Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

DraconicImpulse posted:

It gets sillier than that. Super Hexagon has the bullet hell tag.

More like wall hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Pablo Gigante posted:

Is it randomly generated like Diablo or are the levels designed?

Static, as someone already noted, and the non-hub ones are small enough to knock off a couple in an hour if you like.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bruteman posted:

Reviews and the developers' FAQ for the game's Steam forum say the levels are handcrafted and not random.

Justin_Brett posted:

Static, as someone already noted, and the non-hub ones are small enough to knock off a couple in an hour if you like.

Cool sounds like I'll enjoy it thank you everyone.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Kragger99 posted:

To a degree yes, but all the in game videos I've seen for VR have a significant shaking. It would really ruin the experience for me I think. Meh, no biggie. Probably just me being nit picky.

I know a lot of the Giant Bomb crew has said a lot of stuff that looks strange on a 2d screen doesn't bother you as much when actually wearing the headset. They also said that the jerkiness of the camera isn't a problem as you are the one in control of it. I would assume the same holds somewhat true for the shaky hands.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ocarina of Time wannabe game comes out later this week: http://store.steampowered.com/app/338310/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_2

also there's this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/447170/

"Destiny's Princess" is a romance game love play with the famous Samurai can enjoy.

In the sense of urgency in a desperate situation and the aesthetic elements of Japanese style romance produces produces.
It is a love game love play with the famous Samurai can enjoy.

You're the one, princess of a certain country.
In response to the favor from the environment, it has been spent on easy street.

But now, in response to the invasion of demons variant,
Castle lady is forced to the brink Rakujo.

- Were risking their lives, it is ending of love -

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 5, 2016

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

"A certain X" is one of those stock phrases that often shows up in mediocre translations of Japanese media. Kinda wonder if it has a specific meaning that's omitted in the translation process, because it sounds fairly awkward in English.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

sauer kraut posted:

What a meh bundle :unsmith:
Maybe if it was Tropico 5 Complete in the 12$ tier instead of some busted rear end collection of old RTSes.

Yeah, giving away Tropico 5 probably makes the publisher more money than trying to sell it at $15 or whatever, because they plan for you to buy any of the DLC. I'm still waiting for the complete collection to go down in price.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

An OoT-style game on PC?

It's probably going to suck, isn't it? :smith:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Speaking of Homeworld, when are we getting Cataclysm remastered? :smith:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Looks more like a Wind Waker rip-off to me.

Harlock posted:

Never! :unsmigghh:

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
seats taken

Rufio fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 5, 2016

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

Apparently the source code of Cataclysm has been irretrievably lost.

Rufio posted:

Victor Vr4n

AQQ3H-J*DGN-0W3R8
Aaand yoink. Thank you, that's the one game from the bundle I wanted to try out.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Xander77 posted:

"A certain X" is one of those stock phrases that often shows up in mediocre translations of Japanese media. Kinda wonder if it has a specific meaning that's omitted in the translation process, because it sounds fairly awkward in English.

From what I can tell it says "A certain country" (とある国) in the Japanese description too. It's probably just one of those things where something flows normally in one language but sounds clunky in another, so you have to translate around a bit it to make it sound more natural.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

A certain je ne sais quoi

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm partial to the bad anime translation mainstay of "that ______".

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

this is my favorite japanese translation issue. it pops up a surprising amount of times in different stuff.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

Hover Junkers is a VR with tracked controllers ONLY multiplayer shooter

might as well just say "hover junkers will be dead on arrival"

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Awesome! posted:

might as well just say "hover junkers will be dead on arrival"

I have a feeling this VR poo poo is going to be a source of amazingly hilarious comedy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

monster on a stick posted:

It looks like 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, a Tell Tale-style game about the Iranian Revolution, is finally out.

Oh wow, this came out of nowhere for me and it looks really good. Pity to hear that there is no non-English with subtitles option as I think it would work better, but I'd want to play this just for exploring such a fascinating (and often overlooked) part of history. Is it a full game or is it going to be in chapters ala Tell-Tale's stuff?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Shima Honnou posted:

I have a feeling this VR poo poo is going to be a source of amazingly hilarious comedy.
launch day going well!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Shima Honnou posted:

Countdown until somebody straight up dies...

