Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The Venetians are skilled in the art of analogue vote-counting. Probably from centuries of practice with their doge system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I agree with your logic TNL

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
og gun flavor is about me being nothing special compared to the power players in the top of the wagon train and that my only advantage was that i was smart enough to bring a gun

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2nd gun is a hunting rifle from infinitum that was in his wagon.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

imgay posted:

2nd gun is a hunting rifle from infinitum that was in his wagon.

What kind of failure message did you get?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm going to show my ignorance again, but if you're protected by a doctor and someone tries to NK you, are you informed?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
first time said you've been stopped in your attempt to kill kashuno and tonight was you've been blocked again.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Whilst it seems pretty low odds that we have a doctor who was lucky enough to guess the NK target two days in a row, I'm wondering if there's any way for us to verify it to any degree without the doctor having to out themselves. There has to be some sort of reason for the lack of NKs.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

iajanus posted:

I'm going to show my ignorance again, but if you're protected by a doctor and someone tries to NK you, are you informed?

Extremely rare due to balance concerns.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:smokes a bowl:

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I'd say we get nothing from a doc claiming anything so if a docs in the game don't claim.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
agreed

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, I wasn't wanting the doc to claim, I was just curious if there was a way we could infer their existence.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If we dont lynch kash im also shooting him tonight

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Why do you think he is scum?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
His attitude toward voting and today especially when he suddenly claimed he was the one who rb'd me when he made zero mention of it yesterday when it would have actually ment something.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't claim that

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kashuno posted:

maybe it's me :razz:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I said maybe baby

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
"I keep traveling for work" is my excuse for lurking this game, with a side of "votefinder being down and not providing updates on deadlines and such", and a soupçon of "reading this thread keeps sounding like white noise in my head no matter who's posting". I go through individual post histories and all of it looks like content that has to do with the game but then in context it just seems like so much nothing is being said, really by anyone. Sure the kash/imgay slapfight is annoying and takes up way too much time because a) Kash would have to have hard-committed to a total bus of a scumbuddy super loving early in the game to be scum and b) imgay is at least playing the game differently from the other game I was in with him when he was so blindingly scum it hurt; and Venom Soag posts like my drunk ex-girlfriend when she thinks loving me is a good idea again (nb: it is, ladies :wink:); Magnus is a stream of mafia consciousness; there are so many anime avatars that I can't tell when birdstrike is posting; iajanus is a string of How To Successfully Get Coached By Your Scumbuddies posts since about midday yesterday; BK starts playing like a beep boop scum robot who hits the high notes of "unvoting on a lovely claim" and "OMGUS"; MT and TNL are people I remember from bygone times that I want to keep around because at least I know they'll play the game; and...I think that's it? That's all the players I can remember. Oh wait Revolver Anidav. He seems alright. This game does not capture my interest even when I have time to post because I don't know what I would post, it seems like people are playing a different game than I am, with the exception of Flying Leatherman, who actually seems like he's looking at the same things I'm looking at and reading them similarly, even if we don't completely agree on everything.

Anyways, rant over, so far iajanus has mollified me with no longer posting like Scumposts 101 and has moved on to Scumposts 201, but from my understanding of the Current Mafia Situation BK should know better than to post the way he has since OT of D1. The unvote was super scummy, he's too quick to believe claims, his D1 posts were hedge as gently caress until he went hard on imgay (which I believed in because of the previous game I played with him), and this post:

BottleKnight posted:

iajanus's posting is so vanilla I barely even register it. People say he's like that in every game so I've almost entirely disregarded him for the moment.

the day after he said "I buy it" to Infinitum's claim and switch his vote to iajanus in OT is super loving sketchy. I urge people to look at BK's D1 OT play and try to find a way it comes from a town perspective.

##vote BottleKnight

would still vote either Kash or imgay or officiate their loving wedding so that they stop posting at each other because my goodness is it loving counterproductive.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Rereading my post history reminded me that BK is legit scum

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
are we doign a pacifist run

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I kind of agree with BHB about this game being challenging to follow. Right now I'm suspicious of all of, from most to least: Kashuno, TNL, Anidav, Birdstrike, BHB

Barehanded Brother posted:

would still vote either Kash or imgay or officiate their loving wedding so that they stop posting at each other because my goodness is it loving counterproductive.

I've been suspicious of Kash for awhile now (yes, I think he was bussing Infinitum; no, I don't believe his suspicions on me or imgay) and since no one is dying on either end I haven't had any strong reason to change my mind yet. ##vote Kash

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I've been ignoring the kash imgay stuff because it's boring. So I'm investigating other avenues

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MG3 posted:

I've been ignoring the kash imgay stuff because it's boring. So I'm investigating other avenues

Feel free to just read over my posts about why you should vote Kash and agree or disagree with them on their merits.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

Feel free to just read over my posts about why you should vote Kash and agree or disagree with them on their merits.

Ok I'll check it out

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

"I keep traveling for work" is my excuse for lurking this game, with a side of "votefinder being down and not providing updates on deadlines and such", and a soupçon of "reading this thread keeps sounding like white noise in my head no matter who's posting". I go through individual post histories and all of it looks like content that has to do with the game but then in context it just seems like so much nothing is being said, really by anyone. Sure the kash/imgay slapfight is annoying and takes up way too much time because a) Kash would have to have hard-committed to a total bus of a scumbuddy super loving early in the game to be scum and b) imgay is at least playing the game differently from the other game I was in with him when he was so blindingly scum it hurt; and Venom Soag posts like my drunk ex-girlfriend when she thinks loving me is a good idea again (nb: it is, ladies :wink:); Magnus is a stream of mafia consciousness; there are so many anime avatars that I can't tell when birdstrike is posting; iajanus is a string of How To Successfully Get Coached By Your Scumbuddies posts since about midday yesterday; BK starts playing like a beep boop scum robot who hits the high notes of "unvoting on a lovely claim" and "OMGUS"; MT and TNL are people I remember from bygone times that I want to keep around because at least I know they'll play the game; and...I think that's it? That's all the players I can remember. Oh wait Revolver Anidav. He seems alright. This game does not capture my interest even when I have time to post because I don't know what I would post, it seems like people are playing a different game than I am, with the exception of Flying Leatherman, who actually seems like he's looking at the same things I'm looking at and reading them similarly, even if we don't completely agree on everything.

