Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
What's the current go-to model of display for a 27" 1440p IPS with least glow? G-Sync would be nice, but purely optional.

--edit:
What about the Dell S2716DG? I know it's a TN panel, but people are swooning about it having decent color reproduction and none of the IPS glow and BLB bullshit.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

HMS Boromir posted:

Is this monitor just godawful or something? I have a tiny low res TN myself and the color shift is noticeable but not too bad, and fairly even across the entire screen. On the other hand, there's a gaggle of these I've had the displeasure of working with and I swear there's no angle you can look at them from where half the screen doesn't look washed out. I just figured they were low quality TNs but apparently they're VA and I haven't heard nearly enough bad things about VA to account for these things.

Low-quality is low-quality no matter the tech, and the cheap Acer monitors are notoriously bad. Personally I think Acer's quality-control is bottom of the barrel even on their high-end products and it only gets worse on a $100 junker monitor.

The reality is that you really need to budget at least $200 for a monitor that isn't going to make you hate yourself. If you really insist on going low end at least get one of the Dell monitors or something.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 6, 2016

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Combat Pretzel posted:

What's the current go-to model of display for a 27" 1440p IPS with least glow? G-Sync would be nice, but purely optional.

IPS, G-sync, and no glow. Pick two. And honestly you're really always rolling the dice on glow.

If money is no object, the Dell U2715H is really nice and is probably your best shot on glow. Maybe watch for a sale/coupon on the Dell Outlet. There is also a BenQ GW2765HT - not quite as nice but cheaper. No G-sync on any of those.

The Acer XB270HU is a nice gaming panel with 144hz refresh and G-sync. There's also the Asus PB278Q. If you are willing to roll the dice, there's also the Korean panels. The QNIX QX2710 is $200 and has a PWM backlight, the Crossover 2795QHD is $300 and has a DC backlight. All of these are VA and you are rolling the dice big-time on glow.

If you can yield on the IPS/VA thing, Dell also makes the S2716DG which is a really nice TN monitor that fits the bill perfectly. And with TN you know you're not getting glow.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

What about the Dell S2716DG? I know it's a TN panel, but people are swooning about it having decent color reproduction and none of the IPS glow and BLB bullshit.

I just ordered one of these from Amazon, so if you can wait through the weekend I can give my impressions then.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

HMS Boromir posted:

Is this monitor just godawful or something? I have a tiny low res TN myself and the color shift is noticeable but not too bad, and fairly even across the entire screen. On the other hand, there's a gaggle of these I've had the displeasure of working with and I swear there's no angle you can look at them from where half the screen doesn't look washed out. I just figured they were low quality TNs but apparently they're VA and I haven't heard nearly enough bad things about VA to account for these things.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-V226HQL-UM-WV6AA-B01-21-5-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B00N9VJV0M

Acer recycles model numbers and quietly tacks on a hard-to-read suffix that distinguishes a superior model to one with a TN panel.

This is also a thing they did with the much more expensive XB270HU and it's really scummy and deceptive of them, in my opinion.

Zorilla fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 6, 2016

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Zorilla posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-V226HQL-UM-WV6AA-B01-21-5-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B00N9VJV0M

Acer recycles model numbers and quietly tacks on a hard-to-read suffix that distinguishes a superior model to one with a TN panel.

This is also a thing they did with the much more expensive XB270HU and it's really scummy and deceptive of them, in my opinion.

Ah. So, a garbage monitor from a garbage manufacturer. Got it.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

HMS Boromir posted:

Ah. So, a garbage monitor from a garbage manufacturer. Got it.

Gamma shift on VA panels causing washed out colors is a concern, but only in extreme cases like using a 40" monitor from 2.5 feet away (a real scenario from when I tried out a Seiki SM40UNP). If you had difficulty finding a viewing position on a relatively dinky 24", it would have almost been certainly TN.

