Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Lime Tonics posted:

Every time something happens on the ship, to the ship, etc, it updates the server and every client. Croberts thinks one day 1000 people will be on the same instance.

So yeah, the people who got out in time , like me, are the lucky ones. The whales gonna be beached.

So when Chris was talking about the complexity of the ships and the number of individual components on them in a past 10FTC, he was referring to each ship being composed of a number of flat XML files? And those files contain both the details and the state of each object and have to be synced in real time between the server and all the clients? And the server is ticking at 10-15 frames?

Have I got that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tippis posted:

That works as an excuse on the surface, but it becomes patently ridiculous if you think about it for two seconds. The net/ops teams would have (or should have) spotted that problem and done something about it the first time they saw the code for updating the client. Maaaaaybe the second, if they had been out partying heavily all night and were too coked up to see straight the first time. Blithering idiocy and drool-filled keyboards may have bought them a third and forth look before doing anything, but beyond that, they failed completely at their job and should no longer be on the project.

Blaming CryEngine is the laziest thing I've ever heard, because it is simply not how you do those things. The ship loads are not complex; they are trivial to represent; CryEngine just uses an overly complex storage system that makes it easy for modders and tools to manipulate those objects. Once the final product is done, that part is irrelevant.

There are a finite and fairly small number of objects. They have a finite and rather small number of slots for modifications. Each slot has a rather small and finite number of modifications and states. The vast majority of these are not relevant to any other client in the zone and can be just baked into a monolithic set of fixed stats that the local physics simulation need to predict movement between frames. It would be shocking and laughably unoptimised to see these objects take up 5 kilobytes, never mind the megabytes of data that these retards came up with.

It's not an entirely fair comparison, but consider this string: 27A7D6A5D8A8D5C2c1e1e1e2a2a252502020000040404044n050505370v0vv42i2f24.Iw18ZlA=.Aw18ZCMNaQ== — this is a full description, along with some basic settings for one of the more complex ships in Elite. Double the length of it, and you can cover pretty much the entire in-game state of that ship. That's all it takes, and that is all it should ever take. CIG should have realised this some time in January 2013 (and I'm being insanely generous with that time frame). Instead, here we are, 3½ years later, and they're saying that maybe they should be thinking about not doing memdumps of the hairball data structure the kludgey XML parter farted out and sending those over the line. What they've done with this is so indescribably stupid that I'm getting irrationally angry about it. Blaming it on anything other than their own complete and utter incapability of programming is indefensible.

This is a good post and directly relates to stuff that shitizens have been saying ever since 2.0 came out, namely: now that the engine is "done" and the frame work is all laid out, all they have to do is add (a shitload of) content. But it just isn't true. It seems like at the very least the engine requires MASSIVE work (the stuff mentioned by you, plus things like only 24 people per instance, plus the fact that the instance merging/managing system is likely completely non-existent since all they have now are completely separate instances, etc). And at "worst" they really need to start over from scratch.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

runsamok posted:

drat Dirty Ape posted:

There is nothing persistent in the persistent universe, but citizens are very excited about the possibility of CIG adding some persistence this year.
And maybe even some universe too!
Star Citizen: A Persistent Universe Temporary Planet & its Three Moons

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It will start with the former. People have alot saved up over all this time. They'll be worth pennies though.

There's currently no method of acquiring the former, so unless they implement one, it will entirely be the latter. The ones they've "saved up" have been through buying them with RL cash or them being included with packages purchased for RL cash.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Hey Lando, i know which account on here is yours, I sent you a PM. Ive got a question that i would seriously like given to Chris. For all the lovely questions he gets, i know you can slip one real one in.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

SomethingJones posted:

So when Chris was talking about the complexity of the ships and the number of individual components on them in a past 10FTC, he was referring to each ship being composed of a number of flat XML files? And those files contain both the details and the state of each object and have to be synced in real time between the server and all the clients? And the server is ticking at 10-15 frames?

Have I got that right?

Somehow he has the magic netcode to make it work. Just got to have faith.

I had to write a simple netcode thingy for school once, gently caress that. Netcode for mmorpgs is like 70~80% of the game, how some people make it work they are modern day wizards.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen : Procedurally Generated Failure.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ragequit posted:

Lol what in the world are you even saying. All I am getting at is you are a million times more invested in the outcome of this game compared to anyone else, and that most people honestly do not care. And because of that, the thread will not continue on for months after the company dissolves or whatever supposed catastrophic dinosaur-ending-event is supposed to hit.

