidden meaning for him, which he sloshes around in his cup to try to divinate their Truth.

Honestly, Derek is the perfect reflection of a Citizen. And that's why I don't pay him any mind. I've talked to ex CIG and they've told me that the people there are great, Chris micromanages and works too hard, and that Sandi is both a nice person and a difficult person to work with. Is CIG going to fail? Of course - they've reached saturation with their target market and have only recently realized that you have to deliver some good every once in a while to keep the whales on the hook.

Will SC get finished? Probably somewhat. Squadron 42 will, at least. And it will probably be fun, for what little of it there is, and totally full of bugs.

People forget that CR is a wealthy guy, and he'll probably bankrupt himself before he allows CIG to go bust... If that happens, I guess we'll have a double serving of schadenfreude

How much is CIG paying you for this? This reads exactly like a service review planted by the provider of the service.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Duckaerobics posted:

why can't the parts just be heat treated to recrystallize the grains?

Ravachol
Apr 4, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Hi Sandi!

I dont think I'm Sandi, since last I checked I'm a mammal not a reptile.

As for my story, I was a whale who got whale like perks and is working through the unsettling realization that this is all about to fall apart. I'm just fortunate that what I stand to lose isn't that consequential for me. Others won't be. I should have headed for the door when CR threw his tantrum on the RSI site.

I came for the fallout, stayed for the shitposts.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Jason Sextro posted:

How much is CIG paying you for this? This reads exactly like a service review planted by the provider of the service.

Are people reading the same post I am? The only 2 blatantly inaccurate parts are SQ42 being fun and Chris being a "wealthy guy." The rest is pretty negative.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Ravachol posted:

As for my story, I was a whale who got whale like perks and is working through the unsettling realization that this is all about to fall apart. I'm just fortunate that what I stand to lose isn't that consequential for me. Others won't be. I should have headed for the door when CR threw his tantrum on the RSI site.

Don't willingly throw your money away, even if it's disposable income. You might still be able to swing a chargeback, and reinvest in a belt that looks fantastic.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Ravachol posted:

Don't lie. We know what you came for.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:sparkles:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Ravachol posted:

lol, this isn't the stock market buddy

how much are you in for/did you get anything refunded (and if so how much)

also hi

Ravachol
Apr 4, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Are people reading the same post I am? The only 2 blatantly inaccurate parts are SQ42 being fun and Chris being a "wealthy guy." The rest is pretty negative.

Dreams die hard. Space opera based on Heart of Darkness staring Gary Oldman is pretty much all I want from a game.

Oh well, there's always the vast and crushing solitude of Elite to fall back on.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

I feel silly not actually reading the video description the first time. Went right into the comments instead. :v:

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Ravachol posted:

Dreams die hard. Space opera based on Heart of Darkness staring Gary Oldman is pretty much all I want from a game.

Oh well, there's always the vast and crushing solitude of Elite to fall back on.

You can always buy later it if it comes out.

Just get a refund.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Ravachol posted:

The "disposable income" gambit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Ravachol posted:

Elite is taking the long, lonely road to more content. It doesn't make the bombastic claims of Star Citizen, because they'd rather make sure something is possible before promising it. I find it rather boring as well, but what's there is solid, and it's a good foundation. I suspect over the years it's going to get more and more interesting to newer demographic groups as it gets fleshed out.

• Locked thread