Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Atreiden posted:

Yes and it always looked funny to me, since you got two really skinny people flanking 3 fat dudes. There are a couple of recent live-streams where sandy shows up and Money gets out. I might be reading to much into it, but it really seems to confirm Sandi being a racist or at least that Money don't like her. The fact that Sandi showing up is just generally a moot kill, is just icing on the cake.

And so next time RTV comes on we will see Sandi sitting on Money's lap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TTerrible posted:

A reminder that Lando is just as guilty as Ben is of fostering a vile community, selling lies and prolonging this fraud.

:agreed:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Sillybones posted:

Player made stations sounds like persistence enough for me.

I was going to buy it anyway just for VR.

More like "player unmade stations" but you aren't too far wrong!

At some point player mini-statiins were to be a thing, but it won't be done this year, probably. This year Elite is focusing on mini ship hangers for your ship so your ship itself is a kind of station

That and multicrew, which means the longer SC takes the smaller the gap between features SC currently has over Elite becomes

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sillybones posted:

Nice mod. Maybe don't have your clan tag at the end of the video like that.

drat rookies...

i do wonder if chris looks at the state of his own FPS and still thinks "yeah we're on target for the best playable soldiers on the simulated battlefield"... or if he just winces remembering that he said that.

I'm assuming it's the former.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

Shaddddddup or just tell us what we want to hear already

The E.L.E. is real :smug:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MeLKoR posted:

yeeeeeeees :laugh:

In this latest war, pretty much all those tables have turned — if they haven't, it's most likely because they've been destroyed in the meantime instead.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

D_Smart posted:

I'm content to let it play out and laugh in real time without hastling for deets, it's going to happen so enjoy the long reveal imo

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
I've got news for you. With 8ace, and that other chap either curtailing and disappearing, and me just watching some of here flail about, you're going to have to come up with your own material now. That's what happens when some of you continue to kick the Golden geese in the balls.

And when the E.L.E does happen, as shocked as some will be, you all would have missed everything leading up to it.

So yeah, nice job.
Derek it's been pretty obvious since the release of Arena Commander in August 2014 that CIG didn't really have a clue what they were doing. If the failure happens because they run out of money or some government agency finally takes a look, it doesn't really matter. 8aces code was pretty poo poo and he rightly got called on it. Bollocks is bollocks. I probably follow the goings on at CIG more closely than 98% of people here and although I'm willing to cut someone some slack for continuing to work for CIG for a paycheck, the fact remains that vulnerable idiots are having their lives screwed with by a soulless marketing machine. If you're still working for CIG at this point you made bad life choices no matter how good any potential titbits of gossip you might drop in the thread are.

I think you're a hero for forcing refunds through and warning people off, but people working at CIG that can't handle a bit of ribbing in the thread don't concern me in the slightest.

:agreed:

Point well made. Point well taken.

Also....

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/718501160617918464

ps: I don't think 8Ace intended for the code to be cracked btw. Considering the ambiguous clue*, which he hastily put together apparently while intoxicated on Tequila.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=3005&perpage=40#post458362254

quote:

Guess this thread will close shortly so Ill leave you with this.
The professor and Beer have inspired the collective. lets play a game
Figure this out and it will tell you all you need to know. Identities will be revealed and a full image will shimmer into view. The whole thing from pre crashed enzo's right up to now. Its not a joke its real

3/35/101/21/10/5/14/6/34/1/23/22/4/29/9/19/2/11

Hint: 64652067656b6b6520646f6b7465722077696a737420646520776567

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

orcinus posted:

What's there to fix, it already looks like Chris.

Slap on Chris's hairdo and it will be good to go

runsamok posted:

Lando helped make that swanky Retaliator model that hangs out in the background of the set.

As a fellow model builder, I gotta give him a minute amount of props for that.

Still 99% scorn & disappointment tho

Howso? That was all CombustableProps and FireSpikez doing as far as I know...

Also, hello fellow model builder o9

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
welp whoever else left CIG last week remains unverifiable. Since thread treasure AP seems to have been the only one to correctly pick a name out of a hat I'm gonna forego deducting points for misses and buy him an avatar. If anyone has any suggestions please post them.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D1E posted:

Not quite sure how I kicked you in the balls there, Derek.

In fact, I'm pretty sure you're honest enough with yourself to admit that you do tend to speak in bombastic rhetoric with a tendency to exaggerate. Golden geese, you know.

The simple fact is that we haven't yet seen any direct confirmation of an Extinction Level Event (itself, an exaggerated bombastic description if there ever was one), and are looking for something more concrete than "They're hosed. Two weeks. The end."

You seem to that as a personal attack. I would ask you to take a few deep breaths, take your medication, and reflect for a few minutes. Is asking for more concrete information from insider sources really too much to ask? And how does that "kick you in the balls"?

Sorry, that was poor wording on my part. The "you" was not referencing YOU in particular. It was more directed toward those who keep going on about 8ace, that other guy, me etc - because STUFF ISN'T HAPPENING. This despite the fact - we have repeatedly - indicated that this is NOT about shits 'n giggles, and we HAVE to be responsible and mindful of those who are completely innocent in the RSI/CIG poo poo-show.

