Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest candidate for first round exit?
This poll is closed.
Kentucky 3 3.80%
Duke 16 20.25%
Gonzaga, it's always Gonzaga 11 13.92%
Iowa 24 30.38%
Indiana 12 15.19%
Wofford, you loving idiot 13 16.46%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Kansas' team managers defeated Michigan State in the inaugural manager championships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
If the Tar Heels show up, they'll win in a cakewalk.

I hope they show up.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Someone mixes up Northeastern with Northwestern? Too bad Northeastern isn't any good either.

these fuckers

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Detroit fired Ray McCallum. They've been treading water his whole career except for one tournament berth, but I don't know who they'll get that's better or what their goal is. I guess they're sick of being overshadowed by Oakland.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
I hope Villnova wins, or OU and Buddy Heel he is pretty fun.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
Well, Nova and UNC. Ok. I actually like Nova, so go Nova I guess.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
gently caress this straight earth

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

elentar posted:

gently caress this straight earth

*gently caress this cis earth

Good luck to the UW Husky Women's basketball team in today's game to decide whether it's them or Syracuse that gets to be disemboweled by UConn in the championship game.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Roy Williams is such a piece of poo poo.

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009

elentar posted:

Nah.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

elentar posted:

Because he loving owns your team.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If this thread has become a place for Roy Williams defenders, then this is a sad state of affairs indeed.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Unless you are from Iowa or care deeply about the NCAA rule book he seems okay

E: although I do think the UNC case is worse than the typical NCAA violation in that it involved cheating kids out of the education that is ostensibly their only compensation for all the money they make the school (not that this doesn't happen to varying degrees at other schools too but it's still kinda lovely)

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 4, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If UNC manages to beat Villanova they will have earned this title in spades. Villanova is really really good. If UNC does it, I hope Roy retires* and then his hall of fame career comes to a satisfying end and then UNC gets the death penalty moving forward.

*oh god though, Doug Gottlieb will never stop telling radio shows "I told you so".

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

kiimo posted:

*oh god though, Doug Gottlieb will never stop telling radio shows "I told you so".

Roy's reaction to that gave me a kind of "he doth protest too much" kind of feel. Gottlieb may be totally wrong but something hit close to home for Roy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A lot of people feel like Roy won't retire because of the scandal and not wanting to leave them in that shape. I don't know, they may have a point.

Anyway, it will be difficult to make passes and get shots off tonight regardless.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan State women's player Aerial Powers is declaring for the draft. I'm mostly posting this as a reminder that there is a female baller named Aerial Powers.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Michigan State women's player Aerial Powers is declaring for the draft. I'm mostly posting this as a reminder that there is a female baller named Aerial Powers.
Would've been Air Force's perfect answer to Army's Trent Steelman and Navy's Wave Ryder.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008

kiimo posted:

If UNC manages to beat Villanova they will have earned this title in spades. Villanova is really really good. If UNC does it, I hope Roy retires* and then his hall of fame career comes to a satisfying end and then UNC gets the death penalty moving forward.

Just ignore him

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Bryce Drew to Vandy. Seems like a good fit.

Dammit, I wanted Drew.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

gvibes posted:

Bryce Drew to Vandy. Seems like a good fit.

Dammit, I wanted Drew.

For a sec I thought you meant the school he was already coaching at. drat black and gold V schools.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
When the NCAA finally does wrap up the UNC investigation, the haters are going to be mightily disappointed.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I'm heading to nrg now for the game. Does anyone know a good place to eat around here? I've only been to h town twice ever

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Ronnie Johnson to transfer from Houston, lol.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Cholmondeley posted:

When the NCAA finally does wrap up the UNC investigation, the haters are going to be mightily disappointed.

So you're saying they'll actually be punished in a meaningful way

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I thought it was terrible. Both teams played terribly and nobody deserved a trophy. Everyone ought to go straight home after that terrible performance.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/floridabuzztap/status/717343902945009664

just can't wait to go play in the d league!!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Oakland's magic dwarf Kay Felder has declared too. I'm guessing he'll be back in May

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't care if it's from a gator, it's champing at the bit.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Oakland's magic dwarf Kay Felder has declared too. I'm guessing he'll be back in May

I mean really though how much higher can his stock go? He's not gonna learn to be 6'2" with another year. If he doesn't care about college and just wants to go make money somewhere, even if it's not the NBA, it wouldn't be too hard to blame him for staying in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
New thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771133

• Locked thread