Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
last night had some good posting from atx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Who wants some of my fresh new cat pics?

This is a musical cat:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
This is a pink cat:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Here's a cat giving my dad a kiss:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Here's a cat stealing my milk! :argh:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

These are top quality cattes

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Here is my dog with a rice cake.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Dogstoyevsky posted:

:lol: @ anybody acting too cool for this thread or derek's troll, you post in a dead comedy forum from the 90s about a dying videogame that is fleecing money from nerds, please explain this to a normal person and they will try to have you committed involuntarily or give you swirlies until you die

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

FrankieGoes posted:

I like it. Have been planning on getting into ED for a while but decided I'd wait for VR (pgabz fault, I think), so I'm still a virgin.

ED in VR is indeed something to behold. The latest official release of the Oculus CV1 has seen the related SDK´s improve by leaps and bounds Elite´s VR perfomance in terms of smoothness and completely eliminating juddering, i.e. they key issues with throwing up. There are new issues like the glare effect (related to the lenses) and smearing but those are much much less critical in terms of performance. Also the DK2, my current kit, has none of those new issues so I am keeping it for a while :)

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Scene catte:

Smart catte:

Mexican catte:

These cattes fill me with a sense of unease:

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Guy who believes China is world's new financial center is, shockingly, Star Citizen backer and Chris Roberts fan.

nice

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

atxsperg posted:

thats mostly spergy horseshit. the chamfered geom isn't, they use geom for everything. normals maps are spoken of in soft whispers, if croberts hears that they are used the asset immediately gets put into the redo pile, its no longer up to standards. most of that is people trying to get work done that actually know what they are doing. the secret is to not let croberts know.
last i checked they had no lod's, if they have them now its being kept secret from the beast.
my biggest head bang on desk was when sandi and ben got shotgun accounts and started giving art feedback. that's when i decided to punch out and try not to look back... but like Lots wife here i am turning into salt.

:golfclap:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Dogstoyevsky posted:

:lol: @ anybody acting too cool for this thread or derek's troll, you post in a dead comedy forum from the 90s about a dying videogame that is fleecing money from nerds, please explain this to a normal person and they will try to have you committed involuntarily or give you swirlies until you die

I've done it. But it's only really funny to nerds. I never bring up how horridly fat Ben is though. That would be anti social.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

G0RF posted:

Now, just stop and think about all the other effort posts we've had over this and several prior threads that also had enormous potential energy like that. There have been a great many, with several authors-- and they remain lost, like shells dropped in wartime that never detonated. Those of us who saw it drop admire it as we pass, "That's a bigass bomb right there". But we keep walking and talking, knowing another will drop soon enough. And it probably won't pop, either.

This is a truly excellent way of putting it and summaries how I feel about this thread sometimes.

oRGy
May 8, 2014
Need to poach the intern reading the thread and make them OP for the new one, they for sure have everything indexed.

Also atxsperg, is it true that crobbers is really obsessed with Elite Dangerous? EightAce dropped that tantalising tidbit but no further info which is a shame

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Truga posted:

What are they going to do with it, lay claim to vast quantities of interplanetary vacuum? lmbo
one day you'll wake up and the man in the moon will look like Mao!

unless their sham of an economy collapses first haha

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Variable 5 posted:

:ughh:

You're a loving moron. Everyone in this thread knows that CIG is going to fail. You keep coming in here to tell us that we're wrong on things that don't matter (like Sandi's favorite number or that they're lower on money than 8Ace has been told) without any kind of evidence to back up your claims, and then tell us to wait.

You have no credibility. You're not even funny, and you run what little traction you get with your posts into the ground and then try to claim it was all part of your plan when it backfires.

So gently caress off back to your twitlonger and your July blog and your lovely game that nobody is ever going to buy unironically.

Speaking quite seriously here, you are either willfully dense or hate fun.

Or you don't understand forum comedy development.

gently caress off yourself, or post a picture of a cat or something?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Maybe croberts can sell the Star Citizen IP to the PRC before he escapes to an undisclosed location somewhere in central America

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

WizofOdds - I'm just happy I got Fooled :)

wow lol

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Galarox posted:

On this day in History:

Massive thanks to Beetwagon who provided the wonderful text.

Also thanks to those other Goons who got back to me and offwered their writing services.

Holy gently caress

This is incredible

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Guy who believes China is world's new financial center is, shockingly, Star Citizen backer and Chris Roberts fan.

Makes sense. They're both kept under control via heavy propaganda, janky as gently caress and terrible places to put your money into.

Bonus: Both also let you randomly fall through the floor. https://youtu.be/R_B1PkgA3kA

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 5, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

"HexDog posted:

Obviously you know something we don't, but CIG seems to be acting as if everything is normal and business as usual. I mean they're still hiring people and making mouse pads sized for literal whales. Chris Roberts doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who keeps real cool under fire, he can't even hold back from spontaneously adding features when asked questions by his fans. He would be panicking and making all kinds of changes imo if money was running out.

