Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zokari posted:

It was fun but not as good as Cascade.

I don't really get why no one is talking about the ending!

You and me both.

It still feels like something bad is coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Zokari posted:

i don't think we've ended yet
like, i'm not expecting it, but i wouldn't be surprised if another flash followed this

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Zokari posted:

If act 7 goes full black and white, I will be impressed.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

AriadneThread posted:

i don't think we've ended yet
like, i'm not expecting it, but i wouldn't be surprised if another flash followed this

well unless he wants to recycle the joke from way back in act 4 of a fake curtain close, we're definitely done with act 6

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Meta jokes about acts and intermissions aside, I think Hussie's sticking to the number of flashes and pages he's laid out and is unlikely to pull any "this page has a bunch of sub-pages" shenanigans. Maybe the last flash will be multi-segment (maybe including actual flash if possible) but somehow the rest of Homestuck will fit into the page and animation limit he's said it does.

The ending is ominous probably because a lot of battles are actually still ongoing and there's a lot of fighting left, somehow. It's not going to be fun times dealing with Caliborn and Lord English.

I keep remembering things that were great. Casey and the skeleton army showing up!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's like all Dave ever does is break swords.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
I hope something comes out of the endgame ship of Clover Hearts/Stars/Horseshoes Karkat.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Bongo Bill posted:

It's like all Dave ever does is break swords.

It's important to note he actually managed to break his bro's katana this time.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Zokari posted:

There's really not much to be said. It's ominous, something is going to happen, it will have to do with one of the plot elements that didn't get covered in Collide.

Enourmo posted:

well unless he wants to recycle the joke from way back in act 4 of a fake curtain close, we're definitely done with act 6

I think we'll be seeing Intermission 3.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Lupus Rufus posted:

I hope something comes out of the endgame ship of Clover Hearts/Stars/Horseshoes Karkat.

It's about as developed as Davekat, so why not?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

...Am I the only one that noticed that John was dead at the end? Did I miss some explanation for why he would suddenly not have eyes in the last scene?

I mean, it's been a while since I read this stupid thing, maybe I forgot something.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
gently caress Toxx, gently caress everyone who bitched about Act 6, it was all worth it for this flash and I ain't even done it with yet holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

If there's anything I can read from the ending with the clock-like mechanism frozen is that time is kind of frozen at the end where they got happy over the victory cuz BOOM immediately after some poo poo's gonna happen

like calliope loving up the green sun which I kept thinking was going to happen in the flash but never did

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
That was fun. Karkat getting a tiny victory over Clover is kind of perfect.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Oh, and I think this is the first time we've seen Lord English in what passes as a sprite form. Pretty cool. Also the dancestors' sprite forms we only saw in shadow way back but who cares about them.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hey, is Roxy the new Handmaiden? Didn't Empress fishface become the next Haidmaiden by killing the first Handmaiden?

Is that how that poo poo works?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Somebody on Tumblr pointed out that Dirk's already had his once-only resurrect from Jane, so that's [e:] not going to help with his being bisected (again).

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 6, 2016

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Enourmo posted:

Would have been the perfect use of a Bowman cover of "Don't Stop Believing" behind the Alpha kids eating onion rings.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Even if it was long I kinda like the whole arcadey silly style transitioning into a surprisingly serious battle (with require guitar and piano)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

After Caliborn defeated Yaldabaoth, there was the chest containing the juju, and a just/heroic clock with a red Time icon freezing the pendulum exactly in the center. A neat symbol for immortality, and also a hint that despite its cleverness it is still inferior to the kind of immortality Davepetasprite^2 was just describing.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hey, is Roxy the new Handmaiden? Didn't Empress fishface become the next Haidmaiden by killing the first Handmaiden?

Is that how that poo poo works?

