Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi,

remember to call your parents every once in a while everyone. they probably miss you and would love to hear about what youre doing with your life these days

I don't have parents :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

haha I"m not even putting a cat there

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its pretty obvious that they are hurting for engineers and losing any of them is a massive blow. If they lose the main crytek guy the entire engine will probably start bursting from the seams.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Screams eeeEEE posted:

I don't have parents :(
Sorry for your loss.

Screams eeeEEE posted:

haha I"m not even putting a cat there
But there's no need to take it out on us.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

Oh, I asked a question on Amazon about one of the Stimperial devices we were looking at earlier and I've got a response:

:eyepop:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It is also telling that some of those people that quit/left/whatever have sworn off ever working on video games ever again, due to star citizen being so toxic. They still are having problems hiring, and I am sure people are giving glowing reviews about working there in private circles.

paaarp.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Ms. Brown is not going to be offered a Stimperial contract with such a laissez faire attitude to electricity.
Looks like she'll be getting her bones replaced with liquid metal.

Mr Fronts posted:

The limited settings on that are very disappointing.

Heartbreaking.

e: At least one leaver who writes a book about this needs to title it "The Sickening and Heartbreaking Truths of Working for CIG."

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Palisader posted:

Except the early minecraft actually showed a potential for fun. Do you honestly think the PU is ever going to be anything approaching enjoyable?

Outside of "spot the hilarious bug"

Most early alphas of successful games are measurably fun.

CIG's early alpha is measurably Stimperial.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
I mean, watching SC gameplay is like watching a wounded soldier limping across the desert carrying his entrails whispering "help?"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thirsty Dog posted:

Fuzzknot wasn't run out of the thread by Goons, fuzzknot dialed up the psycho to 11 and got herself probated for being too crazy for this, the Derek Smart Star Citizen Thread. Bootcha, the man who thought it was a good idea to give Chris Roberts hundreds of thousands of dollars, decided to quit the thread in solidarity.

This would be the weirdest thread on SA if people posting like idiots didn't get criticism. Including me, natch. This thread can be such a weird bubble at times.

Not going to lie I wasn't actually paying any attention to fuzzknot when that happened.

So at the very least I do practice what I preach.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Daztek posted:

Replace "VR" with "fun" in that Cymelion post

gently caress that, replace it with Star Citizen & it sounds like an "honest defense" of the game from a denizen of the brown sea.

(I had done the first half of the rant doing just that before I accidentally crashed my browser & lost it.)

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

this thread has gotten really stale

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its pretty obvious that they are hurting for engineers and losing any of them is a massive blow. If they lose the main crytek guy the entire engine will probably start bursting from the seams.

I don't speak German so not checked F42 Frankfurt office on linkedin for leavers, a couple left a while back I think. F42 UK I think they aren't bothered as Erin Roberts will just move them to a different game after this is all over, Austin has maybe 40+ still there, HOLLYWOOD around the same 40+.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Lime Tonics posted:

It is also telling that some of those people that quit/left/whatever have sworn off ever working on video games ever again, due to star citizen being so toxic. They still are having problems hiring, and I am sure people are giving glowing reviews about working there in private circles.

paaarp.

There's no way that anyone with significant experience who thought about working at CIG since the start of the endtimes doesn't have people they trust, and who trust them "on the inside". This makes it so CIG can only really able to hire inexperienced and untested newbloods. This kinda rings true when you think about how on earth Ryan Archer got, and kept his job.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I love how they are saying stretch goals are delaying the game, and then saying, there was never any scope creep.

lol. I expect a lot of double speak in the coming months on why such and such is how it is, when a few years back they were defending how it SHOULD BE this way. Expect more lost seats and broken goals.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg

Chris Roberts has just watched that and almost finished a long email to CIG leads about changes he wants to make.

gently caress...!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

comatose posted:

Maybe we're people with fish teeth. Makes you think.

This has seriously hosed with me

I am feeling evolutionary grief

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Star Citizen: Literally the Dashcon Ball Pit

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Not going to lie I wasn't actually paying any attention to fuzzknot when that happened.

So at the very least I do practice what I preach.

