Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

seizure later posted:

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't get why Thorgy is popular because all I see is white boy dreads on a Jinkx Monsoon

https://imgur.com/QSZHklr.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Flyinglemur posted:

Is this the week Acid Betty gets kicked off for violence supposedly?

I read that more as Acid Betty's violence was the reason he was reveling in her early departure, not the reason for the departure

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Flyinglemur posted:

Is this the week Acid Betty gets kicked off for violence supposedly?

I heard Acid Betty doesn't get disqualified but gets sent home after refusing to lip sync when she ends up in the bottom 2.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Millie posted:

I heard Acid Betty doesn't get disqualified but gets sent home after refusing to lip sync when she ends up in the bottom 2.

I did find it odd that Betty doesn't really show up in the Snatch Game promos I've seen. I can't recall an actual refusal to lip sync; I remember Yara Sofia (I think) breaking down during her last one but it was far more heartwarming since it felt like it was in part because she adored Alexis Mateo.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Tammy Brown. Though she may not have actually known where she was at the time

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

overseer07 posted:

Tammy Brown. Though she may not have actually known where she was at the time
I think Tammie had absolutely no interest in actual competition on a low rent first season 8 episode reality show for a network that nobody got at the time. Nah, she would have done that on every season eventually, Tammie don't give a fuuuuuck.

She did seem to genuinely try during All Stars, though. In her own way.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Someone told me that Betty is doing Nancy Grace for snatch game, so I guess she is at least doing something.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Watrick posted:

Someone told me that Betty is doing Nancy Grace for snatch game, so I guess she is at least doing something.

She is, and it looks terrible in the commercial for next week. I'm just basing that on the look, since the commercial didn't have any jokes.

Betty might be one of those queens like Milk who can't do a "normal" look well.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Watrick posted:

I saw a Nancy Grace in this week's trailer and was unsure who it was... I guess cause I couldn't believe Betty would do that :\ and no, she looked nothing like her (I only knew who the personality was due to the name tag). It was wrong. Hair, face, wrong. You know who could pull that one off? Pandora!!!

I <3 Acid Betty tho.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Snatch Game character selections may have leaked. I have no idea how reliable this source is, so it ain't gospel.

http://i.imgur.com/Q6klZcH.jpg

If this is so, I feel like Robbie and Betty are both in trouble. Swing and a miss, ladies.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

spite house posted:

Snatch Game character selections may have leaked.
I was gonna say something about Kim Chi being a non-performer choosing a non-performer to imitate being a smart move and then I remembered Pearl's Big Ang was astonishingly weird and delightful.

Nothing's gonna beat that one shot of Violet as Alyssa laughing, slamming her fist on the table and having a nail just arc gracefully through the air, though.

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy
That seems like a good pick for Derrick if that's right. Some of the others I don't get how they would work but someone always surprises me each season.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

flynt posted:

That seems like a good pick for Derrick if that's right.
Surprisingly so, right? I srs hope she turns it, else it's a missed goddamn opportunity.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

caligulamprey posted:

I was gonna say something about Kim Chi being a non-performer choosing a non-performer to imitate being a smart move and then I remembered Pearl's Big Ang was astonishingly weird and delightful.

Nothing's gonna beat that one shot of Violet as Alyssa laughing, slamming her fist on the table and having a nail just arc gracefully through the air, though.

I maintain Pearl should've won. Kennedy's impression was solid but it was two catchphrases over and over (although her answers to the questions were clever.)
Not sure where Ginger's win came from though.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

spite house posted:

If this is so, I feel like Robbie and Betty are both in trouble. Swing and a miss, ladies.

I'm not sure, Robbie could be on to something. I love the documentary of Diana Vreeland "The Eye Has to Travel" and throughout she has an exaggerated, affected manner of speaking that I think would lend itself to a great drag race character. It's all grand pronouncements, outlandish stories and turns of phrase combined with big gestures. I think there's a lot of material for Robbie to work with.

From what I remember of the preview, Betty's Nancy Grace looks like Greta Van Susteren.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
So, Bottom 2 spoilers from Reddit:

Acid Betty and Naomi Smalls

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Gia Gunn is on the Divas of Drag tour and is turning it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYoj6Sw_YFo

She also was recently interviewed on Hey Qween, and it's obvious she's come a long way. She's also in the process of going on hormones and exploring transitioning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ujFjg23hI

Also Acid has melted my heart and I really don't want her to goooo :sigh:

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
Cynthia Lee Fontaine is magical :allears:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Reddit trip reports are saying that Divas of Drag is Amazing. I've got VIP tickets, can't wait.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
I enjoy the guests on Hey Qween, but I find the host a bit grating. And he seems to drop the ball on asking good questions in the interview. They're always like the same questions everyone's asked a million times.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

dino. posted:

I enjoy the guests on Hey Qween, but I find the host a bit grating. And he seems to drop the ball on asking good questions in the interview. They're always like the same questions everyone's asked a million times.

