Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Last night I was reading the thread and I wasn't getting a real good vibe off of the way Propaganda Machine was posting.

It was mainly this interaction that prompted it

Propaganda Machine posted:

If the fake flavorclaim and PR is FL's doing, I'm not even mad. I'm just impressed.

Infinitum posted:

What fakeclaim?

sighs

Scum often get fake stuff to use to play nice with town.

The Knights who say either NI or eckeckyeckwhatever are clearly scummy. Ish.

So either they're secretly okay, or scum get backed into a corner, or this is all a clever little ruse of somebody's doing.

Whatever it is, I'm not the biggest fan.

I questioned what fakeclaim he was talking about and goes off on a tangent without answering the question.

At this point in time noone has claimed the Knights Who Say Ni and Pmachine himself was the only person who had previously mentioned them.
In fact it was done in an effort to try and stop myself from correctly guessing Shadow0 is the 3 Headed Knight

---------------------------------

So he's been on my radar for a while, and I mention as such.

Infinitum posted:

Propaganda Machine is pinging me pretty hard at the moment.

I had nothing concrete yet, which is why I didn't vote, and merely wanted to mention my suspicions.

After this is mentioned the following occurs:
- Propaganda Machine putting together a half-baked case for myself
- Myself easily explaining away every item

His main case being I was desperately trying to solve a puzzle that would help town find scum (Who wouldn't), word play that I was correcting HIM on, my case on Shadow0 which led to him admitting he was the 3 Headed Knight and a Miller, and the mixing my posts on YPM and Shadow0.
Again, easily explained away.

When he realises how lovely his case is, and how bad he's starting to look tries to wedge in how he had suspected a miller all along for town cred, which he never mentioned if you read his post history until well after the miller role is already claimed.

oh giggles you missed the part where I'm immediately suspect of an early miller claim.

what a lovely read.

Followed by him trying to snake out on his lovely claim, in a full on "Just joking" reversal

Sorry mate. I'm kind of trolling at this point. It's very late for you, but very early for me.

You are right in that the second half of your post history deserves a proper look, but this thread is insane and it's hard to play with eyes glazed over.

Still suspicious af, but, like, fine. If you want me to put more time and clarity into why you're pinging me so hard, you do deserve that. Luckily for everybody, nothing's even close to hammer.

So now with all eyes on him Rascyc asks him directly what his actual suspicions were

Rascyc posted:

Prop Machine what post of Infs prompted you to open their post history and case them?

You already asked this, and believe it or not, I'm not ignoring it. Like Inf needs to sleep, I need to work, and I'm sorry but I'm not going to have the time to pick back through the thread until this evening, yankee time. Intuitively I felt some flags going up, both from his posting and from reactions to him. I'll dig it up in a few hours. Pinky swear.

Rascyc posted:

You have time to respond to others? How can you not know the one or two lines that prompted you to go "MAYBE WE SHOULD LOOK AT INF"

As Rascyc says, he can't even point to 1 or 2 posts of mine as he doesn't HAVE a case for me.
If that isn't scummy behaviour, I don't know what is.

And that's why you should lynch the gently caress out of Propaganda Machine today.

##vote Propaganda Machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Forgot to add, he obviously knows his Monty Python

What...weighs less than water?

Very small rocks!

So trying to explain away the 3 Headed Knight claim as the Knights Who Say Ni is scummy as gently caress

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: 13 HOURS UNTIL DEADLINE :siren:
I'm pretty sure, correct me if I'm wrong

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Infinitum posted:

Last night I was reading the thread and I wasn't getting a real good vibe off of the way Propaganda Machine was posting.

I questioned what fakeclaim he was talking about and goes off on a tangent without answering the question.

At this point in time noone has claimed the Knights Who Say Ni and Pmachine himself was the only person who had previously mentioned them.
In fact it was done in an effort to try and stop myself from correctly guessing Shadow0 is the 3 Headed Knight

I had nothing concrete yet, which is why I didn't vote, and merely wanted to mention my suspicions.

