Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think Persona 4 Golden sold close to a million, it was around 700k like a year or two ago. There was also a year-old report saying the Persona mainline franchise has sold 6 million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I just hope Persona 5 doesn't tank as badly as TMS did. If P5 tanks, then I hope it's doesn't make SegAtlus say "bye-bye SMTIV Final on the West". :ohdear:

(I really don't care about Final Fantasy 15 all that much)

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Baal posted:

Still scheduled to be a bad game, sky blue, grass green, etc.

You take that back, P5 is not scheduled.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wark Say posted:

I just hope Persona 5 doesn't tank as badly as TMS did. If P5 tanks, then I hope it's doesn't make SegAtlus say "bye-bye SMTIV Final on the West". :ohdear:

It's safe to consider that an impossibility. For one, P5 is an established, successful IP launching on a system that people own.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
p5 didn't immediately collapse under the weight of its own hype the moment they showed gameplay footage, unlike tms.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

p5 didn't immediately collapse under the weight of its own hype the moment they showed gameplay footage, unlike tms.

Sadly. That reaction is still hilarious to me.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I still believe in #FE

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Especially since everybody kept saying it had been canned up until the Direct where it was properly announced.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Persona 5 will do extremely well (relative to being an Atlus RPG) unless there's some kind of heinous, yet-to-be-announced feature that will make everyone hate it, and even then it'd have to be like, "If you get a game over you have to wait three hours to reload unless you pay $1.00" freemium type bullshit.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

persona 5 will sell well and Final will be localized, and the sales of TMS won't have much if any bearing on that since nintendo is localizing TMS but Atlus would do Final

you are worrying for the sake of worrying

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TMS isn't even considered a MegaTen (or FE, for that matter) game. They've called it a new IP ever since the full reveal.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Motto posted:

TMS isn't even considered a MegaTen (or FE, for that matter) game. They've called it a new IP ever since the full reveal.

See, I did not know / remember that. Nevermind then! Here's hoping Persona 5 does well and that I don't grow to despise its cast like I did with the Scooby Gang, Chapter Inaba Investigation Team over time! :buddy:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Lemon-Lime posted:

There are rumours floating around that Sony might be planning a New 3DS style hardware refresh so that is extra special unlikely.

the only thing that is going to be different between the current ps4 and the supposed new ps4 is going to be the ability to display bluray movies at 4k

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Wark Say posted:

See, I did not know / remember that. Nevermind then! Here's hoping Persona 5 does well and that I don't grow to despise its cast like I did with the Scooby Gang, Chapter Inaba Investigation Team over time! :buddy:

I still like the P4 cast but it's probably 'cos I only played one of the spinoffs.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I played all the spinoffs and the P4 cast are still my friends

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

MrAristocrates posted:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Except Chie.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Original chie is good, all the others are bad

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Narukami and Kanji > Everyone else.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MrAristocrates posted:

gently caress those motherfuckers

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

Original chie is good, all the others are bad

There are now several original chies

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Cool Ranch Chie was the original Chie.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Crisis on Infinite Chies

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
A Tale Of Two Chies

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Chie is the old and busted.

Bring on Anne!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Baal posted:

gently caress those motherfuckers

it's okay, you're still my friend too

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress you

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

the only thing that is going to be different between the current ps4 and the supposed new ps4 is going to be the ability to display bluray movies at 4k

Yes, that's the most likely thing (along with a Slim-style redesign). The "PS4K will have double the GPU power" rumours make zero sense.

Either way, though, Sony is rumoured to be planning a new PS4 SKU so it's definitely going nowhere.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

TurnipFritter posted:

The first episode of the new Persona 4 anime is up on crunchyroll. Edit: It's called Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable.

In honor of this, let's rename all the Personas so they sound like Stands:

Izanagi becomes Fortunate Son.
Magatsu Izanagi becomes Wayward Son.
Jiraya beomes Funky Town.
Tomoe becomes Kung-Fu Fighting.
Konohana Sakuya becomes We Didn't Start the Fire.
Take-Mikazuch becomes Black Emperor.
Kintoki-Douji becomes 99 Red Balloons.
Himiko becomes The Who.
Sukuna-Hikona becomes Mister Robotto.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Coming to the new PS4, Persona 4K! Your Inaba friends in a higher resolution than ever before!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Waffleman_ posted:

Coming to the new PS4, Persona 4K! Your Inaba friends in a higher resolution than ever before!

Finally, I'll be able to tell which of the P4 characters hasn't been washing their oily t-zone enough.

(It's Yosuke.)

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Where can I pre-order

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

The_Frag_Man posted:

Where can I pre-order

By this point Atlus already knows who we are and has just gone ahead and charged our credit cards.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Super-groupiesxP4 DAN you've been waiting for has been released :v:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

It is bad when I'm at the point where I can't even stand P4's silent protagonist. Kanji is still alright because as the rest of the cast has been concentrated into single defining character traits, Kanji has become a sort of straight man in comparison. Ironically enough.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Thirty years ago, our lives were ruined.

https://twitter.com/OnThisDayGaming/status/718106097513574400

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

What are the gameplay differences between DS Overclocked and Record Breaker? I know 2/RB added an S. Link/Support system that you have to mess with to avoid character plot deaths, but I think I also heard that they tweaked how you crack and equip skills a little bit?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Motto posted:

What are the gameplay differences between DS Overclocked and Record Breaker? I know 2/RB added an S. Link/Support system that you have to mess with to avoid character plot deaths, but I think I also heard that they tweaked how you crack and equip skills a little bit?

The S-Link system allows you to do shared cracks with the protagonist so you're not obligated to set a crack and then kill it with the same character. Skill equip requirements have been way loosened so it is far easier to equip things.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Thirty years ago, our lives were ruined.

can't believe my life was ruined 6 years before i was born

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The reverberations of the event are affecting the pre-concieved even now.