Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Scathach posted:

Truly the best troll.

Anyway I really want to try that bubble tea, it looks weird and probably tastes awesome.

You live in Seattle but haven't had bubble tea? Go to Yunnie's, they're on the Ave. Best non-alcoholic drink out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I always expect to like bubble tea but the tapioca balls taste and feel like Vaseline and I see no redeeming upside to it whatsoever

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
Just ask for no tapioca. Usually there's options for other additions like various jellies etc or just have nothing if you don't like drinks with bits.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I've heard there are some tasty fruit jelly balls. I think I can deal with that. Honestly I haven't seen much of Seattle at all so any food/drink suggestions are totally welcome.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scathach has a new favorite as of 04:22 on Apr 7, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

In Seattle, there's a circus themed bar by the needle that I liked where you could play basketball while you drink. There was also a bar with like a million pin ball machines sort of near there. Seattle was a lot of fun.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Pham Nuwen posted:

Regular Coke, in the US at least, is so sticky and mouth-coatingly syrupy that I can't drink more than one small rum & coke without feeling like I need to brush my teeth. If I want to get a mixed-drink drunk on, I pull out the Coke Zero because it's less offensively artificial (to my tastebuds) than Diet Coke. Other advantage: if you get drunk and spill it, it's not sticky like regular Coke.

Regular Coke, in the US, uses corn syrup which sucks in general. I agree that it's gross. These days, I try to only buy pop/soda that lists "sugar". Mexican Coke always seems better but maybe that's just me.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

mostlygray posted:

Regular Coke, in the US, uses corn syrup which sucks in general. I agree that it's gross. These days, I try to only buy pop/soda that lists "sugar". Mexican Coke always seems better but maybe that's just me.

Mexicoke is good but still a bit sticky-sweet for my taste.

Mr. Tibbs
Aug 4, 2012

They call me Mister Tibbs!
I tried balut this past weekend at a Filipino restaurant in New York. Sorry I did not get a picture, but I figure a lot of people know what it would have looked like, which is to say absolutely horrifying.

It tasted alright. Way more wet than I would have imagined. You're supposed to crack a hole and suck out the fluid, which tasted like a pleasant salty and savory broth. Overall it tasted like a creamier, more savory hardboiled egg.

It really came down to me not liking hardboiled eggs very much.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

But.....but, there's like feathers and poo poo in it.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Solice Kirsk posted:

But.....but, there's like feathers and poo poo in it.

wet, slimy feathers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I honestly don't think I could even try balut without gagging and throwing up on the person next to me

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
I have a queasy stomach when it comes to gross food in person. One of my old bosses brought Balut to a potluck at work, and once I saw what it was I had to make a mad dash to the bathroom.

I was not alone. My old boss was kind of a dick.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

bringmyfishback, Peep soda!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

cbservo posted:

I have a queasy stomach when it comes to gross food in person. One of my old bosses brought Balut to a potluck at work, and once I saw what it was I had to make a mad dash to the bathroom.

I was not alone. My old boss was kind of a dick.

Who in the gently caress interprets "potluck" in this way

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

Data Graham posted:

We had a very multicultural company. (Genetic testing lab) and the potluck was supposed to be people bringing ethnic food from their countries.

My boss was not Philippino in any way. He was a dick.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Data Graham posted:

It's luck as to what you get in the pot, sounds pretty straightforward to me

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yes but I usually figure bad "luck" at a potluck would mean getting someone's crappy bean casserole, or wanda's macaroni salad

not loving Balut

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

my brother tried every one of those... apparently the Turkey & Gravy was a tad too salty.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

cash crab posted:

bringmyfishback, Peep soda!

FFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My best friend is meeting me in Tokyo next month; I may make him find a bottle of this and bring it to me.

I feel like Peeps Milk would be better, but then I would drink a gallon of milk every day if I didn't have to walk 40 minutes to the store that sells milk.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Uhhhhh i'm not going crazy right?
The Peeps soda image is just bad photoshop.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Golden Goat posted:

Uhhhhh i'm not going crazy right?
The Peeps soda image is just bad photoshop.

No, you're thinking of - http://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/jones-soda-flavors/1/

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

"Chicken Verde Tortilla Soup"

Would so hard. I love green chilis

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
This is my first attempt at Gumbo. I never really cooked until recently, when divorce made it kinda necessary.

It tastes fantastic, I SWEAR.

Need to get better at photographing food.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

cbservo posted:

This is my first attempt at Gumbo. I never really cooked until recently, when divorce made it kinda necessary.

If you like gumbo may I suggest a good cassoulet. I also recommend using the unflavored gelatin trick if you don't make your own stock - I did it and it turned out excellent.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

No actual picture, but this made me unhappy and a little sick just to read

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

subpar anachronism posted:

No actual picture, but this made me unhappy and a little sick just to read

Eh. It's dumb and orthorexic but it probably tastes ok. Not as good as real chocolate with cocoa butter and maybe some milk solids, but fine if you like bitter chocolate.

Though since it's coconut oil it shouldn't need to be frozen, it should be solid at room temp.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

cbservo posted:

That actually looks very similar to Trader Joe's refrigerated Thai coconut milk curry. I just had some today and it tastes surprisingly delicious for refrigerated, reheated curry. But it does look pretty unappetizing and dull.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Five little monkeys jumping on the bed.
One fell off and bumped his head.
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said,
"No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

And all I saw was something like this

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

EorayMel posted:

Those are figs right?

Picnic Princess posted:

I think you might be holding onto too much Insight pal, cause that looks delicious(top image anyways)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is that a pizza-topped burger-stuffed calzone?!

Where?! Wherewherewhere?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It's called the Pizza Burger and it's at Boston Pizza in Canada.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pizza burgers in the states are just regular burgers but with mozzarella and pizza sauce thrown on it. Guess this means I'm gonna have to go to Canada. They have them in Toronto right?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Probably. My husband ordered one the other day (Calgary) and didn't really like it. He said that with the sealed "bun" and only meat and cheese inside, all the grease stayed inside and it was a very unappealing texture. I ended up eating his leftovers because he only had half but by then it was just a congealed thick hockey puck of bread and meat.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

by then it was just a congealed thick hockey puck of bread and meat.

To be fair this is also the state of a hot pizza burger.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Picnic Princess posted:

Every time I see one of these I tell myself that I should make it for dinner and then I forget but this weekend I will definitely make one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

EorayMel posted:

Figs are yummy but give passion fruit a run for its money in 'things I don't really want to put in my mouth' stakes

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Passion fruits are like eating delicious frog eggs.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Would and where can I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Picnic Princess posted:

It's called the Pizza Burger and it's at Boston Pizza in Canada.

I've always enjoyed how Canada has apparently decided that Boston is where pizza comes from