Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

So any tips on hauling and keeping things clean? I'm at about 6 settlers and just can't seem to keep up...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

w00tmonger posted:

So any tips on hauling and keeping things clean? I'm at about 6 settlers and just can't seem to keep up...

use manual priorities, and make some dedicated haulers/cleaners. their biggest priority will be those jobs. dedicated haulers will be kept pretty busy year round, especially around harvest time, or if you're doing a lot of mining or the like. one dedicated cleaner should be enough for even a large colony, at first they'll be cleaning all day long but once the colony is tidied up it's pretty easy to stay on top of it. also make sure your colonists dont spend too much time walking around on dirt or grass, as they will track it indoors. paved walkways help with this

if you don't want to do that, just have a day every once in a while where everyone hauls and cleans

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/TynanSylvester/status/717779665662783489

Azhais fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 6, 2016

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

dead link, but i assume it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAOZrfu7n3Q

https://ludeon.com/blog/

alpha 13 is out! :D

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

No, for some reason copying the tweet left out the tailing 9 the first 3 times :argh:

But yes, that's what the link was

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Azhais posted:

No, for some reason copying the tweet left out the tailing 9 the first 3 times :argh:

But yes, that's what the link was

all good! I can't wait to check out the new version. so hype about it!

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
Oh Christ, so your colonist can get in a violent row with his complete bitch of an ex and stab her in a fit of rage? This will do WONDERS for keeping the colony morale in check :gonk:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
All of this looks really great, I appreciate the low-tech options he added a lot as well as re-thinking the temperature model under thick mountain roof.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Popular Thug Drink posted:

if you don't want to do that, just have a day every once in a while where everyone hauls and cleans

I schedule so that two hours at the end of the day is cleaning time. Sometimes I schedule it down if we're clean enough.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The Fueled Generators make a starting power grid anywhere there's some trees really simple, I quite like it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Minarchist posted:

Oh Christ, so your colonist can get in a violent row with his complete bitch of an ex and stab her in a fit of rage? This will do WONDERS for keeping the colony morale in check :gonk:

Wait for prepare carefully, take nothing but same sex straight people :ohdear:

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Will couples have children or no?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Back To 99 posted:

Will couples have children or no?

not yet

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

The framework is certainly there though, it feels pretty organic how relationships form based on ~1 in-game season and I'm personally looking forward to running frontier towns for generations if the game can support that kind of time-scale. Not sure I'm a fan of ditching real months, since that made seasons instantly relateable and understandable, but it's a small cosmetic change and everything else I've seen is really good. The wood fired options are perfect for my standard boreal forest start.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Pity about incompatible saves but hey, time to start again. I can't help humming this song with the lyrics changed to 'why must I be a cannibal in love?' while getting going.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
I have one character. She is SO UGLY, she gives everyone a -30 relationship bonus.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

A caravan just came to trade with me in the middle of a heatwave in the loving jungle. Three of them died before they left, leaving me with some sweet iguana skin pants. Although the polar bears they brought seemed strangely unaffected by the heat.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Yo mama so fat, the muffalo try to tame HER

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

beerinator posted:

I have one character. She is SO UGLY, she gives everyone a -30 relationship bonus.

Turn her rear end into warg kibble. The mood malus from butchering and prepping a person will fade in time, Ms. Uggo will keep ruining everyone's day. Might as well get some positive use from her.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I have a lady who pulled this guy out of a fire to save his life and now he hates her because she's so ugly from all the burns. My Pawns are such dicks.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
One of my pirate prisoners watched her rival get shot and bleed out during a raid, and she's glad about it. +5 mood boost.

"Serves them right. Things are looking up!" as she's locked in a dark shack being brainwashed convinced by my warden.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
One of my colonists was getting chased by a Megascarab he was doing a poor job of hunting when suddenly the cat came running in, stunned it, killed it, and then hungrily devoured several of its body parts.

I like this update.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well that was unexpected, updating OP

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This update is broken for me. I can't create a new world. When I'm looking at the seed selection screen, I hit generate and the generating world box shows up for a fraction of a second then back to the seed selection screen. Anyone else getting this?

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I haven't had much time to look through all the new stuff, can colonists be gay?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I got one colonist with a 'dislikes women' trait but I think he was just a misogynist :shrug:

It may have been one of the kickstarter reward characters, but I'm not sure.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

Swedish Horror posted:

I haven't had much time to look through all the new stuff, can colonists be gay?

I have a lesbian prisoner right now, so yes, that is a trait pawns can have.

I also have a 38 year old dude who insists on flirting with, and being rejected by every woman in my colony, he has already gotten beat up by one of the women. This update is very good.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

I had a spacer fall out of the sky, and it turned out to be one of my colonists' husband. I sent the wife over to rescue and patch him up, thinking he would willingly join up. Nope, he still tried to exit the map, so I sent the wife to arrest him. The guy refuses, turns hostile, and starts fighting a boar for some reason. Husband dies, wife gets super depressed for a season.

Some of the bonuses and maluses for social relationships are a bit out of whack. One of my colonists has a squirrel scratch scar in one eye, but apparantly that counts as being "disfigured" so now everybody has -15 social points towards him. Compare that to the -5 malus someone got for accidentally shooting their entire arm off.

I only had one party so far. Everybody just walked behind the sheriff's house for 10 seconds and then left.

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

I had one of my dudes shiv my cook. Dude was angry because the cook skinned and butchered a human raider.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

This update is broken for me. I can't create a new world. When I'm looking at the seed selection screen, I hit generate and the generating world box shows up for a fraction of a second then back to the seed selection screen. Anyone else getting this?

Might want to delete your old settings from the previous version.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Azhais posted:

Might want to delete your old settings from the previous version.

I did. It turned out to be a corrupt download from the sendowl link. I redownloaded and reinstalled it and it's working fine now.

But boy do I miss edb prepare carefully

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I did. It turned out to be a corrupt download from the sendowl link. I redownloaded and reinstalled it and it's working fine now.

But boy do I miss edb prepare carefully

I mostly miss edb interface, I want my drat pawn icons at the top of the screen damnit.

Also, expect a new build to drop before too terribly long. The modders have found some (already fixed) bugs, so I imagine they'll do a 13a at some point in the not too distant future.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I just 'cured' a colonist's asthma by replacing their lungs with the ones I ripped out of a prisoner.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Azhais posted:

I mostly miss edb interface, I want my drat pawn icons at the top of the screen damnit.

Also, expect a new build to drop before too terribly long. The modders have found some (already fixed) bugs, so I imagine they'll do a 13a at some point in the not too distant future.

I forgot to complain about the lack of icons at the top too. It's amazing how much two mods really improve the quality of life

Swedish Horror posted:

I just 'cured' a colonist's asthma by replacing their lungs with the ones I ripped out of a prisoner.

RimWorld!

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Swedish Horror posted:

Now that's just good resource management!

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I'm honestly amazed he hasn't just incorporated EDB into the base game by this point, since he's taken onboard various other mods in the past, and if there were only one mod you would ever want to pick up, it's going to be that one.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Man, the bug infestations are horrible. Going to have to start building turrets in the halls now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What is the size of bedrooms do people like? Is it 36 tiles or like 60?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

What is the size of bedrooms do people like? Is it 36 tiles or like 60?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I think 5x5 is the minimum to avoid a cramped penalty, but I'm not sure what the minimum size to get the first spacious boost is. I think it might be about 8x8.