Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

kizudarake posted:

A man's desire to change careers causes conflict with his coworkers.
Grosse Pointe Blank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Random Hajile posted:

Grosse Pointe Blank?

Sorry, no.

Hint on both: they were made after Y2k

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Time-traveller commits crimes and causes multiple deaths, lives happily ever after

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Vlad the Retailer posted:

Time-traveller commits crimes and causes multiple deaths, lives happily ever after

Next?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Vlad the Retailer posted:

Butterfly effect?

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

I was going for Run Lola Run but those work too

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

YeahTubaMike posted:

-a seriously injured woman falls in love with her time-traveling brother's best friend.
-a young man is dragged on a woodsy retreat where he is beaten, shot, and stabbed by his friends.

no takers? i need to stop watching weird movies that nobody likes.

here's another: a group of people celebrates when they learn that one of their coworkers has won an office-wide lottery.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

A reclusive genius suffers a headache when he and his old friend reunite for a chess game and are joined by the very monster they helped create.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
A troubled veteran is attempting to start a new life and move past his trauma. He loses his cool and has a heated dispute with his old supervisor.

Its not Rambo.

A brand-new executive struggles to repair a company's public image. Forced to resolve internal politics and a hostile work environment; the solution becomes to exploit a group of counter-corporate activists to destroy another executive's life work.

A rich old man on the brink of death sacrifices his entire empire in order to reconnect with his estranged family.

A family of prospectors makes a discovery that changes their town forever, but it forces their daughter to go into hiding.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Unfunny rear end in a top hat mocks the terminally ill on their death beds.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Otisburg posted:

a caterer hides a stolen military weapon, eventually convincing its creators to be her accomplices.

short circuit?

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

MariusLecter posted:

Patch Adams?

kizudarake posted:

Sorry, no.

Hint on both: they were made after Y2k

Wild T fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 7, 2016

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

the ghostbusters 2016 promos

YeahTubaMike posted:

no takers? i need to stop watching weird movies that nobody likes.

here's another: a group of people celebrates when they learn that one of their coworkers has won an office-wide lottery.

ex machina

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
A girl's night out results in a routine delivery going bad.

Despite lying down on the job, a man decides to get revenge on buisiness minded co-worker.

Criminal Bureaucrat schemes to take over a multi-national communications company in order to give it to his girlfriend.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Wild T posted:

Patch Adams?

{spoiler]yep[/spoiler]

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

Wild T posted:

A rich old man on the brink of death sacrifices his entire empire in order to reconnect with his estranged family.

Magnolia?

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Laderhan posted:

Magnolia?

Nope!

Along the way, the man loses his son and ultimately, his own life.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

BirryJoru posted:

Half Baked

Yes!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ymgve posted:

Armageddon.

eXistenz?

eXistenz is correct

Armageddon is a good guess but I was looking for Sunshine

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Man adopts dog. Dozens upon dozens are dead.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
A malevolent force of nature ruins a marriage engagement and gets a divorced couple back together.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Keromaru5 posted:

An embezzler flees to California, but then reconsiders her criminal ways after stopping at a motel.

A father tries to support his children alone in the country while his wife is in the hospital.

Psycho and My Neighbor Totoro

Keromaru5 posted:

I don't think I ever saw anyone answer this:

Sunset Boulevard
Yup!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wild T posted:

A troubled veteran is attempting to start a new life and move past his trauma. He loses his cool and has a heated dispute with his old supervisor.

Its not Rambo.

Nope, it's The Incredibles.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Wild T posted:

Don't think I'm right but Star Wars?

--

Two disturbed pedophiles interchangeably stalk each other and their damaged, kidnapped tween victim.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Incorrect.

crowoutofcontext posted:

Don't think I'm right but Star Wars?

Also incorrect.

Major clues for these is that they are all science fiction action films.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 7, 2016

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

MariusLecter posted:

i am legend?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

YeahTubaMike posted:

i am legend?

Nope.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

MariusLecter posted:

John Wick

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Winner :)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

several setbacks befall a pair of factory employees who are trying to bring a play to life with the help of their coworkers

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Jonny 290 posted:

Haven't seen it yet so blind guess Solaris?
A good blind guess! But an incorrect one :(

Correct!

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
Reposting

Movie 1

Absolute Lithops posted:

Two friends come across a troubled young runaway and form an unlikely family. The trio are kindhearted and well-meaning, but lead a slightly dissolute lifestyle. Years pass, and the runaway decides to return to his family. The reunion gets off to a rocky start, but all problems are quickly resolved. The ex-runaway's family welcome and accept his surrogate parents.

In case it wasn't clear, the runaway returns to his biological family, and the surrogate parents are the two friends from the first sentence

A couple more clues: The runaway's childhood sweetheart convinces him to return to his biological family. The runaway and the sweetheart later have a baby together, and the movie ends as they, and the community, celebrate its birth. (I'm using "its" because the baby's gender isn't mentioned -- it's not a robot or anything like that)

Movie 2

Absolute Lithops posted:

Against a backdrop of crushing industrialization, a working-class woman perceives an unusual business opportunity. Through hard work and perspicacity, she establishes herself as a successful businesswoman. Meanwhile, her upstairs neighbor helps a young couple elope.

dobbymoodge posted:

delicatessen?

Sorry :( But surprisingly, that movie shares a major plot element with Movie 2 -- a plot element I didn't mention before.

And clues for a movie I haven't posted yet:
A woman in haute couture eats her lover in front of her cu*ked husband (the woman's husband, not the lover's). "Cu*ked" is the word you think it is.

vvv Exactly

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 7, 2016

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

do you mean "cucked" ?

e: oh

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Adix posted:

is this a new kind of internet funny?

batsman begins

This is correct, sorry for the late response.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Applewhite posted:

A group of slaves travel across the country to be reunited with their master.

Digging up old post but Brave Little Toaster

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Absolute Lithops posted:

Psycho and My Neighbor Totoro
Correct!

The other two were:

quote:

A former opera singer reminisces about the man who helped her make her debut. Citizen Kane

An old man fights boredom by going out and dining with new people. Vampire Hunter D

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

A translation error results in the slaughter of over half of a rescue party.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Of the six characters introduced, only the autistic one survives.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

a guy helps his cross-dressing schizo friend come to terms with his existence

Neurion posted:

Of the six characters introduced, only the autistic one survives.

cube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Bingo.

Dad really doesn't like his kid touching his stuff.

• Locked thread