Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The goth band (the hex girls) became recurring

But yeah Zombie Island and Witch's Ghost are both very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Klaus88 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvBnP9t0gTg

Mind you, BJ from wolfenstein beating up the Scooby gang would be just about perfect. :allears:

The craziest part of that is that it's heavily implied that the robots mowed someone the gently caress down. Because when you think Scooby-Doo, you think "coldblooded murder".

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the best scooby doo episode was the johnny bravo crossover

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

CuddlyZombie posted:

"THIS TIME THE MONSTERS ARE REAL"

Scooby Doo: Zombies, cat-people, and aliens are all more real than professional wrestling.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that gif of John Cena stopping a boulder was pivotal to my life

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

VolticSurge posted:

The craziest part of that is that it's heavily implied that the robots mowed someone the gently caress down. Because when you think Scooby-Doo, you think "coldblooded murder".

:rip: Hot Dog Water

Although alt universe HDW is in a heavily implied lesbian relationship with Velma.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The thing about the ending of Mystery Inc. was that not all the remnants of the corrupt Nibiru timeline were erased. Scooby and the Gang are still there and they bear his taint. Perhaps this is why mysteries still follow them wherever they go?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Applewhite posted:

Although alt universe HDW is in a heavily implied lesbian relationship with Velma.

I mean, that was implied previously by the temporary opening credits while Daphne wasn't on the team anyway

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Pakled posted:

I guess they just forgot about Ghoul School.

Or the Thir13en Ghosts of Scooby Doo.

Applewhite posted:

:rip: Hot Dog Water

Regular universe HDW was in a heavily implied lesbian relationship with Velma.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

So now that I'm all caught up, is there any rhyme or reason as to when new Gumball episodes air, or is it like other CN shows where they just kind of appear without warning or fanfare every few months and there is no schedule?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

CuddlyZombie posted:

So now that I'm all caught up, is there any rhyme or reason as to when new Gumball episodes air, or is it like other CN shows where they just kind of appear without warning or fanfare every few months and there is no schedule?

The second thing.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

raditts posted:

Or the Thir13en Ghosts of Scooby Doo.

Regular universe HDW was in a heavily implied lesbian relationship with Velma.

That's fair.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think Cartoon Network is going to be rebranding their Thursday premiere block this month and new episodes of Gumball are a part of that.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Applewhite posted:

The second thing.

Drat, but figures.

Waffleman_ posted:

I think Cartoon Network is going to be rebranding their Thursday premiere block this month and new episodes of Gumball are a part of that.

Woo!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

There is a rhyme and reason. No one outside of programming knows what it is however. Ostensibly, it's when they figure they can maximize ratings and eyeballs. In reality, it looks like it's a bit all over the place. That being said, they seem to tend to premiere new episodes for a few shows at a time so as to maintain a constant level of hype overall. The exception seems to be when they run out of episodes for all of their shows to make any significant burst of premieres or during a "holiday period" where they'll just marathon or prepare specials.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/cartoon-network-lied-us-uncle-grandpa-ending-production-138629.html

Looks like after CN split up Uncle Grandpa like they did SU, they decided to cancel production and just not exactly tell anyone. :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think a part of Cartoon Network's inconsistent scheduling so far is them realizing that the random weeks of premieres were giving them diminishing returns and they're just waiting for the production to get a good backlog. They're starting to have weekly new episodes again, though.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ThermoPhysical posted:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/cartoon-network-lied-us-uncle-grandpa-ending-production-138629.html

Looks like after CN split up Uncle Grandpa like they did SU, they decided to cancel production and just not exactly tell anyone. :v:

I saw that. Aww, I guess? I didn't really like UG.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The article says the show still has about a hundred unaired episodes, so it's going to still be running for a few years.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

ThermoPhysical posted:

That's too bad. Uncle Grandpa is the most cartoon-y cartoon out there right now. It can also be really clever when it wants to be.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

How was UG doing ratingswise? Actually, how is success and profitability for these shows even measured? Or is this info all internal and noone outside of CN really knows it anyways?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PBS Newshour posted:

Oh god, I have the vaguest memories of Zombie Island, that is the one where people suddenly start turning into werecat creatures right? I remember that one and the one with the Goth band.

I also remember the one where they visit Area 51 and Shaggy's girlfriend turns out to be an alien.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ThermoPhysical posted:

It's a huge dick move, but at least the crew knew of this for a month now and still produced all the episodes that were ordered, three seasons is pretty good, but wow that's an awful press release CN did.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

computer parts posted:

I also remember the one where they visit Area 51 and Shaggy's girlfriend turns out to be an alien.

Oh boy, that movie. :froggonk:

I love how the fake MP had a gun and yet just resorted to crushing them with a bulldozer, or maybe it was some other kind of forklift.

Lets not forget trespassing on Area 51 without getting ventilated.

Yeah animated scooby movies are terrible, usually.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

computer parts posted:

There was also the one where they got zapped into a computer simulation and had to beat an evil virus

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I'm always interested in what kind of humor translates across cultural boundaries, especially into Japan because I'm a horrible unwashed weeaboo. I ended up watching some Wander Over Yonder dub videos last night and it just seems really manic compared to what I imagine they're used to. Does anybody have any insight to that sort of stuff?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Japan loving loves physical humor, with like props and absurd situations and costumes and such.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The cornerstones of Japanese humor are puns, slapstick, and people reacting to funny things.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

achillesforever6 posted:

There was also the one where they got zapped into a computer simulation and had to beat an evil virus

They made a Gameboy game out of that one, I had it for a while.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I love the movies. One of the recent ones had the best cartoon opening I've seen in a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfPCYsE_Xaw

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That episode had Powerpuff Girls twerking. What a strange time we live in.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The Girls reversing makes it.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

axleblaze posted:

That episode had Powerpuff Girls twerking. What a strange time we live in.

It was a good episode aside from that and it makes me have confidence in the new series overall, but JESUS CHRIST. I feel like that crossed a line I was not prepared for.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I dunno, without the context of the full scene, it probably ranks up with the crap the og series pulled (stuff like "My Dad says I was an accident" and all of 'Him's screentime).

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

ConanThe3rd posted:

I dunno, without the context of the full scene, it probably ranks up with the crap the og series pulled (stuff like "My Dad says I was an accident" and all of 'Him's screentime).

Yeah I suppose it's not any worse than all the jokes about MASCUMAX's MANHOOD in the old series, objectively speaking. But it's hard to be objective, and speaking subjectively, I was totally weirded out. :stare:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Is talking dog in the new PPG?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I haven't seen him yet, but I have seen Mitch (in a preview of an unaired episode), Ms. Keane, and, funnily enough, the Accident girl whose name i forget.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

CuddlyZombie posted:

The latter, but I think every episode in this season has been leaked in HD anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Megaspel posted:

The latter, but I think every episode in this season has been leaked in HD anyway.

I know the episode TITLES were leaked, but I didn't know the episodes themselves were. Is this you're sure of?