Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
I recently tried Del Taco for the first time the other day and I think that might just be the best chain restaurant ever to exist. Its like Taco Bell but the quality is insanely higher and the prices are somehow lower, you can you get a half pound breakfast burrito for like 2 dollars. Another pro restaurant would be Taco Cabana down in Texas. Theres also a mexican place down in San Antonio that is open 24/7 serves pizza and breakfast all day and has frozen margarita machines ready to go all day I wish I could remember the name.

suggest some good mexican places to try bonus points if you can come up with a place between central california and the bay area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
ground floor of a shitfactory nice thread tho

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

I used to go to Chi-Chi's when I was younger and love getting the fried ice cream, holy poo poo.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
if you're listing del taco as pro tier then you need to seek help

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

If I want to eat cheap I'll go to DT. Most Alberto's in So Cal are pretty good with a few exceptions. Molcasalsa in La Habra has the best super fries you have ever had.

Correct that DT is not pro tier. It's for poors like me.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If you think del taco is Mexican food you haven't been to Mexico.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Taco Bell.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I love mexican food, but not mexican fast-food.

I have a saying:

1 Meal at a mexican chain,
2 days my rear end is in pain.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

Navin Johnson posted:

If I want to eat cheap I'll go to DT. Most Alberto's in So Cal are pretty good with a few exceptions. Molcasalsa in La Habra has the best super fries you have ever had.

Correct that DT is not pro tier. It's for poors like me.

Coming from a part of the country where all we had for mexican food was taco bell makes del taco seem supreme. Albertos and Robertos are both really good too I used to get confused which is which when I lived in socal

Jackfruited Stormtrooper
Feb 15, 2007

master of his domain
there's a place called chelinos around my parts that has standard fare tex-mex but a surprisingly good "authentic" Mexican selection,. also if and you are around my parts check out Abels and to a lesser extent...... San Marcos

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
There's a place near me called Tippy's Tacos. It's pretty good, one of the only places that has birch beer.

It also makes me take big poops. I call em Tippy's shits.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
It's a toss up between Chevy's and Chili's

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

down n out posted:

It's a toss up between Chevy's and Chili's

I was just thinking about some steak fajita nachos from Chevys, then I realized I could just make those myself

Green sauce from casa ole is my sauce, so good.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The best mexican restaurant is the one within walking distance at 2am when you're drunk and hungry as gently caress.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Los Comales on 22nd is the poo poo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mexique in Chicago.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
taqueria del sol if you in to the real poo poo

nuevo loredo if you into realer poo poo

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I used to live near a restaurant called "taco of the town". It was pretty good when it was opened. It has the weirdest hours ever.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I like del taco but I don't eat there because it's so cheap that I'm very suspicious. Like, how can you afford to sell tacos at that price DT?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

don't eat fast food chain mexican you loving idiots, go to a real restaurant in texas or southern calfifornia or i dont know maybe mexico???? gently caress!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

i do not understand how goons can't eat a taco without their anus expunging blood for a week, wtf, what the gently caress is wrong with all of you it's just food, go to a doctor about your stupid asses

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

smoobles posted:

i do not understand how goons can't eat a taco without their anus expunging blood for a week, wtf, what the gently caress is wrong with all of you it's just food, go to a doctor about your stupid asses
we are just getting back to the pants making GBS threads era of GBS

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

smoobles posted:

True. People always posting "taco bell makes my intestines melt! LOL!" And I've never experienced any actual problems after eating tacos.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

smoobles posted:

don't eat fast food chain mexican you loving idiots, go to a real restaurant in texas or southern calfifornia or i dont know maybe mexico???? gently caress!

this is true please if you live in southern california everyone knows that a sweet abuela will come over and cook for you all you have to do is open a window and ask

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Any local Mexican run taqueria will easily beat the poo poo out of any chain.

Yes even the food poisoning is of better quality.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If you're in Texas go to the Mexican grilled chicken places like El Pollo Regio. Or anything with the words "Tacqueria" or "Tortilleria" in the name.

But I also really like Tex-Mex though people consider it "not real Mexican food" who gives a poo poo

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

RedMage129 posted:

True. People always posting "taco bell makes my intestines melt! LOL!" And I've never experienced any actual problems after eating tacos.