Zorilla fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 7, 2016

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I bought a refurbished XB271HU today, and it looks amazing, no dead pixels or anything, but there's like a half-inch vertical scratch on the bottom right of the screen. :(

They only had a single refurbished one, so no chance of a timely replacement, and a new one costs $300 (Canadian) more. This sucks.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

My brother is building a computer and looking for a monitor to go with it
he was looking at this one: http://www.lg.com/hk_en/monitors/lg-27UD68-W
im not really a monitor expert but 500 seems kind of low for a monitor like that, its biggest flaw being 60Hz, but honestly, that's all he's used to in the first place
its a 4K IPS panel with okay response time (but maybe the response is actually worse than it says), which are the most important parts for him, but i want to know if im missing something that makes it terrible
its also really new as far as i can tell so its hard to find reviews for it

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Does he acknowledge that a 4K screen is consigning him to expensive video cards if he wants to game on it at native resolution?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

RME posted:

My brother is building a computer and looking for a monitor to go with it
he was looking at this one: http://www.lg.com/hk_en/monitors/lg-27UD68-W
im not really a monitor expert but 500 seems kind of low for a monitor like that, its biggest flaw being 60Hz, but honestly, that's all he's used to in the first place
its a 4K IPS panel with okay response time (but maybe the response is actually worse than it says), which are the most important parts for him, but i want to know if im missing something that makes it terrible
its also really new as far as i can tell so its hard to find reviews for it

Looks nice enough. Has FreeSync, which will be nice since you will have trouble driving 60fps in a lot of games.

4K monitors are not really as expensive as people think they are - you can get a TN panel in 24" or 28" for under $250 pretty regularly and even IPS 27" panels are down under $500 at this point, sometimes under $400 if you catch a good sale. These days all you can really complain about is the fact that it takes a pretty hefty GPU to run 4K at playable framerates in most (but not all) games, and that it isn't 144hz or ultrawide. The ppi is also rather high even at 27", most people do need a bit of DPI scaling for text to be legible, but you know that going in. And it translates into a lot of screen real-estate for productivity tasks.

It's not really a big deal, you can always drop to 1080p for specific games that don't perform well. Mad Max, Titanfall, and Fallout 4 all work fine at 4K medium settings on my 780 Ti and will be just as good on a 970. In games where you need to drop to 1080p you can usually crank settings up to Ultra instead.

Lately I've started running The Division at 1440p and it looks fine too. I think the NVIDIA drivers are scaling my output to my P2715Q's native 4K, and it looks much better than it used to. The drivers must be doing some antialiasing or something.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 7, 2016

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Combat Pretzel posted:

--edit:

I'm looking for a gaming monitor and I'm increasingly considering a S2716DG. A refurb'd XB270HU for $400 would be nice but Acer packs refurb monitors very poorly and then there's the IPS bleed lottery. For a 16:9 panel the S2716DG seems like the safest option.

Acer had X34 refurbs for $700 a while back, I would still probably give it a shot at that price but they've cranked them to $830 and beyond for poorly packed refurbs that have a chance of having scanline issues when overclocked.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Paul MaudDib posted:

I'm looking for a gaming monitor and I'm increasingly considering a S2716DG. A refurb'd XB270HU for $400 would be nice but Acer packs refurb monitors very poorly and then there's the IPS bleed lottery. For a 16:9 panel the S2716DG seems like the safest option.

Acer had X34 refurbs for $700 a while back, I would still probably give it a shot at that price but they've cranked them to $830 and beyond for poorly packed refurbs.

It's the best quality TN I've ever owned. My older Dell IPS still beats it out in color but honestly even viewing angles aren't too bad.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

NickPancakes posted:

It's the best quality TN I've ever owned. My older Dell IPS still beats it out in color but honestly even viewing angles aren't too bad.

Do you have any ghosting? I had really bad ghosting on my Acer B286HK and that made me kinda leery of TN. It didn't show up too bad in gaming but it was really unpleasant for productivity or browsing. I think it had a hardcoded overdrive setting that was really aggressive. I sold it like 8 months ago but I'm looking at it again and some people say that enabling PiP mode fixes it (probably turns the overdrive off).

Dell has great build quality so it's probably fine, just curious.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 7, 2016

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

Paul MaudDib posted:

All of these are VA and you are rolling the dice big-time on glow.

If you can yield on the IPS/VA thing, Dell also makes the S2716DG which is a really nice TN monitor that fits the bill perfectly. And with TN you know you're not getting glow.

You mean AH-VA, which is AUO's IPS technology. AM-VA is the one with deep blacks and is what you get if you really hate IPS bleed and glow and are willing to trade in some pixel response and viewing angle for it. My experience with TN shows that it still glows at the top and bottom when viewed head on.

