Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Molotov Cock Tale posted:

Alright here's my guess for the future based on inference and the magic 8-ball.

RSI/CIG pulls off a corporate inversion, transferring everything to Foundry 42 in the UK.
CIG USA can now go into chapter 11, freeing it from obligations to the backers.
F42 goes on to push out SQ42 on consoles, maybe there's a PC port at some point.

Can I get a confirm/deny here Derek?

They can't do any of that because every entity tied to Star Citizen, was created with backer money. The money trail is not that hard; regardless of how many companies they've created around it. That's what forensic accountants & investigators do for a living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Honestly they can shovel out whatever poo poo they want to and call it whatever and most likely be good legally. They're only hard legally liable for physical backer rewards.

As far as I can see nothing illegal has been done. Just unethical/incompetent poo poo.

edit: They'll just be banned from kickstarter like that fem frequency lady is. But I doubt they'd care after getting 100 mil on their own website.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

CIG's latest choice of grey and yellow isn't too bad - other space games do that too.

On a map that also comes with

and

and

and

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
What game is that?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

crobblers does occassionally post here, yea

Yeah, but I tend to think real Goons have been here for much longer. e.g. just because those Spergs over on Reddit spend $10 bux to view/post here, doesn't make them Goons. It makes them idiots spending $10 to read Goon poo poo

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
LOL!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_fgUyGD8Yc

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Smart, out at least one cig staff account other than atx and ace

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, but I tend to think real Goons have been here for much longer. e.g. just because those Spergs over on Reddit spend $10 bux to view/post here, doesn't make them Goons. It makes them idiots spending $10 to read Goon poo poo

Cobblers seems to be completely on-board. He's been making procedurally created bird posts on the RSI forums for a while now, and they are par-excellence.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

D_Smart posted:

Cobblers has the heart of a Goon :colbert:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
There are some shameful goons in this thread. Crobblers is more goony.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Cobblers's commitment to procedurally generated birds is definitely a thing of beauty

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I just want the car dealership.

That is all.

Nothing else matters.

Get it working.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

G0RF posted:

Hey ATXSperg-

Have you see this upcoming Ship Sales Floor we've heard so much about in the last two months of AtV? Is CIG finally ending the "Sausage Citizen" era via the introduction of female NPCs to the game with it? Or will it just be more endless clones of the universal dark-haired, crazy-eyed Everyman we're already sick to death of?

Also-- can you comment on particle physics quality in champagne bubble animations at this point? I'm really hoping they don't cut corners on the fidelity levels there. If it looks like they are, let me know and I will send Chris a clip of some fantastic bubble systems in another game so that can go back to the drawing board and get retooled.

I hope the bubbles are procedurally generated! A canned animation wouldn't be very fidelitous at all

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

TTerrible posted:

What game is that?

Still Angels Fall First.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

TTerrible posted:

What game is that?
That game http://store.steampowered.com/

It's got arcadey space fights which still let you turn off WW2 steering and spin around without changing your direction of movement.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

D_Smart posted:

idiots spending $10 to read Goon poo poo

The definition of a goon.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4e3jr4/discussion_lets_deal_with_the_new_alpha_proposal/d1x9mp5

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Milestone reached this morning, guys:

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Google Butt posted:

youve said this like 20 times, he's dumb and you are dumb as well. sorry about that, call your mom and tell her that you love her.

Is it really news that I'm retarded? But I'm not wrong here! counter ticks to 21

MeLKoR posted:

You were pretty dumb 12 years ago.

I was so deep in the koolaid even SEA PATROL couldn't reach me.

Haskell9 fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 10, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Clarification on "Secret PTU" - WLeverett_CIG

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4e4v9x/clarification_on_secret_ptu_wleverett_cig/d1x2wf3

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

And the full cgi Starship Troopers: Invasion that was actually pretty okay and had a very anime vibe to it.

It's better than the actual anime Starship Troopers nobody remembers.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The fact that people buy into the fact that CIG are "delivering" each week/month is really pathetic.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Asema posted:

The fact that people buy into the fact that CIG are "delivering" each week/month is really pathetic.

They're consistently delivering something, it just happens to be everything but an actual videogame.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Asema posted:

When you've been starving for five years six months, a crust of bread looks like a gourmet meal.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

megane posted:

When you've been starving for five years six months , 16 weeks a crust of bread looks like a gourmet meal.

FTFY

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Variable 5 posted:

:prepop:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Asema posted:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Actually if they are going to do the NDA thing, that probably means they are going to reset the game engine or something.

So game development time is actually NEGATIVE 2 weeks.

The game is so great it breaks time.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/718864948143624193

lol, what

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Variable 5 posted:

Here's the guy who actually thought goons were organizing to suck up bandwidth, and wanted to jump in with the cool kids.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Asema posted:

Amusingly enough, Lethality of all people doesn't share that opinion.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Asema posted:

CIG barely even delivers enough to keep us from turning on each other in the thread.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

i think she might be a little loony o.O

fnox
May 19, 2013

"I'm at home playing piano all day"? Who says that? It's not even in the right tense.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

Here's the guy who actually thought goons were organizing to suck up bandwidth, and wanted to jump in with the cool kids.

:ughh:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

It's better than the actual anime Starship Troopers nobody remembers.

True, but that's not a huge bar to have to clear. Invasion is the best of the sequels though, IMO.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fnox posted:

"I'm at home playing piano all day"? Who says that? It's not even in the right tense.

I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I HAVE TALENTS AND SKILLS PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Variable 5 posted:

lol

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

fnox posted:

It makes sense if you have to practice for the entire day. As in a, 'Can't go outside, I've got chores to do' kinda way. I'd say something like that myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
I've been F5ing CIG's website for the last two weeks straight. My hand hurts and I'm so tired.

• Locked thread