His main case being I was desperately trying to solve a puzzle that would help town find scum (Who wouldn't), word play that I was correcting HIM on, my case on Shadow0 which led to him admitting he was the 3 Headed Knight and a Miller, and the mixing my posts on YPM and Shadow0.

When he realises how lovely his case is, and how bad he's starting to look tries to wedge in how he had suspected a miller all along for town cred, which he never mentioned if you read his post history until well after the miller role is already claimed.

Followed by him trying to snake out on his lovely claim, in a full on "Just joking" reversal

So now with all eyes on him Rascyc asks him directly what his actual suspicions were

As Rascyc says, he can't even point to 1 or 2 posts of mine as he doesn't HAVE a case for me.

And that's why you should lynch the gently caress out of Propaganda Machine today.

Too early in the day for this poo poo duuuuude.

##vote Infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's 10pm Sat night :v:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Infinitum posted:

It's 10pm Sat night :v:

It's 8:30 sat morning. Turn off daylight savings time in your settings.

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015
Infin, if PM is scum, not made my mind up just yet, and was trying to derail your questions about the three headed knight would that not also make the three headed kight (shadow) also scum? Otherwise why would he try to protect him? Personally I think if there's going to be a Miller in this game the three headed knight makes the most sense flavour wise.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We didn't know he was a miller at the time.

Shadow0 only revealed it recently, after I had made a case for him arguing that the 3 Headed Knight would be a scum-aligned role

Shadow0 posted:

I don't know if this setup has been used before, so admitting I was a scum class would be pretty dumb if it said I was a scum class.
Though due to my past transgressions again Robin, Brave Sir Robin, I show up as scum, a Miller one might say.
So investigating me is a waste if anyone has that ability.

Flavour-wise a miller role would make sense as he is technically a knight.

Infinitum posted:

He's admitted to being a miller.

Is he a new player though? I didn't know until recently why claiming a miller early was such a big deal.
If he is a new player he might have been coached to say so.

I'm inclined to believe him for the moment, but I'm not 100% sure what the procedure is with handling a miller claim.

We need to test the claim at some point though.

For new players, click here to have the Miller role explain

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I read Shadow0 as town for the moment from the way they've been posting.

There's nothing I like about PMachine's recent postings.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I read Shadow0 as town for the moment from the way they've been posting.

There's nothing I like about PMachine's recent postings.

I've been rereading everyone's posts in turn.
I was going to post my anal(lol)sys of everyone, but then I got to Kashuno's 7 pages.
Nearly everyone has been suspicious of Infinitum and Propaganda Machine.

I say we pick one to lynch.
It'll tell us a lot.
I'll try to get my analyseseses up later today (German timezoneeeeeeeee), but probably it will be too late.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Also, Propaganda Machine, CapitalistPig, Tremendous Taste, and Gulag 's links in the OP are broken.
I've got 11 analyses done, maybe I can get the others done today.
...but video games......

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

I feel like of the 21 players left, I know almost nothing about a alot of them.
I'd like to hear more from Propaganda Machine, Friction, Tommunist, Flying Leatherman, Jimson, SirSamVimes, and Tremendous Taste.
Not to say I suspect them, just that I don't know how I feel about them yet.

I said "alot"...
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Just kill me, I don't deserve to live!!! :'( :'( :'(

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

Infinitum posted:

We didn't know he was a miller at the time.

Shadow0 only revealed it recently, after I had made a case for him arguing that the 3 Headed Knight would be a scum-aligned role

Flavour-wise a miller role would make sense as he is technically a knight.

We need to test the claim at some point though.

For new players, click here to have the Miller role explain

I too think shadow is with the table, what I meant is if shadow is scum PM would know from the start and that would fit your idea of PM trying to side track you to stop us digging around, but if shadow is table why would PM side track you?

Or maybe I am just getting too hung up on shadow and the Miller stuff (have to say I had to look it up when it first came up so that link will be useful to refresh myself)

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Seems real convenient to me that he claims miller the moment he's under any kind of scrutiny. Of course, he might legit just be a new player trying to adapt to a role, buuuut idk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TheDonPeters posted:

but if shadow is table why would PM side track you?

