Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Your Personal Muse posted:

It is very important which is why people revealing it over my stupid claim wouldn't be beneficial. Like I didn't want the real scientist guy claiming

You've been lieing to us the whole time! Trying to get Tremendous Taste killed because of some stupid whatever it is the two of you have.

Rarity posted:

I'm right in thinking you and Taste were bitter enemies back in the day, right?

We still are, I hate him and he's the worst and I will murder him

Here is your role fishing you horribly smelling incompetent puppetmaster:

Ok so I am Sir Vladimir and I had to do a bunch of crazy things when the game started with the Mod and I managed to get lucky. I can go into it if you want but I found out TT is scum and guilty and a liar and not a very good person.

You're trying to back that person anime into a corner in an effort to get it to claim its role. Evidence provided now its time to help YPM take the first step out the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Ehhhhh it was weird but it generated content. I think you need to get on a different train azuth.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Not voting for YPM based on what I've seen so far. Bandwagons are fun and all but this one seems to be particularly unsupported. :nyd:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Azuth0667 posted:

You've been lieing to us the whole time! Trying to get Tremendous Taste killed because of some stupid whatever it is the two of you have.

Here is your role fishing you horribly smelling incompetent puppetmaster:

You're trying to back that person anime into a corner in an effort to get it to claim its role. Evidence provided now its time to help YPM take the first step out the window.

He already claimed vanilla town at that point, and the whole reason I chose TT other than my blinding hatred was I knew he would know I was making poo poo up

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Azuth0667 posted:

Praise him for he will lead us to the true anti-table people.

This is incorrect. He is an incompetent bad poster that failed at role fishing and failed at defending himself. He also smells and has pigs attracted to him so the sooner he goes out the window the sooner this place airs out.

:smugdon:Make this table great again vote for YPM:smugdon:.

If you cannot see why this person is scum i don't even know.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

If you cannot see why this person is scum i don't even know.

I can't

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

He already claimed vanilla town at that point, and the whole reason I chose TT other than my blinding hatred was I knew he would know I was making poo poo up

So your ultimate defense is the puppetmaster defense. People only do that when they've been caught and everything else has not worked :colbert:.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Yeah because its super townie to push this hard on a bandwagon with no real basis and when questioned to provide actual examples and real casework he does this crap.

Sure.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah because its super townie to push this hard on a bandwagon with no real basis and when questioned to provide actual examples and real casework he does this crap.

Sure.

What is real casework? Am I supposed to literally go over to YPMs house and watch for when he opens pms?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
tunneling != scum

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

What is real casework? Am I supposed to literally go over to YPMs house and watch for when he opens pms?

Cause that's a little more FYAD than gibbis.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

White Noise Marine posted:

Mafia is serious business guys, please don't have the wrong kind of fun.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Azuth0667 posted:

I am sorry you joined a mafia game and don't understand its most fundamental aspects.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

I am sorry you joined a mafia game and don't understand its most fundamental aspects.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

INGREDIENTS
3 1/2 ounces granulated sugar (1/2 cup; 100g)
1 teaspoon (4g) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon (3g) baking soda
1/2 teaspoon (2g) Diamond Crystal kosher salt; for table salt, use half as much by volume or use the same weight
1 ounce unsalted butter (2 tablespoons; 30g), melted
1/4 ounce vanilla extract (1 1/2 teaspoons; 7ml)
3 large egg yolks, preferably free-range for color
4 ounces plain, unsweetened nonfat Greek yogurt (1/2 cup; 110g), room temperature
6 1/2 ounces low-protein, all-purpose flour (shy 1 1/4 cup; 185g), such as Gold Medal, plus more for dusting
Refined coconut oil, enough to reach a 2” depth; about 32 ounces (1L) in an 8” pot
4 ounces powdered sugar (1 cup; 115g)

DIRECTIONS

1.Making and Shaping the Dough: Combine granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, then stir in melted butter, vanilla, egg yolks, and Greek yogurt. When well combined, sift in flour and stir to form a soft dough, no more than 30 seconds. Turn onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until easy to handle. Dusting with as much flour as needed, roll to 3/8 inch thick. Brush off excess flour with a damp pastry brush and cut into 1 3/4–inch rounds. Arrange upside down on a paper towel–lined baking sheet, then brush away excess flour. Gather scraps, briefly knead, and repeat as before.

2.Forming the Hole: With a damp fingertip, press an indentation into the center of each doughnut, then flip the doughnuts and repeat. Take one doughnut in both hands and use a finger to gently pull open a hole in the center. (The paper-thin centers will give way at the slightest touch.) Smooth the ragged edges if you like and repeat with the remaining doughnuts.

3.Preparing the Oil: Melt refined coconut oil in a microwave, then pour into a roughly 8- to 10-inch stainless steel pot to a depth of at least 2 inches. (This gives cake doughnuts room to sink, allowing them to fry more quickly and absorb less oil.) Clip on digital thermometer and warm to 365°F over medium heat. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with 3 layers of paper towels and have the powdered sugar ready in a fine-mesh sieve.