We're not irresponsible enough to be goaded into anything. Heck, despite the wanton harassment, the minute I uncover some rear end-clown and put them under siege, some here on SA are quick to whip out the "creep", "doxing" cards etc. Then I remember back when I was being attacked for pointing out "leavers". Then I stopped. etc.

You simply can't have your cake and eat it to. So, since most people here were expecting it to collapse anyway, there's nothing that me or any insider or leaver can do/say, to change or hasten the outcome. So there is no incentive anymore.

e.g. some crazy serious poo poo happened in the UK in the last two weeks that ONLY close sources and insiders know. It's very - loving - serious. Neither myself, nor 8Ace posted about it. The same thing happened here in the US. Not a peep. There IS a reason for that.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:monocle:

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

A Neurotic Jew posted:

welp whoever else left CIG last week remains unverifiable. Since thread treasure AP seems to have been the only one to correctly pick a name out of a hat I'm gonna forego deducting points for misses and buy him an avatar. If anyone has any suggestions please post them.

The chicken saying B'Tak gif

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
ok I'll bite, what's E.L.E?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

cocaine dad show posted:

I'm content to let it play out and laugh in real time without hastling for deets, it's going to happen so enjoy the long reveal imo

I don't want to ruin the surprise, there's no way they could get out of this. Not with their penchant for always choosing the worst option.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

BULBASAUR posted:

Exaggeration Level Event

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Ben trips and falls and causes a dust plume that blocks out the sun

Cheen fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 9, 2016

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Sillybones posted:

Does she mean Quake? Why would you play Doom 16 hours a day?

:aaa: WOW

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

D_Smart posted:

I've got news for you. With 8ace, and that other chap either curtailing and disappearing, and me just watching some of here flail about, you're going to have to come up with your own material now. That's what happens when some of you continue to kick the Golden geese in the balls.

And when the E.L.E does happen, as shocked as some will be, you all would have missed everything leading up to it.

So yeah, nice job. :smug:

You got nothing

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

BULBASAUR posted:

Extreme Lawsuit Escalating

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

grimcreaper posted:

Considering you have an actual vested interest in Star Citizen failing, becuase you are making a space sim game as well while stealing features from CiG, its probably a good idea to stay away from the forums for a long time. Your legal team wont like it when CiG hires a real Lawyer (not Ortwin) and they start hammering damages out against you. Might actually be funny to see CiG fail and then have Derek Smart be forced to pay out their damages as restitution for the employees at CiG.

Yeah, OK. Whatever. Forum internet lawyer nobody.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Justin Tyme posted:

Derek I know you probably know all sorts of cool crazy stuff going on behind the scenes but please stop posting over-excited claims about stuff until they already happen because you've been going on about stuff that was going to happen "any day now" since like last fall.

I like you man but it's like stirring people up about getting a rad new NASA job because they called you for an interview but then they never called back after the fact, while your sweet aunt goes around thinking you are an astronaut now.

You know there's like an ignore list, right? Put me in it. Problem solved.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Not really because legal wouldn't approve it, you blue-balling bastard.

loving lol that you think this. Like every part of this.

When star citizen launches and makes you look the fool, I'll be on the side that says 'Derek was wrong. Chris Roberts made an amazing game.' Then when the legal fallout occurs and Derek Smart is off paying for Sandi's acting career, I will laugh. There's a reason she was cast next to Hollywood greats like mark Hamill and Garry oldman. She's better than Gillian Anderson by far.

Unpopular opinions of sales. Gogogo

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

D_Smart posted:

Sorry, that was poor wording on my part. The "you" was not referencing YOU in particular. It was more directed toward those who keep going on about 8ace, that other guy, me etc - because STUFF ISN'T HAPPENING. This despite the fact - we have repeatedly - indicated that this is NOT about shits 'n giggles, and we HAVE to be responsible and mindful of those who are completely innocent in the RSI/CIG poo poo-show.

We're not irresponsible enough to be goaded into anything. Heck, despite the wanton harassment, the minute I uncover some rear end-clown and put them under siege, some here on SA are quick to whip out the "creep", "doxing" cards etc. Then I remember back when I was being attacked for pointing out "leavers". Then I stopped. etc.

You simply can't have your cake and eat it to. So, since most people here were expecting it to collapse anyway, there's nothing that me or any insider or leaver can do/say, to change or hasten the outcome. So there is no incentive anymore.

e.g. some crazy serious poo poo happened in the UK in the last two weeks that ONLY close sources and insiders know. It's very - loving - serious. Neither myself, nor 8Ace posted about it. The same thing happened here in the US. Not a peep. There IS a reason for that.

What I want to know is IF STUFF IS HAPPENING why is nothing appear to be HAPPENING!?

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
What did the thread even do to get EightAce to leave anyway? I know Bootcha left because his wife got probated (???), but I have no idea what happened here.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Good Dumplings posted:

What did the thread even do to get EightAce to leave anyway? I know Bootcha left because his wife got probated (???), but I have no idea what happened here.