To build town credibility.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Infinitum posted:

PM, so are you going to respond to that question from Rascyc from a while ago about why you were suspicious about Infinitum like you said you would? Because Infinitum's post is kind of convincing...

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Infinitum posted:

To build town credibility.

##vote Infinitum

I don't trust infinitum as far as I can throw him, and I am an olympic Shot-putter

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
In short, both Rascyc and YPM made decent-to-good cases against his D1 flavorfishing. There was also the YPM-TT chain lynch attempt, which is super anti-town, especially for D1.

There's usually not a lot to tick off the spidey senses this early on, but that did it for me.

Lemme catch up on the last 24 hours.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Jimson posted:

##vote Infinitum

I don't trust infinitum as far as I can throw him, and I am an olympic Shot-putter

##vote Infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

In short, both Rascyc and YPM made decent-to-good cases against his D1 flavorfishing. There was also the YPM-TT chain lynch attempt, which is super anti-town, especially for D1.

There's usually not a lot to tick off the spidey senses this early on, but that did it for me.

Lemme catch up on the last 24 hours.

So your case is.. "I can't quote a specific thing he's said, I just think he's scummy"?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TheDonPeters posted:

Well so did I, in fact I posted that it was pigpen before Infin, I don't follow how trying to engage with one of the few d1 things that had been posted at that point at scummy, or not engaging with it for that matter. But I am still not sure if PM is scum or just nitpicking.

I wouldn't call it nitpicking. Content is good, and at least the thread has a lot more of it now. I wanna pick through some stuff to check out the case against ganny. It seems like it could have some merit.

Inf's case against me reeks of omgus, but what would I know. I really don't like his kneejerk reaction.

Something else that strikes me is that nobody else really took up a case against him. I spat out enough material that scum could/should be eager to dogpile the case against a town lynch. It's circumstantial, but it's something and I didn't want to bring it up before they had a chance to bandwagon in case of me being wrong.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I really don't like his kneejerk reaction.

What kneejerk reaction?

You mean your kneejerk reaction after I mentioned I was suspicious? Then backed out of it with "Just kidding"?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also protip

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:boom:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

I'm happy to vote TT if your claiming he's 100% scum and can elaborate further mate.

Infinitum posted:

I'm happy to vote TT, but you're a deadman tomorrow if he flips town.

##vote TT

Infinitum posted:

YPM is straight up claiming someone is 100% scum.

If he's lying, he dies tomorrow.

Infinitum posted:

What are your thoughts on Shadow0 after I've caught him in a potential scumslip after claiming the 3 Headed Knight?

Posts in questions for reference:

Infinitum posted:

I'm not going after you though, all I've done is answered your questions and clarified some of your assumptions.

I said potential scumslip, it's a role heavy game and if we're looking at the meta poo poo the 3 Headed Knight isn't a member of the Round Table.

It's a logical conclusion is all, and I'll be keeping an eye on Shadow0 a lot more because of it.

Infinitum posted:

Well sure, but the 3 Headed Knight actively tried to kill Brave Sir Robin. (Brave Brave Sir Robin)
If we're going the meta game it would be logical to at least keep a close eye on Shadow0 for claiming it.

There's a ton of side characters like "Sir Not Appearing In This Picture", Minstrels, the "Great Tracts of Land" King-guy, etc.

Going to bed. Gonna be a fun time for the yanks to catch up to 500 posts :tootzzz:

Infinitum posted:

Claim then.
If not your time, then at least your name.

Infinitum posted:

YPM and TT thunderdome IMO

Infinitum posted:

I'm flavourfishing, not rolefishing.

Flavorfishing and an attempted chainlynch on two known town members with a bonus thunderdome.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Infinitum posted:

What kneejerk reaction?

You mean your kneejerk reaction after I mentioned I was suspicious? Then backed out of it with "Just kidding"?

I cased you and you went balls to the wall against me.

