Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like MCS when he actually posts. MCS, where are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

SirSamVimes posted:

This is probably the biggest point in Don's favour. ##unvote I doubt that it's a fakeclaim with such a clear tie to a flipped character.
Hmm that's a good point

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

I Do Not

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
##unvote

##vote propaganda machine

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SirSamVimes posted:

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

To anyone who cares, I will likely be around very little for today: Work bullshit has come up. I'll probably super mega effort post someone on Saturday.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

GulagDolls posted:

lets loving kill MCS

He said he is at work until Saturday and would have a megapost for us so at least wait until that deadline is passed before we lynch a lurker.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I have spent the past eight hours in a chair without my phone listening to Very Important Decision makers prattle on and on about how important their job is and how much progress they've made in two years.

So, if I can have a bit to get out of DC traffic, change out of uniform, and catch up, I'd appreciate it.

Also, if any of you can vote against any U.S. congresscritter who wants to increase military spending, I will take that too.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Updated Update:

Votecount for Day 2
TheDonPeters (4): Mayor Glowku, Azuth0667, gannyGrabber, Khris Kruel
Propoganda Machine (3): King Burgundy, Infinitum, Rascyc
Azuth (2): Kashuno, Friction.123
Infinitum (1): Propaganda Machine
King Burgundy (1): Jimson
Ganny (1): Rarity
Glowku (1): TheDonPeters
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (1): GulagDolls

Not Voting (6): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Tommunist, White Noise Marine, tpink, Shadow0, SirSamVimes

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 09th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EST

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Azuth0667 posted:

He is gibbis crew you did not include him in your list of people so I did not address him. Do you have a reason I should suspect him?

- Initially ignored YPM's claim that Taste was scum
- Helped push through the YPM lynch
- Actively tried to discourage discussion on D1 by claiming talking was pointless
- Claimed that the game would start properly on D2, proceeded to post nothing of value on D2
- Now pushing the Don bandwagon which is a bad bandwagon

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ras, can you take a look at Ganny and tell me what you think?

KB, seeing as you're here could you do the same?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

- Actively tried to discourage discussion on D1 by claiming talking was pointless
- Claimed that the game would start properly on D2, proceeded to post nothing of value on D2

This seems mostly reasonable.

The one thing I'll disagree with out of hand is the first point. I thought the same thing about Rascyc because of that, and look how that turned out? :)

The two bolded I think are the strongest.

I like my gut read on Prop better, but I'd vote Ganny.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Gotta leave the house soon, so can't do a full reread to fact check you, but the above is my take on your summary.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

This seems mostly reasonable.

The one thing I'll disagree with out of hand is the first point. I thought the same thing about Rascyc because of that, and look how that turned out? :)

The two bolded I think are the strongest.

I like my gut read on Prop better, but I'd vote Ganny.

My gut's been leaning slightly town on PMach so far, though I admit my eyes kinda glazed over when she got into that series of :words: posts with Infinitum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm happy with my vote on azuth. The fervor with which they like lovely lunches is bad and I feel comes from a non town perspective. I will vote for prop machine if I check back in tomorrow

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Rarity I also call your attention here, to a post made by Glowku of all people.

Mayor Glowku posted:

Exhibit A:

If this little wimp was trying to sandbag and prove he isn't scum by saying what scum WOULD do, it only points more to him being scum.

Exhibit B:

Yet again this points to being scum. The whole "I'm only pretending to be an idiot" scenario never works on the Champ!

It's a bit early to tell but he's definitely on the Champ's radar.

The posts he quotes from PMach strike me as quite damning, particularly the "I'm only trolling" half assed attempt at backing down.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
The Champ has a busy night, I'll be back later tonight. Until then ##unvote

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I can't speak for all of it but, I can address some of it.

Rarity posted:

Anything YPM said didn't matter the perception I personally got from the thread from the "pros" was what you would expect from a random public dota match. All the experienced people being huge dicks to the new people and constantly telling how to "play the right way." YPM was the biggest turd so he went out the window and he directly antagonized us. You guys can keep pointing to us getting YPM this like its something of relevance but, it really isn't.

The bottom line was he antagonized us so we stopped giving a poo poo about anything he said and tossed him out the window. Antagonizing us then going "lol gibbis" and puppetmastering was not a good way to approach us at all. We had a reason to unify and it had the result we wanted the shitlorde was ejected. Additionally anime pig guy was on this list too and was going out the window next for the same reason.

Rarity posted:

He's correct though aside from someone loving up its random selection then going off of who pushed for what the next day. You guys understand whatever ~the meta~ is and know each other's tells, we don't, we're new.

Rarity posted:

I have nothing for this and this is probably the only valid point.

Rarity posted:

Cultural differences we don't appreciate lurking hence:

Never stop posting

and we don't have anything better to go on.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
People I would be fine lynching:

Azuth for his obsessions with bad bandwagons and attempts to keep the thread focused on lurker hunting instead of, you know, scumhunting.

PMach for the reasons stated above.

gannyGrabber for what rarity pointed out.

Kashuno but only if he actually gets into a thunderdome with Glowku.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Friction.123 posted:

People I would be fine lynching:

Azuth for his obsessions with bad bandwagons and attempts to keep the thread focused on lurker hunting instead of, you know, scumhunting.

The one thing I will say is that I disagree that trying to toss lurkers is bad. I wish we did more of it. Sometimes I'm in games where all the scum were lurking and it is super frustrating. If we did this every game, people would stop lurking.

But a point against him is he wasn't chasing the biggest lurkers.