If it wasn't an "E.L.E." and we actually had evidence of anything, I could see discussion continuing. It would be pretty interesting to see things slowly unravel. But some bombshell will make most say, "Okie dokie, guess that's it, see you later guys."

oh-ok. From your "The magnitude of cares for most people is still the same, which is the point." I get what you mean now.

But still, I don't think I'm the only one who cares this much though. Surely someone heavily invested in JPEGs cares a LOT more than me :D :D

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Guys I don't think Chris Roberts understands cloud storage.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

FrankieGoes posted:

There's currently no method of acquiring the former, so unless they implement one, it will entirely be the latter. The ones they've "saved up" have been through buying them with RL cash or them being included with packages purchased for RL cash.

well that's the "UEC", they also have "REC" that can be acquired through Arena Commander.

I'm basing this off of Lesnick responding to criticisms of the in-game car dealership by saying that it will only take in game currency, and then later mentioning that the currency won't correlate exactly to "real world prices".

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

FrankieGoes posted:

This is a good post and directly relates to stuff that shitizens have been saying ever since 2.0 came out, namely: now that the engine is "done" and the frame work is all laid out, all they have to do is add (a shitload of) content. But it just isn't true. It seems like at the very least the engine requires MASSIVE work (the stuff mentioned by you, plus things like only 24 people per instance, plus the fact that the instance merging/managing system is likely completely non-existent since all they have now are completely separate instances, etc). And at "worst" they really need to start over from scratch.

None of the shitizens even blink when Croberts farts out "massive back-end re-write":

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SomethingJones posted:

Guys I don't think Chris Roberts understands cloud storage.

No need to specify cloud storage.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Guy who believes China is world's new financial center is, shockingly, Star Citizen backer and Chris Roberts fan.

Despite this person's misgivings about Star Citizen they are not far off. Perhaps we should all take a look at China's economy.

GDP
China 19+ trillion
United States 17.4 Trillion

Growth Rate (Real)
China 6.8%
US 2.4%

Gross National Savings
China 47%
US 18%

Labor Force
China 804 million
US 154 million

Exports
China 2.27 Trillion
US 1.6 Trillion

Debt (external)
China 949 billion
US 17.62 trillion

Exactly how is he wrong? Keep in mind I teach economics for a living. They beat the U.S. in every category that matters. Hell even their inflation rate is healthier than ours.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Quavers posted:

Star Citizen: A Persistent Universe Temporary Planet & its Three Moons

It's more ephemeral than temporary, given that it's in maintenance mode so it'll be staying as-is for a while…

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Galarox posted:

On this day in History:

Massive thanks to Beetwagon who provided the wonderful text.

Also thanks to those other Goons who got back to me and offwered their writing services.

thread gold

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Whatever happened to that German auditor person???

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Loiosh posted:

There's not much the net/ops team can do about data structures that are bad. I posted about this earlier, but the problem is the way CryEngine serializes loads and how complex the ship objects are in Star Citizen. For a developer who is not delivering much, they sure are doing a ton on the back-end and part of that shows up on the network side when you see how complex the ship loads are. To fix it, they're moving to a much easier design where the server and client understand ship objects as a whole, then the delta (difference between standard ship and the player's current loadout) is sent. Right now, it sends the entire loadout every time.

Think of it like sending instructions for how to duplicate your car from the chassis up. Right now it sends: chassis, each destructible component of the structure, every thruster, all the system components (powerplant, avionics type, shield, engine, computer) and then sends their damage states.

The change is to have a seed series of standard objects stored on server and client, then only send the differences, which will make the loading much faster. But to do this, they have to account for the requirements of persistence, so they need to know how the persistence data will work. That's my understanding of what 2.4 will be. It will be the first usage of persistent data structures in the release build. So we'll get to see all kinds of weird bugs, I'm sure, like players loading without clothing or guns or ammo, or ships loading without any components, all kinds of mayhem.

No, they can't do that because it would break the server loading of assets that require textures.

The only way they can fix it, is to have the server stream in the assets and maintain a specialized server-side cache.

In fact, Chris explained (which I'm sure came from his engineers explaining it to him) the problem in this latest 104TC, but he botched it (the explanation) - as usual, and probably because he doesn't understand it enough to explain it adequately.

The issue is that the server, like the client, needs to load all those loving complex assets. And guess what, if the server is loading it - when each client logs on - it will cause lag spikes due to the server loading those assets, while still trying to serve data packets.

Remember, CryEngine has a very rudimentary networking kernel that was designed for games like Crysis and it's ilk which use a peer-to-peer style networking layer; though you can hack in a client-server approach if you wanted to.