Is there literally anybody else in here you'd make a case against? I don't need you to change your vote or anything, just curious.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Flavorfishing and an attempted chainlynch on two known town members with a bonus thunderdome.

So the exact same crap that I've already easily explained away previously.

Good job.

I cased you and you went balls to the wall against me.

Is there literally anybody else in here you'd make a case against? I don't need you to change your vote or anything, just curious.

You cased me after I said I was suspicious, then went 'balls to the wall' goading a reaction

At the moment I don't have anyone else to make a case for.
- I made one earlier against Shadow0 that resulted in him full-claiming as the 3 Headed Knight in a miller role.
- At the moment I made a very strong case for you, and you've basically got nothing to show for it except the same argument I blew away yesterday.

Infinitum posted:

Also protip

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Infinitum posted:

Also protip

My king! The Champ is here to follow your will.

I'm going to step in the ring with that wimp and beat him to a pulp!

## vote propoganda machine

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Shadow0 posted:

Also, Propaganda Machine, CapitalistPig, Tremendous Taste, and Gulag 's links in the OP are broken.
I've got 11 analyses done, maybe I can get the others done today.
...but video games......

Hey, sorry, I'll work on getting these fixed ASAP. Also working on a votecount now. Had an unexpected emergency and couldn't update earlier.

8 hours till deadline for reference.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Isn't this all pretty much a rehash of your earlier case against Infi? That's pretty weak. Anything else? Because otherwise I'm leaning toward a vote.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i dont know how anyone could read this exchange and think that infinitum comes off worse. ##vote propaganda machine

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'll help you guys get this over with, then. I'm rusty and it hasn't been fun outside of jokephase. Hopefully any of this helps you nail scum before scum nails you. Good luck, town.

## vote PM

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
In case that wasn't hammer, I tried to protect KB last night and got blocked/distracted. Have fun figuring that one out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm pretty sure you are still nowhere near hammer.

Voting yourself as town, if you are, is almost never helpful. Since that is one less person's vote we can analyze after your flip.

Since you've seemingly revealed your role, would you like to finish your claim? Who are you?

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Also protip

My liege!
*Bows low*

Have to say I am still unsure this could be a last ditched ploy

In case that wasn't hammer, I tried to protect KB last night and got blocked/distracted. Have fun figuring that one out.

So your claiming doctor? (Correct me if I am using the wrong term) what's your flavour?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't give up like that. Self voting is the worst.

I mentioned I'm Arthur only because i'm confident in my vote against you, and I'll be asleep during deadline (it's 230am here)

You've put together weak counterclaims against me and backed off with "just kidding" posts, how else am I meant to interpret that?

IF you are town, fight to stay alive. Especially with a useful role like yours.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Votecount for Day 2

Propaganda Machine (6): King Burgundy, Kashuno, Infinitum, Kashuno, Rascyc, Mayor Glowku, GulagDolls, Propaganda Machine
Infinitum (2): Kashuno, Friction.123, King Burgundy Kashuno, Propaganda Machine, King Burgundy, Friction.123, gannyGrabber, Jimson, Propaganda Machine
Azuth0667 (2): Rascyc, Rascyc, Kashuno, Friction.123
King Burgundy (1): Jimson
gannyGrabber (1): Rarity
TheDonPeters (1): SirSamVimes, Mayor Glowku, Azuth0667, Infinitum, gannyGrabber, Infinitum, Rascyc, Shadow0, Shadow0, Khris Kruel, GulagDolls, SirSamVimes, GulagDolls, Rascyc, Mayor Glowku, Azuth0667, gannyGrabber
Jimson (1): White Noise Marine
Mayor Glowku (0): Friction.123, Friction.123, TheDonPeters, TheDonPeters
GulagDolls (0): Friction.123, Friction.123
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Rarity (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Friction.123 (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (6): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Azuth0667, tpink, Shadow0, SirSamVimes, TheDonPeters

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 09th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours 30 minutes.

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 9, 2016

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I voted for myself? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

I voted for myself? :v:

A couple errata have now been corrected! Filters have also been corrected in the OP.

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 9, 2016

• Locked thread