I've been listening to his podcast Gayest of All Time (previously Gay Pimpin) for years. He used to be on Logo's The Big Gay Sketch Show. He's funnier when he's just kiki-ing with his friends, and talking about their drunken antics. Julie and Brandy from Bravo's The Vanderpump Rules After Show and The People's couch have been doing the show with him for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar53Mp4BJWc

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Nihonniboku posted:

I've been listening to his podcast Gayest of All Time (previously Gay Pimpin) for years. He used to be on Logo's The Big Gay Sketch Show. He's funnier when he's just kiki-ing with his friends, and talking about their drunken antics. Julie and Brandy from Bravo's The Vanderpump Rules After Show and The People's couch have been doing the show with him for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar53Mp4BJWc

Do you have a link to a thing where he's just relaxed, and not trying so hard to put on a character? I feel like I'd enjoy spending time with him, and the impression that I get from him on his show is that he's a genuinely sweet person.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

dino. posted:

Do you have a link to a thing where he's just relaxed, and not trying so hard to put on a character? I feel like I'd enjoy spending time with him, and the impression that I get from him on his show is that he's a genuinely sweet person.

Here's a link to his podcast. He used to do them weekly, but there are only episodes every month or two now. They get better the more you listen to them, as they talk a lot about their inner circle of friends without really taking the time to fill in new viewers.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gayest-all-time-jonny-mcgovern/id107195698?mt=2

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Please do Carol Channing please do Carol Channing...

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
The pretend challenge that Ru was telling them about would be amazing! I would kill for a show where queens have to drive around together finding roadkill and making evening gowns out of it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

criscodisco posted:

The pretend challenge that Ru was telling them about would be amazing! I would kill for a show where queens have to drive around together finding roadkill and making evening gowns out of it.

Better if they had to make evening gowns FOR it and have a roadkill pageant.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Lol after all the supposed drama surrounding Betty's elimination, that was about the most anticlimactic thing ever.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Given that Acid really brought it to every episode and killed it on the runway while Naomi lost the performance, was basic on the runway (in general as well as tonight), and instantly pulled off all her clothes, Acid going home was a mistake, pure and simple. :colbert:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
That was all pretty underwhelming, agreed. At least Bob killed the snatch game.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008

criscodisco posted:

Only if Ru had the best queen at it on as a quest judge. Katya and Cheryl

Legislacerator
Dec 26, 2006

1 W1LL H4V3 ORD3R 1N TH1S RUMPUSBLOCK!
That whole episode was painful. Shameful runway.

Flyinglemur posted:

At least Bob killed the snatch game.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Legislacerator posted:

Seriously, how do you make "Night of 1000 Madonnas" so boring?

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Legislacerator posted:

Yeah, I was surprised. For how much I like the cast it was a bad Snatch Game. I was expecting it to be off the hook, and it needed up being flat. Runway was bafflingly bad too.

Neat ideas throughout though. And Betty should have won that lip-sync.

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

Legislacerator posted:

I'm suprised no one made a "Bitch stole my look!" joke.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

"Walk into the room purse first!" is a weekly thing and I love it.
I especially love that it's Bob's clutch every time and this week it was Naomi sporting it.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Lol for all the rumors about Acid Betty, her Snatch Game was weak but her runway was a standout among what, four kimonos? Naomi should have gone home. Every goddamn week, bra + panties + tearaway accessory, and her Snatch was just as bad as Betty's.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I preferred Thorgy's performance in Snatch Game, and I'm agreeing with Michelle that Bob needs to be aware of showboating. :sigh:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I thought Thorgy's was kind of tired to be honest. like it was every Michael Jackson joke that has been told over and over and over again.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Bob was my everything.

Acid Betty was quite weak with a fairly easily imitatable character, but Naomi should've gone tonight. I assume she's going next week. A Derrick and Naomi LSFYL with Naomi going home. We're tightening into the home stretch, so look queens are starting to fall by the way side.

My guesses:

Next week: Naomi
4/18: Robbie
4/25: Derrick
5/2: Thorgy

Finale: Chi Chi, Bob, Kim Chi with Bob winning the crown. Kim Chi or Thorgy wins Miss Congeniality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

How was Chi Chi not in the top 3!?

How did they all wear kimonos? And only Kim nailed the makeup!? Thorgy did make a good go of it.

How did Robbie gently caress up Diana!?

How does Acid Betty not know how to loving do Nancy Grace!? You didn' t know how to make her funny? That's only the loving challenge!

HOW DID ROBBIE gently caress UP DIANA!? ARGH, I'M MAD! I really wanted a drag queen to bring her to life :(

Derrick surprised me. Hey, stick wit watcha know. Bob nailed it. Twice. God bless.

(If you want to watch "The Eye has to Travel" to see Diana Vreeland in all her glory, you can do so here.)

• Locked thread