Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I don't think it's Infinitum either anymore. I trust YPM's read there and honestly I don't think a scum who just watches his scum mate get blasted makes the post "why do town have two day vigs"

Like there's no reason to just cast doubt right there before the result was even posted, since he'd know the result in advance if he were a scum team mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
That larper looks ripe for murdering though!

##vote TheDonPeters

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Rascyc posted:

I don't think it's Infinitum either anymore. I trust YPM's read there and honestly I don't think a scum who just watches his scum mate get blasted makes the post "why do town have two day vigs"

Like there's no reason to just cast doubt right there before the result was even posted, since he'd know the result in advance if he were a scum team mate

This is kinda making sense to me too.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Rascyc posted:

This doesn't make sense, even ignoring the "that's what scum would do" argument.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I mean I'll go re-read what YPM said, but I don't know how much faith I will put it in given all the poo poo that went down regarding him.

"why do town have two day vigs" is the ultimate scum whiny post, and can also be argued to mean what you think it means. It's completely inconclusive.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Khris Kruel posted:

Here's my take on Podima:

He mentioned 10 players that are alive, 9 since I'm excluding myself: Infinitum, Pmach, rasc, Friction, Rarity Kashuno, Shadow0, Glowku, gannyGrabber

Of those 9, he mentions a mini-post on Infinitum early in day 1, Shadow twice in the late part of the day, and goes hard on Glowku, gannyGrabber, and Kashuno

in my experience, scum usually ignore each other early on. Podima was a good player though, and bussing others early is definitely in his tool kit. That said I didn't see anything stand out that looked like bussing.

I think if anything, Glowku, gannyGrabber, and Kashuno weren't aligned with Podima.

I'm also 99% sure rasc isn't aligned with Podima. Killing scummates as a day vig is definitely possible, but not the roleblocker. That's like the last one you would want to kill.

You are drat right I'm not aligned with that scum! I'm the hero of the Earth for cryin' out loud. I'M THE CHAMP AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT.

Rascyc posted:

That larper looks ripe for murdering though!

##vote TheDonPeters

It's not murder if he's scum! It's protecting the Earth like a Hero should!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Friction.123 posted:

I mean I'll go re-read what YPM said, but I don't know how much faith I will put it in given all the poo poo that went down regarding him.

"why do town have two day vigs" is the ultimate scum whiny post, and can also be argued to mean what you think it means. It's completely inconclusive.
he would've made it post-flip if it was meant to be whiny is what I am saying

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Mayor Glowku posted:

You are drat right I'm not aligned with that scum! I'm the hero of the Earth for cryin' out loud. I'M THE CHAMP AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT.

It's not murder if he's scum! It's protecting the Earth like a Hero should!
hell yeah kill 'em all

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Rascyc posted:

he would've made it post-flip if it was meant to be whiny is what I am saying

... no? Not necessarily, there's no reason scum isn't just as surprised as we are by two+ day vigs.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Rascyc posted:

hell yeah kill 'em all

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT! WITH THE CHAMP ON OUR SIDE WE CAN'T POSSIBLY LOSE

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Friction.123 posted:

... no? Not necessarily, there's no reason scum isn't just as surprised as we are by two+ day vigs.

Scum would be crying in their boots about two+ day Vig! Hell they already got the Champ to deal with on top of that!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Friction.123 posted:

still not feeling it, revisit it later, help us slay this other person

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Don't worry people of people of the tower, your champion is just BEGINNING the smack down! HAHAHAHA

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Rascyc posted:

still not feeling it, revisit it later, help us slay this other person

I already gave my reasons for not wanting to join this lynch train, I think its a waste of time.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Friction.123 posted:

I already gave my reasons for not wanting to join this lynch train, I think its a waste of time.

I think YOU are a waste of time little man!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

why do we have two day vigs

Most likely one town, one scum?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Friction.123 posted:

I read this as frustration with a convoluted D1. Well maybe frustration is the wrong word, but it just seemed like he switched into full FOR THE LOLS mode, not necessarily because he was scum.

If Azuth weren't new to what is, at its core, a game, I would be much more suspicious right along with you. As it stands I'm not sure how compelling this evidence is.

