Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

G0RF posted:

Yes, no need for any goons not so inclined to subject themselves to the miseries. Sit back and let those of us with cast iron stomachs, the patience of Job and obsessive compulsive disorders serve as your Sherpas on this climb up the world's tallest mountain of burning cash and organizational dysfunction.

Climb the mountain of autism so the masses neef not suffer

Tge noblest of sacrifices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Official CIG anthem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RuckusRouser posted:

From the new intro Jared made for the stream.

I think it's now safe to say he officially doesn't give a poo poo about Sandi's opinion on him anymore.

The wheels are falling off.

Holy poo poo.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Paramemetic posted:

Like I knew that was the actual reason, I've been following since like October, but what is the pretense for having him on there??

Like surely they didn't just go "hey we have a new cast member by the way, say hello to Money. Okay so once upon a time I played Wing Commander uYa Whoah Did Ehp Did Eh Woh Did"

So I mean if he is a video guy why is he in front of the camera CIG you have hosed up yet another thing

Honestly I can't remember any actual reason given. Like in most of the videos he didn't even say anything, he just sad there.

EDIT: they used to have an asian guy in the background too, showed up around the same time as Money, always had this face on of disbelief. I don't think he got as much attention as Money and he might actually have had something to do with game development. Anyone knows who I'm talking about?

Atreiden fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 8, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Scruffpuff posted:

Considering the ocean of disgruntled backers that new Reddit thread has shone a light on, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if goons make up the majority of their audience at this point. We know that everything on video is documented here, then CIG reads the forums and makes changes based on what we say. I still can't get over how awesome that is. That by itself proves the company is poo poo.

The popularity of the "unpopular opinions thread" is both striking and amusing. It's at 1427 comments and 292 points (88% upvoted) now.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ponzi posted:

From tonight's episode of Coerce the PurseTM

So Ben's the:

Director of Community Engagement
Director of Online Strategy
Director of Spaceships

How long has he had these roles?

As a Director, is he legally responsible for the company's fair and ethical conduct with regard to these aspects?

Is he being set up as the fall-guy?

:tinfoil:

He's had those roles for years now.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

Yes, no need for any goons not so inclined to subject themselves to the miseries. Sit back and let those of us with cast iron stomachs, the patience of Job and obsessive compulsive disorders serve as your Sherpas on this climb up the world's tallest mountain of burning cash and organizational dysfunction.

If it weren't for you guys I'd be lost in the storm. I don't have the attention span/ I don't hate myself enough to dig through all their official communications.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

I think you missed my point.

Squadron 42 serves essentially as Sandi's professional acting debut. Of course she's interested in it, inasmuch as it means screen time with Hollywood royalty. Does she look forward to playing it? Maybe for the cut scenes-- but she's made no secret of her disinterest in gaming. She must've burned herself out with those 14 hour a day, 5 day a week college Doom sessions she talks about so fondly.

I never said Ortwin had other goals beyond financial ones and in fact I think I suggested the opposite.

Yeah sorry I did miss your point. I agree that her only interest in SQ42 is as a means to resurrect her acting 'career'.

I only threw in the bit about Ortwin because I recently watched a short video where he was saying how great gaming is and how much fun it's going to be to play SC (or some such guff). It wasn't related to anything you wrote.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

If it weren't for you guys I'd be lost in the storm. I don't have the attention span/ I don't hate myself enough to dig through all their official communications.

Don't discount your service to the thread. The dogge must go on.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Ok so, and bear with me here, in elite you can go to the uncharted backwaters of the Galaxy and discover big gay stars that no one else has seen before and admire them from your hotboxed ship, in VR, with minimal amounts of being harassed by pirates. You can do this right now on a game that exists.

And if you get interdicted you can fight back or wait a sec and then blast off at the speed of light or if you get blown up its no big deal you can just carry on. But B'Tak is not seeing this and instead chooses to post at great length about the minutiae of shields and stealth from his imagination. I mean surprised hen noise man could do all the things he wants to now, but would rather speculate out of paralysis and intense fear he may get the rumour of another player on the breath of the wind and not be able to crawl up his own rear end fast enough to retreat.

I'm like a sane version of B'Tak in that I want to do exploration and am not arsed about space combat but I'm aware I may have to do a fight and will prepare accordingly. I know these things have already been presented in the thread but I'm just having trouble knowing there's someone so afraid of contact that he refuses to have fun in the game that exists and is so utterly terrified of combat. The game he is imagining and even what star citizen is promising are so removed from reality. I think he genuinely has a personality disorder or something

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

I figured as much. This seemed like a better use of my time

:3: Look at that goofy fuzzball

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Holy poo poo.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

cocaine dad show posted:

Ok so, and bear with me here, in elite you can go to the uncharted backwaters of the Galaxy and discover big gay stars that no one else has seen before and admire them from your hotboxed ship, in VR, with minimal amounts of being harassed by pirates. You can do this right now on a game that exists.

You won't even be interdicted in the backwaters of Elite. After you get about 400LY outside the bubble you will never see another player or even NPC.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Ponzi posted:

Yeah sorry I did miss your point. I agree that her only interest in SQ42 is as a means to resurrect her acting 'career'.

I only threw in the bit about Ortwin because I recently watched a short video where he was saying how great gaming is and how much fun it's going to be to play SC (or some such guff). It wasn't related to anything you wrote.