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Flashing my onyx masonic ring at 5 cent wing n trivia night at Dinglers Sports Bar - Ozma
I have the opportunity to get the following monitor for $150. For my desk it's more ideal than two monitors. I would be using it mainly for gaming. Has anyone here used one of these and/or have a compelling reason for me to look at something else?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025212

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Do note that 27" 2550x1440 is a superset of it in terms of size. Still, that price is a screaming buy if you don't really want to get spendy for more space.

I'm a big fan of the ultrawide form factor as an alternative to two similar height 16:9s in non-gaming tasks and I find it games well, so if a 1440 isn't in the cards it should do well for that and require a bit less video card oomph.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Lovable Luciferian posted:

I have the opportunity to get the following monitor for $150. For my desk it's more ideal than two monitors. I would be using it mainly for gaming. Has anyone here used one of these and/or have a compelling reason for me to look at something else?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025212

It's absolutely tiny vertically and everyone I have talked to who has used one hated it. I know there are a few people who have related bad experiences with it in this thread but it was a long time back so I don't know what page those posts were on. The 29" version is much better but still sort of small feeling. Also keep in mind that it's actually a good bit smaller surface area-wise than a 25" 16:9 screen, about 15% smaller. Another useful measurement is the hight of the screen which is only 9.85" not including the bottom bezel, about the same size as a 20" 16:9 monitor vertically.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah you can easily get the 29" version for $300 new and it has FreeSync, for me it's pretty much the perfect monitor and I'd have to sit uncomfortably close if it were 25"

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

Flashing my onyx masonic ring at 5 cent wing n trivia night at Dinglers Sports Bar - Ozma

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

It's absolutely tiny vertically and everyone I have talked to who has used one hated it. I know there are a few people who have related bad experiences with it in this thread but it was a long time back so I don't know what page those posts were on. The 29" version is much better but still sort of small feeling. Also keep in mind that it's actually a good bit smaller surface area-wise than a 25" 16:9 screen, about 15% smaller. Another useful measurement is the hight of the screen which is only 9.85" not including the bottom bezel, about the same size as a 20" 16:9 monitor vertically.

Is this the version you're talking about? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025112

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

That is (one of)the 29" version(s), here is a review of one of it's variants, the 29UM65: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0i7FjwteQE

My other comments, the stuff about screen area and hight, were about the 25" version you linked before, not the 29" version linked above in your quoted post which is a good choice if you are just gaming on it and not using it for office work and such.

Lovable Luciferian
Jul 10, 2007

After watching that review I think I may be better off making more desk space and adding another monitor. Anyone have suggestions as to what could be a good mate to old reliable here? I'd like to stay under $200 if at all possible.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Anti-Hero posted:

I just ordered one of these from Amazon, so if you can wait through the weekend I can give my impressions then.
Would be cool to hear about it. I can live with color casting that happens on angles I don't sit at to begin with, but I'd like to hear more about the grain of the antiglare coating. I hear different things, some say it's fine, others pretend like it's like sugar grains.

Zorilla posted:

You mean AH-VA, which is AUO's IPS technology. AM-VA is the one with deep blacks and is what you get if you really hate IPS bleed and glow and are willing to trade in some pixel response and viewing angle for it. My experience with TN shows that it still glows at the top and bottom when viewed head on.
As just said, I don't care about a display being able of color accuracy at a 160° viewing angle, I look at my two screens at 90° max (--edit: or whatever, I think I have my angles wrong). 144hz is also purely optional, merely a slight nice to have. Remains to be seen whether said pixel response is an issue in 60hz gaming (I don't play twitchy shooters a la Unreal).

I guess I'll be looking into AM-VA, too. --edit: The 1440p ones all seem 32" only. Too big. :|

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 7, 2016

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

Would be cool to hear about it. I can live with color casting that happens on angles I don't sit at to begin with, but I'd like to hear more about the grain of the antiglare coating. I hear different things, some say it's fine, others pretend like it's like sugar grains.

As just said, I don't care about a display being able of color accuracy at a 160° viewing angle, I look at my two screens at 90° max (--edit: or whatever, I think I have my angles wrong). 144hz is also purely optional, merely a slight nice to have. Remains to be seen whether said pixel response is an issue in 60hz gaming (I don't play twitchy shooters a la Unreal).