Didn't you see Southpark? Chipotlaway? Obvious, it's a national epidemic...

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Pudding Huxtable posted:

Any local Mexican run taqueria will easily beat the poo poo out of any chain.

Yes even the food poisoning is of better quality.
we have three "indie" taco places on one corner in food paradise victoria bc

one is "authentic" but its bland as heck and staffed by high school kids and not licensed to sell beer so gently caress them

one is run by white surf dudes so its not really mexican but its my favorite they have an awesome crispy fish burrito its amazing

i havnt tried the other one but its looks very legit and it sells beer so im already giving it a favorable yelp review

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also Taco Cabana is some nasty poo poo.

I only ate there late night because they stayed open 24 hours when I couldn't find anything else and I was in desperate moments

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Wikkheiser posted:

If you're in Texas go to the Mexican grilled chicken places like El Pollo Regio. Or anything with the words "Tacqueria" or "Tortilleria" in the name.

But I also really like Tex-Mex though people consider it "not real Mexican food" who gives a poo poo

mexican food is good if you want something cheap and delicious

tex-mex is good if you want to gorge on meat, cheese and margaritas and then feel sick for 24 hours because you ate too much

both are great depending on your needs

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

numberoneposter posted:

one is "authentic" but its bland as heck and staffed by high school kids and not licensed to sell beer so gently caress them
My experience with these places varies. They're either really good or they're going to depth-charge your sphincter a few hours later.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012

ScorpioMajesty posted:

I used to live near a restaurant called "taco of the town". It was pretty good when it was opened. It has the weirdest hours ever.

Doobie opened another restaurant?

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
theres these things springing up near me called "taco bus" that are pretty amazing. theyre open late and have a walk up. the main kitchen is like an old school bus. they are in downtown areas too so you can get shitfaced then take a walk down to taco bus and yeah. basically if your eating at a chain you are human garbage

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
There's a Mexican place in a strip mall near where I live and I assume that it's a pretty good place because the only customers I ever see inside are Mexican.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

we have three "indie" taco places on one corner in food paradise victoria bc

one is run by white surf dudes so its not really mexican but its my favorite they have an awesome crispy fish burrito its amazing

i havnt tried the other one but its looks very legit and it sells beer so im already giving it a favorable yelp review

you live in canada, i'm sorry but you've never actually had mexican food. i'm sorry to be the one to tell you. you've had bullshit food. you have been lied to.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I think my favorite mex food would have to be Chipotle

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

There's a place near me called Tippy's Tacos. It's pretty good, one of the only places that has birch beer.

It also makes me take big poops. I call em Tippy's shits.

lol i been to tippy's once in my life and the atmosphere there was so oppressive i was actually relieved when i left. aside from myself and 2 friends there were like 3 people there, sitting by themselves, just looking like their liveswere so lonely and meaningless that this was it, this was their final poo poo meal to top off their poo poo life, theyve decided to kill themselves in the tippy's taco parking lot after they finish their terrible enchiladas. What a horrible place

*e: baja fresh is awesome even though they use human corpsemeat

im pooping! fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 9, 2016

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

smoobles posted:

you live in canada, i'm sorry but you've never actually had mexican food. i'm sorry to be the one to tell you. you've had bullshit food. you have been lied to.
i totally agree but if there is one thing vancouver and victoria do well its variety in food stuff

but you are probably right

the best mexican food ive ever had was from a place in nanaimo called ginas mexican cafe

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

im pooping! posted:

lol i been to tippy's once in my life and the atmosphere there was so oppressive i was actually relieved when i left. aside from myself and 2 friends there were like 3 people there, sitting by themselves, just looking like their liveswere so lonely and meaningless that this was it, this was their final poo poo meal to top off their poo poo life, theyve decided to kill themselves in the tippy's taco parking lot after they finish their terrible enchiladas. What a horrible place

*e: baja fresh is awesome even though they use human corpsemeat

Yup!, that's Tippy's. I think they are good but I like most things that I eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

taqueria del sol if you in to the real poo poo

nuevo loredo if you into realer poo poo

This is true. Also, if you're in Athens, Sr. Sol is the best "Mexican" restaurant.

• Locked thread