Can one resurrect that which has never lived?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:perfect:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
A reminder that Lando is just as guilty as Ben is of fostering a vile community, selling lies and prolonging this fraud.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

None of the things he speculated about at great length have even been promised or talked about in any way he just assumes so much I want to blow his ship up so bad and im not even a combat guy :negative:

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

TTerrible posted:

A reminder that Lando is just as guilty as Ben is of fostering a vile community, selling lies and prolonging this fraud.

exactly the reason I don't get that some people defend Lando

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

cocaine dad show posted:

None of the things he speculated about at great length have even been promised or talked about in any way he just assumes so much I want to blow his ship up so bad and im not even a combat guy :negative:

B'Tak is Star Citizen's most promising feature

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Atreiden posted:

He isn't as fat as Ben, doesn't talk about Wing Commander and is witty. It seems to erase all the other points :v:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

B'Tak is Star Citizen's most promising feature

It's the only one I'm looking forward to. Captain B'Tak is like the treasure goblins in Diablo 3.

That gives me an idea: in Solar Plebian, a ship "Captain B'Tak" should occasionally spawn and fly away from you desperately and erratically, exploding in a shower of goodies if you manage to blow him up before his inevitable jump from the system.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 8, 2016

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

TTerrible posted:

He isn't as fat as Ben, doesn't talk about Wing Commander and is witty. It seems to erase all the other points :v:

yeah, he is the kind of guy you would like to have a beer with, which makes him the perfect conman.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Thoatse posted:

I hope someone can fix this...

What's there to fix, it already looks like Chris.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Bio Scanners should NOT be capable of being "detailed" in detecting life forms in a Ship....

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6549057/#Comment_6549057

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Goobs posted:

this ones my fave

Jesus christ, leave you guys with 32-bit PNGs, go out for work, come back and you've already brought out the sweaty CPAPs and wrist-glowsticks.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Goobs posted:

what are the graphs on the screen for? Poop and piss levels?

They triple every second.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Rhonda Mitra - her Squadron 42 cast mate...

Yeah, was my second choice.

Skellybones posted:

I can't decide between Gary Oldman and Gillian Anderson.

Now that's just mean :D :D :D

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cocaine dad show posted:

We all want to blow him up. I think it's the one thing everyone in this thread can agree on.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Nerfgun made the same point I made in this thread almost verbatim. Maybe I should go undercover and stir the B'Tak pot a bit.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

It's the only one I'm looking forward to. Captain B'Tak is like the treasure goblins in Diablo 3.

That gives me an idea: in Solar Plebian, a ship "Captain B'Tak" should occasionally spawn and fly away from you desperately and erratically, exploding in a shower of goodies if you manage to blow him up before his inevitable jump from the system.

I'd really support this if I didn't believe it would monopolize the entire game

Once you add him, you would be real tempted to add fake chat messages from him, non-working defensive features that he tries desperately... Hell, I'd want to find him mining some rock so that I could almost kill him eight or nine times while he's oh-so-slowly inching away in his mining pram

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Atreiden posted:

Lando helped make that swanky Retaliator model that hangs out in the background of the set.

As a fellow model builder, I gotta give him a minute amount of props for that.

Still 99% scorn & disappointment tho

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

So, uhm, who wants to go tell them? :D

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

tooterfish posted:

Kakarot posted:

Who would play Ben?
I can think of two or three people.

This is a really good benfat joke well done

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi,

Im sure youre all habving tons of fun swearing at the video game company, but dont forget to call your parents now and again. they'd like that

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I liked the bit where Lando spent a prolonged period of time blankly-staring into the middle distance while utterly rigid with suppressed anger, as the conversation choked to death around him.

I liked that bit too, it was like a gif with a section completely frozen, kinda freaky.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cocaine dad show posted:

And if you get interdicted you can fight back or wait a sec and then blast off at the speed of light or if you get blown up its no big deal you can just carry on. But B'Tak is not seeing this and instead chooses to post at great length about the minutiae of shields and stealth from his imagination. I mean surprised hen noise man could do all the things he wants to now, but would rather speculate out of paralysis and intense fear he may get the rumour of another player on the breath of the wind and not be able to crawl up his own rear end fast enough to retreat.

I'm like a sane version of B'Tak in that I want to do exploration and am not arsed about space combat but I'm aware I may have to do a fight and will prepare accordingly. I know these things have already been presented in the thread but I'm just having trouble knowing there's someone so afraid of contact that he refuses to have fun in the game that exists and is so utterly terrified of combat. The game he is imagining and even what star citizen is promising are so removed from reality. I think he genuinely has a personality disorder or something

You know this really gets me thinking.

When star citizen explodes where are all these weirdos gonna go?

There will be like a wave of deluded nerds jnvading forums and game communities everywhere

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

wonderful

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1aXXX_oqP8

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Sappo569 posted:

So a new game (early access) was released on steam: Game Tycoon 2

What are the chances we can build a development studio and run it like CIG, into (short term) financial success?

I'll be very disappointed if there is no 'snort coke and then ramble on camera for 2 hours' option for media presence

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404640/?snr=1_5_9__205

drat you. I was addicted to the first one, and the prospect of trying to emulate CIG is just too much.

Going to abstain until tomorrow, perhaps later, otherwise I won't get any work done for days.

• Locked thread