Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm actually leaning the opposite direction: large pits of urine and feces in the middle of unwalled rooms. Try to work around THAT, restaurant designers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

goose fleet posted:

Public multi-person bathrooms in general are gross as gently caress and should just be replaced with single-person bathrooms because why the gently caress do we need to piss and poo poo in proximity of each other that's like extremely uncomfortable and awkward

But then people will just start pissing and making GBS threads in the hallway when the single person bathroom is full and the lineup is super long and there's just one guy sitting in there texting on his phone or playing clash of clans instead of just making GBS threads and getting out so the next person can go.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

oldpainless posted:

I wouldn't want a man in the same restroom as my nieces or daughter.

That excuse will only get you out of being the one to take them when they've got to go for so long.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
These are the sacrifices that we must make as a civilization to get rid of the possibility of those times when you're sitting there trying to lay a log in the toilet and someone comes in and starts styling themselves in front of the mirror and you're just holding it in and clenching and biting your lip and begging silently for them to leave and then they get a phonecall and your face starts going red from the exertion and they're just yapping and yapping and they make some snide comment about "haha yeah there's someone trying to take a dump in the bathroom omg lol" and they're giggling about it and you feel like your bowel movement is about to become a bowel revolution and then this person just strolls on by and instead of picking a far-off stall they pick the one right next to you and plop themselves right down and let off a few courtesy coughs that then turn into courtesy farts as they expect you to leave the bathroom first instead of them even though you were there in the first place so you stand up and you try to shuffle out of the stall with your legs tightly together to hold back the oncoming volcano and that's when the person suddenly leaves their stall and they make eye contact with you and assert their dominance and they have won and you have lost and as you start to tear up you lose control of yourself and start sharting all over the tiled bathroom walls and they're just laughing and uploading awkward shots of you to Instagram

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

hyperhazard posted:

And this entitled rear end:

This is my new favorite pro-Trump post. "America has gone to hell because of businessmen! That's why we should elect a professional businessman!"

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Fashionable Jorts posted:

"illegally forced into law by the government" is one of the more interesting sentences I've read in a while. Like, I can't even be mad at that stupidity, I genuinely want to ask how he thinks that works.

I've heard lots of people claim that the SC created a law allowing gay marriage and also Scalia himself went on a rant about the SC being a group of un-elected judges throwing their power around.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Someone painted their Star Wars X-wing Miniatures in a rainbow. This is clearly a move by "the gays" to infringe on more of are Christian rights.

I like how the guy basically goes spoiling for a fight because rainbows, without anything overt from the OP besides "here's my ships I painted." What kind of life must you live where representations of refracted light are triggering.

E: Daughter who I sometimes play this game with caught me looking at this and thought it was cute and now wants rainbow x-wings.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Scathach posted:

...which is why people who identify as males won't be in the woman's restroom and never were! Problem solved, no stupid-rear end, tax-wasting, hate-driven legislation needed. Wallah.

Oh well that was super easy

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

oldpainless posted:

Oh well that was super easy

Unfortunately now that I used "walla" I think we have to eat something off the floor like a animal :ohdear:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Otisburg posted:

I like how the guy basically goes spoiling for a fight because rainbows, without anything overt from the OP besides "here's my ships I painted." What kind of life must you live where representations of refracted light are triggering.

E: Daughter who I sometimes play this game with caught me looking at this and thought it was cute and now wants rainbow x-wings.

My mom is like this. Very possessive of rainbows. "What if I just like rainbows?" Then get things that are obviously rainbow-themed, not just rainbow-colored. Add a couple of clouds on either end, nobody's gonna think you're a lesbian in your fifties, mom.

I don't remember her being particularly interested in rainbows ever, at all, before or despite its gay associations, though.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Scathach posted:

Unfortunately now that I used "walla" I think we have to eat something off the floor like a animal :ohdear:

No, no, that's Enrique's job.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Whites

I am sad that he went with Caucasians instead of the classic "fighting whities"

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Scalia himself went on a rant about the SC being a group of un-elected judges throwing their power around.