I don't think his style's got anything to do with this game cause he was exactly the same in the Gibbis game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Azuth0667 posted:

Basically YPM and that anime pig guy were shitlordes so if the pig guy didn't get it we'd be crusading against him today after YPM bit it. We have no idea what we're doing so if you pros want to show us the ropes feel free to.

Hi, Azuth! Would you be so kind as to answer a question for me? Do you think any of the posters who voted for YPM were scum and if so who?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

Most likely one town, one scum?

Or a 3p, but I'm not going to put too much stock in setup spec. My only guess is it's zany as hell and only about to get worse.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mayor Glowku posted:

TheDonPeters is scum you say? I'VE GOT THIS ONE YOU GUYS JUST STAND BACK AND WATCH THE CHAMP WORK

##vote TheDonPeters

Bad 'me too' vote

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Azuth0667 posted:

Ahura Mazda frowns upon a lack of posting.

I stand with our mayor and hero.

##Vote TheDonPeters

Infinitum posted:

A little pressure can't hurt.

##vote TheDonPeters

In fact all of these are bad 'me too' votes!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Propaganda Machine posted:

Or a 3p, but I'm not going to put too much stock in setup spec. My only guess is it's zany as hell and only about to get worse.
You only know the half of it.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm probably gonna shoot Rarity next

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

gannyGrabber posted:

I'll lend you my power! *throws arms into the air*

##vote TheDonPeters

Hey ganny! You said that once we had someone flip from D1 you'd be able to start looking at things properly! Do you have any thoughts about people's alignments in light of YPM's flip/KK and Ras's vig kills/Pod's flip?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mayor Glowku posted:

Don't worry people of people of the tower, your champion is just BEGINNING the smack down! HAHAHAHA

Hi Glowku! Could you be so kind as to do me a favour? Could you read through Infinitum's posts and tell me if you think he is town or scum and why?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

I'm probably gonna shoot Rarity next

This would be a waste for both of us fyi

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Rarity posted:

Never a waste when we can waste scum.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

I'm just messin with ya rares you know I like ya

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
So, serious discussion Rarity. Who do you feel for scum this match?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rereading Pod, the thing that springs up for me is a potential connection between him and Kash.

Podima posted:

this basically sums up most of what I'm reading through, goddamn. I agree with KB that this Kash/KK slapfight is a null tell - both of them do the whole kneejerk defensive thing, and it's tiring as poo poo to read.

Pod puts in a soft defence of Kash here.

Podima posted:

Where's my PMed link to a masondoc, then? :colbert:

Pod wants to be in the masonry but gets passed up in favour of KK. If Kash is scum then he'd be looking to bring another town person into the masonry so he can gauge more people's thoughts rather than fill it up with someone he can already talk to. Friction, how was it decided that KK would be the new mason?

Podima posted:

Why would you vote and then disavow the bandwagon like a page later?

Podima posted:

Oy I knew I forgot something. Thunderdome rules, so ##vote Kashuno :patriot:

He calls out Kash's vote as one of bad ones on YPM and ends the day with his vote on Kash but he never makes a serious effort to put a case together or get other people on board. It reads to me like he wants to be seen being on scum but doesn't want to risk Kash getting in trouble.

All in all, Kash looks much worse to me in light of Pod's flip. I'm currently undecided between him and Sam, who I still think had a terrible D1. I'll do a reread of Kash and see how I feel but it'll have to wait until after work.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jimson posted:

So, serious discussion Rarity. Who do you feel for scum this match?