I guess I'll be looking into AM-VA, too. --edit: The 1440p ones all seem 32" only. Too big. :|

If I end up not liking the TN Dell I'll go back to IPS monitors and spend a bunch of money on finding one with low glow. My current monitor, a 27" IPS 1440P has very distracting glow in the lower left corner of the screen. I'm OK with IPS glow in general as long as it's evenly distributed across the panel and not heavily concentrated in one specific area. Sadly, all the AU panels in use in the 144 Hz gaming screens seem to have glow/bleed heavily in one or more corners, and that's unacceptable to me.

The glow in this video is OK to me. In fact, anyone have any experience with this monitor? It's expensive as all hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9n4xXpOvmE&t=189s

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I think I've read somewhere that Eizo changed panels eventually for that model. At the beginning they were practically glowless and evenly lit, but at some point this apparently changed. I had it earmarked a while ago.
--edit: Nevermind, I think it was the EV2736.
--edit2: Yeah, unless something like with the EV2736 happens until this summer, I'll be getting the EV2750.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 7, 2016

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
The 2750 model is actually new; you are probably thinking of the 2736, which is what I currently own. The 2736 started out glow-free and eventually Eizo switch the panels out for ones with pretty heavy glow. I ended up keeping my 2736 after a couple of RMAs as I got sick of playing the lottery and grew accustomed to the heavy corner glow, but coming back to my PC after an extended hiatus playing games and movies on my Plasma TV it's prompted me to look at a new monitor.

edit: I'm rolling with the TN Dell as an experiment as I have TN monitors at work and they look fine to me for desktop use. I've never had a high refresh rate monitor for gaming before, but don't want to bother with the IPS Asus and Acer monitors because of QA/QC lotteries, and also I hate the "gamer" aesthetics on them.

On a funny note, somehow my autodimming brightness function was re-enabled on my Eizo. It was really bothering me that my monitor appeared washed out as hell! Now with it properly turned off, and at a brightness that outputs around 120cd/m^2, the colors really really pop. It's a shame about the heavy corner glow.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 7, 2016

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Received the Dell SG2716, oh my is 144 Hz + Gsync such a stark contrast from 60 Hz. I've used the TFT central OSD settings and ICC profile and it looks pretty good, though the colors aren't near as vivid as my Eizo IPS. Not having any IPS glow is pretty great, though I do notice some backlight bleed/clouding around the bottom of the bezel. I'll have to take photos in the evening.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

Anti-Hero posted:

Received the Dell SG2716, oh my is 144 Hz + Gsync such a stark contrast from 60 Hz. I've used the TFT central OSD settings and ICC profile and it looks pretty good, though the colors aren't near as vivid as my Eizo IPS. Not having any IPS glow is pretty great, though I do notice some backlight bleed/clouding around the bottom of the bezel. I'll have to take photos in the evening.

I've noticed this on most TN screens. My guess is that they let more light pass through than IPS screens, which gives them a lower backlight power requirement, but also lets more unintended light pass through. This is especially true at the bottom where the LED light bar is usually located.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Anti-Hero posted:

Received the Dell SG2716, oh my is 144 Hz + Gsync such a stark contrast from 60 Hz. I've used the TFT central OSD settings and ICC profile and it looks pretty good, though the colors aren't near as vivid as my Eizo IPS.
But it isn't some washed out mess, right? As said, I've reports that it's pretty competent colorwise considering it's TN.

Meanwhile I've read things that the panel in the EV2750 is supposedly the same as in the Dell U2715H and some LG one (well, it is a LG panel). This is tricky, whether the extra for Eizo includes QC or just the branding.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

But it isn't some washed out mess, right? As said, I've reports that it's pretty competent colorwise considering it's TN.

Meanwhile I've read things that the panel in the EV2750 is supposedly the same as in the Dell U2715H and some LG one (well, it is a LG panel). This is tricky, whether the extra for Eizo includes QC or just the branding.

Not washed out at all once I applied the TFT central settings. The most important settings is the OSD default brightness is obscenely high at 75. Setting it down to 26 or so really cleans up the image.