4.Frying the Doughnuts: When oil reaches 365°F, practice maintaining that temperature for a few minutes before beginning to fry. Once you're comfortable with the controls, slip a test doughnut into the hot oil and fry until pale gold, turning frequently with tongs to ensure even color, about 60 seconds. Transfer to a paper towel–lined baking sheet, then sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. Taste to see how you like the results, adding or subtracting a few seconds if needed to perfect subsequent batches. Fry remaining doughnuts, up to 6 or 7 at a time, and enjoy warm with powdered sugar. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 36 hours at room temperature (these are best dunked in milk or coffee).

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm pretty sure that day 1 is literally complete horseshit. Lynch someone, see who dies at night, and use real evidence to track down the remaining baddies.

Rascyc posted:

INGREDIENTS
1/2 teaspoon (2g) Diamond Crystal kosher salt; for table salt, use half as much by volume or use the same weight
4 ounces plain, unsweetened nonfat Greek yogurt (1/2 cup; 110g), room temperature
6 1/2 ounces low-protein, all-purpose flour (shy 1 1/4 cup; 185g), such as Gold Medal, plus more for dusting
Refined coconut oil, enough to reach a 2” depth; about 32 ounces (1L) in an 8” pot

DIRECTIONS

1.Making and Shaping the Dough: Combine granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, then stir in melted butter, vanilla, egg yolks, and Greek yogurt. When well combined, sift in flour and stir to form a soft dough, no more than 30 seconds. Turn onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until easy to handle. Dusting with as much flour as needed, roll to 3/8 inch thick. Brush off excess flour with a damp pastry brush and cut into 1 3/4–inch rounds. Arrange upside down on a paper towel–lined baking sheet, then brush away excess flour. Gather scraps, briefly knead, and repeat as before.

2.Forming the Hole: With a damp fingertip, press an indentation into the center of each doughnut, then flip the doughnuts and repeat. Take one doughnut in both hands and use a finger to gently pull open a hole in the center. (The paper-thin centers will give way at the slightest touch.) Smooth the ragged edges if you like and repeat with the remaining doughnuts.

3.Preparing the Oil: Melt refined coconut oil in a microwave, then pour into a roughly 8- to 10-inch stainless steel pot to a depth of at least 2 inches. (This gives cake doughnuts room to sink, allowing them to fry more quickly and absorb less oil.) Clip on digital thermometer and warm to 365°F over medium heat. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with 3 layers of paper towels and have the powdered sugar ready in a fine-mesh sieve.

4.Frying the Doughnuts: When oil reaches 365°F, practice maintaining that temperature for a few minutes before beginning to fry. Once you're comfortable with the controls, slip a test doughnut into the hot oil and fry until pale gold, turning frequently with tongs to ensure even color, about 60 seconds. Transfer to a paper towel–lined baking sheet, then sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. Taste to see how you like the results, adding or subtracting a few seconds if needed to perfect subsequent batches. Fry remaining doughnuts, up to 6 or 7 at a time, and enjoy warm with powdered sugar. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 36 hours at room temperature (these are best dunked in milk or coffee).

Please don't post fake daykills (of my hunger!! Lolololol)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Uh huh.

Podima / Rarity - what are you two thinking here

I'm fairly null on Kash, the only thing that really gives me vibes is that he's doing a whole lot of shitposts just like he did in Ecco's soldier game where he used white noise to hide his reads so no one would notice inconsistencies. I don't feel like it's enough to go on all on its own though.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I've had Kash go bat poo poo stupid on d1 and then become a completely different constructive town person on d2. It's Kash

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

please kill ypm so I can use my night action to pwn someone

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Azuth0667 posted:

So your ultimate defense is the puppetmaster defense. People only do that when they've been caught and everything else has not worked :colbert:.

But my actual real defense is that the dude had already claimed. So why would I role fish on a dude who had already said what he was.

But by all means ignore that part

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Do you have any other scum reads? Surely you know pulling a vote out of a big train and saying "THIS. THIS IS THE ONE." is pretty blahhhhhh. Do you think Sam is actually scum or what?

Nothing super strong, sadly. Partly cause there's a lot of new players here and it always takes me a bit of time to figure out what people are like. Partly cause the new players aren't posting much actual content yet. Partly cause D1's been almost exclusively Kash/KK having a bitchfit and YPM's dumb gambit followed by the even dumber YPM bandwagon. I don't like Sam's posts so far, I don't like Gulag tossing out an SK claim, I still don't like TT's VT claim but his posts since have pushed me more towards town for him. So yeah, this is where I'm at right now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Okay that's better out of meds

##vote Rarity

Give a girl a chance to answer, yo :saddowns:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
NO MUST

MAKE

DOINUTS

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015
I have no idea if YPM is scum or not, I have no idea if anyone is scum or not, so unless anyone can tell me why I should change my vote one lynch seems just as good as any other... Who knows it may turn out the whole role claim gambit might be some kind of tripple bluff

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

TheDonPeters posted:

I have no idea if YPM is scum or not, I have no idea if anyone is scum or not, so unless anyone can tell me why I should change my vote one lynch seems just as good as any other... Who knows it may turn out the whole role claim gambit might be some kind of tripple bluff

Do you know if you are scum?

