Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You just wait 'til PI finds out what we did with all those cat pics

W..What will they do? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

cocaine dad show posted:

Am I to understand this correctly

They are waving procedural planet generation around but it's like one plantet that's done with a space station grafted on to it and it's all basically faked and citizens are lapping it up about being an elite killer, when in elite you can hop around 400 billion star systems and land on planets and mess around in a buggy having a gay old spaceman time

Correct.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Ponzi posted:

From tonight's episode of Coerce the PurseTM

So Ben's the:

Director of Community Engagement
Director of Online Strategy
Director of Spaceships

How long has he had these roles?

As a Director, is he legally responsible for the company's fair and ethical conduct with regard to these aspects?

Is he being set up as the fall-guy?

:tinfoil:

The organizational authority is inversely proportional to the length of the title. Ben has power primarily as Chris' biggest worshipper. He is akin to a beloved jester in the court of a lunatic king. His job was a reward for a lifetime of loyalty and, though it remains unspoken, his continued loyalty under any and all conditions is the primary requirement for his continued station.

Sandi appreciates his value too-- he's helping her offload a half-acre of Wing Commander detritus that has followed her around since marrying Chris over a decade ago. She also is dependent on him as co-host of the show, as he's the one who cares about Star Citizen the game they are making. (Sandi presumably cares more about Squadron 42 for reasons unrelated to the gameplay.) So theirs is a strangely symbiotic relationship.

Ben will not be made a fall guy-- at least not for anything beyond saying something inappropriate on RtV or pissing off the wrong megawhale with a forum post.

I would argue that CIG is out of plausible fall guys outside of the troika. They've purged them all in a consolidation of organizational power that is without internal checks or balances. Ortwin surely serves as a consigliere of sorts on legal and financial matters but the power of the purse belongs to Robertses (even with different last names).

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 8, 2016

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes
I stop paying attention to the thread for a couple hours and 900posts happen. ELE yet? Or did DSmart go ahead and CRobber us again?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cocaine dad show posted:

They are waving procedural planet generation around but it's like one plantet that's done with a space station grafted on to it and it's all basically faked and citizens are lapping it up about being an elite killer, when in elite you can hop around 400 billion star systems and land on planets and mess around in a buggy having a gay old spaceman time (I have elite but not bought horizons yet because my bad laptop can barely handle elite without crashing on friendship drive and I'm upgrading substantially this month and buying it because it's a good real game I can do star tourism with)

Yes. Dreams are better than an actual game.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

PhallicPhalanges posted:

I stop paying attention to the thread for a couple hours and 900posts happen. ELE yet? Or did DSmart go ahead and CRobber us again?

You haven't missed anything except Beet Wagon's cool dog.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

cocaine dad show posted:

They are waving procedural planet generation around but it's like one plantet that's done with a space station grafted on to it and it's all basically faked and citizens are lapping it up about being an elite killer, when in elite you can hop around 400 billion star systems and land on planets and mess around in a buggy having a gay old spaceman time (I have elite but not bought horizons yet because my bad laptop can barely handle elite without crashing on friendship drive and I'm upgrading substantially this month and buying it because it's a good real game I can do star tourism with)

What you're missing is that SC is going to save gaming and E:D IS A PIECE OF poo poo YOU loving GOON AND YOU DONT UDNERSTAND GAME DEVELOPMENT.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SurfaceDetail posted:

I've never watched any of these twitch things before. Holy poo poo that was awkward and cringy. You could cut the tension with a knife and awkward pauses everywhere.

Yeah there's a reason why most people on here rely on a handful of goon heroes to give us info on the cringe fests

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Did I miss anything good from RTV? Kayak and I went to the dog beach instead

I think you can hazard an educated guess

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Did the video reveal what was on their hands? Were they beer cozies? This is really the only interest I currently have in their videos.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/718548673383309312

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

:laffo:

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qiLp_j0TH8

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Lladre posted:

Ever notice they sit him directly opposite of her at all times. Like she might catch rabies or something.

Yes and it always looked funny to me, since you got two really skinny people flanking 3 fat dudes. There are a couple of recent live-streams where sandy shows up and Money gets out. I might be reading to much into it, but it really seems to confirm Sandi being a racist or at least that Money don't like her. The fact that Sandi showing up is just generally a moot kill, is just icing on the cake.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

BMan posted:

SpaceX landed their rocket on the ship :toot:

Elon Musk used 100 million of his own money to build a space rocket company from scratch and successfully launch a rocket into space before getting actual investors

Chris Roberts failed to make fake spaceships with 110million dollars

:smug:

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

Meridian posted:

You haven't missed anything except Beet Wagon's cool dog.