The end result is that, there is no way under the Sun whereby they are going to build an MMO game out of the StarEngine. They are going to, at best, wrangle 16-24 players *per instance* out of it, and call it a day. Good luck getting NPCs in there, other than the scripted drones (see pirates).

So that much-touted Starfarer? hosed. All those Spergs who bought one, will be lucky to be flying around with 3 people, let alone the full screw complement.

I can't wait to read the part where they decide to either port to Unity5 or to Lumberyard, Amazon's version of CryEngine4. Not to mention CryEngine5 which is more advanced/modern than CryEngine4.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

MeLKoR posted:

If we are going to wait for Derek's predictions to come true before creating a new thread then we'll have a new thread in... two weeks?
Fair point. If the E.L.E. turns out to be a dud then a new OP is pretty much a certainty.

Derek Smart posted:

Two weeks.
I'd be sorry to see it come to that

Derek Smart posted:

It won't.
but there'd be little choice

Derek Smart posted:

Bookmark this page...
given that any future predictions would just

Derek Smart posted:

Let me loving finish!
be laughed at and endlessly mocked.

Derek Smart posted:

:bravo:
so please Derek, I really do hope this thing turns out to be all you've hyped it up to be. For everyone's sake.

Derek Smart posted:

and so it begins.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Darkpriest667 posted:

Exactly how is he wrong? Keep in mind I teach economics for a living. They beat the U.S. in every category that matters. Hell even their inflation rate is healthier than ours.

You teach economics and you don't understand how China is basically prolonging their inevitable financial collapse, and the subsequent social upheaval that will come from it.

:psyduck:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Darkpriest667 posted:

Despite this person's misgivings about Star Citizen they are not far off. Perhaps we should all take a look at China's economy.

GDP
China 19+ trillion
United States 17.4 Trillion

Growth Rate (Real)
China 6.8%
US 2.4%

Gross National Savings
China 47%
US 18%

Labor Force
China 804 million
US 154 million

Exports
China 2.27 Trillion
US 1.6 Trillion

Debt (external)
China 949 billion
US 17.62 trillion

He's wrong because the only info on China is put out by the Chinese and you can't take their word for it. China is the national version of CIG.

It's like when Mao demanded China produce the most steel out of any country in the world, so everyone melted down pots and pans and farming implements in their backyard. Technically they did produce the most steel in the world- except most of it was completely unusable. China is constructing entire ghost cities right now but you'd have to be willfully ignorant to think that constitutes progress.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Darkpriest667 posted:

i am an economist

Wrong thread

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
In response to people saying that Derek's code thing hyped us up for nothing, just like Chris Roberts, at least Derek didn't charge $15,000 for it.

Also a new theory I want to call is that Ben has some ridiculous salary.

It wouldn't come out until after this all collapses but when you see how they buy expensive cars, restaurant grade coffee machines, tens of thousands in airplane furniture and you hear stories of five figures in first class international flights and limited edition Porsche and mansions? Of course they would have nepotism like that.

Ben is Chris' biggest fanboy and he and his wife get jobs to literally do nothing and they both gain a million pounds directly afterwards? They are probably clearing like 10x the wage of some of the actual workers there. People with no willpower are being given enough money to eat unlimited amounts of whatever they want.

Like before he maybe couldn't eat pizza every five minutes and had to have a budget and couldn't get that disgusting but now he is pulling down like $14,000 a week and can eat literally anything and everything he wants whenever he wants.

I know people are speculating that it's the stress or the knowledge of what a scam this whole thing is that causing him to be unhealthy, but he is still a huge loving rear end in a top hat to everyone so I don't think there is any remorse or stress there.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
"we can't let china get ahead of us in space races"

Lmao, yeah, that matters soooooooooooooo much right now.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jesus loving Christmas.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ragequit posted:

99.99% of people care about this exponentially less than you. A vocal minority might have stake, but that's a tiny subset of people. How many is "Far too many"?

As for this thread, it will fizzle quickly for nearly everyone else after they get a jab post in or two. There have been some funny failings of other Steam games, Kickstarters, etc. on this form that are quickly forgotten for the next funny thing in line.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to followup screenshots of the most notorious shitizens' reactions post-collapse. I'm hoping a few enterprising goons will go so far as to track them spouting disbelief/frustration/rationalization on sites outside reddit or RSI. I also wanna see what happens to all of the principal figures of CIG, especially C-Robz, Sandi, Ben, Jared, and Ortwin. Not to mention other devs commenting on it, or how it affects crowdfunding as a whole.

