Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah until last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
Infinitum wasn't even a jailer? If he made it all up he must have said imgay because he thought there was only a scum kill. Still a very risky move.

The way he expected imgay to back him up means there could be a mason recruiter. Or maybe just a letter-carrier who can send messages.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kashuno posted:

Real defensive already? infinitum is definitely scum.

Kashuno posted:

infinitum is most assuredly scum. Imgay is a big babby rear end bitch. Would vote for either.

Why was Kash so certain Infinitum was scum ridiculously early on D1? Answer: because Kash already knew inf's alignment.

Jimson posted:

Scum Aligned Traitor Infinitum has been lynched.

Traitor
You are Scum Aligned but investigate as Town. You do not have Access to the scum doc, you do not know their names, but they know who you are.

##vote Kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
lol that's stupid as hell. That would mean literally from the very start of the game I was bussing a teammate because?????

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Revolver Anidav posted:

Infinitum wasn't even a jailer? If he made it all up he must have said imgay because he thought there was only a scum kill. Still a very risky move.

The way he expected imgay to back him up means there could be a mason recruiter. Or maybe just a letter-carrier who can send messages.

Disagree. When only one person died N1, I think it was a pretty good bet for Infinitum to say "yeah, I jailed you" because either imgay didn't do anything or he was roleblocked.

Also, Infinitum wouldn't have any info about the scum team - he wasn't in the scumdoc according to flip. The only way I see this working is with a letter writer and I'm not sold on that - it defeats the purpose of the traitor role if the traitor can be caught up on things every night.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

lol that's stupid as hell. That would mean literally from the very start of the game I was bussing a teammate because?????

Town fred

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Oops I meant town feed

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

loving phone I meant town bread

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

God drat it . . . I meant you'd do it for town bed kashu

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Agarayahahdhdjd.

You did it for town cred

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Murmur Twin clearly steps forward with alternative lynches both days. If this is too bold for scum, then scum would have followed right after. Who is the evil twin of Murmur Twin? I need to look into this.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MG3 posted:

Agarayahahdhdjd.

You did it for town cred

:golfclap:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
yes because I truly needed to worry about building town cred on the first page.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Kashuno posted:

Because you thought correctly picking out scum would buy you enough town cred to balance out the loss in numbers?

Kashuno posted:

Infinitum has been scum since there game started and I was sure of that before the night even started

Even though you were right, I still feel like the assuredness by which you knew he was scum was scummy itself. Can you explain the evolution of how you got from "game start" to "I am positive Infinitum is scum"? Like what things that Infinitum did gave you such a strong read that there wasn't a shadow of doubt in your mind?

My two main picks (having not taken the time to reread the game just yet) are Kash and TNL with a whole lot of other suspicious people in the mix.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He got self defensive almost immediately when the game started. Again, why would I be so focused on building town cred at the start of d1 by bussing a player that wouldn't provide good town cred for me when he died?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You did counterclaim a cop by saying you investigated a dead dude. So yeshz, ID believe u doing something retarded

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

You did counterclaim a cop by saying you investigated a dead dude. So yeshz, ID believe u doing something retarded

to be fair, I immediately went on mafia hiatus after that.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

imgay was the first to follow MT onto Jedit. Then Birdstrike, iajanus, BottleKnight, BHB, Infinitum, MG3, and me.

On D2, MT tried voting for me, then TNL instead of Infinitum, but no one followed.

I think scum wanted to try and save Infinitum on D1, but gave up on D2 lol.

##vote Kashuno

Kash didn't think his tunnel would reach all the way to the other side of the lynch. Next is imgay for D1 scumbro banter.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Revolver Anidav posted:

imgay was the first to follow MT onto Jedit. Then Birdstrike, iajanus, BottleKnight, BHB, Infinitum, MG3, and me.

On D2, MT tried voting for me, then TNL instead of Infinitum, but no one followed.

##vote Kashuno

Kash didn't think his tunnel would reach all the way to the other side of the lynch. Next is imgay for D1 scumbro banter.

This is really bad. So scum wanted to save Infinitum, so instead of voting any of the people who voted for Jedit D1 you vote for Kashuno, someone who ensured Infinitum get lynched???