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Awesome! posted:

launch day going well!

To be fair, for launch day not that many headsets are actually out. They don't seem to have prepared very well, since orders are backlogged all the way through to May/June.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Oh wow, this came out of nowhere for me and it looks really good. Pity to hear that there is no non-English with subtitles option as I think it would work better, but I'd want to play this just for exploring such a fascinating (and often overlooked) part of history. Is it a full game or is it going to be in chapters ala Tell-Tale's stuff?

It seems to be released as the full game, there's no indication of any episodes, only chapters.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

To be fair, for launch day not that many headsets are actually out. They don't seem to have prepared very well, since orders are backlogged all the way through to May/June.
making a vr game right now has shocking similarities to making an ouya game

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I'd say it's more like making a Kinect game only without at least having the excuse of being paid by Microsoft to do it.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

The Steam discussion boards they do want to do Farsi. I'm surprised it didn't come out with it, considering their basically the vocal talent was basically "all the Iranian-American actors."

On episodes:

quote:

Black Friday is designed as a complete, stand alone experience (story-wise and content both!) - we have future installments in development that will get produced after our indie budget allows us to do that. The characters of 1979 Revolution have lots more stories to tell! (And we’ve designed the game so that the decisions you make playing Black Friday will carry on in the future)

So "episodic if successful" which I guess is better than "episodic but we ran out of funding welp."

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

What game is the splash image of a girl in a VR headset scanning an accordian-robodog supposed to be from? Is it just some stock VR image?

I wanna know more.

the more I look at it, the more I notice she has like four layers of shirts/jackets on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

monster on a stick posted:

So "episodic if successful" which I guess is better than "episodic but we ran out of funding welp."

Okay, at least they're not going to leave us hanging if the game doesn't sell well enough to justify making more.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

sauer kraut posted:

What a meh bundle :unsmith:
Maybe if it was Tropico 5 Complete in the 12$ tier instead of some busted rear end collection of old RTSes.

Tropico 5 is the same as 4 is the same as 3, but with updated graphics. Tropico 5 also doesn't have any big DLCs out so it's extremely bare bones. I wouldn't bother with it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vaping congressman Duncan Hunter is being questioned by the Federal Election Commission because he spend campaign money on Steam games and haven't paid back. He said it was his son using his card to buy stuff.

You can read the FEC's list of his spending. No specific game names, unfortunately. Want to see if he got Huniepop.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 6, 2016

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Should have waited for the Christmas sale.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

drat, dude must've really wanted those dead or alive 5 costume packs

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

ShadowMar posted:

drat, dude must've really wanted those dead or alive 5 costume packs
It's actually all Train Simulator DLC.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
What was $96.30? Edit: Oh wait, maybe that was more than 1 in the cart.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Jamfrost posted:

What was $96.30? Edit: Oh wait, maybe that was more than 1 in the cart.

could also have been CSGO/DOTA 2/TF2/etc items

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

ShadowMar posted:

could also have been CSGO/DOTA 2/TF2/etc items

If a child of mine took my card and used it for a hat, I would take away the video card. Onboard graphics only.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Red Mundus posted:

Is RIse of the Tomb Raider supposed to be this awful? The story is boring me to tears, the combat sucks more than usual, stealth is mid-2000's level of jank and I feel like all I'm doing is walking around collecting random poo poo.

This is a significant step back from the 1st game and it's jarring to say the least.

Agreed about the very weird and janky contextual stealth, disagreed about everything else!

Having loads of fun collecting stuff and getting voiced lore dumps from them and I like shooting arrows at stuff!
Also, the tombs are just great.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Can someone answer my question about Victor Vran please

Victor Vran has more in common with Gauntlet than Diablo, really.

The only connection to Diablo is it has a random loot system.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

edit: whoops double post

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Jamfrost posted:

If a child of mine took my card and used it for a hat, I would take away the video card. Onboard graphics only.

Harsh, yet fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Is D4 worth picking up?

• Locked thread