This is important.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

gannyGrabber posted:

I'm pretty sure that day 1 is literally complete horseshit. Lynch someone, see who dies at night, and use real evidence to track down the remaining baddies.

But you should at least put as much thought as possible into it instead of just randomly picking someone. That is very anti town.

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Do you know if you are scum?

This is important.

Oh dam forgot to read my pm let me check...

It's cool guys I am a knight of the round table, in fact one who was tested by people throwing themselves from a tower quite apt.

Would be quite fun idea to play without reading your pm, even more caos and confusion abound.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

CapitalistPig posted:

But you should at least put as much thought as possible into it instead of just randomly picking someone. That is very anti town.

Considering we have no idea of what roles are in the game, how many factions there are, or any of that, "randomly" picking somebody is really the only option, isn't it? I mean, you can try to infer whatever you want from what people are posting, but all the gambits and accusations and meta-gaming amount to nothing of substance or value until they are seen in hindsight. And even then...

And it's not so random when you pick the most prolific superhero poo poo poster in the thread and pluck him out so there's less noise.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hey guys, what's going on in this Mafia ga--:yikes:

Still doing a little bit of catching up, but just as initial reads, YPM and Inf seem town as hell based on the last few pages. I really don't like Shadow0's appeal to flavor back there

Curious about your immediate impression of YPM and Inf as being town as hell. You've given some reasoning for Infinitum, but why the immediate town read on YPM?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Where's Podima? Podima who are the scum

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

Nothing super strong, sadly. Partly cause there's a lot of new players here and it always takes me a bit of time to figure out what people are like. Partly cause the new players aren't posting much actual content yet. Partly cause D1's been almost exclusively Kash/KK having a bitchfit and YPM's dumb gambit followed by the even dumber YPM bandwagon. I don't like Sam's posts so far, I don't like Gulag tossing out an SK claim, I still don't like TT's VT claim but his posts since have pushed me more towards town for him. So yeah, this is where I'm at right now.
Sam's history is particularly anemic, yeah. Like a player trying to find a way to enter the game? Not sure

Which of TT's posts pushed him over to town for you? Is it the anime avatar? I love anime

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
CPig actively posting, with an anime avatar, is really weirding me out. I don't know if it's the anime or the posting

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I just realised.. What if Shadow0 is a 3P? :v:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

TheDonPeters posted:

Oh dam forgot to read my pm let me check...

It's cool guys I am a knight of the round table, in fact one who was tested by people throwing themselves from a tower quite apt.

Would be quite fun idea to play without reading your pm, even more caos and confusion abound.

This strays into silly gambit territory. Try not to pull silly gambits unless you're absolutely sure of what you're doing.

gannyGrabber posted:

Considering we have no idea of what roles are in the game, how many factions there are, or any of that, "randomly" picking somebody is really the only option, isn't it? I mean, you can try to infer whatever you want from what people are posting, but all the gambits and accusations and meta-gaming amount to nothing of substance or value until they are seen in hindsight. And even then...

And it's not so random when you pick the most prolific superhero poo poo poster in the thread and pluck him out so there's less noise.

This is a really lousy way of distancing yourself from a mislynch before it even happens. Wait until you crucify someone to start washing your hands, Pilate.

SirSamVimes posted:

Curious about your immediate impression of YPM and Inf as being town as hell. You've given some reasoning for Infinitum, but why the immediate town read on YPM?

It's kind of a gut thing. I see things that could be construed as rolefishing, sure, but there's something about both the flustered defense and the resignation he seems to have that strike me as a newbie townsperson wandering into his first Day 1 lynch and not knowing how to respond.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Rascyc posted:

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

THIS PERSON GETS IT!
Finally someone addressing the food problem.
Now we just need to address the bedding problem.

Rarity posted:

Partly cause the new players aren't posting much actual content yet. Partly cause D1's been almost exclusively Kash/KK having a bitchfit and YPM's dumb gambit followed by the even dumber YPM bandwagon.

gannyGrabber posted:

Infinitum posted:

I just realised.. What if Shadow0 is a 3P? :v:

Yes, I have three penises.
And two butts.
What about it?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
All I know is CapitalistPig is a literal shitlord poster. Not even good by gibbis quality. YPM is decent now that I understand him. On that note ## Vote YPM

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Sorry your a bad poster and anti fun.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Glowku posted:

All I know is CapitalistPig is a literal shitlord poster. Not even good by gibbis quality. YPM is decent now that I understand him. On that note ## Vote YPM

Oh, Glowku! *laugh track*

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

This is a really lousy way of distancing yourself from a mislynch before it even happens. Wait until you crucify someone to start washing your hands, Pilate.

Man, if I end up being wrong, I end up being wrong. I'll keep playing and believing in myself all the same. Odds are that we're going to have a mislynch day 1, that's just pure statistics and is how the game is designed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I don't like how Shadow is just hiding behind his own gimmick and making bad suggestions like a mass flavourclaim.

• Locked thread