Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Sullo, God of Weight
3/3 HP

Sullo watched Somewhere. A single point of mass in an endless sea of nothing. So many new things to see and places to explore.
So much to uplift, or drop to the darkest depths. From the lightest bits of shattered Glass, to the heaviest Silver boulders.

And so many creatures! Truly the greatest treasure of Somewhere. And each of them so interesting! The massive Silvurtles, or the cubic Fortugnat. Already so in tune with Sullo's specialty!
One creature in particular caught Sullo's attention. The hefty Laitache, trudging across the plains. Those shiny Silvurtles already had them beat at being the heaviest creature of Somewhere, so the Laitache needed a new path. A much lighter, quicker path! They'd need to lose some Weight. A lot of Weight (not in the horns though, those were neat)!

Soon, those Laitache would be running and hopping across the Plains like no other!
1d20 = 12

Kyyp fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
We sleep but do not dream.

We see, but our eyes are closed.

We are quiet. Shhh. It's not time to wake up.

Time for a catte nap.

+1 to Catmandu.

Wisp Naps Taken: 1

Juchero fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 7, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
+1 Catmandu

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Holy moly you guys are fast! It'll take a day or two for the next update, leaving it open to more Wisps for a while anyhow.

Anyone have any generic questions about anything in the meanwhile? Also - which one is the cutest?

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Does the massive failure/massive ruling only count for natural 1s and 20s or modified ones too? It's just specified that the roll has to be a 1 or 20 in the OP. :rolldice:.

Silvurtles are deffo the cutest, perpetual grins on the Aqueaus makes them a close second for me though :v:.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
+1 to Ashar Ado. Silvurtles are cool. Somewhere will be beautiful.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Does the massive failure/massive ruling only count for natural 1s and 20s or modified ones too? It's just specified that the roll has to be a 1 or 20 in the OP. :rolldice:.

Silvurtles are deffo the cutest, perpetual grins on the Aqueaus makes them a close second for me though :v:.

Ah - just natural rolls for 1 or 20. Wisp aided makes it just real bad or real good normal rolls. This also applies to the 2 HP health loss on the 1 and the +1 to rolls on the 20.

Edit: ALSO! If you roll a 20 and get pushed down, you get the +1 bonus, but not giga success. If you roll a 1 and get pushed up, you take 2 damage, but not giga failure!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 7, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

If it's about the natural roll then just to clarify, damage is still taken if we roll below a 10 and wisps pushed us above it? Or do we not take damage if we rolled an 11 and then wisps shoved us below?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Laitache is cutest. This is known.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

A Darker Porpoise posted:

If it's about the natural roll then just to clarify, damage is still taken if we roll below a 10 and wisps pushed us above it? Or do we not take damage if we rolled an 11 and then wisps shoved us below?

Oh yes - Wisps can definitely push you above or below the threshold for damage.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

dog kisser posted:

Anyone have any generic questions about anything in the meanwhile? Also - which one is the cutest?

There's a reason I picked the Verre, and it's because their expression comes the closest to :3:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I like the Verre :h:

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
+1 to Catmandu.
Maybe we can keep this cool catte in the game for a while.

My vote goes to Silvurtles for the cutesest, (something to do with their expression.. And do they have 4 eyes or am I misreading the picture? ) Though in concept the Fortugnats are my favorite.
Really dig your art style, by the way.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Gravedust posted:

+1 to Catmandu.
Maybe we can keep this cool catte in the game for a while.

My vote goes to Silvurtles for the cutesest, (something to do with their expression.. And do they have 4 eyes or am I misreading the picture? ) Though in concept the Fortugnats are my favorite.
Really dig your art style, by the way.

Yep, four eyes - most eyes except Fortugnats who can have 1-6 eyes. And thanks!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

dog kisser posted:

Fortugnats who can have 1d6 eyes.

I imagine this is determined by the baby fortugnat itself being rolled.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
+1 to Catmandu

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

LuiCypher posted:

Teaching glass monsters gambling problems

+1 Wisp Catmandu although I'll be disappointed if you never try to drink all of the milk.

Wisp counter: 1

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I like the Fortugnat. I will use my Wisp-y bonuses to help out the Fortugnats. Forever.

Zybourne Clock posted:

Amyhdahl, God of Broken Promises

(Bless Fortugnats with intelligence and charisma, 1d20=5, http://orokos.com/roll/389584)

Even when the roll is so low that my help might not amount to much.

+1 to this action.

DCB'S Wisp Action Count: 1

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Puppies are dicks posted:

+1 Wisp Catmandu although I'll be disappointed if you never try to drink all of the milk.