You're definitely doing it better than me.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaerael posted:

:agreed:

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

TheLastRoboKy posted:

The derelict was inside them all along.

This is a very real possibility thanks to their quality physics code.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4dq9y4/a_reminder_on_the_difficulties_of_vr/?sort=new

quote:

As a guy who is anxiously awaiting his vive, and would love to be able to play SC on it... I'm ashamed of my peers. Especially since CIG has stated many times that VR is in the plan.
I'd love to see VR support in SC, I'd love to see it in all the games, but I don't get this NOW NOW NOW YOU MUST BOW TO MY WISHES bullshit.
Maybe I'm just old (I owned a virtual boy...) but to me this is like the argument between mouse/kb and HOTAS or inverted aim, PC vs Console. There's never room for inclusion, it's my way or else with everything.
CIG has stated they love VR and they want it to be an option. Expecting it now or even from the ground up is unreasonable. My TrackIR doesn't work anymore, the menus hate my surround setup, but I know both of those are also in the pipe. People need to relax.
As for the other side, the equally vitriolic 'VR is a gimmick, so gently caress off' people... they can probably stand to relax as well (not talking to you Cymelion, you've got charm) More options is better, and we VR people know it might turn out to be a gimmick. that fear is probably a serious impetus behind the bad behaviour (not an excuse though).
As for me, I'm anxiously awaiting VR support in SC, but I can bide my time in Elite, Valkyrie and other games while I wait, as I have been, for The Best drat Space Sim Ever.

:gary:

Can someone put a Rift on Gary please?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Toops posted:

I mean, watching SC gameplay is like watching a wounded soldier limping across the desert carrying his entrails whispering "help?"

I can only stomach it filtered through pgabz's eyes

I don't believe anyone else who claims to play and enjoy it

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Xaerael posted:

May I add a teeny addendum

Star Citizen: Literally the Dashcon Ball Pit but with less balls and more piss

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

I've gotta say it, I'm pretty proud of myself for that one.

NightWig
Aug 12, 2013

I haven't been able to read this thread for a few days and thus had to skip 100 pages since based Smart made the code. Anyone cracked it?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Also, watching multiplayer, that noise the player makes when running is supposed to be grenades bouncing off each other. They are no grenades in this game. If grenades are implemented and you run out, will the grenade jiggling noise exist? Oh and the rifle is broken? You can get shot by that thing for what seems like forever and not die from it. Then, usually a ship clips through the map and explodes. I am surprised no one streams multiplayer much, it's the best part of the game!!!!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Lime Tonics posted:

We should have sex toy themed names for todays AtV show. They are still going to do the shows right?

Remember guys WING COMMANDER SPECIAL in 2 w..days.
Love the new avatar, Lime Tonics.

I hope AtV reveals the Ship Sales Floor is imminent. I really want to see the champagne trays, wowed customerw, barking salespeople and (supposedly) the long overdue introduction of female models to the game. There's sure to be much hilarity when that happens, and I'm really curios the sort of choices they make there...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
This just in: Croberts has announced that Squadron 42 will follow a ragged band of resistance fighters as they try and wrestle the plans to a doomsdayweapon out of the hands of a evil superpower. More to follow.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

NightWig posted:

I haven't been able to read this thread for a few days and thus had to skip 100 pages since based Smart made the code. Anyone cracked it?

Did. It was nothing.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

NightWig posted:

april fools

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

BigglesSWE posted:

This just in: Croberts has announced that Squadron 42 will follow a ragged band of resistance fighters as they try and wrestle the plans to a doomsdayweapon out of the hands of a evil superpower. More to follow.

I would like to dogfight you in star citizen.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

stimperial eyendoctrination chamber

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4drgq8/need_help_designing_a_sim_pit/

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

there can be no escape from the immersion

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
how on earth is this the fastest moving thread on the forums when theres nothing going on

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

how will i explain this to my dinner guests

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

SurfaceDetail posted:

how on earth is this the fastest moving thread on the forums when theres nothing going on

idk im making fun of this guys sim pit and enjoying that

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Happy Sisyphus posted:

"...and this is where I masturbate when the kids have their friends over."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Happy Sisyphus posted:

Easy. You don't ever have any.

• Locked thread