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Revolver Anidav posted:

##vote Kashuno

What the actual gently caress is this? I was the person who STARTED the infinitum push, and when he didn't get lynched I pushed for it a second time in that overtime thing, and then AGAIN as soon as d2 started. I was the one who went up and down about the jailer claim d2, if "scum gave up on d2" is the case, then there's no loving way you believe I'm scum with that logic

##vote anidav

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Lol we can vote for imgay instead then, his vig claim might be fake too. I just thought it made sense now why you tunneled that hard. :shrug:

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Kash started the push but didn't expect Infinitum to keep pushing himself right off the cliff. No one likes a lemming traitor. Lemmings are even worse than beavers.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

also when I posted about kashuno bussing infinitum for town cred I was voicing a hypothetical. I don't think that kash is scum presently.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what motivation would i have to even make that up anidav?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'm going to ##vote TNL for now per my previous post, but iajanus's vote and subsequent unvote yesterday look pretty fake in retrospect. PM ambiguity seems like an easy way to take your vote off a dude who you know is scum. Plus, if you look back, there's almost no content in the filter. It's all super vanilla and innocuous, a lot of his opinions (like the initial read on Infinitum and vote justification on Jedit) are mirroring someone else's thoughts that had already been posted, or going along with bandwagons that were pretty clearly building up steam.

This post is super sketchy too. It's disguised as content generation behind a BHB town read and two ambiguous reads (Infinitum and Magnus Gallant). It's actually a pretty big theme - he doesn't ever really feel comfortable committing to the Infinitum lynch, only voting D1 because "a no lynch only helps scum" and providing a ton of ambiguous stuff and wishy-washiness on D2.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Flying Leatherman posted:

I'm going to ##vote TNL for now per my previous post, but iajanus's vote and subsequent unvote yesterday look pretty fake in retrospect. PM ambiguity seems like an easy way to take your vote off a dude who you know is scum. Plus, if you look back, there's almost no content in the filter. It's all super vanilla and innocuous, a lot of his opinions (like the initial read on Infinitum and vote justification on Jedit) are mirroring someone else's thoughts that had already been posted, or going along with bandwagons that were pretty clearly building up steam.

This post is super sketchy too. It's disguised as content generation behind a BHB town read and two ambiguous reads (Infinitum and Magnus Gallant). It's actually a pretty big theme - he doesn't ever really feel comfortable committing to the Infinitum lynch, only voting D1 because "a no lynch only helps scum" and providing a ton of ambiguous stuff and wishy-washiness on D2.

So basically I'd vote him too.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

imgay's role is not a standard town vig. Having to hammer a scumbro would be a fair price to pay before gaining an extra nightkill. Gaspy's Bruticus also gave scum an extra kill when they assembled together and dropped their other abilities.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Revolver Anidav posted:

imgay's role is not a standard town vig. Having to hammer a scumbro would be a fair price to pay before gaining an extra nightkill. Gaspy's Bruticus also gave scum an extra kill when they assembled together and dropped their other abilities.

Woah I could see that. I Need to reread imgay

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Because I didn't originally feel comfortable with the Inf lynch, which I said right upfront - I didn't initially feel like he was acting scummy, and then although his gaol claim seemed like it was pretty obviously broken on D2 I wanted someone to confirm my thought on how the role worked since I've already found I don't know how all the role messaging things work and I figured since it should be pretty simple to get someone to do so before we hammered prematurely.

Having reread his posts, I'm now pretty sure that MG3 is town. Although he did flip around a bit that was raising my curiosity earlier, I think he was more consistent as time developed on Inf, and either was doing a great job of bussing or was actually totally convinced early. I'm going with the latter. I'm settled on him, at this point.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never said I was a vig, but I did get one after the hammer on infini.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Revolver Anidav posted:

If this were the case, wouldn't there have been at least one kill last night? I mean, I buy a doctor protect on one dude, but two successful protects is a stretch.

Unless you think he's scum and also not lying about being roleblocked.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

I don't know what's going on with his role. I'm just trying to think of how he could have made it up or not. Kashuno jumping right on the traitor from D1 sounds too perfect if scum knew who he was. If Kashuno is scum, imgay sounds like scum with him. He threatened Kash but then said he changed his mind, and when he wasn't blocked he said he couldn't do it. Now he says he wanted to shoot Kash but was blocked. It just sounds fake somewhere, like Infinitum sounded fake.

Kash makes a big show D1 for town cred.

imgay makes a big show D1 of not being linked to Kash.

Whichever story we believe, we still get sold on their big song and dance. The only winning move is not to watch.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I agree imgay sounds really suspicious with how things are going.

On the other hand anidav you are posting dumb things sometimes so maybe you are scum

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Revolver Anidav posted:

I don't know what's going on with his role. I'm just trying to think of how he could have made it up or not. Kashuno jumping right on the traitor from D1 sounds too perfect if scum knew who he was. If Kashuno is scum, imgay sounds like scum with him. He threatened Kash but then said he changed his mind, and when he wasn't blocked he said he couldn't do it. Now he says he wanted to shoot Kash but was blocked. It just sounds fake somewhere, like Infinitum sounded fake.

