Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
After 24 Hours, Man At Top Of 80-Foot Sequoia Tree Climbs Down

:allears: never change, seattle :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

*quickly closes bedroom door*

Nothing to see in there officers!!

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
Maybe he was really frustrated.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
PUNISH HER WITH BRUISING FLATULENCE

Drangus McCafferty
Jul 29, 2014

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Texas woman arrested after police make Facebook post warning of Ebola-tainted meth.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Paramedic called to his own home where his baby son had died

‘He never liked kisses and cuddles much but when he was dead we could give him as many as we wanted and he couldn’t squirm away from us.’
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr^100

But it’s not all bad news as the couple have since had two healthy daughters and are now raising money for a SIDS charity by completing a bike ride.
It's OK, we made more! and we ride bikes now!

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

iRend posted:

Paramedic called to his own home where his baby son had died

‘He never liked kisses and cuddles much but when he was dead we could give him as many as we wanted and he couldn’t squirm away from us.’
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr^100

But it’s not all bad news as the couple have since had two healthy daughters and are now raising money for a SIDS charity by completing a bike ride.
It's OK, we made more! and we ride bikes now!

:psyduck: "But it’s not all bad news as the couple have since had two healthy daughters and are now raising money for a SIDS charity by completing a bike ride."

Jimmy Nsubuga, WTF is wrong with you? Here are some more of his "news" stories:
  • Stubborn ‘hipster’ tries to fit large sofa in modestly sized car
  • Scottish Labour leader reveals she’s dating a woman
  • Wolves kill herd of elks ‘for fun’
  • Don’t forget – Easter’s going to be shorter than usual
  • Penis implant gives you an extra 2.5 inches in length and girth
  • Puppy feels rain for the first time and is amazed

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

You don't mess with the Cullen Baker gang

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Well, he has a point. If someone has a knife or a baseball bat, maybe he's going to attack you, maybe he just wants to be intimidating.

But you don't bring a rolling pin unless you actually mean to use it.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Karma Monkey posted:

Jimmy Nsubuga, WTF is wrong with you?

Desperately waiting for that call from The Onion.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

iRend posted:

This is fake, right? I don't want to believe someone actually said that about their freshly-dead toddler.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Antivehicular posted:

This is fake, right? I don't want to believe someone actually said that about their freshly-dead toddler.

Wouldn't surprise me. Grief and shock make people say weird things.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
To be fair, if that's the stoke sentinel they were probably right the first time as well.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Uber Driver Napped as His Passenger Led Highway Chase, Police Say

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Guinea pig to become father to 400 after breaking into female enclosure

quote:

They noticed that the exhausted father-to-be, now nicknamed Randy, had lost a little weight, but did not realise why until they discovered he was actually a male rodent being kept busy in the wrong pen.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Living the dream.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Antivehicular posted:

quote:

Sam, who was almost two years old, had suffered Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) in June 2012.

Either fake, or terrible journalism. There's no such thing as SIDS affecting toddlers. Either it's straight-up fake, the information is wrong, or someone smothered that kid.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

haha

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pookel posted:

Either fake, or terrible journalism. There's no such thing as SIDS affecting toddlers. Either it's straight-up fake, the information is wrong, or someone smothered that kid.

Yeah, SIDS doesn't happen at that age, and one that appeared to be one would trigger a murder investigation.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

pookel posted:

It's SUDC - sudden unexplained death in childhood - if the kid is over the age of one. Much more rare. The journalist probably put SIDS because everyone knows what that means, and he couldn't be bothered explaining the difference.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SEX BURRITO posted:

It's SUDC - sudden unexplained death in childhood - if the kid is over the age of one. Much more rare. The journalist probably put SIDS because everyone knows what that means, and he couldn't be bothered explaining the difference.

Wouldn't that raise even more red flags?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Grieving Achilles
Apr 13, 2010

Did michael j fox highlight this?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/ASxIDQr.webm

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I mean there comes a point where you have to admit it went beyond "try" into "succeeded horribly"

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

What a moron. Should have carved a flared base. This is basic vegetable dildo carving 101.
I blame this on the inadequacy of sex education.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

pookel posted:

I found a slightly less insane article from Australian newspaper, the Herald Sun.

quote:

PARAMEDIC Pete Keach was enjoying a typically uneventful evening with wife Georgie and baby son Sam after a busy day on duty in Rosebud.

After a day spent running, falling over, shedding a few tears and then getting up to run again, Sam went to bed at 7pm, but continued to play and giggle in his cot for 20 minutes before falling asleep.

Georgie heard Sam call out at about 8.30pm, around the same time Pete’s pager alerted him to an emergency at Safety Beach.

