Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is it a good idea to teach kids social justice in spanish class
gently caress you
this is some :laffo: stuff
:zoid:
social justice is totes good :nutshot:
lol no :secondpost:
you are offending xir feelings and zim will be very upset
the teacher was foolish for doing what she did
that's a hot tamale of a question :boom:
View Results

• Locked thread
.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
me gusta privilege

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

lol at jew privilege

well i mean sort of

every once in a while, i'll get offered some contract work when a mainland broadcast company needs local grips to fill spaces in their crew. i have a germanic surname that could believably be truncated 20th century european exodus-style and as hawaiians, we have pretty wild hair, so the jewish directors are always like "ehh i think probably he's a good jewish guy. if we ever come back i'll be happy to work with him again!"

which y'know is good for me but they definitely have a good thing going :v:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

lol at putting mental disabilites above physical disabilities

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

my brother is the jewiest lookin mofo in the world and all he gets are hasidic tourists yelling at him in yiddish

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
social justice jorge

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Bro Dad posted:

my brother is the jewiest lookin mofo in the world and all he gets are hasidic tourists yelling at him in yiddish

That's because you actually have to be a part of the jewish community to be able to take advantage of the support network that it provides.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
Goku

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Goku is a little piss bitch

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Ork of Fiction posted:

That's because you actually have to be a part of the jewish community to be able to take advantage of the support network that it provides.

Bwuh? Why would anybody think that Hasidim are the ones with power among the Jews, let alone at all representative of Jews as a whole?

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

lol at putting mental disabilites above physical disabilities

Better yet, thinking that "retarded" is still an accepted clinical term. Sounds like someone didn't get the memo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVgoS_IQXck

And what's up with with the occupations listing "police" with a negative privilege value?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Bwuh? Why would anybody think that Hasidim are the ones with power among the Jews, let alone at all representative of Jews as a whole?

I think you're misunderstanding. Looking Jewish and being part of the Jewish community are different.

The former will maybe make Hasids think you know Yiddish. LOL.
The latter will give you business and social connections otherwise unavailable. <-This part has nothing to do with HAySEEdics, imo

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

As long as we're agreed that nobody gives much of a poo poo about the Hasidim. Those guys aren't the ones with wealth and power, unless you're really into really specific parts of Williamsburg real estate, and even then, many (if not most?) Hasidim are actually quite poor and highly isolated. My family always regarded them as toxic space aliens - being connected with Hasidim would mark you as somebody to *avoid*. Which, I guess, is sort of my point: your average Jewy-looking motherfucker has more and better professional connections than your average Hasid. Not all Jews, and not all Jewish communities, are equally well-connected. And to the limited extent that I myself have ever had any Jewish connections, they've never appeared any more dramatic than, say, my wife's Chinese connections.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Cockmaster posted:

And what's up with with the occupations listing "police" with a negative privilege value?

yeah because everyone loves cops

lmbo

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
So if you don't know how to add, your score is automatically -30?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Well you certainly won't be able to add thirty points.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Tubesock posted:

she should have used the standardized test. how else are you supposed to check privilege across the states.

i was gonna come make 20 posts about how this thing is ridiculous, and prove it by doing addition, but you guys are on your game. good work all B)

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Goku is a little piss bitch

gaycuck

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

spacetoaster posted:

You're right. There are some parents out there that teach their kids beliefs that are different from yours. That's bad and we should stop it.

We'll start fixing the world in Spanish class.

I wouldn't necessarily consider stuff like homophobia, racism, or sexism, to merely be different belief values in a way that implies they are fair alternatives. There is absolutely a place in schools to teach kids about stuff like that but obviously it shouldn't be in your spanish class.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
who did you get for understanding privilege in america? i got harper, man she was such a bitch when i had her for cultural appropriation in the 21st century. jeeze, 5th grade is shaping up to be a doozy

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i was gonna come make 20 posts about how this thing is ridiculous, and prove it by doing addition, but you guys are on your game. good work all B)

lol if you think you need to do any math to know it's retarded on its face

let's look at this numerology objectively

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

Well that was retarded

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
yo hablo priviligio blanco

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Ork of Fiction posted:

That's because you actually have to be a part of the jewish community to be able to take advantage of the support network that it provides, schmuck

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

why do people say "people of colour" and not just "people"

are they racist?

I duno but in 10 years it will be seen as a racist term which will be fairly amusing.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
If this circular trend continues, the next pc term will be "negroes". Start using it now to get a head start in the tolerance olympics

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

Lil Bit O Vitriol posted:

Well that was retarded

and queer.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I don't see anything about age and how that might tie into discrimination.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How can she even teach spanish?? the entire language is built around the concept of masculine and feminine lmao

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

A gay amoeba

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
I love when privilege chart comes up in these threads and dozens of people will talk about how dumb and ridiculous a blatant joke image is as if it were real, even when it has "Add it up if you cant add -30" and "If you are doing this on a friday or saterday night add -15"

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

CountryMatters posted:

I love when privilege chart comes up in these threads and dozens of people will talk about how dumb and ridiculous a blatant joke image is as if it were real, even when it has "Add it up if you cant add -30" and "If you are doing this on a friday or saterday night add -15"

Hurr durr

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I ll take Bruce Jenner for 300 Alex

As was pointed out the race question were rather limited she excluded Native americans and pacific islanders, also she didnt take into account how those groups with to viewed or labeled.

I know some Khmer who hated being labeled Asian.

Also I dont understand the sexuality stuff, what is disexual is that like bisexual or something?

Does the teacher have a go fund me yet?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

mdm posted:

yeah because everyone loves cops

lmbo

Yeah but being a cop is like you have a "Good for 1 Free Murder" card in your wallet. That's privilege.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I'm so privileged I think the only gender column choices should be "normal" or "freak".

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I'm so privileged I think the only gender column choices should be "normal" or "freak".

most of those choices are just synonyms for those two.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Remember, a poo poo-poor white person in Appalachia is more privileged than an Indian doctor's son cruising around in the Lexus he got for his 16th birthday

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
It's not even in Spanish

Also this person is completely unaware of her class privilege to the point of not even acknowledging it and should be hounded on tumblr or something forever

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Also these types of people never take into account that Hispanic is an ethnic/cultural identity and not a race in itself. I know a lot of blond-haired blue-eyed Cubans and Venezuelans, and a lot of Haitians and Dominicans who look no different from your average black American, and the two groups arguably get different treatment from police and such. And that's not even getting into the Filipino-American experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Hogge Wild posted:

also lol at urban china being better than france

no french though...

• Locked thread