Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
hey gang. double header tonight.

PART 1
as we all know, you can make a golem out of any inorganic or even organic material, and that naturally includes human bone. but what is the difference between a golem made of a human skeleton, and an animated skeletal warrior? the warrior has a scimitar and a buckler if it makes any difference.

PART 2
golemchat. post your favorite golems.

iron golem for loving life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
the golem of prague knows what's up

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

a skeleton is held together with cartilage and a bone golem is held together with magic

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
What about the triceratops that could shoot rocks from its horns in Herculoids, was that a golem?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Golem was a pokemon I had. I evolved him from Geodude.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

criscodisco posted:

What about the triceratops that could shoot rocks from its horns in Herculoids, was that a golem?

please do not disrespect the arcane arts, especially in regards to necromancy

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
blood golem is the best

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
what dark majicks would a human with a skelton made of blood wield

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
really like this golem :nws: http://i.imgur.com/SmoCxPt.jpg :nws:

ninety
Mar 13, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 4 years!)

A golem is given a limited set of instructions when it gets created that it carries out to the best of its ability and an animated skeleton is autonomous though bound to it's masters will. Hope this helps.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
rape

(bone golems rape; skeletons don't)

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
You can make a golem out of like any random bones you got they don't need to match or be from the same person or creature. You could make a bone golem out of like six human skeletons, a dog, and a whale if you want

Skeletons are just one thing's bones walking around and rattling there's no mix and match

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
A skeleton is shaped like an actual skeleton and is generally composed of a (near)complete individual person's remains, whereas a bone golem wouldn't necessarily retain the traditional skeletal appearance or be derived from an individual. Skeletons are Undead and are tied to Necromancy.

A bone golem might be a more traditionally golem-shaped entity composed of layered, compressex, melded, or melted bones, possibly an entire graveyard's worth. It would also not be considered Undead, but rather an automaton or artificial life, depending, and linked to Conjuration and/or Transfiguration.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
In spacestation 13 (the best game) you can make a golem out of just about anything. You can make a methamphetamine golem

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Cyanide golem is a real doozy

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
cum golem

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

A skeleton is shaped like an actual skeleton and is generally composed of a (near)complete individual person's remains, whereas a bone golem wouldn't necessarily retain the traditional skeletal appearance or be derived from an individual. Skeletons are Undead and are tied to Necromancy.

A bone golem might be a more traditionally golem-shaped entity composed of layered, compressex, melded, or melted bones, possibly an entire graveyard's worth. It would also not be considered Undead, but rather an automaton or artificial life, depending, and linked to Conjuration and/or Transfiguration.

This is what they taught us at law school too except that sometimes bone golems are undead also

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Says a lot about a your game when the chilliest bro wants to murder his own rear end.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

I played on the goon ss13 server. There were other ones where you could be a centaur and suck smaller things into your dick. Theres a screenshot i saw to switch between normal digestion and balls digestion.

Im sure these servers have cum golems

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Bone golems aren't necessarily made from the bones of the same skeleton and thus can take surprising shapes and forms. They also receive a golem's enhanced durability and responsive intelligence, which is a far more reliable asset to a warlock or necromancer than your basic skeletal or zombified minion.

HTH OP! :drac:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

time golem, best golem.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

:same:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Mud golem has hidden code that draws aggro better and also the attacks slow enemies OP

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
this is a pretty obvious question thats already been answered several times honestly OP why does this thread even exist do you want us to do your necromancy homework too? ever heard of loving google?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Undead skeletons are made with necromantic magics, bone golems are made with golem animating magicks and lack the unlife used to make a pile of bones get up and move around on its own. It's like comparing a puppet that looks like a zombie to an actual zombie.

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Bone golems aren't necessarily made from the bones of the same skeleton and thus can take surprising shapes and forms. They also receive a golem's enhanced durability and responsive intelligence, which is a far more reliable asset to a warlock or necromancer than your basic skeletal or zombified minion.

HTH OP! :drac:

False. Didn't you read Frankenstein? It's completely possible to infuse a mismatched set of parts with a mockery of life.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
You may as well ask the difference between the Mona Lisa and some trash lying on the street. If you don't know true artistry when you see it, I don't know what to tell you.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
OP tell me what you know about necroprophages?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Bone golems have more hit dice and require both more money and a higher character level to make.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Skellys 4 life bro

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Unguided posted:

False. Didn't you read Frankenstein? It's completely possible to infuse a mismatched set of parts with a mockery of life.

Wasn't Frankenstein's monster more like a flesh golem than an undead creature?

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
A bone golem can trash can an absolute metric gently caress ton of skeletons in a fair fight, the problem is that the skeletons are really easy to reanimate even if they just got punched to splinters. Once that golem is down, it's down for the count. Gonna take a whole ritual and half a week end to get it back in shape.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Page 1 of GIS is already too spooky

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Golems are strictly for Conjurers, Mages, gutsy Sorcerers and Wizards who specced weird. Necromancers just animate the dead and occasionally step on a Warlock's turf by summoning lesser demons.

A bone golem is just an off brand elemental

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Skeletons are super cool.

White Noise Marine posted:

Skellys 4 life bro

:respek:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

hey gang. double header tonight.

PART 1
as we all know, you can make a golem out of any inorganic or even organic material, and that naturally includes human bone. but what is the difference between a golem made of a human skeleton, and an animated skeletal warrior? the warrior has a scimitar and a buckler if it makes any difference.

PART 2
golemchat. post your favorite golems.

iron golem for loving life

An animated skeleton is usually limited to taking the arrangement the bones had in life, whereas a bone golem can be a shambling mass of bones thrown together in any configuration. I hope this helps, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

Skeletons are trash mobs and are generally less dangerous than the thing they were when they were alive, usually raised by evil clerics, whereas bone golems cost 40,000gp for an arcane caster to make and have DR5 and weird golem powers and magical immunities and a ton of hit points for their size, skeletons are seriously outclassed by golems, it's not even a fair comparison

p.s. not even high level evil clerics, "I took those gems and my part of the gold from last adventure and made a skeleton horse guys check him out, he obeys my dark will and I don't need to feed him" is like, an openly necromantic cleric's first crafting project after baby science fair stuff like "I made an unholy candle"

Companion Cube fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 5, 2016

• Locked thread