With his patient in a very serious condition and Frankston Hospital unable to accept more emergency patients, Pete was driving to Dandenong Hospital at the same time that Georgie popped into Sam’s room at 9.15pm while making her own way to bed.

“Nothing had been odd that day, so I didn’t expect I would find him like he was,” Georgie said.

“I found him face down and I know a lot of babies sleep like that, but he never did.

“I turned him straight away — I have never seen someone die before but I was pretty sure he was dead, but was hopeful that wasn’t the case.

“I called the ambulance straight away but I knew that Pete was working in the local ambulance (so it was out of town).”

Pete was racing along Frankston Freeway when the night’s second emergency call came over the radio: a 21-month-old infant was in cardiac arrest and in the most desperate need of help.

Pete knew if it wasn’t his own son it would be a friend from their mothers’ group.

When his calls to Georgie went unanswered he radioed the 000 dispatcher and was told to switch to the clinician’s channel where Pete was told the gut-wrenching news.

“There was a pause and he said ‘yes Pete, it is your address’,” he said.

“Forty-five minutes earlier I would have been home and able to respond to it.

“I would have been the closest ambulance, so they dispatched the next closest, which was coming from Mornington, 35-40km away.

“I got to hear the call, the initial situation report, so I knew what the rhythm of his heart was.

“Babies’ hearts usually stop for an unknown reason so my instant thoughts were for Georgie, because I knew there was not much that could happen for Sam and she was home alone. That was more distressing for me.”

Unable to respond, Pete was helpless as he listened to the terror unfold over the radio.

Another Ambulance Victoria crew was organised to meet his ambulance on the side of the freeway to help
his paramedic partner get their patient to Dandenong, while Pete was driven back
to Rye.

As he waited Pete called a neighbour skilled in first aid to run to his home and help Georgie with CPR until an ambulance arrived.

A local ambulance busy with a non-emergency patient also heard the drama unfolding, stopped what they were doing and made their way to Rye to cut the response time to about 20 minutes, while an air ambulance was en route.

But, even after three Ambulance Victoria crews arrived on scene and were trying to resuscitate Sam, little could be done and Pete made the heartbreaking decision to call time on his own son’s life over the phone.

“I don’t think anything could have been done,” Pete said. “When the first crew got there Sam’s heart was flatlined, there was no activity of life.

“I was still in clinical mode, which was surprising.

“I thought he had been dead for an unknown time until Georgie had found him, another 20 minutes before the ambulance got there, his chances of survival are literally zero.

“Once I heard he was in asystolic arrest I called the clinician up and said ‘I don’t think we should continue the resus any more’.

“That would have meant the helicopter would have taken him into the city, it would have been invasive (with) tubes in his throat, needles in his bones and, at the very least, you think of severe brain injury and those sorts of things.

“Whether that was the right move to make, I am not too sure; however, that is what happened and that is the clarity we had at the time.

“I am not bitter at myself or doubting anything, it is just what happened at the time.”

Despite fearing the worst from the moment she found Sam, the delay for paramedics and his lack of response during CPR, Georgie had been hoping for a miracle as she tried to cope alone. “When Pete was on the phone to the paramedics I could see they were uncomfortable in that Pete had made that call, and they felt they needed to be appearing to help for my sake because we hadn’t had that conversation in person together,” she said.

Almost four years after the horror night, Sam’s death is classified as a sudden and unexpected death in infancy, or SUDI.

In the wake of the tragedy Ambulance Victoria, SIDS & Kids and the Rye community rallied around the couple.

For Georgie meeting other families through SIDS for Kids made life easier in the initial stages, while the arrivals of Anna, 2, and Lucy, 1, has given her life a joyous new meaning.

Next Friday Pete will join 79 other riders in the Sydney2CAMberra event, cycling from Sydney to Canberra to raise money and awareness for SIDS and Kids and The Stillbirth Foundation.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Flared bases, people! FLARED BASES.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

He was probably just trying to emulate his favourite Chuck Palahniuk story.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I think you mean Chuck Tingle

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I think you mean Chuck Tingle

Sorry, I didn't read the whole article - if I had, I would have known that the vegetable in question was shoved up his rear end by a gay vampire dinosaur.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sorry, I didn't read the whole article - if I had, I would have known that the vegetable in question was shoved up his rear end by a gay vampire dinosaur his own rear end.

fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Nah.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sorry, I didn't read the whole article - if I had, I would have known that the vegetable in question was shoved up his rear end by the future newspaper article "Doctors remove 18-inch cassava from man who tried to use it as a sex toy."