Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Just eat vegemite from the jar with your bare hands you loving animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
So close to being LANDO IS EIGHTACE :saddowns:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSZgkFtV-Ao

Feel like I lost 10 pounds after that.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCoI6CKFoHk

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Trapezium Dave posted:

Honest question as someone who has only been loosely following Star Citizen, why are people buying so many ships? I can understand the appeal of upgrading to shinier more expensive ships, but CIG is selling whole fleets. Surely you can only fly one ship at a time.

It's part of the cult that CIG has created. Some people treated them like beanie babies, assuming the artificial scarcity originally created translated into an increase in value. Others saw it as a way to get ahead while using the justification of supporting development. Others just wanted a literal collection.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/668932548999970816

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

atxsperg posted:

another fun one.
an employee who has personally run out a whole host of good people with his petulant attitude decided one day to rage quit. he drank himself stupid and wandered into the LA night.
a sigh of relief was heard across the cig land, the idiot man-child was gone. maybe work could finally be done? maybe the hemorrhaging of good employees would finally stop?
but alas chris ran him down and not only begged him to come back but gave him a promotion.

LOL!! I know who that is :smug:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

it isnt a fake-

It's an ARCHER

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

looks like the vive may be an exercise device! Rejoice

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
ACCIDENT AGE; CLOSES.
Too many industrial injuries in the mocap studios and/or when making coffees :(

CLOSES; CEASED ACTING.
No mroe mocap!! :saddowns:

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

CrazyTolradi posted:

Vegemite sandwiches are overated, but vegemite toast is amazing.

Gotta scrape that poo poo pube thin though

Molotov Cock Tale
Jun 30, 2010
CIG LOSES CAST! END ACE!

Parpman Gone?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG3NgDwjsE4&t=172s

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

those capybaras are so casual

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I have it on good authority that capybara are delicious

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
It's a sad day when I can catch up with the thread before leaving for work. That was some excellent poo poo-posting though. Beet Wagon, you are cool and your job is cool and your stories are cool.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

SelenicMartian posted:

Completely forgot to gif Chris...

lest we forget; this man has a stylist on hand to make him look this good

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

atxsperg posted:

there was a keg. lots of beer. lots of hard stuff. fans sent it.

I think its best if i keep vague about a great deal of things.

I will also say that even if some of the people at cig are not worth a poo poo many of them are truly brilliant and don't deserve this. I only hope that CIG doesn't taint resumes, and that future employers give them a chance to show their work and explain a bit (without complaining or being too bitter)

whatever the "game" is at this state, you have to admit that the art can look fantastic, the ships are really cool. there is quality stuff there, the explosions and particle effects, modelling and textures. its really nice stuff. its nice in spite of the people in charge and a testament to the tenacity of the underlings.

That's one of the key parts that irks me to no end. So many - many - talented people being wasted. But hey, it's a pay check. So there is that.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Octopuses have the consistency of "slightly firmer snot" and can squeeze themselves through really tiny holes. They can be really tricky to grab if they are feeling like they don't want to be. I'd imagine the worm just couldn't keep a hold of it.

(last marine bio post for a while, I swear)

It was a very short while!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS-USrwuUfA

That dude's got some awesome fidelity

I'm still waiting for the first octopus skin resolution display

E: better vid

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

D_Smart posted:

But hey, it's a pay check. So there is that.

It's sounding like CIG is resume poison too.

It's just a waste. That's the real tragedy here. The terrible, terrible waste of money and lives and talent.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
CLOSES: A CAT SECEDING!

Not the cattes :ohdear:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

atxsperg posted:

i hope mr smart has the honor of the post that ticks this poo poo over to 3000

I stayed up as long as I could. But alas, it wasn't to be. I did consider a rather dick move though. Close the thread at p2999. Then re-open it. poo poo post to 3000. Take the day off. :D :D :D

Roeben
Jul 23, 2013
The idea that CIG is "Resume Poison" is a bit ridiculous to be honest. No sane employer would value the result of a single project over the contents of someones portfolio.

There's some nice art, tech, models in star citizen, so I doubt that the people who had a hand in that are going to be shafted afterwards.

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost
I bring a catte from Eastern Europe (thread):

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Oh wow! Thank you for that. Good times :D

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
EightAce and atxsperg, if you're reading this...

How personally charismatic is Chris Roberts? Because we've now had reports from both yourselves and Derek that major figures have resigned or walked out, and then been talked into staying. Before Star Citizen the Crobbler had a decentish rep as a Hollywood fundraiser and we know he got those producer credits. So...how? How does he do it?

Is there another side to Chris, a smooth-talking charmer aspect that comes out when he's talking to people he really cares about? What's he like for all-hands company announcements, or does he get Ben/Erin to make those?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Neutron Bandit posted:

Derek Smart, you are a dangerous narcissist who, only through the grace of God (your very equal) has been kept away from the general population because you can harass people through the internet.

....and I am glad of it :smug:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

CLOSES: A CAT SECEDING!

Not the cattes :ohdear:

You're doing a really great job please keep up this great and funny schtick.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
This ELE is great, enjoying it you guys.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

atxsperg posted:

closer to truth than ya know.

poor austin, gutted and only still open to thumb a nose at derek.

Seeing as how the gig is up and funding is starting to flat-line, they will have no choice by to close it and cut costs.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
ACE GETS DEL'S COCAINS

:shrug:

Roeben
Jul 23, 2013
Hello.

This is my catte.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

ACE GETS DEL'S COCAINS

:shrug:

:eyepop:

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Everyones favorite citizen Lethality is playing Black Desert. Need to send a welcoming party.
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/65248-bdo-only-100k-concurrent-players/

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Toops posted:

Chris Roberts, Apple Genius Bar Employee

Chris Roberts, Chief Handwaver

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

CrazyTolradi posted:

Is there anything Derek has actually been wrong about? As in totally off? My impression is that his claims have been, if not spot on, at least somewhat near the mark.

Not that I know of. I try to obfuscate things a little in order to protect my sources. But when you're writing about a company that had access to $100M, bullshit lawsuits are a thing. Even if you have a $5M liability insurance policy.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

atxsperg posted:

I can say that he is right on some things for sure, others i just don't know.
I thought the swedish mafia stuff was pretty damned far-fetched but with all the other lunace i can't discount any rumor or speculation.

If i COULD say even half of what i have seen you would say i was making poo poo up. it's like the fever dream of a speed addict.

I never said they were currently involved with the Swedish mafia. But everything that I wrote about past involvement/connection by those folks now at RSI/CIG, is 100% factual. Or I won't have written it; since that's just a lawsuit (to shut me up, get back at me etc) waiting to happen. Since truth is a 100% defense against defamation, they're hosed. I did hear from several people that it caused quite a ruckus both here and in the US when it went live.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Since I learned crobbler basically gutted free radical in order to throw money at his disaster it got personal.

People talk about how SCs inevitable collapse will hurt crowdfunding but I hope it also hurts the game journos who are sitting on their hands after getting all preachy about their position as consumer watchdogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

atxsperg posted:

I can say that he is right on some things for sure, others i just don't know.
I thought the swedish mafia stuff was pretty damned far-fetched but with all the other lunace i can't discount any rumor or speculation.

If i COULD say even half of what i have seen you would say i was making poo poo up. it's like the fever dream of a speed addict.

I have told people the same thing. Some of the stuff I've heard - and which even The Escapist dared not commit to print - is just too surreal to be true. Somehow, some people simply can't even imagine that.

• Locked thread