Anyways, rant over, so far iajanus has mollified me with no longer posting like Scumposts 101 and has moved on to Scumposts 201, but from my understanding of the Current Mafia Situation BK should know better than to post the way he has since OT of D1. The unvote was super scummy, he's too quick to believe claims, his D1 posts were hedge as gently caress until he went hard on imgay (which I believed in because of the previous game I played with him), and this post:

the day after he said "I buy it" to Infinitum's claim and switch his vote to iajanus in OT is super loving sketchy. I urge people to look at BK's D1 OT play and try to find a way it comes from a town perspective.

##vote BottleKnight

I didn't even remember voting iajanus, that's how vanilla it was. I didn't have much to go on D1 and I thought we could test Infinitum's claim (which we, um, did!) so I voted for iajanus because other people were voting him and I didn't want to no lynch.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Murmur Twin posted:

I kind of agree with BHB about this game being challenging to follow. Right now I'm suspicious of all of, from most to least: Kashuno, TNL, Anidav, Birdstrike, BHB

I've been suspicious of Kash for awhile now (yes, I think he was bussing Infinitum; no, I don't believe his suspicions on me or imgay) and since no one is dying on either end I haven't had any strong reason to change my mind yet. #vote Kash

Questions for you:

Not even a little bit suspicious on BK? If not, why not?

Why do you think Kash would hard-bus Infinitum the way he did? I mean, I know generally why scum bus, but that was an Extreme Unnecessary Bus

What is your theory on why no one has died at night?

Unlike other posters, I am genuinely interested in your answers to these questions and will hound you until I get them or die.

IRL :stare:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Just let imgay shoot the bastard
##vote BK

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
As of this vote count The remaining time for this day is 44 hours. 04/09/2016 8:00P.M. Pacific time

Barehanded Brother Voted for BottleKnight

Birdstrike voted forBottleKnight

BottleKnight voted for Barehanded Brother

Flying Leatherman Voted for iajanus

iajanus Hasn't Voted for anyone today.

imgay Voted for Kashuno

Kashuno Voted For imgay

MG3 Hasn't voted for anyone today.

Murmur Twin Voted For Kashuno

Revolver Anidav Voted For MG3

The Ninth Layer voted for no one today.

Venom Soag Voted for MG3 (Atleast I hope I parsed what ever the gently caress that vote was correctly.)

pre:
Total Votecount:
Bottleknight-2
Kashuno-2
MG3-2
imgay-1
Barehanded Brother-1
Iajanus-1
Murmer Twin-1
 With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch 

JimsonTheBetrayer fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Apr 8, 2016

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Not even a little bit suspicious on BK? If not, why not?

Why do you think Kash would hard-bus Infinitum the way he did? I mean, I know generally why scum bus, but that was an Extreme Unnecessary Bus

What is your theory on why no one has died at night?

Unlike other posters, I am genuinely interested in your answers to these questions and will hound you until I get them or die.

IRL :stare:

Going in backwards order:

(a) Despite my suspicions that you're scum, I'm willing to answer them now so that you don't need to worry about hounding me and/or dying IRL :)
(b) Given the old-timey flavor of this game I can see doctor, poisoner, or 1x bulletproof all being roles that exist.
(c) I can't speak for what strategies scum might use, but it's worth noting that Kash is using his tunneling on Infinitum to gain town cred, so if that was his plan one could argue it worked. If scum were going to bus it would make sense to do it on Infinitum, who couldn't otherwise help the scumteam manipulate the vote.
(d) BK reads like someone who is reading the game along and trying to figure out who scum is. He's made cases that I agree with (Birdstrike and you). and it feels to me like the pressure against him comes more from a place of OMGUS than from legit cases. I don't think that the way he acted on D1 is a strong enough case to vote him over some of the other player in this game - admittedly this is worse due to the fact that no one has died in forever.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I also haven't voted for anyone today.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I also haven't voted for anyone today.

Edited, sorry time zone difference had the date of your last vote listed on my screen as the day AFTER the last close of day.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I could see BK as scum at this point. Like there's a point of defending other players that most people eventually drop, but BK just goes right along. At the moment anyway, BHB's big post satisfies ##unvote ##vote BK

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also TNL really doesn't seem to be putting in effort this game. Scum tell?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Kashuno posted:

Also TNL really doesn't seem to be putting in effort this game. Scum tell?

nah more like cool guy tell reckon bk would make an excellen DIAMONG DONG

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Venom Soag posted:

nah more like cool guy tell reckon bk would make an excellen DIAMONG DONG

ok

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Kashuno posted:

I could see BK as scum at this point. Like there's a point of defending other players that most people eventually drop, but BK just goes right along. At the moment anyway, BHB's big post satisfies ##unvote ##vote BK

You've said you agreed with my birdstrike and bhb case but didn't vote either of them and now you vote me? Weird.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
yeah thTs fukt ##vote kashh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

You've said you agreed with my birdstrike and bhb case but didn't vote either of them and now you vote me? Weird.

I did agree with them, but not enough to vote. However, the mounting cases against you seem good and agreeable.

• Locked thread