[img-ever-expanding-ironicat.gif.js]

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Bruce Springsteen cancelled a concert in North Carolina and his Facebook post about it is filling up with "fans" telling him that he shouldn't bring his politics into his music.

Have these people not listened to a Springsteen song or are they the kind of people who think Born in the USA is some super patriotic song?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
People want celebrities to be inoffensive as possible and not have their own opinions so they can enjoy the artists work without feeling conflicted or challenged.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
"Stay in your own lane" = I'm a huge babby who can't stand opinions not mine

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Facebook Trending News vs. Nazis vs. Jews Beer pong: Holocaust jokes aside, America's arbitrarily high drinking age is what I want to talk about

Not tolerating Holocaust jokes is a form of intolerance! Checkmate, athetits

You will be unsurprised to learn that this girl's personal page was just a pukefest of antisemitic posts

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

cash crab posted:

Not tolerating Holocaust jokes is a form of intolerance!

Yes, of course it is. Look at what you wrote!

There are lots of things that we as a society are intolerant of, like stabbing people or parking in front of fire hydrants or racism (ideally). It's ok to be intolerant of some things, it's why we have a legal code. Objecting to Holocaust jokes is a perfectly acceptable form of intolerance. Don't accept the rhetorical framing that because you're against some kinds of intolerance you have to be against all kinds, friend crab.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Subjunctive posted:

Yes, of course it is. Look at what you wrote!

There are lots of things that we as a society are intolerant of, like stabbing people or parking in front of fire hydrants or racism (ideally). It's ok to be intolerant of some things, it's why we have a legal code. Objecting to Holocaust jokes is a perfectly acceptable form of intolerance. Don't accept the rhetorical framing that because you're against some kinds of intolerance you have to be against all kinds, friend crab.

I have been awake for about 18 hours so I'm unclear on your tone, but just so you know, I was being ironic and don't agree with the image's message. I'm against lots of stuff. Holocaust jokes, for example.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

cash crab posted:

I have been awake for about 18 hours so I'm unclear on your tone, but just so you know, I was being ironic and don't agree with the image's message. I'm against lots of stuff. Holocaust jokes, for example.

I just woke up after a 6 hour flu nap, so I'm unclear on my tone, but I meant that what you wrote is literally true, but that's fine because some kinds of intolerance are cool and good.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Subjunctive posted:

Objecting to Holocaust jokes is a perfectly acceptable form of intolerance.

cash crab posted:

I'm against lots of stuff. Holocaust jokes, for example.

:gas:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Subjunctive posted:

I just woke up after a 6 hour flu nap, so I'm unclear on my tone, but I meant that what you wrote is literally true, but that's fine because some kinds of intolerance are cool and good.

I wish I could play a game of chess with you right now, it would be so loving horrible and hilarious.

e: Because we are both so tired. Please help me.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

cash crab posted:

Jesus if you were on the West side of Canada I'd drive you beers for sleep.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I need multiculturalism because a bunch of globalists told me that my culture is inferior and needs to be enriched.

I need illegal immigration because the only way to make my country better is to allow infinity third world people to invade it and exploit its welfare system.

I need affirmative action because I think that ending racial discrimination at the work place can only be achieved by using racial quotas to determine who gets the job.

I need political correctness because I don't want to live in a society that tells the truth because it might hurt my feelings.

I need open borders because I refuse to live in a country that actually believes it has the right to preserve itself or protect its citizens from external threats since that would be racist.

I need diversity because living in a homogeneous community that shares the same culture, identity, and heritage would ultimately lead to another mass-lampshading of innocent Jews.

I need white privilege because I don't want to lose my invisible knapsack of magical rights and privileges that makes me totally untouchable in any given situation.

I need Black Lives Matter because it is the only way I can constantly be reminded that black lives only matter when white people take them.

I need gun control because I would feel a lot safer if law-abiding citizens were disarmed so that weapons can only be available for people who illegally obtain them.