The OUYA thread was still entertaining for a good while post-implosion for the same reasons.

E: I see I was soundly beaten to expressing this sentiment, because i didn't refresh and missed literally four full pages of posts. :psyduck:

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 5, 2016

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Hey toops I've got a couple of my old 3d models that I could fix up and donate to SP,

This fighter right here:

And this massive BC (normals are busted on this model and need to be fixed, that's why you see weird rear end shading in places.):

https://sketchfab.com/models/3b0ecf6c9ab649c187ff7c1f00b19a05

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

well that's the "UEC", they also have "REC" that can be acquired through Arena Commander.

I'm basing this off of Lesnick responding to criticisms of the in-game car dealership by saying that it will only take in game currency, and then later mentioning that the currency won't correlate exactly to "real world prices".
I think they're talking up the earnable credit possibilities but they made it clear that alpha UEC is going to buy you stuff that gets repeatedly wiped with successive updates of their choosing. But the stuff you buy with presumably cash purchased UEC will not be subject to those wipes because Persistence!

We will see how it all goes over once the champagne trays are flying around the ship showrooms...

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Chrome it out and it'd make a good Sperg fighter.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

the complete sparsity of patch notes since March fits pretty well with Derek claims of SC going into total maintenance mode.

I'm guessing any future clamoring about progress will be responded to with talks of the "massive back-end rewrite". Pipelines within pipelines.

That's PRECISELY what he has been preparing them for in the recent AtV appearance (first ever IIRC) and now this 104TC.

They CANNOT be making ANY major changes to the PU, while doing these changes he is talking about. If they do, they're back in "Star Marine" gently caress-up territory where swathes of code had to be dumped since it couldn't be merged effortlessly.

So yes, the current 2x is totally in maintenance mode and they're only going to make minimal fixes/tweaks which can easily be merged into the new ( v3.x?) stuff he claims they're working on.

Here is the kicker. They have 200 people worldwide building massive game. Only 4 (!!!!!) network engineers. Seriously, that should be a massive Red flag for a $111M project.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Here is the kicker. They have 200 people worldwide building massive game. Only 4 (!!!!!) network engineers. Seriously, that should be a massive Red flag for a $111M project.

i think you'll find this is completely normal, you must just not understand game development, and furthermore

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Tippis posted:

…and in doing so, the answer back to the coders is “we cannot make this diarrhoea pass through the network stack — make it stop.” Ok, it's a white lie — you actually mean “let” rather than ”make” but the effect is the same.

That's exactly why it is lazy. It's a known problem. It has a known solution. They simply chose not to fix it, and there is no excuse for that, only an explanation: laziness.

To be fair to the rank and file the problem could entirely be the cokehead in charge. I can't imagine trying to get anything productive done with a Genius Visionary hovering his well-sanded nostrils over my shoulder and telling me that my code should use the letter X more often to make it X-TREME.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The ele is switching to a new engine, bookmark this post.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tippis posted:

That works as an excuse on the surface, but it becomes patently ridiculous if you think about it for two seconds. The net/ops teams would have (or should have) spotted that problem and done something about it the first time they saw the code for updating the client. Maaaaaybe the second, if they had been out partying heavily all night and were too coked up to see straight the first time. Blithering idiocy and drool-filled keyboards may have bought them a third and forth look before doing anything, but beyond that, they failed completely at their job and should no longer be on the project.

Blaming CryEngine is the laziest thing I've ever heard, because it is simply not how you do those things. The ship loads are not complex; they are trivial to represent; CryEngine just uses an overly complex storage system that makes it easy for modders and tools to manipulate those objects. Once the final product is done, that part is irrelevant.

There are a finite and fairly small number of objects. They have a finite and rather small number of slots for modifications. Each slot has a rather small and finite number of modifications and states. The vast majority of these are not relevant to any other client in the zone and can be just baked into a monolithic set of fixed stats that the local physics simulation need to predict movement between frames. It would be shocking and laughably unoptimised to see these objects take up 5 kilobytes, never mind the megabytes of data that these retards came up with.

It's not an entirely fair comparison, but consider this string: 27A7D6A5D8A8D5C2c1e1e1e2a2a252502020000040404044n050505370v0vv42i2f24.Iw18ZlA=.Aw18ZCMNaQ== — this is a full description, along with some basic settings for one of the more complex ships in Elite. Double the length of it, and you can cover pretty much the entire in-game state of that ship. That's all it takes, and that is all it should ever take. CIG should have realised this some time in January 2013 (and I'm being insanely generous with that time frame). Instead, here we are, 3½ years later, and they're saying that maybe they should be thinking about not doing memdumps of the hairball data structure the kludgey XML parter farted out and sending those over the line. What they've done with this is so indescribably stupid that I'm getting irrationally angry about it. Blaming it on anything other than their own complete and utter incapability of programming is indefensible.

