Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Just Dan Again posted:

Did Zakour already parody Calvin and Hobbes and I just missed it? I figure that one might even get some of the ol' GoComics posters up in arms.

That was like the first one in the series, actually. Back when I think we naively assumed this groan-inducing gimmick would only last a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wanamingo posted:

Who gives a poo poo? I mean honestly.

I'm not surprised you don't like fun.

I've read the strips you post.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

To Pluggers, time is an endless abyss of misery and pain.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

Happy endings for everyone! :stonk:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Holy poo poo Thunderchild is a quadriplegic or dead.
Well, this is Dick Tracy, so it wouldn't even stand out as unusual.

Good thing the dialogue explains why they can't climb out because the art certainly isn't making it clear at all.

Strontium posted:

I saw it has some resize options that could be useful, and I was thinking of setting them to the largest size you're allowed to post. However, it looks to me like the forum rules haven't been updated since 2006, and the official word is you shouldn't post images larger than 800x600 pixels. Almost every comic in this thread breaks one if not both of those dimensions. Is there some unofficial rule, guideline or recommendation regarding file size I should abide by? Or should I just post everything in timg tags?
I don't think there's an official thing, but imgur's "huge" image size is about 1000px wide and doesn't seem to bother anyone so I'd go with that.

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis
How does "Garden of Eatin'" sound like an Indian restaurant? :confused:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I'm almost entirely sure Mark Trail was expertly free-climbing a rocky overhang when he got the phone call that started this story arc.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

"The Idea of Liver"

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo gives us live nude possums. Two drink minimum. (April 8-9, 1958)

If you're curious, this one happened on the day Juliet Jones said goodbye to her ex-campaign manager/sabotager. Amnesia is still in her future.

Peanuts: Year Four (August 5-8, 1954)

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

treasureplane posted:

Nancy (April 29, 1943)

The contrast between these two is both amazing and depressing.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts: Year Four (August 5-8, 1954)

... Did Mr. Schulz ever own a dog? Because that does not seem consistent with dog behavior to me.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Exactly 40 years later, Alvin Straight was in the middle of his journey from Iowa to Wisconsin. It may not be clear across the US, but it made for a drat good David Lynch movie.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

Somebody saw the bucket of truth episode of Upright Citizens brigade.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

If they repair that old piece of junk and fly away with it I'm going to be so mad.

Celebrity Ghost posted:

Rand is Rand

I also just want to say as a wielder of an art degree, and a resident of NY, the current arc of Luann is incredibly painful.

You are using your art degree to benefit us all.

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Inteligent Life

And now, introducing Dark Side of the Horse

wikipedia posted:

Dark Side of the Horse (Finnish: Musta hevonen, "the black horse") is a Finnish comic strip, written and drawn by the comics artist Samson (Samuli Lintula). The strip features the horses Horace (Heikki, a steed) and Melody (Helka, a mare), and the bird Sine (Sini). In North America, the strip is syndicated by the Royal Comics Syndicate.
I got to know this strip when it appeared in one of the free newspapers that was dumped through my mailslot once a week. At first I thouhgt it fell flat, but it does some clever things with the comic format once in a while.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is just trying to help.

Working Daze finally finds it purpose.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is...uh...

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Why are her arms so tiny?

That's a pretty cool-looking horse.

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Wallace the Brave

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Kids today! They're so nutty they don't know if they're boys or girls or what! A boy just wakes up in the morning and decides he wants to be a girl and these crazy mixed up kids think that's normal! :roflolmao:

Then presumably she has a new name. Why did you write her old name on the list? As a member of the LGBTQ community yourself, you should know better.

The Amazing Spider-Man

She could be the queen of loving everywhere if she had the tiniest bit of ambition.

Your periodic reminder that everybody in Newspaper Universe has gotten a few bricks to the head.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

About time.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Mark Trail Meets Olrik's Sermon on the Mount

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Let me guess - Shulock thinks that the monster of Dr. Frankenstein has a name of his own?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

He does, it's Adam Frankenstein.

e: Although now that I'm looking at Wikipedia that's apparently a biblical reference rather than him giving his name. Pedants on the internet lied to me. :argh:

SomeMathGuy fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 8, 2016

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
If they were truly pedantic, wouldn't they have given the correct details?

Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Zereth posted:

... Did Mr. Schulz ever own a dog? Because that does not seem consistent with dog behavior to me.

You'll have to admit, though, that's exactly what a baby would do.

Bloom County adjusts its frame of reference.

