Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Stick. A man with senses that good could show you things.

Edit: I guess Nobu if you had a snuff fetish. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, it's gotta be Stick.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Stick's nice and all, but you've really got to go with Luke Cage.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Gyges posted:

To be ... inside you?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So in the Ladies of Netflix Marvel scale that seems to be being formed here, where do Elektra, Jessica, Claire, and Trish factor in?

Way to leave off Hope and Hogarth's top heavy assistant.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tetrapyloctomy posted:

To be ... inside you?

How you get to Sweet Christmas is up to you.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I've changed my mind. Wesley is the winner.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

No Leland?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

jscolon2.0 posted:

Way to leave off Hope and Hogarth's top heavy assistant.

And Hogarth. :colbert:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Madame Gao.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Team Trish signups begin here

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Just finished season 2 finally, why did Matt become a dog after the roof battle? Could not stop laughing at him loving barking.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gyges posted:

I'd let him be inside me. :allears:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Light Gun Man posted:

Just finished season 2 finally, why did Matt become a dog after the roof battle? Could not stop laughing at him loving barking.

Huh?

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

He was Tim Allen grunting out of breath. I dunno, I just wrote it off as a good representation of how you sometimes make really weird noises in extreme stress.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

He was Tim Allen grunting out of breath. I dunno, I just wrote it off as a good representation of how you sometimes make really weird noises in extreme stress.

Yeah this. It just seemed really silly to me.

Also I wanna say that I, and apparently only I, liked the ninja stuff and want more ninja stuff and ninjas forever. Perhaps this is just me being a fan of TMNT / Cannon Films though.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 8, 2016

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HIJK posted:

In season 2 the Punisher/Daredevil fights stand out as a reflection of their ideological conflict. The rest of the fights are the writers going NINJASNINJASNINJASNINJASNINJAS and because Matt tears through them like tissue paper, they're not significant, because he's never in any danger. And that makes them a bit boring

It didn't suck. It just wasn't as good as season 1 and I think it's because the armor protecting Matt took away the tension and drama that made the season 1 fight so gripping.

I'm not calling it terrible or that they shouldn't have done it. Chill.

The 100% right opinion of the season IMO.

For some reason (*cough* Defenders *cough*) they tried to jam two seasons of Daredevil into a single one, and both suffered as a result. In fact if I split the two up I think my rating for the series would be:

Daredevil Season 1.5 - Punisher - 9/10: Kickass, Punisher series needs to happen. Sits alongside season 1 as one of the greats, would have been a 10/10 with a full length season.
Daredevil Season 1.6 - Elektra - 7/10: The plot was a mess, the villains weren't fleshed out, some things too ridiculous. Still fun action, worth watching.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 8, 2016

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Daredevil Season 1.6 - Elektra - 7/10: The plot was a mess, the villains weren't fleshed out, some things too ridiculous. Still fun action, worth watching.

Reads like a 4.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Stole this from the Comic Book movie thread:

quote:

But don't look for Daredevil or Luke Cage. While it would make sense that the street level heroes of the Netflix shows would meet up with the web-slinger it seems that it's easier to make a deal between Disney and Sony than it is between Marvel movies and TV. I have talked to numerous people on both sides of the divide and have been told, by every single one, to not hold your breath on any kind of serious crossovers. Yes, it would be great - perfect, even - for Daredevil to pop up in Spider-Man, but it's almost certainly not going to happen. My sources tell me that the roadblock remains, as ever, Ike Perlmutter, who got shunted out of Marvel movies and now oversees the TV and comics side of things.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/08/the-mcu-will-cross-over-into-spider-mans-solo-movie

tl;dr
1) gently caress you Purlmutter you loving gently caress
2) Daredevil probably won't be appearing in Spider-Man movies or Infinity War if this bizarre rivalry between tv and movies keeps up
3) I don't want to live on this planet anymore
4) this is probably why we get references like "the flag waver"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HIJK posted:

Stole this from the Comic Book movie thread:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/08/the-mcu-will-cross-over-into-spider-mans-solo-movie

tl;dr
1) gently caress you Purlmutter you loving gently caress
2) Daredevil probably won't be appearing in Spider-Man movies or Infinity War if this bizarre rivalry between tv and movies keeps up
3) I don't want to live on this planet anymore

PURLLLLMUTTTTTER!

Seriously that guy is such a dickhole

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I would think the guy who oversees the TV stuff doesn't really have a say in what does and doesn't go into the MCU movies considering they're the big money-makers. If Marvel wanted Daredevil in Infinity War, he'd be there.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

site posted:

Too busy jonesing for some Greek.