^this

same

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Bolow posted:

You teach economics and you don't understand how China is basically prolonging their inevitable financial collapse, and the subsequent social upheaval that will come from it.

:psyduck:

Financial collapse? They are the largest exporter in the world, they are in a recession RIGHT NOW and have a better growth rate than we do. How exactly are they doomed to financial collapse oh wise one?

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

Chrome it out and it'd make a good Sperg fighter.

The big ship is probably gonna fit in as "Smart" Class battlecruiser 3000 with a fancy name like "Let Me loving Finish"

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Justin Tyme posted:

He's wrong because the only info on China is put out by the Chinese and you can't take their word for it. China is the national version of CIG.

It's like when Mao demanded China produce the most steel out of any country in the world, so everyone melted down pots and pans and farming implements in their backyard. Technically they did produce the most steel in the world- except most of it was completely unusable. China is constructing entire ghost cities right now but you'd have to be willfully ignorant to think that constitutes progress.

The information is from the CIA factbook not the Chinese government. They report from a different source.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ch.html

Have you been to China in the past 5 years? I have and you can tell it's booming.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Fat Shat Sings posted:

In response to people saying that Derek's code thing hyped us up for nothing, just like Chris Roberts, at least Derek didn't charge $15,000 for it.

Also a new theory I want to call is that Ben has some ridiculous salary.

It wouldn't come out until after this all collapses but when you see how they buy expensive cars, restaurant grade coffee machines, tens of thousands in airplane furniture and you hear stories of five figures in first class international flights and limited edition Porsche and mansions? Of course they would have nepotism like that.

Ben is Chris' biggest fanboy and he and his wife get jobs to literally do nothing and they both gain a million pounds directly afterwards? They are probably clearing like 10x the wage of some of the actual workers there. People with no willpower are being given enough money to eat unlimited amounts of whatever they want.

Like before he maybe couldn't eat pizza every five minutes and had to have a budget and couldn't get that disgusting but now he is pulling down like $14,000 a week and can eat literally anything and everything he wants whenever he wants.

I know people are speculating that it's the stress or the knowledge of what a scam this whole thing is that causing him to be unhealthy, but he is still a huge loving rear end in a top hat to everyone so I don't think there is any remorse or stress there.
That's a crap theory-- and certain not to be true. They consider him lucky to be there, as does he, and he's paid an average salary at best and in priceless Wing Commander detritus Sandi has been dying to get out of the living room.

We're not making up stuff for the fun of it here. That's what RSI forums are for.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

D_Smart posted:

So that much-touted Starfarer? hosed. All those Spergs who bought one, will be lucky to be flying around with 3 people, let alone the full screw complement.

I'm sure there's going to be plenty of screwing and complimenting but has anybody everprofessed a burning desire to be 2nd under lieutenant shitbird sitting at the engineering screen or in the cargo bay while captain jackass does all the flying and has the actual fun? It's more likely that there will be 20 different Starfarers flying around with brain-dead NPC crew clipping out of the ship during hard turns.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

D_Smart posted:

^this

same

I said their netcode was crap 2 years ago and was not listened to. They knew about the problem at the end of 2013 and have done gently caress all about it. There is no way they can fix it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Wise Learned Man posted:

Personally, I'm really looking forward to followup screenshots of the most notorious shitizens' reactions post-collapse. I'm hoping a few enterprising goons will go so far as to track them spouting disbelief/frustration/rationalization on sites outside reddit or RSI. I also wanna see what happens to all of the principal figures of CIG, especially C-Robz, Sandi, Ben, Jared, and Ortwin. Not to mention other devs commenting on it, or how it affects crowdfunding as a whole.

The OUYA thread was still entertaining for a good while post-implosion for the same reasons.

E: I see I was soundly beaten to expressing this sentiment, because i didn't refresh and missed literally four full pages of posts. :psyduck:

Wasn't there a video game awhile back that made the Kinect take a picture of you the moment you were killed or your car crashed or something? Implement that post haste for the game client and then when this goes tits up make the client crash to desktop, display a rude message about the state of everything, and take a picture. It may even trump the Nightmare Fear Factory Flickr.

• Locked thread