Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

16(L)-2(L)-8(W!!!)-14(W)-0(L)-0(L)

DE-FENCE *clap* *clap* oh wait round 5 just happened

please ignore round 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Catalans Dragons looking as good as they have done this season at Hull KR, 0 - 28. Hull KR fans are loving incensed, I'm biased but the commentators* agree that the ref has been fair.

* yeah I know

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I need a good game to watch on delay with some pies and beer, can anyone recommend one that will be entertaining if I get drunk by the 20 minute mark?

Also since this is America I have to bake my own pies. Y'all don't know how easy you have it.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Apollodorus posted:

I need a good game to watch on delay with some pies and beer, can anyone recommend one that will be entertaining if I get drunk by the 20 minute mark?

Also since this is America I have to bake my own pies. Y'all don't know how easy you have it.

Don't choose a Leeds game ;)

edit: if you haven;t seen Broncos Cowboys from last week its great, Roosters Warriors requires you to awake to the end or parra penrith maybe?

Actually Wigan Warrington fits your requirements really well

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 7, 2016

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Already watched that one

Also Leeds are making me cry these days.

Broncos Cowboys it is

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Choose a Tigers game since you're generally guaranteed a lot of points and a hilarious self-immolation.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Yeah I need to get together again with my Aussie buddy who supports Wests, it's been too long

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Apollodorus posted:

Catalans-Widnes from last week was pretty good, plus you get to see that rare thing--rain in the south of France.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
It's weird seeing so much positive press for a raiders player but Josh Hodgson is getting a lot of love from the media.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Apollodorus posted:

Yeah I need to get together again with my Aussie buddy who supports Wests, it's been too long

Please pass along my commiserations.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
What is it with the league and animals

quote:

Brisbane Broncos deny sensational claims of player scuffle after plot to identify ‘rat’ leaking information

BEN Hunt and Josh McGuire are the players at the centre of a “rat” in the ranks saga at the Brisbane Broncos.

Fox Sports News chief NRL reporter James Hooper revealed on NRL Tonight a picture of a rat was placed on McGuire’s locker in the Broncos dressing room and there were words with Hunt.

Hooper said there was no physical contact, despite reports on radio earlier of a scuffle between players over the issue.

It’s understood some within the club are unhappy with McGuire, believing he has been talking out of school.

Claims that a angry scuffle broke out in the Broncos dressing room over the issue were reported by Greg Martin earlier on Triple M Brisbane breakfast radio.

Martin said Broncos players had concocted an elaborate plot to identify a teammate leaking information to the media.

According to Martin, players had to be pulled apart in a heated confrontation ahead of Thursday night’s win over the Dragons, having apparently identified the perpetrator.

The Broncos denied that any scuffle occurred.

“That hasn’t happened. There is no issue between anyone here. There is not. That story is made up,” a club spokesman told foxsports.com.au earlier on Friday.

However, it is understood that coach Wayne Bennett called an unscheduled player bonding session for the Broncos on Friday afternoon in the wake of the unrest claims, with five-eighth Anthony Milford posting a shot of the gathering on social media.

The supposed plot saw Broncos players tell three teammates, including the main suspect, three different versions of a story and waited for the tale to appear in the media. The story that came out in the media, a newspaper report that Test forward Matt Gillett was being chased by the Dragons as a big-money recruit for next season, identified the leak.

Martin said the accused player had a picture of a rat plastered to his locker and became involved in pushing and shoving with a teammate, but no punching.

That person had a picture of a rat placed on his locker in the dressing rooms,” he said on Triple M.

“A scuffle ensued between the player with the rat that was placed there and the player that he thought had placed it there.

“Training started and (coach) Wayne Bennett had to settle everything down, that’s how they went into last night’s game against St George.

“Wayne Bennett didn’t drive it, this little group of players said, ‘We’re sick of somebody, if we are going to be such a tight team we can’t have anybody leaking stuff’.

“The player didn’t mean to leak it he just told his manager. He may have a blabber mouth manager.”

Martin said unrest over a mole had been “festering” at the Broncos.

“I’m just telling you what I know — they might watch Game of Thrones just like you,” Martin said.

