Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

trucutru posted:

Derek, I'm gonna be honest. As it currently stands nobody except perhaps Loiosh ('cause he's a nice guy) is going to believe you predicted any sort of E.L.E. event. The reason behind this is that you have not predicted poo poo: anything big that happens could be the E.L.E, anything! And as soon as it happens you'll jump into the thread and say "told you so!" and then we'll say "bullshit, Dr. Smart, bullshit".

Like, you use PGP, right? Then send beer (or anybody but octopode, who has access to the best NSA poo poo) an encrypted e-mail with an actual prediction. Then, if/when that happens you can give him the key to decrypt it and then you can descend on the thread from Valhalla, all shiny and chrome, with the biggest :smug: in history.

Well, I have cryptoware installed and will volunteer myself if someone is needed that isn't so publicly tied to this whole thing.

EDIT: Catte Snype

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015
Yeah and a 7 day probation in this fuckin thread :wtf:

The "ill kill that bitch" post was in the context of Sandi/CIG going after bootcha legally for talking openly about the project. It wasn't wildly out of line but kinda cringey

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

moveable shape posted:

Yeah and a 7 day probation in this fuckin thread :wtf:

The "ill kill that bitch" post was in the context of Sandi/CIG going after bootcha legally for talking openly about the project. It wasn't wildly out of line but kinda cringey

Yeah that was my view. If only all the "ben is fat lol" and "sandi is old/ugly lol" was as taboo

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Turd Burglar posted:

Honestly at that point just point and laugh at the guy whenever you see him. Who the gently caress cares about pride when you're about to be homeless.

And it will be SO easy to play SC with no electricity.

And no internet connection.

And after some guy in an alley just shanked you for the desktop you were carrying around.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Screams eeeEEE posted:

Yeah that was my view. If only all the "ben is fat lol" and "sandi is old/ugly lol" was as taboo

Part of sandi's malignance is her vanity and narcissism though so in my view that's perfectly fine.

ALso ben is a prick who shamelessly fleeces mentally ill people of their money.

gently caress em, if they wanted to be treated right they could have done something else.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Meridian posted:

Nobody liked my pure imagination link? I thought it was perfect. D:

if it makes you feel better i watched it all... love that song! thanks!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

I think we'd be able to work together to bring grief to B'tak. Maybe even concoct scenarios that lull him into a false sense of security to cause more grief when the B'tak Griefers descend in force.

Mayyyyyyyybe. I suspect it would depends on how long it took him to get to the ambush and how bored we were up to that point.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

hakimashou posted:

Part of sandi's malignance is her vanity and narcissism though so in my view that's perfectly fine.

gently caress em, if they wanted to be treated right they could have done something else.

Yeah but weight/looks aren't bad in and of themselves, so wielding them as insults seems kind of shameful imo.

WHATEVER. I'll just cover my eyes when I come upon posts that scare me.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

runsamok posted:

The Idris itself is reportedly landable on its own, even laden with one's capacious flotilla.

But there's NO WINGS! MY FIDELITOUS IMMERSION!

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

jesus christ yes.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ash1138 posted:

so can we romance her in squadron 42 or not

I suppose you can, but WHOOPS! Surprise blue on blue! Sorry, my trigger finger slipped.

And I accidentally launched BOTH racks of missiles too. DOH!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I am dying no wait, dead. :rip:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The best kind of electricity

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Number one - The only ugliness Sandi has I have mentioned was inside her.

Number two - NO ONE forced Ben to overeat that much. As a stout lad, I know this.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Screams eeeEEE posted:

Yeah but weight/looks aren't bad in and of themselves, so wielding them as insults seems kind of shameful imo.

WHATEVER. I'll just cover my eyes when I come upon posts that scare me.

WARNING! B'tak ALT DETECTED!

WARNING! B'tak ALT DETECTED!

(I only tease out of love, you know.)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

And this is why Paint will always beat Photoshop.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Screams eeeEEE posted:

I'm really sorry you're fat, old, and ugly, but it isn't personal.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Magnaflux
Jun 28, 2007

:captainpop: This rules !

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

i am harry posted:

I'm really sorry you're fat, old, and ugly, but it isn't personal.

HEY man I may also be half Ben half Sandi but I still have feelings!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Screams eeeEEE posted:

HEY man I may also be half Ben half Sandi but I still have feelings!

half ben is still more than enough

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Samizdata posted:

Man, Alexis can really smell the blood in the water at this point, methinks. And she appears to be getting closer and closer to snapping.

Considering where she's sitting it might just be a portion of Ben's body, or very plausibly her own. I've spent much time next to fat people and they generally have an area or two that doesn't get too much attention in the shower if you know what I mean.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

i am harry posted:

Considering where she's sitting it might just be a portion of Ben's body, or very plausibly her own. I've spent much time next to fat people and they generally have an area or two that doesn't get too much attention in the shower if you know what I mean.

8Ace confirmed Ben smells good, exactly as predicted in Derek's blog

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

What, every square inch of him?

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright

Screams eeeEEE posted:

I thought :fuzzknot: was just joking around and her joke fell a little flat. I'll never understand what all the fuss was about.

We wondered what a :fuzzknot: emote could mean.

It came to mean 'psychotic, rabid, potentially violent, and self-destructive'.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

:effort:

Morale is low at CIG hrrrrm?

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

:perfect:

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
if fuzzknot wasnt a woman, she wouldnt have been banned

but it led to that loser bootcha leaving; who give s a gently caress about gonndetyada or whatves

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Madcosby posted:

I agree.

wait,

:same:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

I'm glad of it

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Madcosby posted:

but it led to that loser bootcha leaving; who give s a gently caress about gonndetyada or whatves

You're pissing on thing just to piss on things. Done it myself, no hate.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

We wondered what a :fuzzknot: emote could mean.

It came to mean 'psychotic, rabid, potentially violent, and self-destructive'.

That.... seems a bit over the top. And mongooses seem pretty rad too

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

i am harry posted:

Ben cannot reach 85% of his body

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Needs more cattes.

Theotus fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 9, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

G0RF posted:

Lawsuit notwithstanding, Battlefield owns. Only one shooter out there has a chance of beating it.

Remember when they released this right before Citizencon to a meh from the brown sea and :laffo:s from this thread, then mysteriously never mentioned Star Marine once in Citizencon?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Kakarot posted:

Ben cannot reach 85% of his body
It could be easier if he pulls his arms in and reaches from the inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

SelenicMartian posted:

It could be easier if he pulls his arms in and reaches from the inside.

Ben Lesnick, Honey Badger

• Locked thread