Well dogs are cool so that's good

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Hey everyone, you can pre-load Dark Souls III on steam now
:toot: :pgabz: :lesnick: :boom:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

cocaine dad show posted:

That's Star Citizen in a nutshell. Their promises are better than anyone else's reality.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Phi230 posted:

Yeah there's a reason why most people on here rely on a handful of goon heroes to give us info on the cringe fests
Yes, no need for any goons not so inclined to subject themselves to the miseries. Sit back and let those of us with cast iron stomachs, the patience of Job and obsessive compulsive disorders serve as your Sherpas on this climb up the world's tallest mountain of burning cash and organizational dysfunction.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

Elon Musk used 100 million of his own money to build a space rocket company from scratch and successfully launch a rocket into space before getting actual investors

Chris Roberts failed to make fake spaceships with 110million dollars

:smug:

what're you talking about

faker ships have never been made

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Plural Abysss posted:

Hey everyone, you can pre-load Dark Souls III on steam now
:toot: :pgabz: :lesnick: :boom:

Pre-loading is overvalued imo :sweden:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:five::five::five:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

It really puts into perspective how much of a waste Star Citizen is

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

This is great

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

The organizational authority is inversely proportional to the length of the title. Ben has power primarily as Chris' biggest worshipper. He is akin to a beloved jester in the court of a lunatic king. His job was a reward for a lifetime of loyalty and, though it remains unspoken, his continued loyalty under any and all conditions is the primary requirement for his continued station.

Sandi appreciates his value too-- he's helping her offload a half-acre of Wing Commander detritus that has followed her around since marrying Chris over a decade ago. She also is dependent on him as co-host of the show, as he's the one who cares about Star Citizen the game they are making. (Sandi presumably cares more about Squadron 42 for reasons unrelated to the gameplay.) So theirs is a strangely symbiotic relationship.

Ben will not be made a fall guy-- at least not for anything beyond saying something inappropriate on RtV or pissing off the wrong megawhale with a forum post.

I would argue that CIG is out of plausible fall guys outside of the troika. They've purged them all in a consolidation of organizational power that is without internal checks or balances. Ortwin surely serves as a consigliere of sorts on legal and financial matters but the power of the purse belongs to Robertses (even with different last names).

I didn't seriously think he was being set up, but his list is titles is getting longer.

One thing I do disagree with you with is that Sandi has any interest is gaming. Neither does Ortwin. IMO, Sandi wants to be a successful actor and Ortwin wants money. Pretending to be into gaming is just an act for the both of them.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Was he honestly sitting that perfectly still that whole time, or is this special effects wizardry?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

Was he honestly sitting that perfectly still that whole time, or is this special effects wizardry?

Sandi blinks for both of them

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Renon Vesir posted:

High fidelity, full color Cruella di Sandi. It's a transparent png so you can add whatever you like to the background.

Contact David Ladyman at tradersluck.com.

They are looking for a new artist, and this OWNS

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ponzi posted:

I didn't seriously think he was being set up, but his list is titles is getting longer.

One thing I do disagree with you with is that Sandi has any interest is gaming. Neither does Ortwin. IMO, Sandi wants to be a successful actor and Ortwin wants money. Pretending to be into gaming is just an act for the both of them.

Have you forgotten that Sandi used to play Doom for 16 hours a day

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ZenMaster posted:

Contact David Ladyman at tradersluck.com.

They are looking for a new artist, and this OWNS

Lol did he dump Ryan?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Atreiden posted:

2) Money showed up in the live-streams after the escapist article accused Sandi of being a racist. He is a video editor or something and have nothing to do with the game. He is literally a token black guy

Like I knew that was the actual reason, I've been following since like October, but what is the pretense for having him on there??

Like surely they didn't just go "hey we have a new cast member by the way, say hello to Money. Okay so once upon a time I played Wing Commander uYa Whoah Did Ehp Did Eh Woh Did"

So I mean if he is a video guy why is he in front of the camera CIG you have hosed up yet another thing

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

Someone edit this to be Sandi, with Derek watching from the vent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JIbnuPj84I

That was really disturbing in 1984.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I think you can hazard an educated guess

I figured as much. This seemed like a better use of my time

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Wow, that's like a real "It's hosed, you know it, God help us all." look.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Ponzi posted:

I think you missed my point.

Squadron 42 serves essentially as Sandi's professional acting debut. Of course she's interested in it, inasmuch as it means screen time with Hollywood royalty. Does she look forward to playing it? Maybe for the cut scenes-- but she's made no secret of her disinterest in gaming. She must've burned herself out with those 14 hour a day, 5 day a week college Doom sessions she talks about so fondly.

I never said Ortwin had other goals beyond financial ones and in fact I think I suggested the opposite.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 8, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

I figured as much. This seemed like a better use of my time

Look at that dogge

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

:bravo:

if you havent seen this yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

Scruffpuff posted:

yes

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

Have you forgotten that Sandi used to play Doom for 16 hours a day

So she claims, but I think it's part of the (bad) act. Has anybody been able to corroborate her claim?

I'll also bet that she pretended to be a gamer when she was originally gold-digging Crobberts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Paramemetic posted:

Like I knew that was the actual reason, I've been following since like October, but what is the pretense for having him on there??

Like surely they didn't just go "hey we have a new cast member by the way, say hello to Money. Okay so once upon a time I played Wing Commander um eh de worp ah deh waoh"

So I mean if he is a video guy why is he in front of the camera CIG you have hosed up yet another thing

And that's the thing about having a mental 12-year old as VP of marketing - there is no pretense at all. Everything Sandi does is perfectly transparent, and not a soul on the planet can't see through it. It's like watching a 3-year old kid try to trick her parents, and they pretend to fall for it, and the kid skips away with a poo poo-eating grin thinking she got away with it wholesale. Perfectly normal for a $110 million company.

• Locked thread