Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Demi Moore doesn't understand that hot dogs are food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Keromaru5 posted:

A drug addict goes clean only to find himself in charge of a huge crisis at work

I picked a hell of a day to quit taking barbiturates. airplane

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
A civil war veteran pursues his son's abductor. However, his last request is denied before he is executed.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
This is a documentary about a joke. It is a joke only told by comedians to other comedians. The outline of the joke is that a man goes into an agent's office and says he has a family act. He then either acts out or describes the most obscene acts possible. The stunned agent says, "And what do you call yourselves?" and the man answers...

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
A happily married man with expecting child gets his submitted artwork of a mallard accepted on the 3¢ stamp.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

BirryJoru posted:

A happily married man with expecting child gets his submitted artwork of a mallard accepted on the 3¢ stamp.

Fargo

A political leader looking to retool his image dies in front of a live audience after the safety precautions allowing him to seemingly effortlessly perform a dangerous sporting stunt fail.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

BirryJoru posted:

This is a documentary about a joke. It is a joke only told by comedians to other comedians. The outline of the joke is that a man goes into an agent's office and says he has a family act. He then either acts out or describes the most obscene acts possible. The stunned agent says, "And what do you call yourselves?" and the man answers...

The aristocrats!

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

kizudarake posted:

The aristocrats!

Both of you are correct!

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

Altered echo. (I would have gotten, Funny Games.) I suspect my previous attempts were slightly too vague but I maintain hope in you.

A depressed woman loses her house after failing to open her mail. Later she steps on a nail and has sex in a motel with a racist married cop.

After witnessing his dad's hanging body in the basement of his house the arrival of a new fast food chain sees that a local, autistic child who loves climbing, is employed.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

MrUnderbridge posted:

the Black Hole

Yes!

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit?

Incorrect, has been correctly guessed as Return to Oz

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

BirryJoru posted:

The Duggars

E: oops this is a movie thread sorry. Ehh gently caress it..I give it six months before it's a movie.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Alucard posted:

I picked a hell of a day to quit taking barbiturates. airplane
You got it!

I'll go ahead and answer this one, since it might be too obscure, my memory's too fuzzy, and I don't feel like hooking up my VCR to check:

quote:

A man drinks Dr. Pepper as a volcano erupts. Godzilla 1985
This one still needs an answer:

quote:

A teacher is troubled by a student's drawing about her hero.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Keith Atherton posted:

Aliens fits but?

Keith Atherton wins the prize!

(Admittedly it was kind of a dick move since a portion of the answer was off-screen in the theatrical cut.)

Still on the board, now with very large hints:

A troubled veteran is attempting to start a new life and move past his trauma. He loses his cool and has a heated dispute with his old supervisor. The veteran's new life begins as part of a top-secret military project, but his war memories and the behavior of his drugged-up comrades cause him to desert. Along the way he becomes romantically involved with a reporter who rubs him down with ice cubes.

A brand-new executive struggles to repair a company's public image. Forced to resolve internal politics and a hostile work environment the solution becomes to exploit a group of counter-corporate activists to destroy another executive's life work. It wasn't directed by Ridley Scott but Ridley, Scott appears in the film. There's not a single alien in the film but there is involvement by Weyland, Yutani.

A rich old man on the brink of death sacrifices his entire empire in order to reconnect with his estranged family. He loses his son, and later his own life. Meanwhile one of his colleagues frets over the cost of the man's obsession while the other lashes out violently towards the family. When the old man dies, no one who cared about him was there to witness it. His family does not mourn him.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 8, 2016

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Man is not ready to come out of the closet before he is discovered

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

A king stumbles into another realm and discovers the true meaning of Christmas.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

paperchaseguy posted:

A civil war veteran pursues his son's abductor. However, his last request is denied before he is executed.

3:10 to Yuma?

BirryJoru posted:

A king stumbles into another realm and discovers the true meaning of Christmas.

The Nightmare Before Christmas?

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

Wild T posted:

The Nightmare Before Christmas

drat right!