:getin:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

+1 to Amyhdahl, God of Broken Promises

Wisp counter: I

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
+1 to Amyhdahl

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
+1 to Sullo

Wisp Counter: 1

JesterOfAmerica fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 7, 2016

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

We sleep but do not dream.

Well there's a reason for that.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Music Theory posted:

Well there's a reason for that.

Zzzzzz.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

T̬̹̬̰̉̍̀̽̅͢h̭̯͙̖̘͆̋̒̓͠a̤̗͓̤̱̗̤͆́̋̃̋̎̄͑̍͝t͕͉̗͖̪̗̹̠̿͑͐́̓́̀̌͜͡ į̛̺̠̬̬͌̄̉̏̈́͊̈͋͝s̶͓̤̩̘͓̣̮̐̏̾̀́͜ n̶͓̪̬͙̳̒̆̒̾͆́̕̚͜o̢̘̖̮͙͕͔͛͂͂̈̎̚͡t̡̘̗͎̹̗͚̗̖͆͆̇͛͐͌͘͡͞ d̵̼͙̼̝̭̉̀̀̋̂̎͡ě̢̨͖̳̲͇̬͈͛́͌̆̚̕a̸̞̖̱͔͓͋͆́̆͑̉̍̈́͒͟ď̤̹̻̰͍̗͉͇͎̮̄̋͠͞ w̸̛̝̖̮̼̩̲͑̒͋͛͟͡h̨̡͓̭̹̗̺̼̭̟̀͛͂̄̏̾͒́͘͘ḯ̷̻̥͓̞̲͙̯̯̯̅͆̊̾c̶͎̪̩͎̟̽̈́͌͒̚͠͡ͅh̴͉̜͚̜̮̊̾͑̂̆̑̐ c̴̨̰̳̙̗̈́͑́̂̍̽͘͠a̷̢̼̼͇̟̦̦͉͗͗̐͆̆̅̊̚͘͡n̷̟̪͇̫̥͍͌̆͒̕͟͜͡ e̷̲͍̪̝̱̰̪̠̐̋͂̂͋̇͐͑̿͘͜ͅţ̶̧͉͉͉̈͛̒̕̕e̵̲̬̞̬͚̬͙͎̎̀͂̑͑̓̕r̶̰̥͉̠̝̤͕͖̔͗̓̋̄̀͆͠ǹ̝͎͙̦͙̞̪̪͍͓͛̉̇̀͡a̸͙̪̲͖̞͈̗̞̪̽̀̒͒̇͜͞l̷͈͔̪̙̼̓͛̐̉́̌̋ l̵̛̛͉̜͔̖̙͂̏̽̀̈́į̹̙̞̘̱̹̞͖̌̄̄̑̾͋́̒͘͟͞è̵̼͚̭̼̖̱̤̤͋̅͑͆͜,̸̢̛̱̞̦̞͈̖͖͓̋̍̒͘
̯͔̹̍͌͗̽͆͘͘͟͢͢
̧̜͎͕̣̇́̄͆͊͊͞͡A͉̝͙̜̯̖̺̼̅͑̒͗̂͌̚͝n̨̢̼̩̰̄̅͌̐́͠͞͞d̷̢͎̤͈̾̂̅̀̓̎̽̕͢ͅ w̞͓̩̟̜͐̃̿́̑͊̃́͞i̸̢̫̯͚̮̥̗̇̓̄̎̅̍̍̚͜͝t̢̧͙̟͕̦̎͌͐̈̍͟͞ḩ̻̳̹̱̲͈̲͐̂̓̀̇̀̕̕ s̡̘͎͖̋̓̾̑̋̏̎͢ͅt̷̯̼̳͚̖̜̻̑̓̈͋̓̑͛̚͟͢r̶̛̻̙͖̩̙͈̬̬̮̙͗͛͋͐͐̽̐̇͒ȁ̛͓̘̼̳͚̐͛̚͝ṅ̸̡̛̟̺͈͋͂͂̒͑̕͜g̴̬̞̣̗͉̣̦͎͖̃̌͌͌̐e̡͙̙̮͍̞̜͖͌̀̂̔́͊͜ a̬͍̖̩̞̪͙͇͓͋̀̍͊͒̚͡è̵̺͈̜͈͉̻̪͕̼͐̅̌̀̚o̴̞͖̩̣̎̐͗̉͛̌͛̇̌̕͜ͅň̳̹̲̩̫̤̺̥̻̙̍̃͐̽̏͒̌͞͡s̖̞͕̳̺̣̑̽̑̋̓ͅͅ ë̴̟̹͔̻̾̂͊̈͟ͅv͎̦̳̮͍͈̦̯̤̓̏͗̃͂̽̑͠ě̶͎̯̣̫̥̘̃̎͋̂̉͜͡n̴̫͉͙̞̩̔͂̊̈́͗͗͑̊͠ͅ d̴̦̙̼̮̗̦̟̺́̋͌̽̊̈͗̾͘͞e̗͔̜͚̝͙̐̄̌̀̏͛̕ă̷̧̬̰̬͓̝̳͚̓̑̓̊̆̏̂̚͡ͅt͕̳̩͓͔͕͓̣̾̽͒͋̅͒̕͘̕ͅh̴͚̹͔̫̗̦̠͎̓͆͗̉́̇̉̈ m̢̛̟͙̤͚̦̩̋̊̃͊̀͛͟ą̷̭̼̳͔͚̮̝̈͐͑̑̍̔͐̚y̷̧̧̨͖̭̟̥̼̜̼̓̑̐̂̏̏ ḑ̶͖͖͇̙̻̲͕̽̒̄͛͂͊̌͢i͍̹̻̲͔̮̞͙̫̠͆͐̑̌̿̿̒͑͊͞ȇ̢̖̻͚̞̜̥̆͛̀́̃̊͆̌̚͢.̴̫̖͉̗̜͓͎̐͊͊͊̕

