Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

The White Dragon posted:

I thought KH3 did get a named teaser trailer though? Back in like 2007. And then they realized they could just milk the hell out of side-games instead of actually finishing the series.

No I was shocked to learn it hadn't had one either. The first time they announced "Kingdom Hearts 3 is even in development" was E3 2013 when they unveiled FFXV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

corn in the bible posted:

thats because kh2 ends with a teaser for a sequel

And that sequel was a prequel and was released in 2010 and was titled Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Saint Freak posted:

There are people that like X though.
There is a person who likes 12. It's me, I'm the guy who sucks :shobon:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I love 12 to bits and respect the poo poo out of what it was trying to do, and even think it mostly succeeded, although I also acknowledge it has honking great flaws (most of which I lay at the feet of the interfering executives who hounded Yasumi Matsuno to the point where he had a breakdown and left the project and haunted the game as an optional superboss with 52 overlapping health bars).

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Thirding the 12 love.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I've written basically essays on FFXII and how underappreciated it is. So 4thing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Instant Grat posted:

And that sequel was a prequel and was released in 2010 and was titled Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

i was trying to explain why people have been waiting for a kh3 since 2 came out, you dingus

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

At this point, I am pretty happy with direction that FF, KH, and the rest of SE is heading overall. I was not able to say that a couple of years ago and I am glad that I can sincerely say it now. That opinion is subject to change if I dislike XV and KH3 but I doubt that will be the case.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

i was trying to explain why people have been waiting for a kh3 since 2 came out, you dingus

That doesn't really explain it because you went "there is a sequel tease" and that wasn't true. It was a tease for a game that not only came out but has been remastered since it came out. Nobody is still waiting for BBS.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I still love FFXII almost in spite of itself.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I like 12... but I love izjs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

That doesn't really explain it because you went "there is a sequel tease" and that wasn't true. It was a tease for a game that not only came out but has been remastered since it came out. Nobody is still waiting for BBS.

People played kh2 and saw the teaser and thought kh3 was around the corner. Then every kh since has ended with another teaser for a later game. So people have been waiting for a kh3 for a long time. Do you get it?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

People could not see into the future and know that the movie at the end of kh2 was for a prequel

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

II/IIFM's secret movie always screamed prequel to me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's not like prequels can't be sequels.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

People played kh2 and saw the teaser and thought kh3 was around the corner. Then every kh since has ended with another teaser for a later game. So people have been waiting for a kh3 for a long time. Do you get it?

We have gotten a lot of Kingdom Hearts games between Kingdom Hearts 2 and now.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
what's Kingdom Hearts?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TommyGun85 posted:

what's Kingdom Hearts?

Light!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fedule posted:

I love 12 to bits and respect the poo poo out of what it was trying to do, and even think it mostly succeeded, although I also acknowledge it has honking great flaws (most of which I lay at the feet of the interfering executives who hounded Yasumi Matsuno to the point where he had a breakdown and left the project and haunted the game as an optional superboss with 52 overlapping health bars).

Is there more info about this?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Tae posted:

It's not like prequels can't be sequels.

That doesn't change that the game that was teased still came out.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TommyGun85 posted:

what's Kingdom Hearts?

technically it is a sequel to every final fantasy

i can't wait for lightning to kick sora's rear end in 3

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

"Square Enix has clarified the episodic structure of its Final Fantasy 7 Remake, stating it will be comprised of multiple, full-sized games instead of a series of smaller episodes."

I will enjoy playing the complete experience when I am 40 years old

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Lightning doesn't have time for Sora's bullshit, she'll burn the KH mythos to the ground.

voltcatfish posted:

"Square Enix has clarified the episodic structure of its Final Fantasy 7 Remake, stating it will be comprised of multiple, full-sized games instead of a series of smaller episodes."

You joke but I'll be 40 in 8 years and I doubt it will all be done by then :smith:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fedule posted:

Agreeing with this. It's got some really obvious flaws but the game has some really great things going for it. Ivalice is an awesome game world.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

I can smell a Xenosaga brewing...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Eh, just because some attempts at episodic RPGs didn't pan out doesn't mean they're all doomed. Falcom's been working it well for 14 years now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Motto posted:

Eh, just because some attempts at episodic RPGs didn't pan out doesn't mean they're all doomed. Falcom's been working it well for 14 years now.

Also considering they brought in the CyberConnect 2 guys in to help, you know, the guys who now have two Episodic-Full Game RPG series under there belts? I would think they've got a good shot.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Either the plot structure is going to be warped beyond all recognition, or people's predictions/hopes that Midgar will be greatly expanded have to come true. There's no way the first continent as it was in original FFVII fits the bill for a full-fledged game all on its own.I would be happy to have more time spent with AVALANCHE doing more bombings as some have suggested, maybe learn more about Biggs, Wedge and Jessie. Maybe even see some of the other Slums.

I'm optimistic for FFVIIR. I'd love something new, something different, but not too much of either ya know?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A lot's going to be expanded just by nature of translating boxes of polygons gesturing and spawning text for a few seconds into voiced, choreographed cutscenes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
"As some may recall, the story of Final Fantasy XIII was spread out across three separate, complete games. What this means is that each Final Fantasy VII Remake “episode” will be on par with a Final Fantasy XIII game in terms of content."

Full of confidence in this one.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 6, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

same

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

voltcatfish posted:

Final Fantasy 13 came out in 2009 and the 3rd game came out in 2013, so only 4 years. Unless something goes wrong in production, and assuming Ep 1 comes out 2017, we should have all 3 games by 2022 at the latest.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can't wait to play Advent Children the Game spread out over six $70 "episodes" and two decades.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i am excited for tri-ace's cloud returns

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

i am excited for tri-ace's cloud returns
If they keep to the Valkryie Profile profile, it will have to be about Aeris fighting Jenova in the life stream to prevent the end of the world.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Glad to see that after saying they will only make FF7 Remake once FF7 has been topped, they're copying the model of the only game all fans can agree on as the best Final Fantasy.

Thanks again, Lightning.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Glad to see that after saying they will only make FF7 Remake once FF7 has been topped, they're copying the model of the only game all fans can agree on as the best Final Fantasy.

Thanks again, Lightning.

They are replicating the entire trilogy which means LR is only 1/3 of what they're copying.

And I have reasons to suspect a lot of people don't agree that any of the XIII games are the best of anything.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Thanks again, Lightning.

Haha you think FF fans can agree on something.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All true FF fans love Lightning a lot. Some may say we love her too much, but I say that's impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Solice Kirsk posted:

I can't wait to play Advent Children the Game spread out over six $70 "episodes" and two decades.

This but unironically. Advent Children had no plot to speak of, but it looked cool. FFVII already has a good plot, so if they can make it look cool and play like a competent action game, I see no problems here, assuming there's enough content in each game to justify the price.