Aren't we all?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

I would think the guy who oversees the TV stuff doesn't really have a say in what does and doesn't go into the MCU movies considering they're the big money-makers. If Marvel wanted Daredevil in Infinity War, he'd be there.

He is "Marvel".

You mean Disney.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Light Gun Man posted:

Also I wanna say that I, and apparently only I, liked the ninja stuff and want more ninja stuff and ninjas forever. Perhaps this is just me being a fan of TMNT / Cannon Films though.

I did too. I enjoyed the Electra/Hand story a lot. I'm not a Punisher fan though and really have never been one. I do like Punisher more than Kilgrave though.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I agree with the idea that Season 2 felt like two seasons crammed together. If it was just a Punisher season, it would have been so much better. His story really gets cut off at the knees because of Elektra and ninjas.

I get that they need something to trigger Matt's backstory, and they need to set up the Defenders, and that Daredevil is a vehicle for all of that now instead of just a standalone series. Still, it will ultimately be judged by all of the seasons + the Defenders. Plot holes get filled in and become foreshadowing, etc.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

HIJK posted:

I must be the only person in the world who didn't mind this specific line, because Jessica had a deep personal distaste for heroic grandstanding so of course she'd mockingly disrespect the most famous heroes in the world in dialog.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

McSpanky posted:

I must be the only person in the world who didn't mind this specific line, because Jessica had a deep personal distaste for heroic grandstanding so of course she'd mockingly disrespect the most famous heroes in the world in dialog.

Personally I don't mind the dialogue (even stuff like "the Incident") because you see phrases like that play out in real life. But there are so many people who dislike that stuff, I thought it was a good idea to toss that speculation out there.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

That gunshot hosed with his hearing and then he went deaf after the glass fell. The rest was just freaking out because out of nowhere, after decades of being able to 'see' in some way, he was actually a normal blind person and he needed to get some help.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Light Gun Man posted:

I liked the ninjas too buddy. Their plot didn't make any sense, but hey fight scenes.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Zombie ninjas would be fine but the overall Hand plot was just "there's a hole in the ground, what's IN IT???" and "BLACK SKY BLACK SKY BLACK SKY" oh and here are some creepy kids we're harvesting blood from (???) for our corpse reanimatin sarcophagus (???) and nothing is explained or expanded upon. I assume they're saving this for later but it still felt way too thin this season

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
It's almost like the ninjas are mysterious and secretive!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hole in the ground is the new hatch. :lost:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

It's almost like the ninjas are mysterious and secretive!

It's almost like some people like their mysteries to eventually be solved!

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

RareAcumen posted:

It's almost like some people like their mysteries to eventually be solved!

The mystery was introduced in the latter half of this season, so there's no reason to think it will NEVER BE SOLVED WHAT HACKS

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Expecting a Daredevil mystery to be resolved in Daredevil is ridiculous, especially since there are no current plans for season 3 and Defenders is still a year away which means we won't get any resolution on it anytime soon. Check and mate dissatisfied viewers :smuggo:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Seriously, someone please explain how the hole is an integral part of this season and how not following up on it causes huge issues.

It's just the thing they stumbled upon when tracking down Roxxon leads. Matt and Elektra steal the secret ledger, find a double secret entry, decode that double secret entry, get attacked by ninjas there, and then Stick shows up because Elektra got poisoned. While Stick and Elektra were trying to find out what the hand was up to via the ledger, it is quickly dropped once they realize the actual thing is the accountant's kid and his captive friends being drained of their blood for a giant mystic jar.

The mystic jar is the actual thing that the Hand are doing in the city at the moment. Maybe it came from the hole, maybe the hole is a completely separate thing, but the hole is only as relevant as the fact that they were getting a specific city block from Fisk last season.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Perhaps the hole is like a metaphor, and it really exists within ourselves waiting to be filled in.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gyges posted:

Seriously, someone please explain how the hole is an integral part of this season and how not following up on it causes huge issues.

It was the hook of an episode-ending cliffhanger. That kinda implies a revelation or resolution to said hook in the following episode.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Episode ending doesn't have a lot of weight on a Netflix show. If they'd made you wait a week I could see why people thought it was flat but it's kind of absurd to hold all-at-once shows to this network TV formula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The location was brought up way more in Season 1 and nobody complained then. Pretty sure there was a lingering shot of their planned block blue prints too. Guess they needed Matt and someone else to comment on the location for it to be a real issue.