Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

SlyFrog posted:

Yes, it would be much better if exciting, fun to play champions like Trist, Cait, and Corki could dominate. Nothing more exciting than clicking on poo poo, and then clicking on it some more, then jumping toward or away from what you've been clicking on.

if you think jhin being bad means i want really boring bot lanes then you're probably loving retarded

and if thats how you boil those 3 champions down then you might as well do the same for every adc because you just summed up every adc except for like kog and twitch in which case you're double retarded

i took the bait im sorry guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

AHH FUGH posted:

I just won a game versus a top Ekko Tank who went full 2016 Metagolem and started off 10/0/4, AMA

are you aware that smurfing on new servers has been linked with exceptionally small penis length

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

balance idea: new passive for botrk that instantly kills anyone with over 100 armor when you auto attack them. i think this will separate the good tanks from the great tanks.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DolphinCop posted:

are you aware that smurfing on new servers has been linked with exceptionally small penis length

i wasn't the ekko dude

but yeah that guy probably has a tiny penis and still lost, he's probably chopping up his tiny bird right now

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Serious balance idea: Abilities that deal % max health should be incredibly rare and should be confined to a few champions, and it should actually make sense thematically for those champs to have it.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 6, 2016

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

Serious balance idea: Abilities that deal % max health should be incredibly rare and should be confined to a few champions, and it should actually make sense thematically for those champs to have it.

welcome back to the league of warmogs

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

riot gets really excited about whatever design idea and forces it into everything for the next few months. i think % health and invulnerability ults are on their way out and im excited to see what the next fun thing they run into the ground is.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Jinx needs cans

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Luna Was Here posted:

I hope jhin goes to a 45% win rate again

Young people just don't get art, I understand. He is a shitload of fun though, enough so for me to force everyone I play with to endure me learning botlane.

I mean Draven is always gonna be near and dear to my heart but losing a 200 plus stack to a four man dive is probably the most soul crushing thing in the game

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

anti-magic posted:

Sounds pretty deliberate. I wouldn't be surprised if Riot just want to slowly bleed out it as they did with Dominion so they can stop pretending they give any shits about it.

That's exactly how I feel it too, and it's not exactly subtle. They started off by saying that TT has a much healthier community than Dominion and then went on to point out that masteries will be out in the rotating queue before TT. With hextech crafting a lot of the TT players had to move to dynamic queue to get their free stuff.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Yes they are deliberately ignoring 3v3, they are also deliberately make overpowered champions then nerf them right after a big sale happens.

But I don't get why would people stop playing 3v3 just because they cannot spam that loving annoying emote on their favourite champion.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Servaetes posted:

Young people just don't get art, I understand. He is a shitload of fun though, enough so for me to force everyone I play with to endure me learning botlane.

I mean Draven is always gonna be near and dear to my heart but losing a 200 plus stack to a four man dive is probably the most soul crushing thing in the game

play with me serv

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

quote:

Grasp of the Undying (Resolve, Tier 6)
[Tooltip now reads "Every 4 seconds in combat against enemy champions" from "Every 4 seconds in combat"]

thank loving god

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

teemo is off his tits

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Radical posted:

thank loving god

:chanpop: There is a god

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I didn't know this was riven until I pasted the link

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Bholder posted:

Yes they are deliberately ignoring 3v3

But I don't get why would people stop playing 3v3 just because they cannot spam that loving annoying emote on their favourite champion.

ok im ignoring the really loving stupid part of your post to say this:

it isn't really about getting to or not getting to spam the mastery emote, its a matter of simple implementation and Riot's history of failure to deliver on promises and care when it comes to their other game modes. Riot haven't given a reason (afaik) as to why it can't be enabled on TT but they're going to enable it in their tavern brawl queue first. Forever ago Riot said they were going to do map specific balancing but that poo poo hasn't happened in nearly a year. In fact, before the last big update to the map, the last two changes for it were to lower the cost of Twin Shadows, and to remove Luden's from the map. Its this slow over time necrotic creep from the pure abandonment of a mode that led to the death of Dominion and Riot is letting it happen to Twisted Treeline for no reason, and the only people who care are the people who play the map when this should be an issue for everyone who plays the game.

Literally all it would (should) take is some rebalancing of numbers for shorter game times and the flip of a switch and champion mastery is on TT, but instead the map is just going to be left to wither and die and will be replaced with nothing but people getting their favorite map and style of play taken from them.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bholder posted:

Yes they are deliberately ignoring 3v3, they are also deliberately make overpowered champions then nerf them right after a big sale happens.

They never did, it's mostly hextech crafting and the dominion shutdown. A lot of people I know stopped TT because of that, and some people stopped LoL altogether because they played mostly TT and the community went down and queues went up by a ton. And both groups, they all say the same thing - they feel it's unsafe to keep playing TT because everyone is weary that Riot is going to remove it anyway, possibly even remove ranked rewards this very season, so people are leaving it (at least in my server). Which is probably what Riot really wanted.

At the end of the day the amount of people who main TT is tiny, and the amount of people who'll quit the game over this is even tinier compared to the people who'll move to dynamic queue.