I don't think it's directly inherited, the Empress killed the Handmaid because they were enemies then submitted to serving Lord English because the universe was done for and she had no other way to survive.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dolash posted:

Meta jokes about acts and intermissions aside, I think Hussie's sticking to the number of flashes and pages he's laid out and is unlikely to pull any "this page has a bunch of sub-pages" shenanigans. Maybe the last flash will be multi-segment (maybe including actual flash if possible) but somehow the rest of Homestuck will fit into the page and animation limit he's said it does.

The ending is ominous probably because a lot of battles are actually still ongoing and there's a lot of fighting left, somehow. It's not going to be fun times dealing with Caliborn and Lord English.

I keep remembering things that were great. Casey and the skeleton army showing up!

You mean Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Some of the artists are talking about what they did on their journals.
Toastyhat (you may recognize the name from mambostuck) is here: http://toastyhat.tumblr.com/
Paperseverywhere (Adrienne Garcia) is here: http://paperseverywhere.tumblr.com/
Poinko is here: http://poinko.tumblr.com/

These are really fun to read

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Dave and Terezi combining their aspects to resurrect a Soul-Aspect of Dirk was tight as poo poo.

Are we spoilering this flash right now, or no?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Wait, is Jane dead? She got choked hard by the Condesce and wasn't celebrating her defeat at the end.

Also wanted to add the battle felt very Problem Sleuth Climax. While Problem Sleuth didn't have flashes, during the climax there was a lot of jumping around and seeing how every little thing came into play in rapid succession. Admittedly, Problem Sleuth seemed to do a better job of making every piece important and fit together in a clever way that left you chuckling and scratching your head, but a similar sort of chaotic Rube Goldberg machine feeling.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

CuddlyZombie posted:

These are really fun to read

I love Adrienne Garcia's sketches especially. The power of the gestures for both the Condesce and Lord English staggers me.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
A lot of great moments that add up to something a little bit less than the sum of it's parts, simply for how UNDONE it still feels.

I feel like wherever Hussie goes from here it will feel too sudden and unsupported, but maybe that's just because I'm in shock over how this is actually the beginning of the end.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Somebody on Tumblr pointed out that Dirk's already had his once-only resurrect from Jane, so that's [e:] not going to help with his being bisected (again).

When?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

PM loves Justice more than Bec loved Jade. That's powerful stuff. Parallel with Dave beheading Dirk: heroism as a willingness to do something you hate? Or a willingness to hurt someone you love in order to save them?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

according to toastyhat, that was a mind/time power - specifically using Mind to arrange Time into more favorable outcomes. its a mini-retcon and powerful as hell.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bongo Bill posted:

PM loves Justice more than Bec loved Jade. That's powerful stuff. Parallel with Dave beheading Dirk: heroism as a willingness to do something you hate? Or a willingness to hurt someone you love in order to save them?

Heroism is sacrifice, plain and simple. The only question is, who's?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Is Jane dead?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Collide is cool. I am also glad my long nightmare is almost over.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paranoid randroid posted:

according to toastyhat, that was a mind/time power - specifically using Mind to arrange Time into more favorable outcomes. its a mini-retcon and powerful as hell.

Who What Now posted:

Dave and Terezi combining their aspects to resurrect a Soul-Aspect of Dirk was tight as poo poo.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

New artist: Guzusuru did the compositing. http://guzusuru.tumblr.com/

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

quote:

Karkat and his friends and everyone they would ever meet thereafter would experience great misfortune on account of the curse unwittingly implemented through Sollux's esoteric MOBIUS DOUBLE REACHAROUND VIRUS.

so that's how he beat clover

sollux was useful after all

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
==> John: Do the Windy Thing

==> John: The Windy Thing Sucks, Moron

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Roxy getting revenge on the fish-witch who killed her mom twice and terrorized her bestie was fairly freaking satisfying too

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
that was a very good and very homestuck update, i am satisfied, and worried about what calliope is doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Oh, John's just going to retcon back to the start, and go "ok we did it, but I think we can do it better. In less frames." and start speed running the whole thing.