Loel fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 7, 2016

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

For a promise to be broken, it must first be made.

+1 to Amyhdahl's action.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Kyyp posted:

Sullo, God of Weight
3/3 HP

EDIT: Oh there is it.

+1 to the roll right here
Wispy stuff: 1

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 7, 2016

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
+1 to Amyhdahl's decision.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

+1 to Ashar Ado

Wisp Count: 1

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

+1 to Catmandu

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

+1 to Sullo

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Wisping Closed! Update to come in... a bit!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The Gods blew through Somewhere like wind, rustling through the secret places in their search for worship. Each of the Five settled among one group of People, sparking their dim minds into the fires of thought and reason.

The Silvurtle gasped in awe and confusion at the sounds rippling through their bodies and minds as the Argenforest hummed in godly rhythms. Their metal skin resonated with each note, ringing like a bell. Something awoke within one of them, and they stood tall for the very first time, straining to hear just a little clearer.

The First Song shaped their minds, drawing forth and calcifying a creative desire for art and beauty. More and more of them awoke to the strains of the Song, and soon the Silvurtle had become more than beast - a People in truth. They surveyed the land around them, uncovering truth behind mysteries far beyond their beastly ancestors. They learned speech and song, and they gathered in communities.Through their wandering, and through their songs, they learned to know their God.

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too. So they raised their deep voices in unison, calling out to their God with voices still new and quavering.

♬Oh God of Joy, sacred Ashar Ado, we thank you for bringing us up from darkness! We thank you and yet we seek for more, great God! This world is wide and scary, and we call on you for aid! Will you grant us your power?

(The Silvurtle have become Musical and gained Harmony. Underlined questions they ask are questions from your People directed specifically at you - your answer will have a significant effect on them, but does not (necessarily) have anything to do with your Action. You may answer the question however you wish and take your Action afterwards)

Catmandu fell down among the Verre, crouching in the darkness between dimensions and observing them. She reached out across the world, drawing up a perfect cubic dicestone and whisking it into the Verre’s path as though by chance. As the Verre crawled over to it in curiousity, Catmandu felt a twist of pain in her essence. As the creature kicked it once, gently, as though seeing dicestone for the first time, the Goddess doubled over in astral pain.

And then, just when the pain became unbearable, she could feel droplets of cool water beating against her core. Wisps, lending their meagre powers to aid her. They, too, wanted to aid the Verre to become what they were always meant to be. She focused on her People once again - and they looked back up at her expectantly.

Tossing the stone lightly from claw to claw carefully - she could see flecks of Glass around their feet - the Verre began to make a little game of it. She watched them for a long while - their impromptu game became more complex, and they spoke to one another in high, tinkling notes as they played. In time, they began to play a little rougher, a little less cautiously - some breakages occured, but they learned how to minimize the impacts. Finally, winded and exhausted from play, they looked to their Goddess.

Great Goddess Catmandu, we have felt you among us, guiding our play. We thank you for bringing lightness to our cringing life of fear. We owe you so much! What shall we sacrifice to you?

(The Verre have become Playful and Agile.)

As Amyhdahl breathed his essence into Deesix, he felt something break away within. Even as the Wisps aided his efforts to claw it back into himself, it shattered into vapor and was gone. Deesix knew naught of this - he knew only the glory of his God! His body twisted and grew, and the radiance spreading from the act drew up the other Fortugnat to watch him. They watched with interest bordering on terror as Amyhdahl crowned his champion.