Oh hey I just answered that question :v:

Also it's setup spec but I don't buy for a second that both Ras and KK are town. If I had to choose between them I'd go with KK, I really didn't like how he tried to sell hitting a lyncher as hitting scum here:

Khris Kruel posted:

nice name change Glowku :respek:

I'm not sure how I feel about another day vig in the game...but he seems to have restrictions like I do. Also never thought I'd see the day two day vig's killed scum with their shots

Looks like trying to make a play for town cred.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit I'm going to have to read all of that Kash/KK slapfight again, aren't I? :negative:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Rarity posted:

Godammit I'm going to have to read all of that Kash/KK slapfight again, aren't I? :negative:

Kash has been doing that a lot recently. Not to get to meta, but he got into a HUGE slap fight with me in another game earlier today. We ended up burying the hatchet, but there's also a rivalry between him and Imgay apparently. He seems to get too emotionally invested in his gameplay and get's upset when someone tries to call him out.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I sort of agree with Rarity. I mean, I find the double dayvig suspicious, but not to the point of "don't buy for a second". Also agreed that of the two, Ras is more likely to be town. Both because he hit scum (and not 3p) and also the flavour of stabbing someone with a sword fits as one of the Knights.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Lancelot

Also, when someone asks him what knight he is, he picks like.. the easiest name to remember, probably the most famous of ALL the knights of the round table. I honestly can't remember any of the other knight names, except the one in my flavor text.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

I sort of agree with Rarity. I mean, I find the double dayvig suspicious, but not to the point of "don't buy for a second". Also agreed that of the two, Ras is more likely to be town. Both because he hit scum (and not 3p) and also the flavour of stabbing someone with a sword fits as one of the Knights.

That'd put KK as God wouldn't it for flavour reasons with the smiting?

I want to review Shadow0's posts as well, as he's admitted to being the 3 Headed Knight and in no way can I see him being part of the Round Table from a flavour perspective.
And who I'd really like to have a serious look at today.

##unvote

Jimson posted:

Also, when someone asks him what knight he is, he picks like.. the easiest name to remember, probably the most famous of ALL the knights of the round table. I honestly can't remember any of the other knight names, except the one in my flavor text.

King Arthur
Sir Lancelot
Sir Bedivere
Sir Galahad
Sir Robin

Are probably the main ones.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

For Shadow0 I think he has straight up flavour-slipped, and is probably a rookie mistake on his part (Is he a new player?)

Posts in questions for reference:

Shadow0 posted:

We have absolutely no idea who is what, and to be honest, this has been the least exciting thread we have ever read on SA; zero flavor at all, just stupid, stupid, stupid yelling.

We don't think Kashuno is scum, but if throwing him off a tower will save us from 11 pages of stupid banter, we are all for it.

##vote Kashuno

Infinitum posted:

If we're playing the meta game, what's this 'we' nonsense?

Shadow0 posted:

^
Exactly.
Yep.
That's it!

Infinitum posted:

Isn't the 3 Headed Knight a villain?

Shadow0 posted:

If we thought we were a villain, would we tell you that?
Is there even a list of the roles?
Does this castle even have enough food for everyone?

Infinitum posted:

Well you boys aren't knights of the round table if we're in a flavour-heavy game, that's for sure.

Once he's realised he's been caught out on it, switches from using 'We' to be less obvious about the PR:

Shadow0 posted:

I'm pretty sure no one talking is scum, there are like 2000 other players we could be looking at.
I think "I" makes more sense for me to say that "we".
We will stop using "we", except in a royal sense.

His main votes for the day were twice for Kashuno, being the hammer on YPM, and these votes from the same post where he swapped from using 'We'

Shadow0 posted:

##vote Khris Kruel
##vote Tremendous Taste
##vote Doctor Dogballs

As I've said before, from a pure flavour perspective I can't see them being a member of the Round Table as they wanted to kill Sir Robin.
The only saving grace would be they are a Knight, but they were mainly an antagonist.

I'd def like to see more from them today.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I want to review Shadow0's posts as well, as he's admitted to being the 3 Headed Knight and in no way can I see him being part of the Round Table from a flavour perspective.

Yes, it is true.
I once tried to kill Robin.
But I have since then found the light, my savior and hero, Mayor Glowku.

I don't know if this setup has been used before, so admitting I was a scum class would be pretty dumb if it said I was a scum class.
Though due to my past transgressions again Robin, Brave Sir Robin, I show up as scum, a Miller one might say.
So investigating me is a waste if anyone has that ability.

Mayor Glowku posted:

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT! WITH THE CHAMP ON OUR SIDE WE CAN'T POSSIBLY LOSE

I'm with the CHAMP!
##vote TheDonPeters
I lend you my strength!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

a Miller

Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010