I need racial equality because anyone who acknowledges white genocide obviously deserves to be labeled an evil white supremacist.

I need Communism because I seriously feel like I shouldn't have to work as hard as the next person and I want free everything.

I need LGBT because I would be totally unaware of how bigoted I am if disgusting and perverted people didn't constantly shove their abnormal lifestyles down my throat.

I need Sharia law because I would feel a lot safer knowing that at any moment I could be tortured, maimed, or killed for violating laws made by a Middle Eastern cult during the Stone Age.

I need the Holocaust because it makes it a lot easier for me to trust the Jews if I can believe their story about 6 million innocent people getting turned into soap and lampshades while totally ignoring the fact that Communist Jews slaughtered over 60 million Europeans during the Bolshevik Revolution.

I need hate speech laws because anyone who would dare use the truth to refute an argument should be punished or imprisoned.

I need Internet censorship because we shouldn't have to worry about getting our feelings hurt by mean words on Twitter.

I need SJWs because they teach me that my feelings are more important than facts.

I need white guilt because the only way we can have peace in this world is if white people are shamed into thinking they're a cancer to humanity.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Wait, being up for 18 hours isn't normal? I feel lucky if I get 6 hours of sleep. I am so ready to finish university. :smith:

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

uhh... okay then. (This person recently started posting a lot about past lives and poo poo)

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

Wait, being up for 18 hours isn't normal? I feel lucky if I get 6 hours of sleep. I am so ready to finish university. :smith:

My god I feel for both of you :ohdear: I swear adult life doesn't suck so bad after school is over/you find a trade you like/whatever. My adult life is working part-time with stoners, weaving amazing wool yarn, drawing weird stuff, and drinking weird beer. Oh and occasionally befriending strange bugs. Adult life isn't nearly as lovely as college.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 07:23 on Apr 9, 2016

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
And furthermore MY personal opinions on sleep are :words:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Bruce Springsteen cancelled a concert in North Carolina and his Facebook post about it is filling up with "fans" telling him that he shouldn't bring his politics into his music.

Have these people not listened to a Springsteen song or are they the kind of people who think Born in the USA is some super patriotic song?

Is "you're reduced to nothing more than a great singer/song writer" supposed to be disparaging?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I'm a huge Springsteen fan (not affected by the new law or the cancelled show, true) and I couldn't be prouder of my Boss. The fans gets full refunds btw, so no monetary loss for them to speak of.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

Correct. How many politicians use that song unironically? There was someone recently on the Republican side and I think another in 2007?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Correct. How many politicians use that song unironically? There was someone recently on the Republican side and I think another in 2007?

quote:

In 1984, during his campaign for the presidency, Ronald Reagan used the song briefly as a campaign song. Reagan was quoted as saying, "America's future rests in a thousand dreams inside our hearts. It rests in the message of hope in the songs of a man so many young Americans admire: New Jersey's own Bruce Springsteen. And helping you make those dreams come true is what this job of mine is all about." Springsteen, a devout liberal, had the Reagan campaign stop using his song.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Chris Christie is a huge fan who's been to a ton of his concerts. I think he used "We Tale Care Of Our Own" during a rally, which wasn't too appreciated.

What can I say, when a songwriter makes his lyrics all deep and give the songs ironic titles, poor ol' Emperor Reagan and his cult just don't know what's what.

Also, more on topic! I was showing my support for Bruce in this (for Americans) heated issue, when....this happened.

Up to this point there were mostly strawmen arguments and such things so it was about time we brought in the Bible I suppose.

BigglesSWE has a new favorite as of 14:36 on Apr 9, 2016

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I like how the passage they quote there literally says that Sodom was destroyed for being greedy assholes who refused to help the poor and needy, not for homosexuality.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm the strotum

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I would totally eat organic blue waffles

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Someone should do a TCM one where it is all just penises.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
That green pepper face would make a hell of an avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Aaah, the "hide bad replies" option, it does nothing!