Even with the cracks spreading through his Essence, Amydahl watched with pleasure as his Action took effect. Deesix began his reign with gusto: he began to speak with the other Fortugnat, whisking them into a holy fervor and speaking of the glory of the God of Broken Promises. The God had told them to conquer the lands, and they were keen to do so - but how? They grew uncertain, and so they petitioned Deesix to pray on their behalf - his half-divinity made him the only one worthy of speaking, after all!

”Amyhdahl, it is I, your servant Deesix! We wish to follow your orders and conquer all - but this world is vast, and we are but small and fragile. We need… something. We see this world and all its bounties, but we know naught of what we seek or how to gain it! Should we experiment with the world? Aid us, please!”

(AMYDAHL LOSES 1 HP! The Fortugnat have gained a Hero - Deesix! The roll was insufficient to attain full coverage, but the Fortugnat have become Slightly Intelligent, Slightly Charismatic, and Slightly Warlike!)

As Illarin drew his power across the land, Somewhere shifted and warped. New Water spread and flowed, seemingly springing from the earth itself. New rivers criscrossed the land, in time settling in two new lakes. Some of the Water even meshed with a lake of Milk, creating a turbulent, muddy mixture of Whey. The Action rattled the land, sending cracks spreading through several forests of Glass, weakening them and their growth.

The Aqueau, for their part, were pleased! While the God had not spoken to them directly, they could percieve him through his Action - such freedom! More Water than ever before! They cavorted and flipped through their new home, and called out in joy to one another and to their God. He must love them, because he had done this thing for them! But they wanted to know MORE!

”Oh Illarin, you who have done so much for us, we beseech you for aid! You have spread our territory across the land - surely you have a plan for us! We need to know your desires! Should we experiment with the world?

(Aqueau have Expanded Territory - and keep in mind they move fastest underwater, so more rivers mean they can get from place to place much faster. As part of this they are also more keen to Explore!)

Watching the Laitache tromping across the plains, Sullo deemed that they required differentiation from the other People. He reached out with his essence and merely swept their excess Weight away, leaving them much slimmer. The touch of a God awoke them and they stood and cavorted with their newfound agility. They danced in their herds and bellowed well into the night, free of the mass that had held them down as beasts.

At long last, they fell to the ground laughing, gazing into the sky. They knew the name of their God by feel, and they spoke to him in their multitudes.

”Sullo, ye of great and variable Weight! We call upon you in our time of need! Well, ‘need’ is perhaps a strong word - we merely wish to show our love for you! You have lifted the weight from our shoulders, and we wish to show our gratitude. Please, tell us: How should we worship you?

(The Laitache have become Agile and Light - and lost Slow)

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 8, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Wisping is way more fun than I was afraid it might be! Seems like if you get enough Wisps together you essentially have veto power over a God; you can make a good roll terrible and a bad roll amazing. Maybe it's time we get a Congress of Wisps together and start dictating terms. ;)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Wisping is way more fun than I was afraid it might be! Seems like if you get enough Wisps together you essentially have veto power over a God; you can make a good roll terrible and a bad roll amazing. Maybe it's time we get a Congress of Wisps together and start dictating terms. ;)

Quite so - but don't forget you can downvote people! Y'all are too nice!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Dibs on head of the Wisp Senate Committee on Appropriations!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

dog kisser posted:

Quite so - but don't forget you can downvote people! Y'all are too nice!

See, that's kind of what I'm saying! "Hey Gods - do the poo poo us Wisps want you to or else your actions might not work out so well for you, you know what I'm sayin'? It's a nice divinity you got here... be a shame if somethin' were to happen to it..."

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
" 'S a nice temple ya got there. I think we'll...

Take it."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
You put water into the milk
You put, WATER into the MILK
You took the sacred full fat milky goodness and diluted it into 1% fat milk!

This is not just heresy this is EXTRA FAT HERESY!

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Sullo, God of Weight
3/3 HP

As the Laitache looked to Sullo for divine advice on how to worship their god, they felt in their minds a simple message. A message of Balance. Balance between Light and Heavy, work and play, gain for the self and for the community. As you prosper, so too, equally, shall others. In this way of Balance, Sullo is happy.

However, Sullo knew, lifting the minds and bodies of the Laitache had unbalanced them. Their bodies agile and swift. Their minds far above the common beast. The Laitache needed a companion of great Weight.
Sullo touched the minds of the Laitache, filling them with new ideas, knowledge, and purpose. They would tame great beasts, mold them to better carry the Laitache, and their burdens.
The Laitache would be light, agile, and free-thinking. The beasts would be heavy, strong, and follow orders.
Their combined Weight coming to balance each other. Working together as companions so that each lives a better life.
1d20 = 1:siren:

... But perhaps the Laitache were not ready to befriend the beasts of this new land...

• Locked thread