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Demi Moore doesn't understand that hot dogs are food.
Nothing But Trouble
Do you listen to the Flop House?

Wild T posted:

A troubled veteran is attempting to start a new life and move past his trauma. He loses his cool and has a heated dispute with his old supervisor. The veteran's new life begins as part of a top-secret military project, but his war memories and the behavior of his drugged-up comrades cause him to desert. Along the way he becomes romantically involved with a reporter who rubs him down with ice cubes.
Wild guess, but Jacob's Ladder?

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

Carol Pizzamom posted:

In & Out

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Blue Velvet

A rich, old woman reminisces on a charged sexual relationship she had as a young one. However, the relationship ended in disaster with the so-called love of her life becoming increasingly cold.

crowoutofcontext fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Apr 8, 2016

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
A man learns how to wield a sword very quickly, to the delight of a woman. She then deliberates over drinks before two knights ride off into battle.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 8, 2016

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Absolute Lithops posted:

Nothing But Trouble
Do you listen to the Flop House?

Wild guess, but Jacob's Ladder?

Not what I had in mind, but goddamn does that also kind of works.

Major hint: This character is a Cajun man with a French name.

Edit:

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Any Tom Cruise movie?

Wild T fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Apr 8, 2016

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Crime boss sells missile guidance system to foreign power.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

A police officer struggles to survive after being gunned down and horribly injured by drug dealers. He's brought back from the brink of death, only to have an immoral businessman attempt to murder him yet again with his newest high-tech toy. He survives but is badly injured and almost killed yet again, this time by police.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 8, 2016

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

USAF colonel attends a fancy dinner party where he comes under criticism for his dubious business transactions and is nearly killed by a falling chandelier.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Clue

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
a man assumes the identity of his dead brother, to comedic effect.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Wild T posted:

Any Tom Cruise movie?

Nope, I realize I was being too vague now Burn After Reading

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

ScrubLeague posted:

Crime boss sells missile guidance system to foreign power.

The Departed

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

kizudarake posted:

No one even tried this.

How about :

A guy spends all day hanging around a phone booth.

This is Phone Booth.

kizudarake posted:

A man's desire to change careers causes conflict with his coworkers.

And this is Repo Men. Plot below.

Jude law wants to get out of repoing organs, Forrest tucker wants to stay his partner. Forrest Tucker rigs Jude Law's equipment to malfunction to make Jude Law needs new heart, so that he'll have to to keep repoing to pay for it, but Jude Law gains too much empathy for the clients. Jude Law's heart goes into foreclosure, and his coworkers have to collect.
it's a pretty amazing movie.

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 8, 2016

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

crowoutofcontext posted:

A rich, old woman reminisces on a charged sexual relationship she had as a young one. However, the relationship ended in disaster with the so-called love of her life becoming increasingly cold.
Titanic

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
A visitor to a small town makes art out of scrap.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

Wild T posted:

Not what I had in mind, but goddamn does that also kind of works.
Was Nothing But Trouble right? They talked about it on the Flop House podcast recently and iirc they mentioned that about Demi Moore

Wild T posted:

A police officer struggles to survive after being gunned down and horribly injured by drug dealers. He's brought back from the brink of death, only to have an immoral businessman attempt to murder him yet again with his newest high-tech toy. He survives but is badly injured and almost killed yet again, this time by police.

Can you flyyyy, Bobby?

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 8, 2016

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Burn After Reading

e: gently caress, you already gave the answer

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
A married couple sets fire to a hardware store.

An FBI agent doesn't approve of the cargo on the plane he's traveling on.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Marines visit a popular tourist destination. An FBI agent is disturbed by postmortem twitching.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Ryoshi posted:

Friends-turned-rivals reunite at the Olympics, finally forgiving each other after the younger friend embraces his inner child.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Keromaru5 posted:

A teacher is troubled by a student's drawing about her hero.

The Addams Family?

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

yess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
An Olympic team fairs badly. Lying down on a bed is terrifying for some.

• Locked thread