I just played about 20 minutes of Hyper Light Drifter, which has very vivid colors, and it looks on-par with my Eizo IPS (I can't A/B them, nor do I want to), with the added bonus of no glow. We'll see how the monitor settles in, but so far I'm extremely pleased with it.

edit: I think we are both reading from the same sources (Hardforum?). I've read that the LG 27MB85R-B is/was the best 60 Hz, 1440P IPS monitor around because of very fast pixel response times, negligible lag (6.8 ms) and very low glow for an IPS panel. If for some reasons I don't stick with this Dell, the LG will be my next purchase. The Eizo 2750 and Dell U2715H both use the same panel as the above LG.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 7, 2016

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I am looking to pick up two monitors, preferably around 24". Their primary use would be for web development (back-end), general browsing, and some gaming. I was initially looking at Dell P2415Q, which seems really nice, but I am starting to wonder if 4K is overkill for my purposes? I intend to use this with both a desktop and a docking station for my Surface Book dev environment. Would something like be more appropriate? I did consider getting one bigger monitor, but I'd like to go with two. Any thoughts on some other monitors I should consider? G-sync and 4K are nice, but not essential, and I tend to like IPS monitors, but it seems like the landscape is more complicated now and IPS's aren't automatically better.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Are the majority of LED monitors edge lit displays or are they full array lit or are they lit from one side?

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

SlayVus posted:

Are the majority of LED monitors edge lit displays or are they full array lit or are they lit from one side?

If there are any full array LED computer monitors, I haven't heard of any. Probably too prone to grid-style backlight uniformity issues for desktop use. Plus, I have yet to see a local dimming implementation that actually works.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Aniki posted:

I am looking to pick up two monitors, preferably around 24". Their primary use would be for web development (back-end), general browsing, and some gaming. I was initially looking at Dell P2415Q, which seems really nice, but I am starting to wonder if 4K is overkill for my purposes? I intend to use this with both a desktop and a docking station for my Surface Book dev environment. Would something like be more appropriate? I did consider getting one bigger monitor, but I'd like to go with two. Any thoughts on some other monitors I should consider? G-sync and 4K are nice, but not essential, and I tend to like IPS monitors, but it seems like the landscape is more complicated now and IPS's aren't automatically better.

From my experience with a surface book and an ultrawide 34", if you're looking at 4K screens I wouldn't discourage you because you could run them at the same zoom as the SB and not have browser windows look like blurry poo poo because supporting per-monitor zoom isn't commonplace. What do you game on, though? 4K is a lot of pixels to push.

plotskee
Mar 10, 2010

Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.
Just ordered a MG279q, here's hoping the 144hz freesync mod works. NCIX has a flash sale in Canada which will be over shortly, $650

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Last call, S2716DG vs refurb Acer XB270HU? I'm really really close to pulling the trigger on the Dell. Anything super lovely about the Dell that I should be aware of?

The only other thing that piqued my interest would be a non-Gsync 29"/1080p or 34"/1440p Dell 21:9, and the X34 which I'm abandoning hope on.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 8, 2016

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I have several posts on this page about how pleased I am with the Dell. I've only ever owned IPS monitors and I don't notice any of the supposed defects of TN panels in this monitor. Get the Dell.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

xthetenth posted:

From my experience with a surface book and an ultrawide 34", if you're looking at 4K screens I wouldn't discourage you because you could run them at the same zoom as the SB and not have browser windows look like blurry poo poo because supporting per-monitor zoom isn't commonplace. What do you game on, though? 4K is a lot of pixels to push.

I could probably stand to upgrade my desktop. It's still decent for general use, but it just feels like there hasn't been much reason for me to upgrade:

CPU: Intel i5-2500k
HD: Samsung 840 Pro
RAM: 8GB
Video: GeForce GTX 670 1GB // This card is a lot older than I realized

I've mainly been playing games like Civ 5 and Cities Skyline, which obviously aren't graphical monsters, but I might try to get back into some shooters like Doom, so I wouldn't be opposed to getting a new video card to drive the monitors. Though development and regular use would be my primary use. I think the main reason I am interested in a 4k screen is that I like the one on my laptop. I'm not opposed to the idea of an ultra wide monitor, but I'm just used to working with 2-3 display setups.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Anti-Hero posted:

I have several posts on this page about how pleased I am with the Dell. I've only ever owned IPS monitors and I don't notice any of the supposed defects of TN panels in this monitor. Get the Dell.

Done. Pulled the trigger on an Amazon Warehouse unit with 5% damage on the top of the casing for $390.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Anti-Hero posted:

I just saw one in person and it's really not bad at all.