“This has been festering for a week, remember that story two days ago, back page of Courier-Mail, Matt Gillett being shopped around to St George, I’m hearing that ain’t true.

“Yes, he is being shopped around by his manager, but not to St George. That was a plant to discover something.

“There’s a bit of trouble in the ranks at the Broncos. There’s a leak. There’s been far too many stories.

“They like to keep some things close, there’s been a few too many stories coming out of the Broncos. Nothing too serious, but they’re worried about someone within their ranks, the players and the core group of the Broncos.

“A lot of footballers talk to their managers and their managers are often the blabber mouths.”

Martin claims the players devised the scheme to out the leaker after their win over the Gold Coast Titans last Friday. He said the coaching staff was not involved.

“They had some suspects who the leak was and they cooked up a couple of stories that only that suspect would know,” he said.

“They said: ‘I’ll tell you something to one player then I’ll tell you something to another player and I’ll tell you something to another player’.

“One of the stories was about Gillett going to St George. And when it appeared, bang, they knew who leaked it.”

Well at least no animals were actually hosed this time.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Pretty bizarre story, but I'll be pretty amazed if it isn't a massive press beatup

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lol that was pretty smart. In a high school kind of way.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Apparently it has something to do with all the emerging Maroons players getting busted for breaking curfew, it might have been leaked by Josh. He's a grasser, apparently. Dobbed them in.

Who would have ever thought professional footballers literally had the dispositions of idiotic teenage boys

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

They used the method Tyrion did in a game of thrones to find the leaker haha, another news piece mentioned that's where they got the inspiration from.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

When you play the game of thrones, you win or you have a pic of a rat put on your locker

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Poor Dragons, get beaten to nil by the Broncos and then find out you were only linked to Gillett as part of a weird sting operation by them too.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

who on the Broncos will be first to finger the rat

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

"Facial? That's not a facial, lay down here Rabbits, i'll show you a facial!"

God drat Gould.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Man I don't miss Gould, Hadley, Fittler, Johns at all, new tv deal is pretty great for me so far.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Man I don't miss Gould, Hadley, Fittler, Johns at all, new tv deal is pretty great for me so far.

I miss Rabs and Sterlo, but otherwise I'm cool with the Fox call.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

"gently caress these cunts" Inglis screams going up the tunnel standing next to a 4 year old

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Drint Blasters posted:

"Facial? That's not a facial, lay down here Rabbits, i'll show you a facial!"

God drat Gould.

Rabs just used the term "money shot", might be on the brain right now

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

gently caress me I hate Perenara he's terrible

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Souths attack is terrible at present

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
The Rabbits look really flat.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cpaf posted:

gently caress me I hate Perenara he's terrible
yep

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Perenara started out quite promising by my god he became terrible. Still bewildered by that Gubb penalty towards Melbourne a few weeks back.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Austin completely drops the ball over the line and happens to get the back of his hand on it as it hits the ground, commentators go nuts for a while about why it's not a try.

After like four replays they finally work out that the gaping air between the ball and any part of his body might just constitute losing control.

Muppets.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Hodgson off is a huge loss for the Raiders.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Raiders in for a very long afternoon at this rate.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Footy is poo poo innit

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
No need to change your username yet

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

That was bad. Parra were really good though

Austin, sezer and wighton were shocking

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Warriors update: they're bad.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ratios and Tendency posted:

:negative: ok that was terrible.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Well gently caress. How we lost to a mob with Walker providing some of the worst halves play I've seen in years is beyond me.

Is there a history between Hoffman and Lyon? Some of what went on near the end looked very odd.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Well gently caress. How we lost to a mob with Walker providing some of the worst halves play I've seen in years is beyond me.

Is there a history between Hoffman and Lyon? Some of what went on near the end looked very odd.

I think Hoffman must've somehow thought Gubb got king hit rather than just shoved and therefore massively overreacted.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Hoffman seemed to be really frustrated and worked up all game.

Shaun Johnson back to not running the ball again.

I think we're lucky we played Knights & Roosters when we did or we could be 0-6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Arent we all a cheery bunch lol

Well someone has to win out of the knights and thd tigers (well someonehas to very likely win) so there will be more cheer in the thread today

• Locked thread