Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its april fools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012
Is there a way to play Romance of the Three Kingdoms X on PC? (in English)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ryoji posted:

Dunno if it works, but http://kongming.net/10/english/

Alternatively the PS2 version emulates real well.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ryoji posted:

There sure is! PS2 Emulation is doing pretty good these days:
http://pcsx2.net/

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yay RoTK coming out over here, but the big question for me is: Is it a ruler-only game, or like 8 and 10 and you can do anything you want.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they're making a dynasty warriors strategy rpg
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/strategy-rpg-dynasty-warriors-eiketsuden-announced-ps4-ps3-ps-vita
for some godawful reason the protag is zhao yun tho

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who is Zhao Yun, other than 'character I never play'?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the biggest shu bore and the man who rescued liu bei's infant son before liu bei threw it on the ground

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah I know that guy

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Aw man, I wish they'd reboot Dynasty Tactics instead of making the silly Zhao Yun game.

Is there any info out on how ROTKXIII plays?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sakurazuka posted:

Who is Zhao Yun, other than 'character I never play'?

How does someome that play dw not know him

He kicks a horse

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can barely remember the the names of anyone not the five people I usually play.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Things Zhao Yun is: On the cover, pretty, good at carrying babies.

Things Zhao Yun is not: Interesting.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The GIG posted:

Things Zhao Yun is: On the cover, pretty, good at carrying babies.

Things Zhao Yun is not: Interesting.

Not a bad choice if he had zany party members to be with, but the gameplay description makes it sound like it's just a single unit versus many.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Zhao Yun has always been the poster boy for DW, tho, just like Yukimura is for Samurai Warriors

edit: it took me like two years to stop constantly confusing him with Zhou Yu

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Yukimura actually has a personality and an arc, from what I remember, though I may be getting him confused with his Sengoku Basara incarnation.

Mostly because capcom's idiot attempt at copyright fuckery aside, Sengoku Basara generally has better characterization for everyone.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Keeshhound posted:

Yukimura actually has a personality and an arc, from what I remember, though I may be getting him confused with his Sengoku Basara incarnation.

Mostly because capcom's idiot attempt at copyright fuckery aside, Sengoku Basara generally has better characterization for everyone.

Yeah, I like how extremely over the top Basara is. Also their interpretation of Magoichi and the Saika Mercenaries. Then again I have a soft spot for his ridiculous "lady's man" schtick in the DW series. Also gun user in a mostly melee centric cast.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Sakurazuka posted:

I can barely remember the the names of anyone not the five people I usually play.

Who are your five?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Wamdoodle posted:

Yeah, I like how extremely over the top Basara is. Also their interpretation of Magoichi and the Saika Mercenaries. Then again I have a soft spot for his ridiculous "lady's man" schtick in the DW series. Also gun user in a mostly melee centric cast.

Isn't Magaoichi a woman in Basara and a guy in Samurai Warriors?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Yes. While i appreciate Magoichi's moveset in the Basara games, i like DW's smug unsuccessful womanizer character for him more.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bloodly posted:

Who are your five?

Link, Agitha, Fi, Impa, Darunia

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Tae posted:

Isn't Magaoichi a woman in Basara and a guy in Samurai Warriors?

Correct. I believe the actual history is that name was used by various leaders of the Saika mercenaries. It was more a moniker rather than an actual name.

HenryEx posted:

Yes. While i appreciate Magoichi's moveset in the Basara games, i like DW's smug unsuccessful womanizer character for him more.

I like it both ways (heh) Handsome womanizing smuglord in SW :shlick: and hot babe wielding modern weaponry in Feudal Japan in Basara :fap:.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Link, Agitha, Fi, Impa, Darunia

What, no Linkle? :mad:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Is Linkle actually good I haven't gotten the 3DS version yet

Is skull kid good

is tingle good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Is Linkle actually good I haven't gotten the 3DS version yet

Is skull kid good

is tingle good

Linkle is goddamn amazing.

Skull Girl also goddamn amazing.

Tingle is.. okay?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I love Masamune Date's moveset in Samurai Warriors but the man wields 6 Katanas in Sengoku Basara. It's obvious what the superior moveset is.

Capcom pretty much killed all hope of that franchise coming to the US again, right?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Jimbot posted:

I love Masamune Date's moveset in Samurai Warriors but the man wields 6 Katanas in Sengoku Basara. It's obvious what the superior moveset is.

Capcom pretty much killed all hope of that franchise coming to the US again, right?

I believe so :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bloodly posted:

Who are your five?

Xiahou Dun, Guan Yu, Wang Yuanji, Shima Zhou and, uh, Sun Shangxiang

I still had to look most of those up.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

Skull Girl also goddamn amazing.

Wait what?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

The Warriors series returns to its roots for a fighting game crossover.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i wish there were a backstory in dynasty warriors 8 for why zhang liao shows up multiple times in every level he appears in as an enemy. maybe he mastered the mystic's cloning arts

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

DolphinCop posted:

i wish there were a backstory in dynasty warriors 8 for why zhang liao shows up multiple times in every level he appears in as an enemy. maybe he mastered the mystic's cloning arts

It was a thing he did in Romance of the Three Kingdoms of making a comeback despite having the smaller army.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No idea how it happened, weird replacement typo I guess.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edit: Ugh.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The best thing about SW Magoichi is how much Gracia annoys him.

Valley
May 4, 2009

How is the 3DS port of Hyrule Warriors? Is it worthwhile for people who never played the original?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Valley posted:

How is the 3DS port of Hyrule Warriors? Is it worthwhile for people who never played the original?

Pros:
Has all the base content + dlc content from the Wii U version, plus extra characters and story levels of its own
Adds the ability to switch between characters during a level and order characters to go to places (and throws more at you during those levels to make you use these features)
Does a couple things to make giant bosses less of a slog to fight
More reason to use the characters that were later additions to the Wii U version, since there are now levels that have rewards for them

Cons:
Don't buy it if you don't have a New 3DS, seriously it runs like rear end. And even if you do have a New 3DS, don't expect to play with the 3D on if you like having a decent framerate
Not as pretty as the Wii U version, obviously
They ruined Lana's summoning gate weapon, I liked riding around on Argorok goddammit :argh:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Evil Canadian posted:

Yay RoTK coming out over here, but the big question for me is: Is it a ruler-only game, or like 8 and 10 and you can do anything you want.

It's an officer game.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://imgur.com/a/SvH1b

scans of the new srpg

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Reminds me of the PSP DW/SW games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Policenaut posted:

It's an officer game.

Oh time to get hype then. Rotk 8 and 10 blow the other games in the franchise out of the water.