8ace said he got drunk and made a secret code which if solved would reveal his identity.

:iiam:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Good Dumplings posted:

:fuzzknot: (Bootcha's girlfriend) turned psycho and and was probated, and then forced Bootcha to leave the thread. Although we are assuming they they are not one and the same and it really was a Psycho moment.

No one did anything to EightAce, he/they posted a drunken clue that no one could possibly get then woke up and regretted it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Reading that Reddit thread was like reading 1400 people all channeling their inner Beers and speaking boldly that which they would otherwise never dare admit openly in official forums and threads.

There are 1400 messages, and each one is unique-- yet they all are saying the same thing in different ways.

"I'm afraid Derek Smart was right."

If I were you, Derek, I'd finish your business for the day, eat a celebratory meal with your wife, then sit down to your computer with a scotch and a big rear end Cuban cigar. Savor every single post. You've earned it, man.

Indeed. I've been reading it off and on during the day. It's all just so surreal to me, tbh :smug:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It's not parpy or SC related but:

something like that would always get my attention.

AP stuff is as good as the thread gets so something that really pops would make sure I never miss it. But it may be better being Parpy.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

hakimashou posted:

8ace said he got drunk and made a secret code which if solved would reveal his identity.

drat it Derek don't you spread lies about us, we didn't do nothing :mad:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SurfaceDetail posted:

Everyone remember that time Call of Duty got sued for 100 million and lost because one of their developers said Battlefield sucked?

LOL!!. No.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Can you plead the fifth if you don't want to incriminate your deity?

No. Plus the judge can compel an answer.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Jokes, how do they work?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

But is it persistent?

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Hey Smart what about that David Jenneson (or whoever) letter about how hosed CIGs character art process is? Seems like that guy got kinda hosed over what with his name being attached to that - I don't remember if you were the source of that or the one that named him. Just curious because man that letter was good and rang true big time

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Jokes, how do they work?

That's literally the inverse of the 5th though and Derek has once asked someone if they too were on the spectrum, so I understand.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

hakimashou posted:

Yeah nobody really drove him off. A few people were butt hurt about being blue balled again, but it seems like me made a conscious decision to hang back for now

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

G0RF posted:

It's not parpy or SC related but:

something like that would always get my attention.

AP stuff is as good as the thread gets so something that really pops would make sure I never miss it. But it may be better being Parpy.

I like this because the straightforwardness fits with AP's posting style. needs some kind of flourish to tie it back to this thread though. I will see what I can do.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, OK. Whatever. Forum internet lawyer nobody.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Literally Kermit posted:

Speaking as the official leader/public face/fall guy of the Diamond Frogs, the goons of Elite make poo poo happen out of squeezing fun out of the game anyway they can. :getin:

The procedural generated systems created a lot of emergent storytelling, which I won't get into here. Goons took that ball and ran with it, and having watched from the beginning they've created a pretty epic story, one of a rise to power, betrayal, darkest hour, and 11th hour redemption - the works. None of this was forced whatsoever.

When we tussle with another player organization, they often have cool stories too, and I make it a point to incorporate them into our own, if only so it's all the more satisfying when we hand them their own asses. It also gives me ready-made background info to tell my pilots, in hopes they use it to taunt their foes. To me, that's great - that's what immersion means to me.

Unsurprisingly, Star Citizen is guilty of the same shallowness that many Citizens accuse Elite of having; they have chosen to be blind to it. There's people who would do it, but really, who the gently caress would make drink mixing or scanning a nebula for trace elements or whatever a full time thing? Ultimately, it's the interaction you have with a game's universe that should keep you coming back to it and where Elite has thousands of inhabited systems to gently caress around with and literally trillions of others to explore.

Star Citizen? 100 systems. "Handcrafted" which means whatever story they half rear end it to you is the story you get. Which is fitting because the game is framed around episodic content, which absolutely makes anything you do in the game meaningless, because it might not fit around CiG's narrative. That Bad guy you killed? He will be back next time you clear the mission with a friend! That's not 'persistent' and that is not immersion. :colbert:

Meanwhile, in Elite: Dangerous, the ex-Federation President was discovered alive in an escape pod after literal months of being presumed dead. She not only survived, she's been revived and now is talking about weird poo poo of seeing the universe for what it really is. Meanwhile meanwhile, alien artifacts that ruin stations they are stored in, and barnacles were found in the Pleiades that suck up trace minerals from planets and grow a metal ally that we only have to partially destroy to harvest! Nothing bad will come of that... right? "ohdear:

This is developing in real time, and once something happens, it happened - no take-backs. In conclusion Star Citizen can take its fake hollywood scripted bullshit and shove it up its rear end!

Thanks for reading, did not mean to effortpost. I'm getting too :jiggled: for this poo poo.

By the way, what happened in the end with Emperor´s Grace (If not mistaken, you took their main system no?)? Did they ever try to recover their cap system?

• Locked thread