Kash makes a big show D1 for town cred.

imgay makes a big show D1 of not being linked to Kash.

Whichever story we believe, we still get sold on their big song and dance. The only winning move is not to watch.

So why, if imgay was scum, would he not back Infinitum up on his claim D2? Keep in mind that in your scenario he would know Infinitum's the traitor.

There are too many holes in these theories for me.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
hello i am hungiver and v excited GAY FOX gets to kill people

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I think all the Kash and imgay analysis is 100% WIFOM and not worth pursuing without actual reads. I don't read either of them as scum atm so I'm not going to vote them.

I'm going to vote Birdstrike. Looking back at the D1 lynch, Bird looks as bad as anyone else, not putting down a real vote until the bandwagon shows up and Bird, Venom and Anidav all vote Infinitum at the same time. But then I noticed something. Birdstrike joke votes Kash at the beginning of D1, joining imgay's side. Then he says imgay should shoot kash. Then, during overtime, he actually votes kash and says he's leaning on kash for scum. This means he's turned an earlygame jokevote into a realvote without ever explaining it once. Then, D2 he votes imgay and says he'll remove the vote if he promises to shoot kash. So here on D3 when he posts this:

Birdstrike posted:

Why was Kash so certain Infinitum was scum ridiculously early on D1? Answer: because Kash already knew inf's alignment.

##vote Kashuno

It is the laziest, easiest case that doesn't require any reads or commitment to anything. It's literally a white noise case, as it's entirely predicated on WIFOM. If bird is right (which is probably not true since bird is scum) then awesome, if he's wrong then :shrug:

The tunneling is stupid but since nobody noticed it he's just continued to do it, and slowly morphed shitposting about kash into actually casing kash with any reason he thinks could stick. ##vote birdstrike

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I think all the Kash and imgay analysis is 100% WIFOM and not worth pursuing without actual reads. I don't read either of them as scum atm so I'm not going to vote them.

I'm going to vote Birdstrike. Looking back at the D1 lynch, Bird looks as bad as anyone else, not putting down a real vote until the bandwagon shows up and Bird, Venom and Anidav all vote Infinitum at the same time. But then I noticed something. Birdstrike joke votes Kash at the beginning of D1, joining imgay's side. Then he says imgay should shoot kash. Then, during overtime, he actually votes kash and says he's leaning on kash for scum. This means he's turned an earlygame jokevote into a realvote without ever explaining it once. Then, D2 he votes imgay and says he'll remove the vote if he promises to shoot kash. So here on D3 when he posts this:

It is the laziest, easiest case that doesn't require any reads or commitment to anything. It's literally a white noise case, as it's entirely predicated on WIFOM. If bird is right (which is probably not true since bird is scum) then awesome, if he's wrong then :shrug:

The tunneling is stupid but since nobody noticed it he's just continued to do it, and slowly morphed shitposting about kash into actually casing kash with any reason he thinks could stick. ##vote birdstrike

this is actually a nice case and I would vote BS

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

imgay posted:

Would be true , if u know, I wasn't a claimed town PR already

There is a case on imgay. It isn't just WIFOM. He is doing the same strategy as Kash trying to prove town cred right away from D1. Then they fight and whoever falls first proves the other one is town. One scum left standing.

So why, if imgay was scum, would he not back Infinitum up on his claim D2? Keep in mind that in your scenario he would know Infinitum's the traitor.

There are too many holes in these theories for me.

Infinitum was nearly lynched on D1 so it would make sense to not back him up too much. Proving his story wrong when he's not really a jailer would be even better for town cred than Kash tunneling to the other side of the earth. "Why would I do this as scum" is a classic defense I've seen in Auspol. It's been used by Beet and Bif and bowmore, and even posters that don't start with B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

BottleKnight posted:

I agree with this case - on a reread of Birdstrike it seems like all of his content is either jokevotes or cases that other people have made already ##vote Birdstrike

I still think TNL is highly suspicious. I'm also wondering where BHB went - I was suspicious of him early game but didn't want to hammer because he was at least scumhunting, but I feel like he hasn't had much to say recently. Obviously both of these two reads are contingent on what they have to say today.

I'm coming down on Kash a bit because the idea of him bussing that hard seems like a longshot. It's possible but I'm not sure I think it's probable. I also lean town on imgay - he could have corroborated Infinitum's jail claim if he wanted to and chose not to, and the fact that he's sharing information about getting vigs makes me think town for now.

• Locked thread