They're not. A jobs page is meaningless.

Derek I believe a lot of what you say and we're been able to confirm quite a bit of it in past, but you do tend to get a bit carried away sometimes on details. I appreciate the point that having 60 or whatever job openings listed is not the same thing as hiring people and that putting a stacked job page up doesn't cost anything, but by saying they are not hiring anyone you overreach.

CIG Facebook

quote:

Cloud Imperium Games added 2 new photos.
March 29 at 11:43pm

We have some new members joining us in the Cloud Imperium:
Name: Chad McKinney
Title: Gameplay Engineer

Name: Don Allen
Title: QA Tester

Now I understand that hiring to fill opening role positions and promoting from within are ways to save money and can even be supporting evidence of problems with cash flow, but it's still some people being hired. If part of your message/intention is to reach Citizens that are still deluded by the magic of dreams before it's too late, these small details are the life jackets giving them hope.

I'd guess something similar happened with Austin, you said they were closing the studio and in a sense they have, the studio has been gutted with top talent either leaving or moving to LA but it's still open, even if it's obvious it's now gone from the most important studio to a poorly fourth place afterthought, stacked with QA and server engineers.

AP fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 5, 2016

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

hakimashou posted:

how long were you in china?

4 weeks. It was for the opening of the Free Trade Zone in Shanghai in September of 2014. Obviously they had something to prove and I admit that there was a lot going on for show but when you look off of the massive highways during the drive between locations you can see what's going on.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Sounds like a long term unbiased study. The opening of the FTZ wouldn't be stage managed.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

D_Smart posted:

...said the new April 4th account.

Hi Sandi!

I would love this exchange to be in the montage of failures in the film about Star Citizen. Sandi reads the words, reels back from shock, blinks furiously, and then updates her IMDB some more to forget about things

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Stop you're killing me

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Duckaerobics posted:

In honor of :justpost:ing I went to a seminar on additive manufacturing today and I'll talk about it a little bit since I know some of you are into 3D printing.

This seminar was on metal 3d printing and developing methods to determine strength and material properties. Basically very complex structures can be made, but they are weaker than cast materials and have direction dependent properties directly out of the machine. Produced items are stronger in the x and y directions than the z direction. Some methods of improving strength and removing the direction dependence were discussed. Improved materials still suffer from fatigue issues, due to voids/imperfections in the micro-structure. GE is currently pushing for better production and evaluation methods so they can get the FAA to let them print jet engine parts. There is apparently only one AM part certified by the FAA and it is essentially non-structural. I think it will be some time before AM parts are certified for commercial aircraft, but they will probably be in military applications before too long.

I hope you enjoyed this time/space waster.

I certainly enjoyed it, this is cool stuff, keep it up

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

kikkelivelho posted:

Maybe croberts can sell the Star Citizen IP to the PRC before he escapes to an undisclosed location somewhere in central America

What IP? The names and looks of spaceships? There's nothing at all memorable in Star Citizen apart from the ships and sometime in 2014 I started forgetting the names, considering there are now 100+ of them.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

thanks to all of the people who made funny good posts

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

My bird helps me shitpost every day. Sometimes he even poops on the keyboard. That is how I post in GBS.

^ My favorite username on the site.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010
Furry headshot (with collar!)

quote:

Smart catte:
Furry icon from FA

quote:

Mexican catte:
Best

quote:

These cattes fill me with a sense of unease:

Baby Fur cattes, ABORT ABORT

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

i remember that animal song from the saints row soundtrack

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

i tried to explain how funny star citizen is to my grandma but i still couldnt convince her to get a chargeback

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Hmm, let's look for crows AND cats!

Noooooo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Cats are good

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
CATS! Let's get some cats.

Martial arts cats.

Screed Cat:

Steven Universe cat:

Suspenseful cattes:

Sequel cat:

MY EYES cat:

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

AP posted:

What IP? The names and looks of spaceships? There's nothing at all memorable in Star Citizen apart from the ships and sometime in 2014 I started forgetting the names, considering there are now 100+ of them.

Clearly you don't understand the strength of the Star Citizen brand. Multiple well known Hollywood actors and 2 world records. 111 million dollars in profit through microtransactions. A heroic story that promotes traditional values and patriotism. Just add Jackie Chan to the roster and move the game to the League of Legends engine. The Chinese are gonna love it. Market it as a growth opportunity.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Eonwe posted:

Cats are good

Hey Eonwe,

A new anime launched this week.
I think you might like this if you like one punch man.
Boku no Hero Academia

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Skellybones posted:

Wasn't Revival the MMO where you would have sex with other players to get buffs and stuff?

Yes, yes it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Atreiden posted:

Here is my dog with a rice cake.

owns

• Locked thread