Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

DrVenkman posted:

As someone on Twitter said, this is what happens when the head of your studio has an MBA and doesn't know anything about Art.

Thats every major studio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
ya srsly

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tars Tarkas posted:

So WB has decided the less on from Batman v Superman is to make less films and focus more on big tentpoles.

The industry continues to eat itself.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Does this mean no Khal Drogo on a Seahorse movie? :ohdear:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

turtlecrunch posted:

Does this mean no Khal Drogo on a Seahorse movie? :ohdear:

The opposite; WB greenlit two more DC movies (probably a Suicide Squad sequel and a Batfleck film).

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
yaaaaaaas thank you Hollywood

e:

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 6, 2016

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

fatherboxx posted:

Thats every major studio

Did the Sony leaks teach us nothing?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Channing Tatum being a world class pro at writing emails should have been the main takeaway

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nobody likes Angelina Jolie?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

This sounds like a pretty good way to pregame for the movie.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I have no desire to watch an hour and a half long action sequence, that just sounds draining

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

turtlecrunch posted:

e:

I really like it when bad reviews that unintentionally make me really want to see the movie they're bashing.

Like when I read an old review for Cruising that complained that violent American films were destroying all culture and soon they'd really be murdering people on camera to cater to the increasingly bloodthirsty audience. The reviewer than added that as bad as the violence was it was nothing compared to the "deviant sodomite scene" the film depicts. A scene that almost made him throw up. He also adds that "[The gay clubs] the film features are predominantly frequented by homos with sadistic tendencies. Black leather is the uniform of these scum. To see them writhe around on a smokey dance-floor to the beat of frenzied disco music is like gazing into a pit of vipers.".

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Sounds like that reviewer really liked the film.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

turtlecrunch posted:

e:

Well I'm sold.

Can't wait.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

turtlecrunch posted:

e:

I don't think his intention was getting me even more excited to see that movie but that's what he did.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

I really like it when bad reviews that unintentionally make me really want to see the movie they're bashing.

Like when I read an old review for Cruising that complained that violent American films were destroying all culture and soon they'd really be murdering people on camera to cater to the increasingly bloodthirsty audience. The reviewer than added that as bad as the violence was it was nothing compared to the "deviant sodomite scene" the film depicts. A scene that almost made him throw up. He also adds that "[The gay clubs] the film features are predominantly frequented by homos with sadistic tendencies. Black leather is the uniform of these scum. To see them writhe around on a smokey dance-floor to the beat of frenzied disco music is like gazing into a pit of vipers.".

I remember one reviewer calling Home Alone 'Straw Dogs for kids' in a negative review (Home Alone is "rotten" on RT).

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tars Tarkas posted:

So WB has decided the less on from Batman v Superman is to make less films and focus more on big tentpoles.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-mulls-releasing-films-881265

Oooh! Is this when we start predicting the imminent collapse of the film industry again? :dance:

I'd like to think they taught us to laugh again.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Random Stranger posted:

Oooh! Is this when we start predicting the imminent collapse of the film industry again? :dance:

You'd figure the people who keep on saying that everyone is getting tired of superhero movies wouldn't shut up about it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like the Death Note movie is actually going to happen this time as Netflix has picked up distribution for it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Fourth? Nemesis, Into Darkness, and what else?

ST09

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

What makes this funnier to me is the photo.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this? posted:

Looks like the Death Note movie is actually going to happen this time as Netflix has picked up distribution for it.

Is this the one helmed by Wingard, or did that possibility come and go already?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

muscles like this? posted:

In the 80s I read the "Guardians of the Flame" book series which had college students transported to a D&D knock off by their DM. The difference with that one though was that the students were transformed physically into their characters, which really sucked for one guy as he was playing a character who had previously lost an arm.

Giddamnit I knew it

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

Is this the one helmed by Wingard, or did that possibility come and go already?

Avclub says it's Wingard, I still wish Barrett was writing it personally!!!

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

teagone posted:

You could go see "Hardcore Henry" - or you could grab my arms and hit me with my own fists while chanting, "stop hitting yourself" and then throw me into a locker while the girl of my dreams laughs and agrees to go to prom with you.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was very drunk and high during Hardcore Henry and it was amazing.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

teagone posted:

Man who looks like a giant egg is afraid of falling.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Mr. Right, the Anna Kendrick/Sam Rockwell/Tim Roth hitman romantic comedy written by Max Landis, is being dumped this weekend in 25 theaters. One of those 25 theaters is right here in St. Louis, the Keller Plaza 8, a second-run movie theater way out in the suburbs. Unlike the other Anna Kendrick movie being dumped (Get A Job), it sports a respectable 50% on Rotten Tomatoes so it's mysterious why it's not getting wider release.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Gobbeldygook posted:

Mr. Right, the Anna Kendrick/Sam Rockwell/Tim Roth hitman romantic comedy written by Max Landis, is being dumped this weekend in 25 theaters. One of those 25 theaters is right here in St. Louis, the Keller Plaza 8, a second-run movie theater way out in the suburbs. Unlike the other Anna Kendrick movie being dumped (Get A Job), it sports a respectable 50% on Rotten Tomatoes so it's mysterious why it's not getting wider release.
Hopefully it represents another step towards Max Landis pissing off forever.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No he needs to keep making good screenwriting videos on his YouTube page.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I'd settle for him just making more videos about comics that rip off Drunk History.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
A good humbling would be good for him. More youtube videos would be good for us all.

Let's hope for both.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

Hopefully it represents another step towards Max Landis pissing off forever.

Netflix just paid him 3 million dollars for a script.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Netflix just paid him 3 million dollars for a script.
OK?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

A good humbling would be good for him. More youtube videos would be good for us all.

Let's hope for both.

I doubt Max Landis possesses the ability to feel humble.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

turtlecrunch posted:

e:

I chose to not attend a free screening of Hardcore Henry on Monday.

I chose wisely.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I plan on seeing Hardcore Henry as soon as it comes out. Only those friends of mine with the strongest of constitutions are expected to survive. Hell I might see in in 4D IMAX up in Seoul because why the gently caress not?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

My impression of Hardcore Henry just from the trailer is that while some of the stunt work looks nice, I was tired of the gimmick by the end of the trailer.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I kinda wish the old Doom movie had committed go the gimmick as much as Hardcore Henry does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

That 'Wrestling Isn't Wrestling' video he did was pretty good and I wouldn't object to another.

• Locked thread