K, heading out. Maybe phone posting in a bit.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Azuth0667 posted:

He's correct though aside from someone loving up its random selection then going off of who pushed for what the next day.

This is disagree with. Even though chances aren't great of hitting scum on D1, the comments that people make and the connections that people lay down by accusing/defending others can be the difference between catching scum or not days down the line. It's not about the immediate result, it's about building a foundation that gives town the tools for victory down the line.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Rarity posted:

Ras, can you take a look at Ganny and tell me what you think?

Maybe you should take a good, long look at yourself instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, it's ganny not Ganny.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

King Burgundy posted:

The one thing I will say is that I disagree that trying to toss lurkers is bad. I wish we did more of it. Sometimes I'm in games where all the scum were lurking and it is super frustrating. If we did this every game, people would stop lurking.

But a point against him is he wasn't chasing the biggest lurkers.

K, heading out. Maybe phone posting in a bit.

This is exactly what I'm saying, I have nothing against lynching lurkers, but Azuth has been single-minded in his pursuit of whatever target he picks (YPM, then Don) even when evidence begins to pile up that said target is not a good lynch. Every post he makes is focused on this, to the point where it strikes me as trying to keep the conversation focused entirely on said target.

That and repeatedly asking for who to kill. We're not much smarter than you Azuth, possibly dumber. Go back and read people, tell us who you think is scum, if you make a good case we'll be happy to vote right along with you.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Friction.123 posted:

possibly dumber.

Most certainly dumber, in your case! Bahahahaha!!!!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Friction.123 posted:

This is exactly what I'm saying, I have nothing against lynching lurkers, but Azuth has been single-minded in his pursuit of whatever target he picks (YPM, then Don) even when evidence begins to pile up that said target is not a good lynch. Every post he makes is focused on this, to the point where it strikes me as trying to keep the conversation focused entirely on said target.

That and repeatedly asking for who to kill. We're not much smarter than you Azuth, possibly dumber. Go back and read people, tell us who you think is scum, if you make a good case we'll be happy to vote right along with you.

What's wrong with standing by my vote unless there is some compelling evidence/reason?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Friction.123 posted:

Right. It's one thing to say let's lynch poster X when that poster is just lurking. But it's another to keep going even when Poster X comes back and starts posting content and generally seems like maybe they shouldn't be the bandwagon target. (And this is not necessarily directed just at Azuth - think that might cover other people too, at least earlier on.)

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Azuth0667 posted:

What's wrong with standing by my vote unless there is some compelling evidence/reason?

Ignoring the evidence and shouting until everyone joins your crusade?

Especially once DonPeters starting posting and you ignored it, despite the fact that there were plenty of other lurker targets you could have switched to if you were actually sincere about lynching lurkers.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Azuth0667 posted:

If the only original reason for the vote was that the lurker wasn't posting enough, and then they come back and post a bunch, isn't that a good reason to unvote?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Ok so if I draw an arbitrary line at 25 posts:

Who should we kill on that list of players?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Azuth0667 posted:

Here is the best reason to unvote Don.

His flavour claim is Sir Bors. Seeing as he is the knight who got killed by the Rabbit, he is obviously the lynchee. With a link like that, his claim is probably legitimate and not a fakeclaim.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm genuinely curious Azuth, and if we get close to deadline you will have my vote on your lyncher pain train.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
*Now* Azuth stops posting? :shrug:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
How do I only have 24 posts?
I'm on Summer break; I've been reading this thread all day every day.
Maybe I should break my posts into multiple ones.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think pushing for unpopular bandwagons is something scum would do, but it is what Azuth is doing.
I don't really think he is scum, but I can't be sure.
I also really don't think Don is scum, I think he's just new and busy.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Shadow0 posted:

I don't think pushing for unpopular bandwagons is something scum would do, but it is what Azuth is doing.
I don't really think he is scum, but I can't be sure.
I also really don't think Don is scum, I think he's just new and busy.

Why do you think it's an unpopular bandwagon? It's still got a bunch of votes for it and only a handful of people saying anything against it.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel like of the 21 players left, I know almost nothing about a alot of them.
I'd like to hear more from Propaganda Machine, Friction, Tommunist, Flying Leatherman, Jimson, SirSamVimes, and Tremendous Taste.
Not to say I suspect them, just that I don't know how I feel about them yet.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

tpink posted:

Why do you think it's an unpopular bandwagon? It's still got a bunch of votes for it and only a handful of people saying anything against it.

Some people were calling it unpopular - or more like I guess they were just calling it bad.
I didn't think it was one way or the other, but that's what people were saying.
Though I guess it would matter more if he thought it was not going well and kept on it, rather than just a few people he didn't care about calling it bad.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I really hope we can thin out the numbers soon because I'm starting to think 23 players is just too many.
Especially without even knowing what roles are available or how many players are scum or even how many factions there are.
(I/) We just know way too little now.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadow0 posted:

I'd like to hear more from... Tremendous Taste.

Haha pay attention bro

Flying Leatherman posted:

Tremendous Taste, ????-aligned ????, disappeared Night 1

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

so since nobody else is paying attention i'd just like to claim that mcs is scorpion-aligned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Shadow0 posted:

I'd like to hear more from Propaganda Machine, Friction, Tommunist, Flying Leatherman, Jimson, SirSamVimes, and Tremendous Taste.
Not to say I suspect them, just that I don't know how I feel about them yet.

Hi, we would like to know you better too. I've been doing my best to post relevant information and opinions, why don't you join us and we can have a good time hunting scum together?

• Locked thread