From a personal PoV it just sucks for me, the Brazilian LoL community is pretty much awful but from the 8 thousand or so teams that actively played TT I've met mostly people who were really nice, it was a genuinely fun community that had nothing to do with solo/dynamic queue or Ranked 5s. Maybe it's because it's not so competitive, but at the top 100 of 3s people add each other, befriend each other, talk about strategies and have fun overall, with some few exceptions. The top 100 of 5s are people who are trying really hard to become pros and who tend to be really rude and aggressive, with the ironic exception of the two teams who actually made to Worlds. Kabum was always nice to play against and while Pain players tend to have flamboyant personas they were very nice in-game. It's easy not to care much about how bad or well mannered people are in games. When people are rude you just grow a thick skin, that's how we all play LoL and online games in general. When you find a really nice community however it's a bit of a surprise, so it's very disappointing to see so many people stopping LoL altogether from the latest changes.

It's not easy to shrug it off when your smurf team queue time goes from 5 minutes to 40 minutes during peak hours and your main team can't find matches at all.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 6, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Agreed. Can't wait for Riot to be like "There isnt' a player base for TT, and we dont' wanna put the effort in to get them"

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

like i cant see most grasp champs taking grasp now with those changes, but i feel like grasp was more intended for bruisers like darius than loving maokai or whatever so they're probably on the right track with these changes

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Maokai always took aspd reds to proc his passive more in teamfights, I'm pretty sure dude will still take grasp.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lovechop posted:

teemo is off his tits

Now I want to face swap with this.

Firebert posted:

Maokai always took aspd reds to proc his passive more in teamfights, I'm pretty sure dude will still take grasp.

I think Grasp outperforms just about anything in terms of top lane melee fighting unless the changes to the Blood one make it viable for real heavy AD melee champions.

What are the Grasp changes you all keep talking about? Didn't see anything about it.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Was Here posted:

Literally all it would (should) take is some rebalancing of numbers for shorter game times and the flip of a switch and champion mastery is on TT, but instead the map is just going to be left to wither and die and will be replaced with nothing but people getting their favorite map and style of play taken from them.

Hell I would gladly do this job if I could and if Riot were interested in hiring people to do that.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Firebert posted:

this isnt a change for teamfights, you can't be in combat from attacking minions anymore so you basically have to take a 4 second trade to get the passive to proc unless you have a kit that lets you stay in combat with the other champion (like the darius bleed)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Libertine posted:

What are the Grasp changes you all keep talking about? Didn't see anything about it.

Grasp timer only runs when in combat with champions not with minions as well, up on PBE today

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Luna, it should be that the size of a community's voice is proportional to the attention it recieves. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's how it is. Thorry.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Radical posted:

like i cant see most grasp champs taking grasp now with those changes, but i feel like grasp was more intended for bruisers like darius than loving maokai or whatever so they're probably on the right track with these changes

Wonder if they'll buff GP because that really sucks for him

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Is taric rework live

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

ZenVulgarity posted:

Is taric rework live
Only in my heart

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Spiros posted:

Luna, it should be that the size of a community's voice is proportional to the attention it recieves. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's how it is. Thorry.

Like I understand this but you're ignoring the main point of my post which was that the things Riot could do to help the mode are so infinitesimally small and realistically easy to do that it's a joke that they don't get done. Instead they ignore the map while going "No don't worry guys, it's here to stay!" just like Dominion was here to stay and just like Solo Q was here to stay. I'm just tired of Riot giving their player base the run-around when history repeats itself every time they remove an existing or upcoming feature when they could easily go "yeah you're gonna get axed but we have no idea when we're gonna feel like pulling the plug". They've been doing this poo poo since Season 1 and it's so irritating to have people defending a company that is consistently misleading to its userbase

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

does any one here play renekton enough to tell me what you do on the guy

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

pog boyfriend posted:

does any one here play renekton enough to tell me what you do on the guy

E auto W Q E

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

E auto W Q E

thanks gowby but i mean more like item builds.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pog boyfriend posted:

thanks gowby but i mean more like item builds.

Don't you just go corrupting pot, Tiamat, ice born/sun fire win?

Source: never played renekton

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
That sounds terrible

Tiamat > BC > Ravenous > full tank

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Just go look at some Korean renekton builds

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Renekton is like Gnar in that he needs too many loving items to be really good. You can build him super AD-based and dunk fools in lane until mid/late game and then you realize you get cut through like grass. You can build him full tank but you probably lose lane and are weaker in late game fights than an actual tank. You can build him halfway and pick and pair based on your lane matchup and that's probably the best compromise -- however if you reach a point in late game where you are up against things you didn't itemize for in lane, you probably don't do much good in fights.

His ideal endgame build is probably:
1x Armor/HP Item (Sunfire or Randuin's or Dead Man)
1x MR/HP Item (Spirit Visage or Banshee's)
1x Hydra Item (Ravenous or Titanic)
1x Black Cleaver
Defensive Boots
1 situational filler item for whatever if you get full build.

That's a pretty expensive item budget though, and you gotta choose between offense and defense early depending on how you are doing and what you want to achieve.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Firebert posted:

That sounds terrible

Tiamat > BC > Ravenous > full tank

I was told you go ice born and sun fires and just win on all champs by this very thread

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
iceborn gauntlet has quite a bit of mana in it

lizards arent mana wizards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Zed and Poppy nerfs backfired bigtime, 100% winrates inc

• Locked thread