Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is it a good idea to teach kids social justice in spanish class
gently caress you
this is some :laffo: stuff
:zoid:
social justice is totes good :nutshot:
lol no :secondpost:
you are offending xir feelings and zim will be very upset
the teacher was foolish for doing what she did
that's a hot tamale of a question :boom:
View Results

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Well, I'm an anti-racist, and I think that Chinese ppl can be good at math if they study and work hard just like ne body else also black ppl have a perfectly normal amount of fast twitch muscle fiber.

Just wanted to make suer u all know these things about me and my thoughts, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

CountryMatters posted:

I love when privilege chart comes up in these threads and dozens of people will talk about how dumb and ridiculous a blatant joke image is as if it were real, even when it has "Add it up if you cant add -30" and "If you are doing this on a friday or saterday night add -15"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

I wouldn't necessarily consider stuff like homophobia, racism, or sexism, to merely be different belief values in a way that implies they are fair alternatives. There is absolutely a place in schools to teach kids about stuff like that but obviously it shouldn't be in your spanish class.

The threshold for what constitutes homophobia, racism, and sexism varies quite a bit among different people. A grade school spanish class rally isn't the place for that stuff.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Putting that much effort into looking like a retard doesn't come off rear end a joke so much as the make the person look like a retard.

if you can't discern a bad joke from a sincere statement then how are you not dead?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
hmmm should i use my spanish class to examine texts and stories about the history of colonial expansion in latin america or perhaps explore illegal immigration narratives or immigration narratives generally? maybe i could use this class to normalize the spanish language or latino culture as validly american and not as the exotic manifestations of an irreconcilable out-group.

no i will distribute a 'privilege chart' expressing my idiosyncratic opinions on oppression and privilege. that will move things forward. i am a first year teacher.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

if you can't discern a bad joke from a sincere statement then how are you not dead?

There is no difference between someone who is sincerely an idiot and someone sincerely acting like an idiot.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

but if you mock them for being a different kind of idiot than they are, you are the idiot.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

but if you mock them for being a different kind of idiot than they are, you are the idiot.

Not really, no.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Iit doesn't matter how blatant or over the top a piece of satire or a joke is. There will always be goons who take it in earnest and make themselves like like doofuses and then try to fall back on Poe's law instead of acknowledging that they are gullible as a dog chasing a ball that is still in its master's hand.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm a white red headed Spanish-Mexican and it's really funny how literally every middle class white gut I've met doesn't understand how I can be a white guy named Sanchez

just tell them you're rick from rick and morty, wubba lubba dub dub

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Whatev posted:

Iit doesn't matter how blatant or over the top a piece of satire or a joke is. There will always be goons who take it in earnest and make themselves like like doofuses and then try to fall back on Poe's law instead of acknowledging that they are gullible as a dog chasing a ball that is still in its master's hand.

[GOON 1]: "Stop acting so stupid!"

[GOON 2]: "You first!"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ah that dumb privilege chart was a 4chan creation? no wonder why jews are placed as the most privileged of the religions

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Well fellas, looks like we've been had! hahaha those rascals at 4chan have done it again.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
im muslim/sikh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

Whatev posted:

Whatev

• Locked thread