Skippy (February 8, 1929)

Peanuts (April 11, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 25-26, 1929)

Thimble Theater, in which Castor explains EVERYTHING. (October 26, 1929)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

So we're just ignoring the fact that she broke into his apartment, huh?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
She didn't. She climbed out of the window onto the fire escape to pester him at his window until he let her in.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Strontium posted:

And now, introducing Dark Side of the Horse

I got to know this strip when it appeared in one of the free newspapers that was dumped through my mailslot once a week. At first I thouhgt it fell flat, but it does some clever things with the comic format once in a while.

Hey, this shows promise, like those various Euro mime-strips, they're good.

quote:

Never mind.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Strontium posted:

Thanks! This gets the job done.

I saw it has some resize options that could be useful, and I was thinking of setting them to the largest size you're allowed to post. However, it looks to me like the forum rules haven't been updated since 2006, and the official word is you shouldn't post images larger than 800x600 pixels. Almost every comic in this thread breaks one if not both of those dimensions. Is there some unofficial rule, guideline or recommendation regarding file size I should abide by? Or should I just post everything in timg tags?

Intelligent Life quality options!

800 width

1000 width

1,440 width, full size

Full size in timg tags

STUPID loving BARRY HAHAH DUMB rear end JOCK MEATHEAD rear end in a top hat WITH BICEPS AND poo poo I DONT NEED THAT IM A GAMER/NERD I RULE THE WORLD WITH ELECTRONICS AND poo poo GWEN IS GONNA COME AROUND SOON AND SIT ON MY DICK WITH THE AMOUNT OF NICE IM THROWING HER WAY I CANT WAIT TO TELL REDDIT WHAT A BITCH SHE IS

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Barry isn't even suing him for gross negligence leading to serious injury that would interrupt his sportsing. He's a very nice friend.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (March 16, 1951)

Barnaby (August 21, 1942)

Nancy (April 30, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (January 11, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (February 9, 1923)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Julet Esqu posted:

Kids today! They're so nutty they don't know if they're boys or girls or what! A boy just wakes up in the morning and decides he wants to be a girl and these crazy mixed up kids think that's normal! :roflolmao:

Then presumably she has a new name. Why did you write her old name on the list? As a member of the LGBTQ community yourself, you should know better.
Also the suggestion that her gender identity didn't 'count' until the dick came off.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

SomeMathGuy posted:

Mark Trail Meets Olrik's Sermon on the Mount

Well yeah. He probably went through the cave.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

treasureplane posted:

This is so much better than those modern Gasoline Alley strips I've seen.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze commits loving sacrilege.

Ban WD from this thread immediately before they rape thread saints Tove Jansson and Jackel Rod!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Shai-Hulud posted:

Well yeah. He probably went through the cave.

This is the fourth or fifth time James Allen has copy-pasted that face in the second panel. I can't decide whether to be irritated at the laziness or grateful he isn't attempting to draw something beyond weird, tiny hands. What I'm subtly hinting at is that James Allen is bad. I don't like James Allen. He's a poor artist. By this point I have started to yell

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

treasureplane posted:

Goddammit I am so invested in this 90 year old story that I could easily Google the conclusion of. I can see why people loved this comic.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

This is the fourth or fifth time James Allen has copy-pasted that face in the second panel. I can't decide whether to be irritated at the laziness or grateful he isn't attempting to draw something beyond weird, tiny hands. What I'm subtly hinting at is that James Allen is bad. I don't like James Allen. He's a poor artist. By this point I have started to yell
Yeah, I had some high hopes for him back when boats were exploding and everything was fun, but this entire arc he's seemingly gone out of his way to demonstrate his myriad artistic deficiencies. That this is somehow even more boring than the average Jackelrod plot line isn't helping, either.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The first mention of a trans character, not even actually introduced yet, and the Evanses have already hosed it up in multiple ways.

I don't suppose anybody here would happen to have either of their official contact information? I don't want to turn into one of those old people who writes into newspapers to complain but some poo poo is worth griping about.

Tumblr of scotch fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 8, 2016

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

Evil Mastermind posted:

A perfect match. Zakour and Gilchrist go together like peanut butter and chocolate pus and scabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

She could be the queen of loving everywhere if she had the tiniest bit of ambition.

Your periodic reminder that everybody in Newspaper Universe has gotten a few bricks to the head.

Sincerely hope I'm misreading this and you're not actually insulting MJ because she wants to have her own life and career instead of just being the property of a powerful old man.

• Locked thread